PDA

View Full Version : Pelor/Domains/Extra Domains/Illumians

Jo-sama
2012-04-11, 02:13 AM
Hi all!
a) need help about domains stuff:
1) in phb Pelor have Good, Healing, Strength, Sun Domains
in Complete Divine - Glory, Good, Healing, Strength, Sun
Glory Domain - it's a some kind of extra domain which a can take only after adding levels of the prestige class with extra domains or I can take it from the beginning of the game?
2) "If your cleric is not devoted to a particular deity, you still select
two domains to represent his spiritual inclinations and abilities" (phb)
Is there any restriction about domain choise? for example, as an evil cleric can I take death and undeath domains without particular deity?

b) Illimians/Sigil:
sigil: Vaul (“soul”): +1 bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks (races of destiny)
does it affect number of turns, turning checks, turning damage?

Feytalist
2012-04-11, 02:35 AM
Glory is just another domain they included in Complete Divine. Pelor has it as a domain, so you can pick it, same as usual.

If your cleric devotes himself to an idea, you can pick any two domains you wish, excluding alignment domains that do not correspond to your own alignment. As long as you can somehow justify it to your DM, of course. Death and Undeath for an evil cleric who worships the idea of death should be fine, but the Good domain would be out of bounds.

There is a feat, Heretic of the Faith (Power of Faerun) that allows you to choose one domain that your deity does not normally grant.

Turning checks and turning damage are both Charisma checks, so the +1 bonus would apply. Turn attempts per day I'm not sure about, since that is 3 + Cha modifier per day, and is not a Charisma check (you don't actually roll the dice).