PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Prestige class that manipulates shapechanging?

Malky
2012-04-11, 03:55 AM
I remember reading about a prestige class that could alter a shapechanged form, like growing scales on it, an extra arm, etc.

But i cant for the life of me remember what book it was in or what it was called.

Anyone knows what im talking about or am i totally in the wrong?

Hirax
2012-04-11, 03:59 AM
Master transmogrofist, Complete Arcane. It would be awesome were it not for the lost caster levels.

Ernir
2012-04-11, 04:45 AM
There's also Warshaper, from Complete Warrior, and Master of Many forms, from Complete Adventurer.

Malky
2012-04-11, 05:23 AM
Thanks :) is there a feat sort of like Natural Spell but for arcane casters?

HunterOfJello
2012-04-11, 05:40 AM
The geomancer from Complete Divine does this, but the geomancer is just plain weird.

Note: The Geomancer can be a great prestige class if you're playing a gestalt character.

Tenebris
2012-04-11, 05:43 AM
Natural Spell is there because druids mechanically cannot cast spells in the wildshape forms.

Just shapechange into something that can speak (only animals and oozes are out (?) ) & perform some hand gestures. Or take Nonverbal Spell feat for animal forms.

Darrin
2012-04-11, 06:27 AM

Sort of. Tenebris mentions Nonverbal Spell (Planar Handbook), but that only covers verbal components.

Surrogate Spellcasting (Savage Species) covers both verbal and somatic components. It doesn't specify divine/arcane, but it does require Wiz 13.

Malky
2012-04-11, 07:25 AM
again, thanks for all the help, but a new question has popped into mind.

Say you are a Wizard10/Warshaper5 could you grow an additional mouth and set of hands to cast 2 spells in a turn using the Multivoice feat?