PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape Druid Build

IzorkX
2012-04-11, 06:54 AM
Hey.

I'm creating a druid right now, where my focus will be entirely on Wild Shape (going for dmg. forms, starting out in Leopard). Start Lv. 5

Feats:

I'm unsure which feats to take along the way.

Natural Spell (ofc)
Multiattack (Guess I should take this aswell?)

What else is useful for a 100% wild shape focus?

stats:

Con/WIS is what I should max, rest doesnt matter right?

I want to be able to cast spells aswell, (since I have natural spell) which ones are importmant at each level?

I'm going for a Dire Bat as my first companion, just for flying (if theres a good dmg dealer at Lv. 5 id take that!)

If theres anything else that should be mentioned, please do :)

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-11, 07:55 AM
Are you sure you want to restrict to MM1 forms?

Here are some feats to look into:

Dragon Wild Shape (Draconomicon)
Exalted Wild Shape (Book of Exalted Deeds)
Frozen Wild Shape (Frostburn)
Assume Supernatural Ability (Savage Species)
Multiattack (Monster Manual)
Improved Natural Attack (Monster Manual)

IzorkX
2012-04-11, 08:36 AM
No (:

Sorry if I made it sound like I only wanted from that. Wasnt my intention (:

Thanks for the feats, they look nice.

Urpriest
2012-04-11, 08:40 AM
Since it's been drummed into our heads: remember that without some boosting your AC in wildshape won't be that great. Options include wearing barding, Wild Armor, and a Monk's Belt.

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-11, 09:24 AM
Also the best option of all: Wilding Clasps. Attach those to a Monk's Belt or normal armor, and you won't need an assistant to help you wear it after you Wild Shape.

Though getting the assistant to help you put your armor and other gear on is very useful!

Also, which method are you going to be using to talk in Wild Shape?

IzorkX
2012-04-11, 01:49 PM
Also the best option of all: Wilding Clasps. Attach those to a Monk's Belt or normal armor, and you won't need an assistant to help you wear it after you Wild Shape.

Though getting the assistant to help you put your armor and other gear on is very useful!

Also, which method are you going to be using to talk in Wild Shape?

Im not sure, I havent thought about that yet.

Which options are there?

Randomguy
2012-04-11, 02:39 PM
There's also the aberrant wild shape feat, but it has a prereq that isn't that great (aberrant blood, I think). There are a few good aberration forms: Cloakers make good grapplers at low levels, chuul's seem decent, aboleths are a good water form and Athaches get you a third arm.

The cursed item called amulet of though projection is a decent way to talk to people while in wildshape, if you actually know that it's cursed.

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-12, 12:18 PM
Well, there is the Pearl of Speech in Magic Item Compendium. There's Wild Shaping into a form that can talk, via Frozen Wild Shape, Dragon Wild Shape, or Exalted Wild Shape. There's the core option, the 'cursed' Amulet of Thought Projection, like was mentioned, though I prefer Pearls of speech. Give them to your animal companion so you can hear the inane things an int 2 cha 6 animal says..

Feralventas
2012-04-12, 02:52 PM
If you're looking at focusing entirely on Wild Shape, would you consider the Master of Many Forms PrC from Complete Adventurer? (Or Complete Warrior, not sure).

It doesn't progress your spellcasting, but it gives you more uses of Wild Shape per day while granting you a new variation on it on a regular basis (humanoids, aberations, dragons, etc, all as part of the PrC's progression.)

Harry
2012-04-12, 06:31 PM
You could take the divine minion template for 1 LA it gives you 11 extra Druid levels For wildshaping purposes link - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a and If you do go in master of many forms its.... Nice:smallsmile:

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-12, 06:49 PM
The thing is, you don't NEED the nerf of MoMF...

Druid with feat support is plenty awesome for wild shaping!

Take a look at this for example...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17bYfVxcXM8uKmxtQAOHgKN7MNchvqcMw31R-k-NPrTw/edit?authkey=CLWf4ugH