PDA

View Full Version : [3.5E] Heretic's Bane Temple Group

King Tius
2012-04-11, 02:59 PM
As the four of you stand around the great anvil a warm sensation takes root in your wounds. You all immediately recognize this as some kind of magical healing effect as your wounds slowly knit themselves shut. The bolstering feeling from the anvil continues to increase as a faint shimmering aura appears around all four of you. Magnum recognizes this effect to be similar to his Shield of Faith spell but casts it anyways, banking on it providing him with some additional protection. As he takes aim at the ice ceiling above him, he finds he has no problem selecting a particular spot in the ice and tagging it perfectly with his crossbow. The bolt punches right through the ice, though the ice does not shatter or leave a large enough hole to see anything through.

Hjalmar continues to smash the ice from the anvil and seems to be making incredible progress. Great chunks of ice tumble off the altar, almost as if the anvil wanted to be free of its icy prison.....

The Map

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7483/temple1.png

Since Mike wants to keep the three groups split up, feel free to post all OOC stuff in this thread as well. Please just make sure you mark it OOC so things are easier to keep track of.

Strangie
2012-04-11, 03:40 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt ponders for a moment, and thinks about the anvil and how he can help break the ice on this thing. He looks at his bat, and realizes that won't be terribly effective - his acid enchantment might help melt the ice, but he isn't strong enough to make much more of a dent than that.

He instead starts pulling out his alchemical items - a flask of oil and an alchemist's fire, and looks to the dwarves. "You think lightin' it up a bit might help speed 'dis process?"

Chepe Nolon
2012-04-11, 06:09 PM
Nega

Nega helps Hjalmar clear the altar of ice.
Careful of fire Magnum we don't want to make it to comfertable do we Nega laughs.

Gryndel
2012-04-12, 11:26 AM
Magnum

With a nod at Nega as she moved up to help Hjalmar, the Alaghor grabbed the halfling by the shoulder and guided him toward the end of the anvil (J13?). Still singing his Ehontar, he told Wyatt quickly between verses, "I doubt yer small fire'd matter much Wyatt, but I don't see any harm in tryin', maybe at da front end."

Pondering the best position to be in, he moved to the other end of the anvil (J or K 7)and remained ready to fire up if anything dangerous showed itself.

OOC: So I guess ready action to fire crossbow if other threat appears above.

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]

Ehontar still going...

AC 30
HP 90/90

mshady
2012-04-12, 06:08 PM
The Temple

Hjalmar continues to smash the ice with his hammer, and large chunks are cleaved off with every hit. Mindful of the roars from above, something tells him that uncovering it was important. Sweat streams from his brow as he works, and the irony of the situation doesn't escape him. Who ever thought he would work an of ice?

With each strike though, his divinely blessed hammer flashes and he can see how it is breathing life back into the anvil. The once dead runes faintly glow after several strikes as the ice flies, and as he clears more of the surface, even the one eyed dwarf can make them out. When the hammer first strike the metal, his blow is rewarded with a harmonic, resounding clang and his hammer flashes brighter than it ever did before. The runes glow now, and he can feel this anvil, this artifact, is being awoken after a long slumber.

Each following strike crashes into the ornate metal surface and soon the old runes are blazing with energy. The anvil itself takes on a warmth, and soon steam is roiling from the ice. The last strike connects with a boom that is deafening. As if Moradin himself had struck the massive anvil. Perhaps it even WAS his anvil at one time? It was surely big enough. The boom shakes the temple and is heard throughout the entire complex. A rain of small icicles and frost fall like rain and snow. Old runes come to life throughout the temple and the diminishing crowds scream out in panic once again. Old torch sconces blaze to life and the area around the anvil takes on an air of...divinity? Even Magnum's voice seems to echo differently, almost like it was accompanied by a choir, as it gains some depth and power.

Certainly all, including Wyatt even, feel the warmth and their wounds stitch, and somehow protected within the circle.

Strangie
2012-04-12, 09:37 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt jolts a little when he is suddenly pushed, but watches Hjalmar pound away at the anvil. As the ice seems to melt away at a quickening pace, he shakes his head and puts his tools away. "Dont think it matters much now. I think Hjalmar's got 'dis covered pretty well. Wasn't countin' on 'DAT happenin'..."

He noted everything seemed to be melting away at a rather fast pace, and nods once. "You don't have to be a dwarf to know 'dat 'dis here is somethin' special..."

Gryndel
2012-04-13, 01:40 PM
Magnum

The Alaghor only nodded at Wyatt's words, a grim grin tugged the corners f his lips as he sang. Awareness of the power he experienced held no distraction from his focus above for any sign of dragons or other threats as he belted out another verse of Ehontar.

Chepe Nolon
2012-04-15, 04:13 PM
Nega

As Hjalmar clears the ice Nega puts two silver rings on the altar goes down on her knees and starts praying to Berronar.

mshady
2012-04-15, 05:02 PM
Nega

Nega places two silver rings on the massive anvil and kneels before it reverently. She can feel the power of the area vibrating through her. It was such a GOOD feeling, it was almost beginning to hurt. A distant part of her remembered something Hignar had said once, about how too much positive energy could be as dangerous as negative energy and her laughing at the idea of being blessed to death. Could it be something like that?

She looks up at the rings on the anvil and watches them begin to smoke and loose form, than moments later melt away into a formless puddle of precious metal. Reaching out with her hand, she touches the metal and lets her hand sit there a moment to see how hot the anvil was. It was warm certainly, but nowhere near enough to melt her rings.

As she watches, the puddle of silver is drawn towards the center of the anvil now as if drawn by a magnet. The two puddles are drawn into an old, bare rune and... and... they form into a silver circle. It may be a string thin runes, but she sees it, she sees it!

Strike the Anvil with your Mace. It was meant for this. Finish the Rekindling... Nega hears. It is a voice in her mind, as clear as musical note and one she had heard before. A whisper from Berronar, she thought?

King Tius
2012-04-15, 09:44 PM
Enter The Dragons
While at first only Wyatt could tell, you can all now clearly hear the roars of three distinct dragons. One sounds to be considerably bigger and meaner than the others. Just as the last of the remaining crowd drain out of the main chamber you look up to see a large shadow steadily growing on the ice above you. Though the rough fracturing of the icy cover distorts the image, it is clearly a dragon with its wings spread wide, growing ever larger at an alarming rate. Whatever actions you want to take before the dragons get here, you better do it quickly...

As Nega kneels before the Anvil, entranced by the melting silver rings and the runes that appeared before her, she lifts her mace and strikes the Anvil with everything she's got. The tone that the Anvil emits is so deep and sonorous that it vibrates you to the very core of your beings. Immediately the four of you erupt into flames. While terrifying for an instant, you realize that the fires do not burn as they lick against your armor and faces. The flames around you burn with the fire of the greatest of forges, as if the Soul Forger himself were casting you anew. As you stand in shock and awe, the fires seem to move inside you, filling you up with the warmth of the sun. When the fires subside you gaze at one another but do not see a one-eyed paladin, the first mace, the Ehontar, or a halfing. What stare back at you are the glowing visages of Dwarven spectres, glowing with a brilliant, radiant light. The armor they wear seems to be made of light itself and their weapons shine like the new dawn. In a flash the vision is gone and the four of you are left standing as the *THRUM* of the great Anvil resonates through the chamber. The three Dwarves realize that their spell power has returned to them in full, just as if they had rested and prayed again. Wyatt feels oddly at peace. His halfing brain, normally racing with half a million schemes, jokes, and bemusing thoughts is oddly quiet and singularly focused. He knows he has just been in the presence of something much greater than himself, though it is hard for him to even put those feelings into words.

With another mighty roar from the dragons above you all snap back into alertness after what almost felt like a daydream. The shimmering glow around your weapons and the divine fire burning in your hearts reassures you that it was no dream. As frozen hell comes plummeting towards you, you stand ready to face it as if ten thousand Dwarves stood at your backs.

Everyone please roll initiatives!

Strangie
2012-04-16, 05:58 AM
Wyatt

Initiative: [roll0]

"THREE of 'em... could 'dis possibly get any... no, don't ask, or it will..." he says. It probably COULD get worse...

But then as the scene unfolds after Nega strikes the anvil, his racing mind, filled with his usual paranoid doubts and fears, suddenly focuses. What was THAT? he thought to himself.

Shaking his head, he pulled his own weapon out from its holster, spinning his mace around his wrist for a moment before catching it in his hand. "I dunno what just happened, but... I feel... focused. If you guys got any fancy magic left to use, you'd better do it!"

Gryndel
2012-04-16, 11:27 AM
Magnum

The Alaghor merely furrowed his bushy brow deepr and scowled at sight of the dragons. He glanced over briefly at Hjalamr and Nega as he felt the awesome infusion of fiery power, a shivery smile of sheer confidence and dread spread under his thick beard, the grim visage of one ready to suffer any harm in order too inflict defeat upon his chosen enemies. Fierce fury lay waiting, focusing the will of stone and metal that glowed deeply in his dark eyes, as they passed from the holy warriors and Wyatt to the anvil and back up to the dragons that hurtled toward fates unknownable to their raw fury.

OOC: Oooh I posted in the wrong place and will need to alter actions from there to account for regaining spells in this thread. For now I'll delete that post and cast... somethingDivine Power!

Initiative [roll0]

King Tius
2012-04-16, 09:49 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield

With a deep and hearty laugh the grumpy old Dwarf flips his visor up on his helmet and tears off his eye patch. He tosses it aside as he slams his visor back down and begins the chanting of a spell, his helmet angled upwards as he watches the dragon's shadow grow larger.

Hjalmar casts Strength of Stone

Strangie
2012-04-19, 11:17 AM
OOC

I hope Magnum has some form of Mass Resist Energy prepared - the undodgey dwarves with crap Reflex are probably going to need it. :smalltongue:

Wyatt

"Hey, we gotta think about where we're gonna be standin' when 'dis thing shows up. Each of us to a corner, maybe? Even I know 'dat standing in a group like 'dis is just askin' to get plastered by dragon breath. If you ain't got any more magic for us, we'd better hop to it." Wyatt kept his mace and shield at the ready, twisting his upper body around in a stretch - even when he was TRYING to sound antsy, he looked... calm. Prepared. Mentally, at least.

If the dwarves agree with this plan, Wyatt will take a corner from within the protective circle that isn't occupied by one of the dwarves, unless told otherwise.

Chepe Nolon
2012-04-20, 06:34 AM
Nega

Nega stands up and casts bless (and prayer if she has time).
I will face da Dragon 'ere ye find yerself cover master wyatt. Aglahor ye find a protective position. Me and Jalmar will face da dragon from 'ere (if she has time for one more spell she will cast protection from energy cold on herself)
She stands ready with her mace held high and her shield ready.

Gryndel
2012-04-20, 03:00 PM
Magnum

Briefly baffled by the sudden return of his spells, the Alaghor soon took stock of his renewed powers and began a series of spells. First came the instant fulfillment of Wyatt's earlier expression, warding them against the frigid breath of white dragons and other sources of cold.

Cast Mass Resist Energy (Cold)

Next he recited a rare recitation to bolster his allies with Divine fortune.

Cast Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies within 60' on AC Saves and Attack)

Filled with exuberance at his exhalation of elation and power, he increased their already resolute conviction further.

Cast Mass Conviction (+3 moral bonus on saves)

Moving to the corner of the dias opposite Wyatt, with the anvil between them, he invoked personal pwer to face the onslaught of draconic dangers...

Cast Divine Power (Domain spell)

...followed by inflaming the axe he drew with holy fire!

Cast Flame of Faith on Giantbane Axe

"By the Silvery beard of Clangeddin, ye dragons met yer match!"

OOC: OK so taken in order, dismissing any that might be ineffective or overlap existing protections I know not, these spells should bring the lil warpriest into (or close to) engagement with frosty destiny! If needed, he'll use shielded casting as he nears his reach vs theirs...

loopy
2012-04-21, 11:29 AM
Eoin Shatterbond

Initiative: [roll0]

Eoin, ready for battle, takes position at the rear of the room and waits for whatever monstrosity that may enter the armory. Eldritch energy crackles at his fingertips as he prepares for the battle.

(OOC: Eoin readies an Eldritch Spear to be fired at the first enemy he sees.)

mshady
2012-04-26, 04:58 PM
DM Note - Yup, I'm still alive!: Heya Loopy - Eoin is actually in the Armory Group. I'm going to copy the post over there.

Strangie
2012-04-26, 10:52 PM
OOC
I was wondering what happened with that...

Wyatt

Wyatt shrugs at Nega. "Ah, I'm no master. Just your average, plucky halfling scout, caught up in yet another fine mess. Just as long as I keep moving, I'll be fine. But... thanks."

He then gives Magnum a thumbs up at his casting efforts. "I dunno how you managed to pull all 'dat off, but let's make it count!"

He whirls his mace around his wrist, preparing to get on the move as soon as an enemy shows up, shuffling his feet a bit. "I can fight just as well as almost any dwarf in 'dis outfit. I'm-a prove 'dat right here and right now."

"Bring it on."

King Tius
2012-04-27, 01:59 AM
With the restoration of his spells, Magnum is able to cast the first three of his intended list. Hjalmar manages to fire off a Silverbeard spell as well in preparation. Just when Magnum was getting ready to cast Divine Power the icy ceiling of the great temple shatters. Huge chunks of ice, some as wide as a small house come crashing down around our four heroes. Wyatt is able to duck under the lip of the anvil and avoid getting crushed as a massive sheet of ice explodes on the ground beside him. The three dwarves raise their shields and manage to weather the ice storm without harm. Between the magical shielding of the rune circles and Magnum's incantations, the ice proved to be little more than a grand spectacle. Peering up through sparkling mist left from the cascade you see two white dragons perched on the lip of the ceiling, staring down at you. Above them, an even larger dragon finishes its descent and alights beside them.

Lesser men (and women) would have turned and run in fear at the very sight of these three menacing creatures. Despite every ounce of sense telling him to run, Wyatt is able to stand fast at this formidable sight, proof that with enough magical bolstering a halfling can stand up to just about anything.

The largest of the whites begins speaking in the deep and crackling tongue of the dragons. Though none of you understand what it is saying, the jerking motion of its head makes it fairly clear that it is giving out orders. As you look an arrow comes soaring out of nowhere and lodges into one of the smaller dragon's necks. The great beast barely seems to notice the pain, though it does turn its head and looks in the direction of the armory before taking off and flapping out of sight. The biggest one, too, lifts off with a great flapping of wings and heads away, leaving the last of the three staring down at you. With a roar it tucks its wings and drops into the hole in the ceiling, headed right for you!

OOC1: Pssst, Nega, still need an Initiative roll.
OOC2: We're round-by-round now, folks. The dragon is still about 100 feet above you for ranged purposes.

Strangie
2012-04-27, 02:34 AM
OOC
Can you post the current initiative order and the map again, for easy reference?

Also, since I've been playing Skyrim a lot, this is the first music that pops to mind. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUAeh0jw1aw) Let's do this!

Wyatt

Wyatt rolls forward and slides on his back under the lip of the anvil, holding his buckler in front of him to better protect himself. He peers out from underneath, and stares back up at the dragon barreling toward him. "Damn, I was right. Three of 'em. He's gonna charge right at us - fair enough!"

More OOC
How large is this particular dragon, in terms of size category? I'm waiting for an updated map before I decide to post my turn.

Chepe Nolon
2012-04-28, 05:00 AM
Nega

Master Wyatt I don't tink yer not able I just say it because it ain't good idea to be all at da same place so get yer butt in to cover and dat goes fer ye to Magnum. Ye can consider dat an order. NOW GO

Init: Roll(1d20)-1:
14,-1
Total:13

((I still have 24 HP and the minus 1 on the sheet this is wrong I have full hitpoints and no minus 1 anymore))((Meaning my initiative should be 15))

Gryndel
2012-04-28, 09:10 AM
Magnum

The Alaghor narrowed his eyes and stared up at the dragons, then chuckled at the shower of ice. After casting his Divine Power spell, he scowled at Nega, but he wouldn't refuse an order from an authority he recognized. So he began to move and look aroud for any cover, ready to leap out and do battle if the opportunity presented itself.

HP: 90/90 (+8 temp)
AC: 29
Initiative: 10
Spells in Effect
no access right now to books so not sure of some durations
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Mass Resist Energy (cold)
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies within 60' on AC Saves and Attack)
Mass Conviction (+3 moral bonus on saves)
Divine Power

Strangie
2012-04-28, 01:21 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt glanced about the room. "Uh, Neg, I don't think 'dere IS any other cover in 'dis room. Other 'dan what I've already got!"

OOC
What other cover IS there? This room looked pretty open to me.

mshady
2012-04-29, 12:23 AM
Nega

Master Wyatt I don't tink yer not able I just say it because it ain't good idea to be all at da same place so get yer butt in to cover and dat goes fer ye to Magnum. Ye can consider dat an order. NOW GO

Init: Roll(1d20)-1:
14,-1
Total:13

((I still have 24 HP and the minus 1 on the sheet this is wrong I have full hitpoints and no minus 1 anymore))((Meaning my initiative should be 15))

Fixed it for you. Sheet updated

mshady
2012-05-02, 12:32 AM
Map coming from King later, I will be running this thread directly.

In terms of dragon size, you know the one entering through the roof of the temple is smaller than the bigger one. The bigger one appeared to be bearing a rider, a female in ice blue armor and the dragon itself was covered in scales of glittering blue and white ice. For a moment, Hjalmar and Magnum think they might know her from somewhere, but the largest dragon disappears from sight too quickly.

I.E. Unless your PC is an expert in dragons, that's all you are getting for size :)

mshady
2012-05-13, 10:24 PM
Hjalmar Initiative

[roll0]

mshady
2012-05-13, 10:36 PM
The Temple of the Dragon

The dragon crashes down towards the floor of the temple, not bothering to flare its wings as it lands. A rain of ice follows the dragon as it lands, with sheets of ice falling from ceiling and crashing down around the anvil and the dwarves. It lands with a thud on all four feet and roars at the three dwarves and Wyatt. It is perhaps the loudest sound any of them have ever heard, and they can even feel the force of the sound. The roar also has some sort of primal magical quality to it, as the sound combine with the dragon’s own frightful presence would unnerve lesser men.

Lesser men and women did not serve the Patriarchate of Moradin, however.

The white dragon may be smaller than the one with the rider upon it, but it still a hulking mass of destruction bigger than anything they had faced before. Bigger than even the Hydras of Wayward, but at least it only had one head.

The things head snakes back and forth as it looks at the dwarves over the True Anvil of Moradin, for it occurs to all three dwarves this must indeed be what this is. It takes a moment to regard the anvil, unsure what to make of it and how it had changed since the last time the dragon presumably saw it, covered in a block of ice. The beast suddenly rises to its full height and snorts ferociously, blasts of icy air and ice crystals billowing from its nostrils. Apparently its show of dominance had failed to impress, and that just enraged the creature.
White dragons were not known to be the most intelligent of dragons, but that was still much smarter than any humanoid. They were also incredibly territorial, and the four of them were claiming the favorite conversation piece in its home.
Order of Initiative:

Wyatt: 28
Nega: 13
White Dragon: 11
Magnum: 10
Hjalmar: 5

Cover: You have hard cover behind the Anvil, so assume a 50% miss chance if someone was shooting at you. I would rule the same with the breath weapon, unless it is within 10 feet and well… dragons have really long necks.

For Magnum and Hjalmar: Assume the dragon is going to come at your position on foot or in the air.

Gryndel
2012-05-14, 12:52 PM
Magnum

With a fierce grin the Alaghor boomed out the words to his next spell, inflaming his axe with divine fire. He stepped into best position, ready to deal with this icy reptilian monstrosity and bellowed ina growled challenge, "C'mon dragon, bring yer worst'n face da fire o'justice at last!"

Cast Flame of Faith (Shielded casting no AoO)
5' step to my advantage

HP 90/90 (+8 temp)
AC 29
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc)
Flame of Faith

Chepe Nolon
2012-05-15, 02:56 AM
Nega

Minion of Ice you come to your deat'. By da Moradinsamma I come to end yer life. Nega makes ready to attack knowing her mace is her best weapon she will risk attack on herself and attack the dragon. Hoping her spell will atleast shield her from harm on the first breath.

Strangie
2012-05-15, 11:25 AM
OOC: Still hoping for a map, but I don't think it'll change Wyatt's actions any aside from where he ends his turn. I will update accordingly when I have a map to work with.

Also, make sure you keep in mind that Wyatt has Spring Attack, which I'll likely be using throughout the fight to avoid AoOs.

Wyatt

Wyatt easily beats everybody else to the punch, quickly getting on the move. As the dragon tries to show off, he quickly (and bravely) runs past its face (or if it's not in reach, some other accessable body part), swatting at it with his mace on the move. "Come get some, you winged freak of nature!"

As he swipes, he backpedals away, quickly putting either the dwarves, the anvil, or both between him and the dragon.

Spring Attack, no AoOs from the dragon.

Move, attack, move again, preferably away from the dragon and behind either the anvil, the dwarves, both, or some other form of cover if applicable, making full use of my movement speed.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] acid + [roll3] Skirmish

HP: 59/59
AC: 36 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Expeditious Dodge 2 + Luck (from Recitation) 2
Saves: Fort +11, Reflex +18, Will +13 (including Recitation and Mass Conviction spells)

Spells in effect: Mass Resist Cold, Recitation, Mass Conviction

Strangie
2012-05-15, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the double post, couldn't see my last post because it's the first one on a new page.

Such a dumb technical bug on these forums...

King Tius
2012-05-15, 02:20 PM
Hjalmar scowls at the dragon and points his hammer towards it. "Time to die." He grumbles, calling upon the Forge Father's power and Smiting the Dragon, granting himself insane bonuses against it. He steps out from behind the great anvil, making sure he is in place to meet the dragon head on. Drawing back his hammer, he hurls it with all his might, straight for the ugly creature's head.

OOC: Smite evil bypasses DR, grants +Cha (4) to attacks and + lvl (9) to damage. In addition, it the creature is an evil outsider, dragon, or undead (it is), he gets +18 to his first successful damage against it.

Swift Action: Smite Dragon
Move Action: Step out into position
Standard Action: Throw Hammer

With Far Shot his hammer has a 30ft range. Not sure what range penalties there will be, so add them to the roll as needed. Also, I'm not adding any bonuses from the rune circles in case you want to change what they do, Mike.

Hammer Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] fire
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Smite Evil grants a Cha (4) bonus to AC

Hjalmar Crownshield
Spells Active: Strength of Stone, Resist Cold, Recitation, Rune Circles
HP 92/92
DR 2/- AC: 32 (+2 Recitation (luck))

Mike: Should we tell everyone the bonuses from the rings so they can keep track on their own stats? Might make your life easier.

mshady
2012-05-15, 07:13 PM
OOC: Sure, feel free to disclose the bonuses.

King Tius
2012-05-15, 08:16 PM
The rings provide a +2 Sacred bonus to AC/Attack/Damage/Saves as well as Fast Healing 1.

mshady
2012-05-18, 06:11 PM
The Temple Group:

Map pending… The dragon starts at 60 feet north of the anvil (i.e. broadside of the anvil). King, could you handle this? Dragon is north of the anvil (ie facing the long side)

Wyatt (Initiative 28): The dragon stands 60 feet away from the group, menacing and ready to attack the three heroes, and Wyatt. Yet it is the halfling that strikes first, charging out of his position in a blur of pumping feet and incoherent battle cry on his tongue. The slippery, icy, surface of the temple gives him no issues as he weaves and jukes forward. The dragon’s long neck follows the little halfling with interest.

“Come and get some, you winged freak of nature!” Wyatt yells at it. Rather than charging into range of tooth and claw, a flask of smoking alchemist fire goes tumbling towards the dragon, breaking on its torso in a burst of flame that sticks to its scales. The fire sizzles as Wyatt cruises away from the dragon’s wrath. No need to tempt it when you’re already bite sized! Did it do anything though?

The dragon takes no damage.

Nega (Initiative 13): “Minion of Ice, you come to your deat’! By da Moradinsamma, I come to end yer life!” she boldly declares. She makes ready to attack, knowing her mace is her best weapon. Certainly the best weapon here, for surely it was second to only the Patriarch’s hammer in power. Her words intend to goad the dragon to attacking her while under the cover of the Anvil. Her mace blazes brightly as she holds it aloft for the dragon to see and she looks it right in its beady, lizard eyes as she calls out her challenge.

Her words caught the dragon’s attention, and it charges towards the group, charges right at Nega.

Nega issued a challenge to the dragon. Her charisma + Intimidation scores versus the dragon’s will save. The dragon failed the will save on the challenge and is now taking the most… direct route. Congratulations?

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Dragons are both huge and awfully fast, so it closes the distance swiftly with the group. As it closes, you can see a swirl of colors around it, indicating some sort of wards of protection on it. Probably thanks to that priest! It launches itself into the air as it goes, and with a powerful stroke of its wings, shoots forward and is soon hovering in front of and above the anvil. It is out of reach from their weapons…

Then, the world goes white as a blast of incredibly cold air and ice crystals blast the group…

Nega: Passes Reflex Check, takes 3 HP after reduction from Resist Cold
Magnum: Natural Fail, takes 11 HP.
Hjalmar: Fails Reflex Check, takes 6 HP
Wyatt: Makes Reflex Check + Evasion + Resist Cold Spell = NO DAMAGE

Magnum (Initiative 10): The Alaghor, boosted by his spells but now badly frosted by the dragon, growls at the breath weapon and thinks to himself, “I’m not impressed”. The warmth of the anvil’s energies are already seeping back into him as he looks up at the dragon. He looks up at the dragon and snarls at it, “C’mon dragon, bring yer worst’n face da fire o’justice at last!”

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): With the dragon hovering over him in the massive ruins of the old temple, Hjalmar shakes off the icy blast and swings him hammer far behind him, positions his feet and grumbles “Time to Die!” at the dragon. He calls upon the Forge Father’s power to smite the dragon. He steps out from behind the anvil, so the dragon can get a good look at him, and hurls his warhammer at the dragon.

The hammer streaks upwards, trailing golden flame, and connects with the dragon’s belly in a flash of divine, blinding light. The dragon’s roar turns into a howl as it is gut punched with the heavy hammer. Scales fall from its hide, as well as some blood from the surprising wound. While Hjalmar recognizes some sort of ward against arrows or somesuch on it, the spell did it no good this time.

The paladin’s practiced eye(s) note there are no burns on the dragon from the flames. Ward of some sort? It would make sense, really…

Hjalmar deals 42 HP to the dragon.

Gryndel
2012-05-20, 10:10 AM
Magnum

The dwarf growled at the frosty breath,expecting it but still shivered. Shaking off the chill he bellowed out his battle banter, "Oh ho, so ye won't bring yer pretty face to me axe, eh? Well, more'n one way ta slay a dragon!"

The Alaghor summoned a divine axe, the favored weapon of his mighty deity, to bring the fight to the foe.

Cast Spiritual Weapon (shielded casting if needed):
BaB +8/+3 (+5 wis mod), not sure if any other modifiers apply so...
Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]

HP 87/90 (8 temp and 3 damage)
AC 29
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Flame of Faith
Spiritual Weapon

King Tius
2012-05-21, 08:08 PM
Current Map (just after mshady's post)

If you guys could start using the grid coordinates, it'll make my life easier (that includes you Mike!)

The Map

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6154/temple2p.png

King Tius
2012-05-21, 08:14 PM
Hjalmar steps up to the Dragon (L16) and gives the dragon a full attack. Just what the doctor ordered!

Hammer Attack 1:
Crit Confirm 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll]2d6 fire
Crit Damage 1:

Hammer Attack 2: [roll4]
Crit Confirm 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6] + [roll]2d6 fire
Crit Damage 2: [roll7]

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 88/92
DR 2/- AC: 36 (+2 Recitation (luck), +4 Smite)

OOC: Mike, are you accounting for Hjalmar's DR or should I do that after you post damage?

mshady
2012-05-21, 10:05 PM
I did forget his DR, so please adjust your HP accordingly.

One thing to note, the dragon at least starts the turn in flight. It is hovering above your position.

Strangie
2012-05-22, 02:37 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt sighs a bit at the hovering dragon. "Well, 'dat's no good. Anybody got any ideas for making 'dis thing come back down to the ground?"

Wyatt ponders for a moment, and grins a bit. He's been in this situation before. An airborne opponent whom he wishes to disable... It might not hold this particular opponent for long, but hopefully it will buy the dwarves precious time to beat the crap out of it.

He begins pacing across the side of the room behind the dwarves, and then behind the anvil, and reaches in his vest, pulling out a tanglefoot bag, spinning it on his finger for a moment before chucking it at the dragon.

OOC: For those who move after me (which is everybody :smallbiggrin:) you may wish to see the result of this attack before deciding on an action as it may impact if the dragon ends up on the ground, as if he fails his save he will be unable to fly.

Move to P13, going behind the dwarves and around the anvil to take full use of movement speed, drawing a tanglefoot bag on the way, and lob it at the dragon.

Touch Attack: [roll0] (range penalty included)
Tanglefoot Duration: [roll1]

AC: 38 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Expeditious Dodge 2 + Luck (from Recitation) 2 + Sacred 2 (from rings)
Saves: Fort +13, Reflex +20, Will +15 (including Recitation and Mass Conviction spells and ring bonus)

mshady
2012-05-31, 07:28 AM
Current Map (just after mshady's post)

If you guys could start using the grid coordinates, it'll make my life easier (that includes you Mike!)

The Map

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6154/temple2p.png

Will do! Grid coordinates it is :)

Chepe Nolon
2012-06-01, 10:52 AM
Nega
Nega shouts again and attacks the dragon.
In da name of Berronar I smite ye.
Nega smites on primary attack and hit normally on second attack.

Gryndel
2012-06-01, 11:04 AM
5' step to L14 :smallamused:

mshady
2012-06-04, 01:55 PM
The Temple Group:

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Wyatt takes the tanglefoot bag from his satchel and looks at the hovering dragon. It’s wings beat and the halfling can only grimace, but he moves into position and hurts it right at the dragon. The bag arcs and hits the dragon easily, but the beast twists enough so that instead of hitting a wing joint and sending it to the ground, the sticky paste only hits its scales to no effect.

The White Dragon makes a reflex save of 29 v. DC15 to glue its wing and send it to the ground. The dragon makes it. Dragons have high reflex saves, after all.

Wyatt has moved to P13.

Nega (Initiative 13): Nega calls out another challenge to the dragon, hoping to draw the thing to the ground so she can give it a proper and deadly beating.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): The dragon roars as it hovers above the group, and ice crystals fly from its mouth. It seems to pause a moment, considering its actions for a moment and ignoring Nega this time. Staying in the air, it shifts within reach of Hjalmar and snaps at him. The dragons teeth clamp down on him, and it gives the old paladin a good shake. His armor is bent and arm bloodied from the sudden attack.
Hjalmar is hit for 11 HP, after DR.

As a cloud of snow and debris is being whipped up by the dragon’s beating wings, the creature moves backwards 5 feet to J & I14 (hey, its big!)

Magnum (Initiative 9): Magnum moves to a better position. The dwarf growled at the frosty breath, expecting it but still shivered. Shaking off the chill he bellowed out his battle banter, "Oh ho, so ye won't bring yer pretty face to me axe, eh? Well, more'n one way ta slay a dragon!"

Getting the idea that the dragon would not be giving up its greatest advantage until it had, he summons a Spiritual Weapon spell. The dragon senses a quick opening and lunges for Magnum, but its massive head only bangs against his shield as it hovers above them. A double headed axe crackles into existence next to the dragon and immediately lunges for the beast. The axe blazes with a fierce, golden energy as it chops into the surprised dragon.

When the axe connects with the dragon, it explodes upon contact and an explosion of energy so bright it forces Magnum to look away for a moment. When he looks again, the divinely created axe, the weapon of Clangeddin, has disappeared. Motes of golden particles drift to the ground around it.

“Weak magic!” the dragon growls at Magnum, and who knew a dragon could smile?

The axe connected with its first attack, but could not beat the dragon’s spell resistance and was dispelled gloriously. Magnum has moved up to L14, however.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): Unlike the rest of them, Hjalmar’s not bothered by the dragon being out of arm’s reach much at all. It’s bite hurt, and hurt like hell actually, but he had been hurt far worse on their present expedition to be bothered by a little nip like that!

He throws the hammer at the shimmering dragon, and watches the hammer drive straight for the beast’s torso once again. While it looks like the blow should connect, the hammer is caught just short of its mark and tossed aside by whatever odd ward the dragon seemed to have. The hammer goes tumbling through the air and Hjalmar has to will it back to him. As the hammer returns to his hand, he curses all things Auril as the warmth of the blood seeps through his chilled armor.

The hammer would have hit, but the dragon has a spell allowing it a miss chance against ranged weapons.

Gryndel
2012-06-04, 05:12 PM
Magnum

Growling dangerously with some frustration when his Spiritual Axe was defeated so easily, he watched closely as Hjalmar hammer was also astoundingly avoided. The Alaghor was certain that the dragon feared facing them in direct melee, for good reason, and it appeared it had been well prepared for this battle; a little too well for a creature with a notorious reputation for not being the smartest of its kind.

There was little more he could do directly if it remained out of range, short of switching to his crossbow, but he was convinced that would eventually come to happen. So he cast another spell to make his blows more effective against larger foes. Then a booming voice broke out as he bellowed out a stanza of Ehontar belittling foes with bodies far too large for their miniscule brain.

Cast Fell the Greatest Foe
(unless it comes in melee range)... then full attack

Either way: Ehontar Perform (DC 10) [roll0]
30' Radius:
Dwarven Allies: +1 Attack/Damage/Save (under affect of Remove Fear spell)
Enemies: -1 Same (1 HD or less Cause Fear as spell, Will save DC 15)

HP 87/90
AC 29
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Flame of Faith
Fell the Greatest Foe

Strangie
2012-06-07, 09:44 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt frowns. That didn't work nearly as well as he had hoped. He was running out of options. Something else dawned on him, though. At this rate, the fight was going to go very slowly. Until the dragon came down to fight, the majority of combat was going to be the dragon poking at the dwarves cautiously while the dwarves' magic bounced off harmlessly.

Wyatt changed his gameplan, pulling out his shortbow as he strafed behind the anvil, taking a shot at the dragon. "You ain't got much goin' for you, dragon. You gonna show us how grand and mighty you are or what." He looked toward the dwarves briefly, particularly Magnum, although he says it in Dwarven to try and make it so the dragon cannot identify what he is saying. "If you've got somethin' to beat 'dese stupid wards 'dis floating cloud with scales has, you better be putting it to use right-quick."

Move in a round about way to P18 to maximize skirmish benefits (diagonally toward the bottom and then back up again), drawing his shortbow on the way and firing at the dragon.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] skirmish (both of these should be added up to determine the amount of damage that is actually dealt against DR)

AC: 38 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Expeditious Dodge 2 + Luck (from Recitation) 2 + Sacred 2 (from rings)
Saves: Fort +13, Reflex +20, Will +15 (including Recitation and Mass Conviction spells and ring bonus)

mshady
2012-06-10, 07:52 AM
The Temple Group:

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Discouraged by the apparent lack of effect from the tanglefoot bag on the dragon, he reaches for his shortbow and sees if he can put a shaft into the dragon’s hide. Whatever that odd swirling of magic was around the dragon, he did not know but it must be some kind of ward. It couldn’t be THAT strong though, could it? He draws his bow and shoots at the dragon, sending an arrow streaking towards its torso while trying to taunt the beast as well, while he is on the move. He watches the shot stick into its hide and have no effect however and curses before turning to Magnum.

“"Magnum! If you've got somethin' to beat 'dese stupid wards 'dis floating cloud with scales has, you better be putting it to use right-quick."

Wyatt’s shot fails to beat the dragon’s AC and does no damage to it. He is now in P18.

Nega (Initiative 13): Nega stands her ground by the Anvil, prepared to smite the dragon if it came into range.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Annoyed by the stinging adhesive that Wyatt had thrown at it, the dragon snaps at it with its teeth out of irritation as it hovers near the Great Anvil. The dragon’s forepaws move in an unfamiliar pattern and the dragon snarls some words than roars at them. Instead of just the deafening sound, however, the dragon blasts the group with a powerful blast of wind. Far more powerful than one would expect, even from a dragon’s lung capacity.

Wyatt with a combined roll of 13 Fort Save v. DC14– Fails and Prone
Hjalmar rolls a Natural 1 – Fail and unable to move forward
Nega passes with a 28 v. DC14
Magnum passes with a roll of 24 v. DC14

The group is battered by the wind. Wyatt is knocked to the ground and Hjalmar is hampered by the gust of wind from the dragon. The others seem to manage.

The gust also produces a secondary effect, sending a cloud of snow and ice crystals flying at the group. The dragon may as well have thrown sand in their eyes.

You all now have a 50% miss chance next round, and vision is limited to 20 feet.

With the suddenly rapid, powerful beat of its wings, the dragon shoots straight upwards and disappears into the cloud of snow and ice it just kicked up. You all hear a thud above your heads, however, and the beating of the wings seem to stop.

If there was any mystery as to where it was, the terrifying roar of the dragon lets you know it is above you now. Somewhere.

Magnum (Initiative 10): Cursing the dragon for not coming directly to grips with them, Magnum casts a spell to prepare for the dragon’s hopeful return to the ground. It had saw how ineffective its breath weapon was against them, and there were only so many tricks it could have before it had to fight them on the ground or run. Right?

Magnum casts “Fell the Greatest Foe” and prepares.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): Also cursing the dragon and battered by the wind buffeting him and his massive shield, Hjalmar looks to throw his hammer at something and finds there is nothing to throw it at. Growling about the beast’s escape, he waits for it.

“Bet yer arses it can see us, spread out a little!”

DM Note: A new map pending today or tomorrow for the group on Excel.

Strangie
2012-06-10, 08:14 AM
OOC
How did I manage to fail a save against DC 14 when I have a bonus of +13 from all the spells and whatnot? Did I roll a 1?

Wyatt

"Oof!" Wyatt topples over and rolls onto his back from the blast. He handsprings off the floor, dusting himself off, and retreats, unable to see the dragon now from where he is. "Y'know, I thought fightin' a dragon might've been a little more interestin'. 'dis thing is just stalling and toying with us. What for?"

He shouts up at the dragon, where ever it is. "Hey! It's startin' to bore me how much you suck. Are you going to fight, or not?"

Move details and Stats

Tumble Check (Attempt to Free Stand, no penalty for failure, DC 35 per Tumble rules. Success means standing as a free action): [roll0]

Regardless of success or failure, move to P11.

If success, use Total Defense at the end of movement to up AC more by a +6 Dodge bonus (which stacks with other dodge bonuses per normal rules).

AC: 44 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Expeditious Dodge 2 + Luck (from Recitation) 2 + Sacred 2 (from rings) + Dodge 6 (from Total Defense)

mshady
2012-06-10, 12:50 PM
It is a Fort Save.

Gryndel
2012-06-13, 02:45 PM
Magnum
Frustrated growls and dwarven curses issued from deep in the throat of the Alaghor as he struggled against the wintry blast of foul wing and ice. A word blasted out from his Ehontar, bellowed in Common in a deep tone, attempting to force the dragon within melee range.

"Approach!"

Battle bsCast Command if he thinks it might be in range (45')
Spell Penetration [roll0]
Will DC 15

Continue Ehontar DC 10 [roll1]

HP 87/90
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Mass Resist Energy (cold) (80 minutes)
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies within 60' on AC Saves and Attack) (rd 6 of 8)
Mass Conviction (+3 moral bonus on saves) (80 minutes)
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc) (rd 4 of 8)
Flame of Faith (rd 3 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 2 of 8)

mshady
2012-06-18, 02:52 AM
Nega or Hjalmar, posting for this round folks?

Chepe Nolon
2012-06-18, 06:20 AM
NEGA

Nega prepares and if the dragon comes down and she can reach it she will charge it and smite it with all her might. (If she sees the dragon that is)

Smite: Roll(1d20)+23:
16+23=39

Damage:Roll(1d8)+15: 3+15=18+2d6=Roll(1d6):4+Roll(1d6)4=26 damage.
Smite passes dr/evil

(This includes Bless and Prayer pluss chargeing. I don't know what else she is affected by. Please tell me if she is missing something.)

mshady
2012-06-19, 06:02 PM
The Temple Group Turn 3

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Wyatt tumbles backwards, turning the gust of wind into an opportunity an acrobatic display. He moves to P11 now, and shouts up at the dragon, trying to provoke it to come down as he thought it was stalling.

"Hey! It's startin' to bore me how much you suck. Are you going to fight, or not?" he yells at the dragon. He is not sure exactly where it is, but it is above him, of that he knows.

Nega (Initiative 13): With the dragon completely out of her reach, the defiant paladin can only wait till the dragon came back down for them. Without it on the ground, there was little she could do but steady herself against any onslaught.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Above the anvil, they can hear sound of claws tearing at stone. A cloud of mortar starts to fall from above them, and they try to figure out what the dragon is up to. Suddenly, there was a groan and suddenly an avalanche of stone blocks begins to fall from above. Heavy stones pound into the floor, as a whole section of the roof of the temple falls down in a sheet. Some of the stones hit and roll; others fracture into dangerous splinters or bang off of the anvil itself with thundering bangs. It is all Hjalmar, Magnum and Nega can do to put up their shields and hope they don’t take a square hit and break their arm from a heavy stone…

Nega fails her reflex check – Rolled 19 v. DC20.
Nega takes a 25 HP hit from the falling stones.

Magnum fails his reflex check, and rolls an 8 v. DC20
Magnum takes a 19 HP hit from the falling stones.

Hjalmar passes his reflex check, and rolls a 23 v. DC20
Hjalmar takes a 15 HP strike from the falling stones

Wyatt passes his reflex check, and rolls a 35 v. DC20
With Evasion, he takes no damage.

Magnum (Initiative 10): When the rain of stones end, Magnum uncovers his throbbing arm and looks around at the rubble. The much of the area is now covered in debris, from stones to broken masonry and parts of old frescos, along with some supporting metal, which struck Magnum as fairly odd. Possibly adamantine? He put the thoughts of stonemasonry aside, Magnum continues his Ehontar song, bellowing it out as loud as always before he bellowing out one word of power in a deep, otherworldly baritone, as he attempted to force the dragon to come down into melee.

“Approach!” he Commanded the dragon. He feels the magic of the words reach out, feels the magic connect with the dragon….. but, nothing. The dragon either ignored or resisted the spell, and he cursed his poor execution of the spell, fumbling it just enough to nearly miscast it.

Magnum’s spell fails, as he rolled a 1 on his attempt. He does continue the Ehontar.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): While his arm throbbed from the avalanche of falling stone, for his shield has protected him but nothing protected his arm from the shock of the stones hitting his massive shield, Hjalmar remained resolved. Looking up, his eyes scan the air above for the dragon. Surely it meant to approach them on the wing again, but where was it.

If it was above him, he would be able to see it, of that he was sure. It was not in the temple right now, thought.

“Watch above! The scaly skinned coward be in the air again! Watch above ye!” Hjalmar roars his warning to the others.

DM NOTES: Everyone heals 1 HP, already reflected on your sheets.

The terrain is now considered “Difficult Terrain”. See below for rules.

Difficult Terrain

Difficult terrain hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain counts as 2 squares of movement. (Each diagonal move into a difficult terrain square counts as 3 squares.) You can’t run or charge across difficult terrain.
If you occupy squares with different kinds of terrain, you can move only as fast as the most difficult terrain you occupy will allow.

Flying and incorporeal creatures are not hampered by difficult terrain.

Advantage, dragon.

Strangie
2012-06-19, 06:56 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt quickly ducks and jives out of the way of falling debris. While the other dwarves, clumsy in their movement, can only try to shield themselves, Wyatt is perfectly alert, quickly cartwheeling away to a single safe spot amidst the chaos. When the dust clears, he is standing in a tight circle untouched by stone, although with rocks rolling about it doesn't stay clear for long. Now there were rocks everywhere, and this would hamper his movement.

"Whoo... well, 'dat was interestin'."

He dusts himself off, however, readying himself for the next opportunity.

He moved as far as he could with all the debris in the way, drawing a tanglefoot bag out again on the way and readying himself in the center of the room. He's dodged frosty breath and a falling ceiling - he was pretty confident he could avoid such physical hazards with impunity.

Going toe to toe with a dragon, though... while he had help, that isn't something he exactly looked forward to, but accepted the grim promise nonetheless.

"Come on, dragon!" he shouted up at it, where ever it might be. "Show me how great and mighty you are! Or just run away with your fat tail between your fat legs, you fat scaled fatty fat... ... fat fat."

He shrugged at any of the dwarves who gave him a look. He wasn't hired on for his scathing insults, at least. If it got the dragon to come on down, though, he'd look brilliant, he thought in his mind.

Move to P16, draw tanglefoot bag on the way, ready an action to throw it at the dragon if it comes into range (50'). If this happens, roll a ranged touch attack with a bonus of +16 at the dragon. If it hits, make a Reflex save or be unable to move for [roll0] rounds. A successful save allows it to move at half speed, but it is still entangled (-4 Dex, -2 attack rolls)

AC: 36 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Luck (from Recitation) 2 + Sacred 2 (from rings) (from Total Defense)

Gryndel
2012-06-20, 01:30 PM
Magnum
Grunting from the bruising caused by the debris crashing into him from above, the Alaghor paused his song long enough to chuckle at Wyatt. Since it was clear that the dragon wasn't going to brave the melee he craved, at least not yet, he converted a spell to cure some of his wounds. Continuing his Ehontar, he remained prepared for whatever occurred next.

OOC[insert dwarven expletives] shoulda prepared a dispel magic or three!

Did the save include +3 from Mass Conviction and +1 from Ehontar?

Convert Make Whole into Cure Moderate Wounds [roll0]

Continue Ehontar DC 10 [roll1]

HP 89/90
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies within 60' on AC Saves and Attack) (rd 7 of 8)
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc) (rd 5 of 8)
Flame of Faith (rd 4 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 3 of 8)

Since Magnum goes after the dragon, if its in melee range by his turn he'd do a full round attack instead of casting.

Chepe Nolon
2012-06-26, 08:43 AM
Nega will do what she wanted to do last time if she sees the dragon and can do it. ;)

King Tius
2012-06-26, 09:33 AM
Hjalmar takes a moment to focus himself, calling upon his inner healing magic to cure the wounds he's sustained from the dragon's antics. He tightens the grip on his hammer and waits for a clear shot on the scaly beast.

Lay on Hands: [roll0] HP restored

Hammer Throw: No range penalties (30 ft) or Rune Circle Bonuses added

Hammer Attack: [roll1]
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] fire EDIT: -18 to that, should be 25. +18 is only for first damage
Crit Damage: [roll5]

IF the dragon is in melee range when it is H's turn, Full Attack!

Hammer Attack 1: [roll6]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll7]
Damage 1: [roll8] + [roll9] fire
Crit Damage 1: [roll10]

Hammer Attack 2: [roll11]
Crit Confirm 2: [roll12]
Damage 2: [roll13] + [roll14] fire
Crit Damage 2: [roll15]

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 76/92

OOC: Mike, did you reveal what the bonuses from the circles were? Was I AWOL for that part?

mshady
2012-06-28, 02:20 AM
The Temple Group Turn 3

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Going toe to toe with a dragon, though... while he had help, that isn't something he exactly looked forward to, but accepted the grim promise nonetheless.

"Come on, dragon!" he shouted up at it, where ever it might be. "Show me how great and mighty you are! Or just run away with your fat tail between your fat legs, you fat scaled fatty fat... ... fat fat."

He shrugged at any of the dwarfs who gave him a look. He wasn't hired on for his scathing insults, at least. If it got the dragon to come on down, though, he'd look brilliant, he thought in his mind.

With another tanglefoot bag ready, Wyatt is looking for the dragon to show itself. He tries to find the dragon in the haze and dust, but also tries to keep himself mobile amongst the dust and debris. With the dragon still above though, and not willing to delay himself, Wyatt gnashed his teeth as he found himself without a target.

Nega (Initiative 13): She scans the area above her, looking for a glimpse of the dragon in the darkness. While her dark vision gave her an advantage, it was still difficult to see anything going on besides the outline of the dragon above. Still not on the ground, Nega had little else to do but wait and groan from soreness caused by the stone fall.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): From its perch in the remains of the roof, the dragon grips the remaining rock ledge and cranes its neck to look down at the dwarfs. It falls from above, wings spread wide and roaring as it falls. Just above the ground, the dragon beats its wings and comes to a hover above the ground and snaps its jaws at Hjalmar. The bite connects with the dwarf’s thick armor and shakes him hard, but does not draw blood or pierce the armor…

Magnum (Initiative 10): With the dragon frustratingly out of reach, Magnum snarls in aggravation. Clearly, the dragon did not want to get into a close melee until it picked off one of them on the wing. The stone fall could have easily done just that to lesser opponents, but dwarfs were made of sterner stuff. Unable to reach the dragon, unless he wanted to throw his axe at it, Magnum continues his Ehontar and uses a curative spell to heal his wounds from the punishing rain of stones the dragon had unleashed.

Magnum heals himself 18 hp.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): With the dragon once again hovering just out of distance, Hjalmar draws back his arm and pauses for a moment. He takes just enough time to use some of the curative magic he was granted to tend to his wounds. As the pain ebbs away, Hjalmar throws his hammer as hard as he can at the dragon, which is flying so close to him.

The hammer tumbles towards the dragon, and just before it would connect with a punishing blow, his hammer is once again tossed aside by the currents of magic swirling around the dragon.

Hjalmar rolled a 18 out of 100 for his miss chance here, so the hammer was tossed aside by the magic. True story, I swear!

Strangie
2012-06-28, 02:07 PM
Wyatt's Readied Action

Wyatt's readied action triggers when the dragon appears, placing his initiative between Nega and the dragon now. Out goes the tanglefoot!

Touch Attack: [roll0] - ranged penalties, if applicable
Tanglefoot Duration: [roll1]
Save or be immobilized and entangled. Successful save reduces speed to half and imposes entangled penalties (-4 Dex, -2 attack rolls)

Wyatt's Actual Turn

Wyatt wastes no time grabbing another bag and throwing it at the dragon on the move. He had to bring this thing down. But now he was all out of tanglefoot resources...

He was hoping the sheer mass of goop would bring the dragon to the ground somehow. It was a desperate plan, but it was the best he could do.

Move to P11, draw tanglefoot bag weapon on the way, throw at the end of movement.

Touch Attack: [roll2] - applicable ranged penalties... not like it matters because it is a FREAKING DRAGON
Tanglefoot Duration: [roll3]
Save or be immobilized and entangled. Successful save reduces speed to half and imposes entangled penalties (-4 Dex, -2 attack rolls)

AC: 36 (Base 10 + Size 1 + Dex 6 + Armor 6 + Shield 3 + Natural 1 + Deflection 1 + Skirmish 4 + Luck (from Recitation) 2 + Sacred 2 (from rings) (from Total Defense)

Gryndel
2012-06-28, 03:22 PM
Magnum

With the dragon getting closer but still airborne, the Alaghor reached his limit of patience. Dropping his axe (free) he pulled out a scroll (move) and read it (std), enacting a barrier of blades that stretched up above the anvil and through the space where his darkvision revealed the foe.

If it comes into melee range before his turn, Magnum will attack with axe, otherwise...

Spell Penetration (unsure of CL but min is 11, dmg =1d6/CL [max 15]) [roll0]
Reflex = avoid (heavy sigh)

HP 89/90
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Recitation (+2 luck bonus to allies within 60' on AC Saves and Attack) (rd 8 of 8)
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc) (rd 6 of 8)
Flame of Faith (rd 5 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 4 of 8)
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)

King Tius
2012-07-08, 02:02 PM
Hjalmar lets out a roar of triumph as his armor repels the dragon's maw. He cures himself once again and attacks. If the hovering dragon is in melee range, see attack A. Otherwise, attack B!

Lay on Hands: HP restored

A. Melee Full Attack

Hammer Attack 1: [roll1]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3] + [roll4] fire
Crit Damage 1: (1d8+18

Hammer Attack 2: [roll5]
Crit Confirm 2: [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7] + [roll8] fire
Crit Damage 2: [roll9]

B. Ranged Hammer Throw

Hammer Attack: [roll10]
Crit Confirm: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12] + [roll13] fire
Crit Damage: [roll14]

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 86/92

mshady
2012-07-12, 01:30 AM
The Temple Group Turn 4

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Wyatt's Readied Action

Wyatt's readied action triggers when the dragon appears, placing his initiative between Nega and the dragon now. Out goes the tanglefoot!

The second Tanglefoot bag splats against the dragon, but it turns enough to stop the glue from fouling its wings.

Rolled a 4, dragon made the save.

Wyatt's Actual Turn

Wyatt wastes no time grabbing another bag and throwing it at the dragon on the move. He had to bring this thing down. But now he was all out of tanglefoot resources...

He was hoping the sheer mass of goop would bring the dragon to the ground somehow. It was a desperate plan, but it was the best he could do.

This time, the bag does hit the tanglefoot and it sticks to the dragon’s wing. With one wing virtually locked, the goo splattered dragon roars and drops to the ground with a grunt. It snakes its head and looks at Wyatt. The kind of look that said that he was the next one the dragon was going to kill…

Nega (Initiative 13): With the dragon down now, Nega moves from around the Great Anvil and gets a look at the dragon in the gloom. Raising her mace high, she cries out Berronar’s name and sets her already glowing mace alight with holy power.

In da name of Berronar I smite ye!

Nega bulls forward, keeping her shield facing the dragon’s mouth, and charges directly at it. She swings and connects with the dragon’s shoulder, with a terrible crunch and blaze of golden, nearly white light as scales fly and the dragon howls from the strike. Thanks to the tanglefoot bags, the dragon has difficulty swinging its neck fast enough to get a wounding hit on the rushing Nega.

Nega strikes the dragon for 23 HP.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Wounded now, and encumbered by three bags of tanglefoot, it realizes it is not at its best to continue the fight. The dragon falls back now, away from the Anvil and its rings, and into the treasure room. Inside the room, three great piles of gems and gold await as the beast withdraws to its horde.

The dragon has withdrawn 60 feet, hampered by the shattered stones and masonry that it created by collapsing the roof on you earlier. This would place it outside of the effect of the rings.

Magnum (Initiative 10): Snarling at the dragon’s withdrawal, Magnum moves 10 feet towards the dragon from his current position and clutches the scroll. His throaty and ribald Ehontar songs continues to boom throughout the temple, the first dwarven voice to sing here in an Age, no doubt.

With a snap of the wrist, the scroll unfurls and Magnum holds it out enough to read, although he knew the words quite well. The seeing of the words was important for the activation. Just behind the dragon, an immobile, vertical curtain of whirling blades shaped of pure force springs into existence from the ground in a spray of masonry stone. The scything blades rise and fall with a metallic swish, their sharp blades under the dragon. The blades thrust upward, lancing the dragon and slashing scales. The dragon's tail is slashed badly by the blades as well, it avoids the worst of it by beating its wings and moving forward, away from the terrible blades.

The placement of the blades blocks the dragon from entering the treasure chamber now, where it had been trying to retreat. As the dragon snaps its long neck around to look at the blades, the vicious looking barrier makes even the dragon flinch away from it.

The dragon made its reflex save and Magnum beat its spell resistance with the spell. The white dragon takes 23 damage.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): With the dragon withdrawing now, as it tries to buy time to unglue itself, Hjalmar tries to chase it with a toss from his hammer. The hammer spins end over end, but Hjalmar aim is true enough to strike the dragon but only at a glancing angle that sends the hammer flying away. He curses and calls the hammer back to his hand, than advances 10 feet in the rubble towards the dragon.

Hjalmar’s attack is a clean miss.

Strangie
2012-07-12, 05:30 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt grits his teeth and sneers back at the dragon when it looks at him, banging his mace against his buckler threateningly. He narrows his eyes when it attempts to escape toward its horde. "Oh no, oh HELL no, I ain't done with you yet, chubby."

He moves as quickly as he can toward the dragon, but without putting himself in harm's way if possible. He attempts to try and get out of the rubble piles to regain his mobility. Thinking ahead, he switches languages to communicate with the dwarves more discreetly, speaking in Dwarven."Get in its face, guys! Don't squander 'dis chance! He's got something protecting him from ranged stuff - just beat the crap out of it!" he shouts to his allies in their native language.

(Yes, he still has an accent even when speaking Dwarven. Don't ask!)

He then shouts at the dragon in Common, "Quit runnin' with your tail between your legs!"

Actions
Move as close to the dragon as possible (40 feet of movement in difficult terrain total) with a double move, with the following exception: If a direct straight double move would put Wyatt in melee reach (or melee reach if the dragon 5 foot steps) of the dragon, instead move at an angle and end movement 20 feet (4 squares) away from the dragon.

When Mike posts the map up, I'll find a spot on it to move to and edit this post accordingly.

mshady
2012-07-12, 09:31 PM
Long Awaited Temple Map

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/templet4.jpg/

Map

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1433/templet4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/templet4.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Strangie
2012-07-12, 10:02 PM
I think I'm gonna have Wyatt relocate to O17, to stay out of harm's way, unless you can answer a question for me.

What's the impact of the tanglefoot bags on the dragon's speed? Normally, it's half, but he's got like... three of the damn things. Is it slowed from that at all? If it is, I believe the speed reduction stacks with difficult terrain.

Not sure if that would change anything or not.

Here is what it says on the SRD.

Double Movement Cost

When your movement is hampered in some way, your movement usually costs double. For example, each square of movement through difficult terrain counts as 2 squares, and each diagonal move through such terrain counts as 3 squares (just as two diagonal moves normally do).

If movement cost is doubled twice, then each square counts as 4 squares (or as 6 squares if moving diagonally). If movement cost is doubled three times, then each square counts as 8 squares (12 if diagonal) and so on. This is an exception to the general rule that two doublings are equivalent to a tripling.

I'm not sure what the dragon's land speed is, though, so... yeah.

mshady
2012-07-20, 03:00 AM
A dragon's ground movement is 60 feet. I would say the tanglefoot bags slowed it o 30 feet, but I'm not going to stack 3 bags to 7.5 feet of movement. It is a dragon and it could just as easily have flown to its current position. So it would still get there, in the air instead. I'm going to leave the turn alone, but you are right of course, but lets just assume it flew instead of ran backwards.

Yes, you guys got a dragon to run. Good job :)

Strangie
2012-07-20, 05:07 PM
Wyatt (updated reaction to Magnum's blade barrier)

Wyatt pumps his fist into the air at seeing the dragon cut off by Magnum's blade barrier. "Awright, Mag! 'Dat's the way you do it!"

Wyatt ends his movement just outside of the dragon's full attack range, pointing his mace at it. "One of us ain't walkin' away from 'dis..." He parts his feet, holding his buckler forward and his mace behind him, twirling it around his wrist before gripping it tightly in a battle-ready pose.

"Ready to find out who it is?"

Wyatt stands at O17 now, remember, since I was able to see the map I wanted his ending space changed.

Gryndel
2012-07-21, 11:05 AM
Magnum
The Alaghor nodded to Wyatt, proud to see the dragon's reaction to the Blade Barrier. He growled out a few stanzas as he watched the battle proceed, trying to goad the dragon into approaching.

Fightin wid dragons o'fire or ice,
Facing der ire aint always nice,
Threats dey display stack up thrice.

Flight, spells or breath, a danger to all,
Dey offer cruel death, most heroes to fall.

Today we face one,
Its courage undone,
Now join in da fun,
Fer dis day is won!

Note that Recitation is expired

If its possible to move into melee range after the dragon's turn, Mag will attack with axe.

If not, he will fire his crossbow...

Attack (Axe +14 OR Crossbow +10)[roll0]
Damage
Axe [roll1] +Fell Greatest Foe (1d6 per size difference) +Flame of Faith (1d6)
Crossbow [roll2]

HP 89/90
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc) (rd 7 of 8)
Flame of Faith (rd 6 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 5 of 8)
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)

King Tius
2012-07-23, 10:50 PM
Hjalmar continues his pursuit of the dragon, moving as far as he can through the rubble before tossing his hammer again.

"Get BACK here! I'm not finished with ye yet."

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 86/92

mshady
2012-07-23, 11:54 PM
The Temple Group Turn 5

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Wyatt pumps his fist into the air at seeing the dragon cut off by Magnum's blade barrier. "Awright, Mag! 'Dat's the way you do it!"

Wyatt ends his movement just outside of the dragon's full attack range, pointing his mace at it. "One of us ain't walkin' away from 'dis..." He parts his feet, holding his buckler forward and his mace behind him, twirling it around his wrist before gripping it tightly in a battle-ready pose.

"Ready to find out who it is?"

Wyatt stands at O17 now.

Nega (Initiative 13): Seeing that the dragon had cleared out, only to run into a Blade Barrier, Nega laughed at herself and remembered how the Patriarch used to do that. She rushes forward as fast as she can in the rubble, cursing the dragon for bringing down the roof as he did. As she moves, she steps out of the protective rings of the Great Anvil, as she closes with the dragon.

Nega runs forward to M18.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Covered in the goo from the tanglefoot bags that had restricted its flying, the dragon strains and flexes its wing to their full span. The tanglefoot glue that held the left wing and fouled the stretches, before the glue strands snap with a wet *twack*and the dragon roars once again. Coils of cold vapor billow from its nose, as the dragon rises into a hover, its wings beating and driving dust and ice around it in a building cloud.

The dragon has freed itself from the tanglefoot bags, and has rose to a hover, out of range of those dwarves with their nasty axes once again.
Magnum (Initiative 10): The Alaghor nodded to Wyatt, proud to see the dragon's reaction to the Blade Barrier. He growled out a few stanzas as he watched the battle proceed, trying to goad the dragon into approaching.

“Fightin wid dragons o'fire or ice,
Facing der ire aint always nice,
Threats dey display stack up thrice.

Flight, spells or breath, a danger to all,
Dey offer cruel death, most heroes to fall.

Today we face one,
Its courage undone,
Now join in da fun,
Fer dis day is won!”

With the dragon freeing itself from Wyatt’s tanglefoot bags, instead of charging, it took wing once again. Much to Magnum’s growing frustration.

He reached for his crossbow, and took a shot at the dragon, but watched as the quarrel went wide and was turned to scrap metal by the scything blades behind the dragon.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): Hjalmar continues his pursuit of the dragon, moving as far as he can through the rubble before tossing his hammer again.

Once again, Hjalmar sends his hammer flying towards the dragon, the blunt top of the hammer leading the way. The hammer connects with the dragon’s head with a tremendous crack, send its heading jerking upwards and at least a couple fragments of teeth flying. Smiling under his helm, Hjalmar opens his palm and recalls the hammer, and it returns to his grip a moment later. He gives it a demonstrative spin and squares his feet for the next throw. Looks like its wards did it no good this time...

If the dragon wanted to keep its distance, Hjalmar was willing to keep hammering the beast.

Hjalmar hits the dragon for 19 hp.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/templet5.jpg/

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2034/templet5.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2034/templet5.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/templet5.jpg/)

Strangie
2012-07-24, 12:50 AM
OOC Note: If the tanglefoot duration is still in effect, the dragon is still entangled and moving at half speed, just as an FYI.

Wyatt

He winces at Hjalmar's powerful hammer throw. "Oohoo, he got alla 'dat one, nice throw!"

The victory was short-lived, as the dragon freed itself from its gooey prison and took flight again. Wyatt slumped a little at the dragon escaping from his tanglefoot bags, shaking his head. "Godsdamnit." He looks back at his comrades briefly. "Well, I tried."

Realizing that isolating himself to the dragon's mighty melee prowess while being unable to reach it himself in melee is not the best idea right now, Wyatt drew his shortbow and strafed across the field, firing an arrow at the dragon as he reached the end of his movement. It wasn't his preferred choice of fighting this thing, but he had no other options.

Maybe he'll get lucky and put out one of its eyes, he thought to himself.

Actions

Move to N12, drawing the shortbow on the way. Fire at end of movement.

Damage: [roll1]
Skirmish: [roll2] (Skirmish and regular damage are added together to determine total damage in regards to DR)

Crit Threat, if applicable: [roll3]
Lousy Crit Damage: [roll4]

HP: 59
AC: 32
Saves: Fort +9, Reflex +16, Will +11

Gryndel
2012-07-29, 02:27 PM
Magnum
Repeating the verse of his Ehontar, he reloaded his repeating crossbow and fired again

...unless the dragon dared approach within melee range....

OOCIf its possible to move into melee range after the dragon's turn, Mag will attack with axe.

If not, he will fire his rapid reload repeating crossbow again...

Attack (Axe +14 OR Crossbow +10)[roll0]
Damage
Axe [roll1] +Fell Greatest Foe[roll2] (1d6 per size difference) +Flame of Faith [roll3]
Crossbow [roll4]

HP 89/90
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Divine Power (+8 BaB, Temp HP, etc) (rd 8 of 8)
Flame of Faith (rd 7 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 6 of 8)
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)

King Tius
2012-07-30, 08:06 PM
Hjalmar moves forward again (one move action, depending on the rubble and whatnot) before once again chucking his trusty hammer. When he lets it go he lets out an intelligible roar of anger, apparently quite angry that the dragon is running from battle.

Hjalmar continues his pursuit of the dragon, moving as far as he can through the rubble before tossing his hammer again.

Hammer Throw: No range penalties (30 ft) added

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 86/92

mshady
2012-07-31, 12:54 AM
The Temple Group

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Figuring that being the one nearest to an enraged dragon was a bad idea, Wyatt backpeddles through the debris and goes for his bow. He sends an arrow darting towards the dragon, and while he could hardly miss it, the arrow bounces off its hard, draconic scales.

Wyatt stands at N12 now.

Nega (Initiative 13): Rumbling and stumbling towards the dragon through the debris, she bangs painfully off of an old iron support and propels herself towards the hovering dragon. Its spells were making this much harder than it should have been.

“Get down here and fight, coward! Ye the most cowardly dragon I’ve ever fought!” Nega calls out to it, as she moves towards the dragon. Drawing up just short of the dragon, does something surprising.

Drawing back her arm, she cries out “Berronar, strike ye down!” and does something she had never done before.
She hurls the Mace of Berronar at the dragon hovering 10 feet away from her! The ungainly weapon tumbles end over end towards the dragon’s torso with a shockingly unerring arc and connects with the dragon hard.

For a brief moment, one can hear a loud thump and crack of bones, followed by a flash of golden light. It forms the center of a much brighter white, strobe light followed by a roar, as The Mace tears apart one of the dweomers protecting the dragon. It’s Shield of Faith protection collapses and the scintillating golden aura around the dragon disappears.

Its work done, the Mace falls to the ground with an unnaturally loud bang right below the dragon, leaving Nega defenseless for the moment.

Nega threw her Mace from O18 and hit on a roll of 38 with her Smite, dealing a punishing 38 damage to the dragon. She also dispelled the dragon’s Shield of Faith spell, lowering its AC by 4 points.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Seeing the group becoming divided up now, the dragon shakes off Nega’s throw and heads towards Wyatt. It’s wings beat rapidly and it roars as it bears down at him. It crashes down next to him and lunges at him with its bloody maw. It drives Wyatt to the ground, shaking him and sinking its teeth into him deeply. The dragon shakes his and roars as it does, hoping to finally cripple one of its tormentors.

The dragon grapples Wyatt with its bite attack, easily overwhelming the little halfling and inflicting 13 HP wounds. Wyatt is currently pinned by the dragon.

Magnum (Initiative 10): Watching the dragon crash by and drive Wyatt to the ground so suddenly and viciously, Magnum runs along the slightly elevated and largely clear ring of runs around the Anvil’s platform. He moves 40 feet before getting bogged down into the rubble, but pushes 10 feet closer anyways. Closing on the dragon, finally, he gets a good look at the thing and cannot waste for his axe to taste its flesh. Despite Nega’s bold attack, the dragon still had that damned coating of ice. He repeats the chorus of Ehontar, his voice rising as he closed with the dragon…

DM Note: I decided that Magnum would pass up the shot to be in charge range next round, assuming the dragon does not fly off…

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): With the dragon’s unexpected and bold move, Hjalmar can only hope that Magnum is able to close the gap fast enough to stop it from shredding poor Wyatt with its teeth and talons.

He moves up as close as he can before hurling his hammer at the dragon once again. It flies in a straight path towards the dragon, the blunted top hurtling at the dragon’s torso, in hopes of stunning the dragon for a moment. He never set his feet right or followed through with his throw quite correctly, and the hammer misses to the left. Cursing, he calls the hammer back to his hand and gets ready for another throw against it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/templet6.jpg/

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7913/templet6.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/templet6.jpg/)

Strangie
2012-07-31, 01:06 AM
Wyatt

Wyatt's legs flail comically outside of the dragon's mouth. Instinctively, he tries to escape from the maw, wriggling and doing everything he can to escape a terrible fate.

At least, he thought in his panicked state, if he survived this, it would make for a really good story.

Actions
Escape Artist to GET OUT OF THIS THING.
[roll0]

If he succeeds, proceed to get away as quickly as possible to the south, using Tumble as necessary to avoid an AoO. [roll1]

Move to N17 (I'm actually at N13, because i miscalculated my movement the last round) and take a -10 penalty on the Tumble if he somehow miraculously escapes to move at full speed.

If he doesn't, well, that's my turn, because apparently Escape Artist is a standard action. :smallannoyed:

AC: 28
HP: 46/59
Saves: Fort +9, Reflex +16, Will +11

King Tius
2012-08-02, 08:05 PM
Hjalmar sees the halfling get grabbed by the dragon and lets out another roar of anger. "Drop it!" he yells, not unlike one yells at a misbehaving dog. Rather than smacking it on the head with a newspaper, he let's his hammer do the talking.

Move to O15 and throw again

Hammer Throw: No range penalties (30 ft) added

Hjalmar Crownshield
HP 86/92

Chepe Nolon
2012-08-05, 06:30 PM
Nega moves to retreive her hammer and make ready for another throw. This new found power is now gonna get used. She mutters:" If ye only would return to me so I didn't 'Ave to run all over to get ye.
She will lay on hands while moving to heal injuries.

Chepe Nolon
2012-08-05, 06:31 PM
Nega moves to retreive her hammer and make ready for another throw. This new found power is now gonna get used. She mutters:" If ye only would return to me so I didn't 'Ave to run all over to get ye.
She will lay on hands while moving to heal injuries.

Gryndel
2012-08-07, 07:43 AM
Magnum
Growing frustrated that his Divine enhancements were expiring before they could be brought to bear in full, the Alaghor continued his Ehontar and moved into melee range as he pulled Arctis and activated the Bless Weapon function of his enchanted scabbard.

Axe Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] +Fell Greatest Foe [roll2] (1d6 per size difference, so if it bigger than large add appropriate dice) +Flame of Faith [roll3]

Concentration (if needed to maintain Ehontar) [roll4] (DC 10+ damage suffered)

HP 89/90
DR 1/-
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Flame of Faith (rd 8 of 8)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 7 of 8)
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)
Bless Weapon (1 min/CL)

mshady
2012-08-09, 01:30 AM
The Temple Group

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Pinned down by the dragon, Wyatt squirms and twists as the dragon holds him in its teeth and with a claw. Held down like this and his hot blood already staining the vengeful dragon’s maw, Wyatt is desperate to escape. His life could be over in mere seconds.

He tries to wriggle free, but all the dragon has to do is squeeze harder. Despite his best efforts, he feels hopeless about the ability to escape. What he does feel is a cold chill, as the dragon gathers its powers. Frost begins to form around his armor.

Oh hell no! Its going to freeze me right in its maw. I ain’t got time for that!

The dragon rolled a 45 on the opposed check.

Nega (Initiative 13): Taking a moment, Nega falls back to recover her primary weapon. It is 20 feet away, and in this rubble it will take half the time. While Wyatt remains in the dragon’s maw, Nega tries to recover her only weapon, knowing it is the only real weapon she carried. Normally, that is not a problem, as normally she does not throw around one of the greatest artifacts of her Faith either.

It had been one of those days, however.

Nega moves to s20 and recovers The Silver Mace of Berronar Truesilver.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): With Wyatt held in its mouth, the dragon decides this pain-in-its-arse halfling would make a wonderful meal. Well, at least an appetizer. One thing it did know, was that it liked its meals frozen.

It would prefer a cow or a rothe, but it had been one of those days.

Drawing its breath into its massive barrel chest, and lifts Wyatt up off the ground and swings its head towards the rushing Magnum. The dragon flattens itself on the ground and than breathes…

Wyatt feels an explosion of cold air turn his body nearly numb, and unlike last time, he cannot get out of the way of the blast in any way. That he feels that numbness is the only reason he knows he is still alive afterwards. Thank the furry dwarf Gods for THAT spell! Now he just had to hope the dragon wouldn't outright swallow him.

Wyatt takes 8 HP damage from the blast.

Even having a halfing in its maw, the blast of cold still rolls forward in a great, rapidly moving cloud and envelops Magnum as well. The blast totally surprises Magnum, and all he can do is take the freezing blast. It all just happened too quickly. 20 feet is as far as the blast goes though, for Wyatt took the brunt of it indeed. Not that it just did Magnum much good.

Magnum fails his reflex save with a roll of 7, and takes 2 damage from the dragon’s breath weapon. The cold resistance spell he wisely prepared just saved him a good frosting!

Seeing Magnum coming, the dragon decides to hold its ground this time…

Magnum (Initiative 10): Taking the icy blast right in the chin does not deter Magnum. He rumbles forward, axe in hand with brutal purpose now. The choking cold of the dragon’s breath had caused him to cough and gag as his lungs are stung by the cold air. While he stumbles over a word of his Ehonatar, he plows ahead as he attacks the dragon!

This time, instead of bolting away, the dragon waits for him, seemingly eager for the fight. Magnum was too, even thought he knew he was going to be one on one with the beast until Hjalmar and Nega got here…

His first blow with Arctis his a powerful chop against the dragon’s arm as he moves up, but the axe just cannot penetrate the dragon’s scales this time. Having entered its range now, the dragon lashes right back at Magnum with its claw but Magnum is ready for it and lets the claw thump hard against his shield.

For a moment, nothing happens next though. The dragon snakes its long neck around and looks not at Magnum, but at his axe and than he hears the dragon laugh. He supposed that was what the sound was. It sounded like massive kettle drums.

“Arctis!” it purrs. It’s greedy eyes follow the axe now. Magnum could swear it looked… hungry. Greedy even.

What the hell is it planning to do? Eat my axe?

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): With Magnum now in melee with the dragon and Wyatt in peril, perhaps not even alive now, Hjalmar readies another throw of his hammer. Moving out of the ring now, with the added difficulty of not hitting anyone but the dragon and without the benefit of Magnum’s Recitation blessing, Hjalmar decides to attempt his throw anyways as he moves closer to the dragon to attempt a charge. Leaving Magnum alone might not be a good idea against the massive beast.

Hjalmar moves up and throws his hammer.The weapons travels in a straight line, looking to punch the dragon once again but this time the reeling dragon moves out of the hammer’s way as it reacts to Magnum’s attack. Cursing, Hjalmar yanks his hand backwards and mentally recalls the hammer and brings it hurtling back to his hand.

[I]Hjalmar rolled a 31 originally, but now that the Recitation has expired, Ehontar lost and he is “shooting” into melee, his modified roll is a 24, which is a miss!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/templekf.jpg/

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8435/templekf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/templekf.jpg/)

Strangie
2012-08-09, 08:06 AM
OOC: Uh, I think we all still have Mass Resist Cold Energy. Was that accounted for in the damage from the breath weapon? If so, I think that reduces the cold damage by 20.

Wyatt

Still somehow alive after all this, Wyatt is still flailing about. "Hey!" he shouts out in a muffled voice, probably much to the relief of his comrades letting him know he is still alive. "In case y'all didn't see it! I got an overgrown lizard with a glandular problem tryin' to eat my ass here!" His legs spaz out from outside as he tries to wriggle himself free.

Even in the face of death, he was still willing to crack jokes at the dragon's expense. If he was going to go out, might as well be with a laugh.

Actions
Not much else to do but ESCAPE.

Escape Artist: Was a 22, because I rolled a GODDAMNED FOUR

If somehow I manage to do so, Tumble away to get as far away from the dragon as possible as my remaining move action. [roll0]

HP: 38/59 (or 18/59 if somehow it broke through our resist energy...

Edit: Had to repost my... everything because I bungled some things up in the original post. Not that it mattered because I rolled crap anyway!

mshady
2012-08-10, 01:31 AM
OOC: Who cast the Mass Resist again? I thought it was only 10? Certainly I owe Wyatt a few HP back regardless though!

Strangie
2012-08-10, 08:12 AM
OOC: It would have had to been Magnum, being the only person in the room capable of using it. It would have been 20 because his CL for it is higher than 7th. Were it 11th or higher, it would have been 30.

Technically, I also think this means Magnum's concentration to succeed against damage to maintain the Ehontar is also changed, although I've no idea how that class feature works precisely.

That -4 penalty for firing into melee kills us. I wanted to point this out, too, from the SRD.

"Shooting or Throwing into a Melee

If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a -4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other. (An unconscious or otherwise immobilized character is not considered engaged unless he is actually being attacked.)

If your target (or the part of your target you’re aiming at, if it’s a big target) is at least 10 feet away from the nearest friendly character, you can avoid the -4 penalty, even if the creature you’re aiming at is engaged in melee with a friendly character."

That square in the O column directly north of Hjalmar would work for that, no? I am just trying to get every bit I can back here - I don't want to die to this goddamned thing.

Gryndel
2012-08-10, 12:21 PM
Yes, as listed in my spoiler, it lasts for 80 minutes and it resists 20, so might need some editing for that last post...

King Tius
2012-08-10, 03:52 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
Hjalmar barrels forward, completely unphased by and attack the dragon could make as he approached. He gets right up next to the beast and swings his hammer, ready to put the hurt on the big beast.

Hammer Attack (melee): [roll0]

Hjalmar Crownshield
Spells Active: Strength of Stone, Resist Cold
HP 86/92
DR 2/- AC: 34 (+4 Smite)

Strangie
2012-08-10, 05:19 PM
I should also mention that because the dragon is currently grappling Wyatt, he is not capable of making AoOs. So charge the hell out of that bitch and please don't let me die. :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2012-08-11, 09:42 AM
Magnum
As the frosty breath blasted past Wyatt to engulf the dwarf war priest, it seemed to extinguish the flame of faith licking the axe blade of Arctis. As the dragon looked hungrily at the icy weapon, Magnum's facial expression implied some doubt, though in truth he knew the spell had simply ended, albeit a bit untimely. Hoping the incident would serve as a useful distraction, or encourage overconfidence in the dragon now in his reach, the Alaghor roared out verses of his Ehontar through the hoary horro. Felt as much through the stone as heard bellowed over the din of battle, he attacked furiously as he sang.

Icy chin 'r frigid toes,
Wicked grin at freezin' foes,
Boast a win past frozen nose.

A wing, a claw, teeth'n tail,
I sing ta draw dragon's fail.

Fire'n ice battled hard,
Hammered thrice shattered shard,
Not so nice as a bard.

5' step up on map

Axe Attack [roll0] Bless Weapon = auto crit
Damage [roll1] +Fell Greatest Foe [roll2] (1d6 per size difference, so if it bigger than large add appropriate dice)

Critical Damage (if applies)[roll3]

Concentration (if needed to maintain Ehontar DC 10+ damage suffered) [roll4]

HP 87/90
DR 1/-
AC 29
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Mass Resist Energy (20 cold) (80 minutes)
Fell the Greatest Foe (rd 8 of 8)
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)
Bless Weapon (1 min/CL)

Gryndel
2012-08-11, 09:43 AM
Ooops, attack should be +12 not +1, so 25 total...

mshady
2012-08-14, 10:32 PM
I should also mention that because the dragon is currently grappling Wyatt, he is not capable of making AoOs. So charge the hell out of that bitch and please don't let me die. :smallbiggrin:

Dragons are a little different. They still have tails, claws and wings. The dragon is only giving up its bite attack here.

mshady
2012-08-15, 12:18 AM
The Temple Group

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Still pinned in the dragon’s jaws, he can feels the needles of its teeth both burning into his flesh and feeling like icy daggers at the same time. Only Wyatt hard, and magically reinforced, armor has stopped the dragon from biting through his protective armor and bleeding to death in its mouth. However horrifying taking that blast from the dragon was, his wards had saved him from what may have otherwise frozen him to death.

Still somehow alive after all this, Wyatt is still flailing about. "Hey!" he shouts out in a muffled voice, probably much to the relief of his comrades letting him know he is still alive. "In case y'all didn't see it! I got an overgrown lizard with a glandular problem tryin' to eat my ass here!" His legs spaz out from outside as he tries to wriggle himself free.

Even in the face of death, he was still willing to crack jokes at the dragon's expense. If he was going to go out, might as well be with a laugh.

Nega (Initiative 13): Having recovered her mace, Nega moves northwards as fast as she can. If the dragon was looking for a ground fight, finally, she would come at the damned lizard from the flank. She remembered hearing the Patriarch, repeatedly, tell his tales of squaring off with Andra Moyen to her. While Nega had been there too, with Faenor Bital no less, it had been Hignar who had led the charge against that great Black Wyrm. It had been perhaps the greatest gathering of adventurers in the history of Cormyr, at least the significant ones. Half had died in that attack.
The reason that mattered now was that the Patriarch had shared an observation around a campfire later.

“Too bad we didn’t try to flank that scaly bitch. So who wants another sausage?” she remembered him saying.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): Still holding the flailing halfling in its jaws, the dragon shakes its head hard as it tries to crunch on Wyatt again. The halfling screams as blood runs in gutters from his wounds.

Satisfied for the moment, the dragon wheels on Magnum and launches a furious attack. Suddenly, the dwarf is confronted by a flurry of blows. The dragon rears up on its haunches for a moment and swipes at Magnum. The first attack rocks the dwarf, but the second time the dragon’s talons rip into Magnum’s hip and send metal scales flying as the skirt on his armor is demolished. The agony of the blow itself is bad. It feels like someone had poured molten silver into the socket of his hip. It screamed with pain, and he is unsure about putting weight on it a moment.

The dragon doesn’t give him a choice, as it batters him with its wings. It is all Magnum can do to shield himself from the rapid, sweeping blows from the dragon. One of those get through too, though, as the blow connects with shield but drive’s Magnums own shield right back into his helmet and stuns him for a moment, as well as mashing his nose. His shield arm is on fire from the blow as well, and he can only hope that is not fractured.

The final blow comes from the whirling dragon’s tail, and that blow comes in low and fast. It sweeps just above the cobblestones, and as the dragon twists itself to make the attack, Magnum senses an opening and tries to cleave the thing with Arctis, his trust waraxe taken from the battles spoils of the cavern battle.

The dragon pays for its boldness, as Magnum lands a blow in the dragon’s belly. The axe sinks deep and the dragon snarls from the pain of it and slashes open its belly, exposing muscles and more before the viewed is washed away by sheets of blood and broken bone fragments.

Not that it stops the dragon’s tail. The tail connects with Magnum’s ankles and while a dwarf is naturally more stable, and otherwise superior, to other races, the dragon’s tail is nothing to be trifled with. Still though, he keeps his feet but is rocked by that blow as well!

Wyatt takes 14 damage from the dragon, as it continues to bite down on him. Chomp!

The dragon lands a critical hit with its claw, but rolls pitifully, but it is still a triple confirmation so…

9 HP from the claw, - 1 AC due to armor damage to his prized Earthfast Full Plate

4 HP from a wing strike

Magnum also takes 9 HP from the dragon’s tail

Magnum’s attack of opportunity against the dragon’s tail attack scored a 50 HP wound though, in reply, on a roll of 32. Confirmed critical.

Magnum (Initiative 10): Thankful for his earthsilk arming jacket for an uncounted time, Magnum is bloodied but the Alaghor is still able to maintain his Ehontar.

Icy chin 'r frigid toes,
Wicked grin at freezin' foes,
Boast a win past frozen nose.

A wing, a claw, teeth'n tail,
I sing ta draw dragon's fail.

Fire'n ice battled hard,
Hammered thrice shattered shard,
Not so nice as a bard.

As he hits the refrain of his song, Magnum chops at the dragon once more, hoping Arctis will draw blood twice. Once again, his planned attack is deflected by the hard scales on the dragon’s thigh bone. The axe skips off, taking a couple scales with it and chipping some of the odd ice coating the dragon’s scales.

Magnum’s attack comes up just short, despite Nega dispelling some of its wards.

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): Hjalmar barrels forward, completely unconcerned by any attack the dragon could make as he approached. He gets right up next to the beast and swings his hammer, ready to put the hurt on the big beast.

His hammer crunches into the dragon, and the beast screams out in pain from the blow. As deadly as a dragon was, it could be killed and both sides of this engagement knew it. From the sound of bone cracking from the blow, Hjalmar would have just shattered the dragon’s sternum or some ribs with the blow. Hopefully he had punctured a lung even.

Before he got too much of a respite from the dragon, a claw snaps out. The talons rake at Hjalmar’s helmet and face, nearly costing him his new eye, before the talon slashes into his arm instead. It wasn’t a terrible would, but I was sure going to hurt awhile.

Hjalmar takes a 7 HP AOO from the dragon, which rolled a 35.

In return, Hjalmar lands a punishing blow, doing 22 damage against the dragon, with the rest of the fiery hammer’s ability. However, the dragon’s ward will stop

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/templeth.jpg/

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4978/templeth.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/templeth.jpg/)

Strangie
2012-08-15, 12:24 AM
Well... on a very technical level, no, they're not.

From SRD:

Grappling

Dragons do not favor grapple attacks, though their crush attack (and Snatch feat, if they know it) use normal grapple rules.

I'm assuming this dragon is either using Snatch or something, or probably not. I don't know the specifics behind whether dragons get a crush attack. But I can see why it would be houseruled that way, despite it being extremely inconvenient for my current position.

Fair enough, then.

Strangie
2012-08-15, 12:29 AM
I got ninja'd, I guess.

Wyatt

Still somehow alive after all of this, Wyatt continues to try and escape his unfortunate fate, still flailing about outside of the dragon's mouth. "Anytime now! I'm dyin', here!"

Sigh.

More of the same. Escape Artist: [roll0]

If escape happens, use Tumble to move south and get away from the dragon. [roll1]

OOC: It's going to be a real shame if I don't get out of this. Certainly not going to do it with these crappy-ass rolls. How much damage have we dealt to this thing so far?

mshady
2012-08-15, 12:55 AM
Well... on a very technical level, no, they're not.

From SRD:

Grappling

Dragons do not favor grapple attacks, though their crush attack (and Snatch feat, if they know it) use normal grapple rules.

I'm assuming this dragon is either using Snatch or something, or probably not. I don't know the specifics behind whether dragons get a crush attack. But I can see why it would be houseruled that way, despite it being extremely inconvenient for my current position.

Fair enough, then.

Crush is based on size category. In theory, so is Snatch. However, as Wyatt is small, it makes him a little more palatable. Not that it is really using snatch either, it really is a grapple. It just happens to have a mouth and two claws, all of which could individually grapple you.

You have dealt a lot of damage to it, but it still has that stoneskin like effect going on for it. Its not stoneskin though, its ice, but similar enough.

Gryndel
2012-08-15, 01:52 AM
The Temple Group

9 HP from the claw, - 1 AC due to armor damage to his prized Earthfast Full Plate[/I]

4 HP from a wing strike

Magnum also takes 9 HP from the dragon’s tail

All this included the DR1?

Magnum’s attack of opportunity against the dragon’s trip attack scored a 16 HP wound though, in reply, on a roll of 34.

34? he only has +12 bonus total...

Also, any critical chance (20) automatically succeeds (x3) vs evil with the Bless Weapon spell.

mshady
2012-08-15, 02:32 AM
All this included the DR1?

34? he only has +12 bonus total...

Also, any critical chance (20) automatically succeeds (x3) vs evil with the Bless Weapon spell.

Yes, I took off 1 HP from each attack, so it saved you 3 HPs in damage. Totally worth it.

I was going to PM you on that in the morning actually, but sure. I noticed that just after I posted it, and would rather add damage than take it away and wanted to read up on the spell. Honestly, thought it was only an alignment bonus from the scabbard. Sure though, lets make that a critical!

It was a 20 though, so it is a critical for sure. I rolled it at a 12, at least :)

Gryndel
2012-08-16, 12:09 AM
Magnum
Impressed with the dragon's prowess, the war priest took great pleasure in the retaliation for the tail trick. Some luck lingered, leaving him afoot and still singing, though his previous planned attack once again failed to penetrate the draconic defenses.

More than a little concerned about the clever Wyatt, Magnum knew the paladins were closing in and lending serious support. So he pressed his attack, praying and braying out another impromptu battle verse related to the events at hand.

"What luck be had, I'll pray be good,
Won't be so bad, where dwarves once stood,
So don't be sad, spawn o'Ice brood,
Me axe is mad, I'm in good mood."

OOC5' step up on map

Axe Attack [roll0] Bless Weapon = auto crit
Damage [roll1]

Critical Damage (if applies)[roll2]

Concentration (if needed to maintain Ehontar DC 10+ damage suffered) [roll3]

HP 65/90
DR 1/-
AC 28
Initiative 10
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)
Bless Weapon (1 min/CL)

King Tius
2012-08-16, 09:30 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
Finally close enough to do some damage, Hjalmar gets to work beating the frozen snot out of the dragon.

Possibility A: Dragon still in melee range (or within a five foot step)

Full Attack! (Five foot step if needed)

Hammer Attack 1(melee): [roll0]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3] fire
Crit Damage 1: [roll4]

Hammer Attack 2(melee): [roll5]
Crit Confirm 2: [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7] + [roll8] fire
Crit Damage 2: [roll9]

Possibility B: Dragon is NOT within melee range (or within five foot step)

Standard Action: Hammer Throw
Move Action: Move towards dragon as far as possible

Hammer Attack (ranged): [roll10]
Crit Confirm: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12] + [roll13] fire
Crit Damage: [roll14]

Hjalmar Crownshield
Spells Active: Strength of Stone, Resist Cold
HP 81/92
DR 2/- AC: 34 (+4 Smite)

Gryndel
2012-08-18, 09:59 AM
OOC: So uhm, a single 50 HP wack didna cut off even the tip o'da tail?! oooooh McMac, nasty beastie! teehehe fun fight, rock on!

mshady
2012-08-25, 11:25 AM
The Temple Group - Last Round

Wyatt (Initiative 28): Still somehow alive after all of this, Wyatt continues to try and escape his unfortunate fate, still flailing about outside of the dragon's mouth. "Anytime now! I'm dyin', here!"

Wyatt struggles to escape from the dragon’s grip, but just can’t manage it. He was starting to panic. He could feel the dragon’s jaws tightening, ready to crunch down on him again.

This must be how a rat felt in a terrier’s mouth.

Nega (Initiative 13): Having recovered the Silver Mace of Berronar, the pushes ahead and charges in at the dragon flank.

“For Berronar!” she cries as she charges at the dragon, and while the praise may have got Berronar’s attention, it certainly got the dragon’s attention. If she had been hoping to sneak up on the dragon with a surprise flanking attack, she had given it away. Of course, Nega was never one to sneak up on anyone.

With a mouth full of Wyatt, the dragon lashes out with a claw and rakes Nega badly, cutting a swath through her chainmail.

The White Dragon hits Nega for 12 HP, with an unconfirmed critical hit.

Rocked by the blow, she carries through with her charge and hits the dragon’s upper thigh or hip with a blow powerful enough to cause the dragon to nearly lose its footing. She hears bone crunch and the mace flashes with an angry burst of golden energy, once again. White scales and shards of the dragon’s icy armor go flying from the blow!

Nega does 12 HP to the dragon, losing 10 HPs to the dragon’s icy armor.

The White Dragon (Initiative 10): The white dragon refuses to let go of Wyatt, and tries to finish off Wyatt with its bite. The halfling is lucky this is not a bigger dragon, but it was certainly big enough! He feels those deadly teeth again dig into his protective armor and stab into other unprotected and less vital places once again. The halfling screams in panic and tries to beat the dragon’s jaw with his mace as the beast tosses its head left and right violently.

Wyatt takes 16 HP in damage and is nearing critical condition.

With its icy armor nearly shattered and other wards gone, the dragon continues its fight regardless of its injury or risk. Having just taken a wicked wound from Magnum, the dwarf had earned the dragon’s attention.

This time, it leads off with a swipe of its tail and strikes Magnum and it comes at him with whip like speed and sends the dragon to the ground with a clatter of armor on the stone. It leaves Magnum prone. His own counter attack is turned away by the dragon’s hard scales.

Magnum rolled a 2 on his opposed strength check and is now prone.

Turning its attention to Hjalmar, the dragon lashes out at the old Paladin and tries to rip his shield off of his arm.

Dragon rolls a 29 versus Hjalmar at 21.

Hjalmars’s counter attack also misses, rolling a natural 1.

The dragon rips Hjalmar’s shield away from him, lowering his protection significantly (-5 AC)

With the shield stripped away and thrown directly at his feet, the dragon launches the rest of its attacks. Another claw flaws in a furious, blurring arc that catches some of Hjalmar’s chainmail and sends rings of mail and blood splashing. Next, both of the dragon’s wings batter Hjalmar and those too hurt him, with one smashing him hard in the face and hurting this nose.

11 HP Claw
10 HP Wing

Hjalmar takes 21 HP in damage.

Magnum (Initiative 10): On the ground now, Magnum snarls and returns to his feet. He is impressed by his opponent’s cunning, but frustrated as he had been ready to deliver another powerful blow against the foe. As he scrambled back to his feet, the dragon’s tail comes whipping back at him with a shocking velocity. The tail hits him hard in the shoulder with an ear splitting bang as it connects with his armored pauldron that momentarily lames his shoulder from the pain of it. The feeling returns in a roar a moment later, as a radiating pain that will no doubt be felt for days.

The dragon rolled a 37 and did 15 HP (14 after earthsilk).

The blow is enough to disrupt his Ehontar finally, and the dwarf that returns to his feet is in a black, black mood on account of it.

14 damage (DC24) v. Concentration roll of 22, failed check.

Back on his feet though, he lays into the dragon with a vicious chop that lays open part of its torso deeply enough to see ribs and muscles. He has to yank his axe free of one of the shattered ribs with a wrenching motion, but feels they protected the dragon from the worst he could do. [/I]

Magnum inflicted 4 HP after the icy armor.

Magnum is at 55/90 HP

Hjalmar (Initiative 8): Still on his feet but without his shield, Hjalmar knows how vulnerable he is to the dragon but presses his attack regardless. He was a Shield of Moradin, and that was about much more than actually having a Shield. His faith and body were his true shield, and this dragon had a lot less left in it than Hjalmar reckoned the other dwarfs had. He swings his hammer as hard as he can at the dragon, trying to finally beat the dragon down with a rain of hammer blows from his holy hammer.

His first shot connects with the dragon’s broad torso and it recoils from the pain as more of its icy armor goes flying in a spray dotted with bits of scales and flesh as well. The second is aimed at its rear leg, and that blow connects with an almighty crash and the rewarding snap of bone as he snaps the femur in the dragon’ rear leg. The dragon reels from the blow and tries to take weight off the limp thing. Blood flows VERY freely from that wound, and he guesses the shattering bone cut an artery back there as well as the fluid squirts from the wound.

Hjalmar returns to his guard position and waits for the dragon to keel over, but once again it still remains on its feet….

Hjalmar connects with a 19 HP and a 23 HP blow. The fire damage is ignored by the dragon’s wards, and its icy armor absorbs 10 HP of damage from both blows…

With a dull roar that turns into more of a groan though, the dragon staggers badly like a drunkard for a moment. When its weight shifts to its bad leg, the leg turns sideways at the break and sends bone jutting through the wound and more blood comes from the wound. The white dragon falls over on its side and with a great crash as it falls on top of Nega, who is knocked to the ground by a flailing wing and covered in the leathery flesh of the beast. Having finally succumbed to the massive beating it had taken, the dragon lays on the ground now, chest heaving but unconscious and dying now…

When the dragon’s jaws go limp, Wyatt rolls out of its toothy grasp and scurries away from it, lest it suddenly awaken and attack him again. He is bleeding from many places himself and wracked with pain. The halfling is still frosted from the dragon’s breath, and is covered in red stained ice crystals. A moment longer in its maw, he knew for a fact that the dragon may well have killed him, bitten him in half in an explosion of gore even.

Gryndel
2012-08-25, 11:57 AM
OOC: Was there any damage from the tail attack that knocked him prone? Standing from prone is a move action that provoked the AoO and disrupted the Ehontar. So what happened to my attack (std action)?

Angry and agitated beyond reason, the Alaghor slashed into the dying dragon to speed it on the inevitable road to death.

After being certain the dragon was dead he turned to Wyatt and handed the halfling a potion (Cure Moderate Wounds). He then pulled out his wand (Lesser Vigor) and began expending the magic stored within to speed up the naturally slow process of healing. First on himself, then Wyatt, then Naga, and Hjalamar; refusing any arguments that might be presented, he was clearly in no mood for disagreement about what he judged as proper.

OOC HP 55/90
DR 1/-
AC 28
Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)
Bless Weapon (1 min/CL)
Lesser Vigor (fast healing 1 for 15 rds, one on each of the 4 PCs)

mshady
2012-08-25, 12:19 PM
OOC: Dang it! Apparently, I misinterpreted that, but that one I lay on some of my old DMs who used to use trips and ruled standing up from prone meant that you lost your attack. I could have probably gone for a grapple instead, I suppose. I'll go ahead and adjust the round accordingly, but the math still puts the kill later in the round unfortunately. Going to send someone an email on that point. Thanks for the correction. I'm getting schooled here on some of the finer points on things I had assumed and I appreciate it.

Gryndel
2012-08-25, 12:30 PM
OOC: Dang it! Apparently, I misinterpreted that, but that one I lay on some of my old DMs who used to use trips and ruled standing up from prone meant that you lost your attack. I could have probably gone for a grapple instead, I suppose. I'll go ahead and adjust the round accordingly, but the math still puts the kill later in the round unfortunately. Going to send someone an email on that point. Thanks for the correction. I'm getting schooled here on some of the finer points on things I had assumed and I appreciate it.

Fair enough, though now I'm wondering why the 2nd tail trip attack didn't invoke another AoO for Mag. No matter now, other than curiosity.

mshady
2012-08-25, 01:10 PM
OOC: Well, I thought about it and didn't consider it an "unarmed" attack and that the tail was a weapon.

Tripping with a Weapon

Some weapons can be used to make trip attacks. In this case, you make a melee touch attack with the weapon instead of an unarmed melee touch attack, and you don’t provoke an attack of opportunity.

Seemed liked that was a better descriptions for how the tail fits, and at 1.5 strength, it is great at doing that or Sunders.

Truthfully, been a long time since I have run a dragon fight and stuff sort of came back to me along the way. Apologies for the inconsistent DMing. I hope it was a fun fight, if not perfect technically.

Since I put that out there though, what do you think the correct ruling is in case of another dragon fight in the near future? Is it a weapon or not, per that exclusion? I sort of classed it a natural weapon.

Strangie
2012-08-25, 06:14 PM
OOC: Phew... 8 HP left. Thanks, guys! And now, time for an epic post.

Wyatt

As he felt the sting of the dragon's teeth, Wyatt knew this was the end for him. All of that smack-talk was about to be rightfully delivered back to him with a one-way trip to the afterlife. What goes around, comes around, he thought...

Or not.

When the dragon finally fell, Wyatt rolled out of its limp jaws, his clothing ripped and covered in holes, himself a bloody mess. He looked like he went through a meat grinder. Surprisingly, none of his bones seemed to be broken and he was still capable of deftly escaping on his feet.

When he realized the dragon had fallen, he staggered for a moment and fell to his knees, planting his hands on the ground, blood and sweat hitting the floor beneath him. He was beaten and dazed, and getting a sense of his surroundings was tough, a bad state for a scout to be in.

"Boy... 'dat mighta been one of the dumbest things I ever done..." He looked up, and his eyes unsteadily tried to focus on Magnum handing him a potion. "Hey... I'm not dead, am I? You ain't Moradin or somethin'?"

He stared at the potion for a moment, as his mind begain to clear somewhat, and snatched it from the cleric's hand. He downed it without a second thought ([roll0] or 11 healed), and felt the healing energy knit his broken body back together somewhat.

Now he'd finally realized what happened - the dwarves were able to slay the dragon. His constant goading of it almost cost him his life, but it achieved the result he wanted - bringing the dragon down to his allies so they could beat the crap out of it.

Not exactly the way he planned it, but it worked.

"Hah... you guys... you guys managed to kill 'dat thing? Well... sorry I wasn't more helpful." He stood to his feet, as the Vigor spell took hold and slowly knit him back together more. He minded the other potions on his belt - he would use one if he wasn't restored to full health otherwise.

Once he realized he was going to be alright, he stared at the dying/dead dragon and gripped his mace tightly. Without saying a word to anyone, he walked over to its head on the ground. "Guess what, chucklenuts? It's you who ain't walkin' away. Not me! HAHAHA!" He leaned forward and laughed at it, almost maniacally. He took his mace in both hands, and started beating the crap out of it in any which way he could. "How does it feel, being helpless and broken without being able to respond!? Can't put up a fight, can ya! Does it feel good? Huh? Huh!? How do ya like me now! You think 'dis crap is funny now, dragon? ANSWER ME!"

He stopped for only a moment, leaning forward at the probably dead-by-now-dragon, staring into its lifeless eye. "What did we learn?..." He paused for a moment, as if trying to get a response. Then, suddenly, he swings his mace back and forth across the dragon's face with each word. "I. ALWAYS. WIN."

After the last swing, he spins around and flails his arms with a frustrated shout, before finally calming down, resting his hands on his knees. After catching his breath, he stood up straight, straightening his tattered vest, and sliding his mace back onto his belt.

"So, uh... yeah. Now what?"

OOC: After all that, I'll be at 34 HP once the Lesser Vigor is done. I'll roll some CLW potions in a later post if they become necessary.

King Tius
2012-08-25, 08:44 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
As his final blow sends the dragon staggering, Hjalmar simply stands there and watches it stumble. He continues to watch as Magnum beats the corpse, lowering his shield and returning his trusty hammer to its spot on his hip. He removes his helmet and wipes his face with a handkerchief as Magnum uses the wand on him. Now back to full health and feeling splendid, The grizzled old Paladin puts his helmet back on and looks at the northern folk he is forced to be with.

"Always wanted to do that."

Was there a slight twinkle in the old Dwarf's eye? Is that the faintest hint of a smile near the corners of his mouth?

Gryndel
2012-08-26, 01:26 AM
The pent up rant of the scout invoked a chuckle of opportunity that blossomed into a deep belly laugh as Hjalmar spoke his mind. Though only seconds in duration, the mirth echoed around the vast space even after he added almost jauntily with a wink at Hjalmar as he checked himself and the halfling over for remaining wounds. After casting a minor spell to cure some of his own, he said in a seemingly serious tone, "Aye, twas a grand fight indeed. Might've been tougher but fer Wyatt keepin' its jaw occupied so well. But ye might try another tactic fer da next dragon lad. Now, I suggest we wait out da blade barrier, den see what treasuers we find. We oughta see if gettin outta here is gonna be troublesome, an' if'n da mass o'nasty pilgrims intends any ill now."

After a glance at the whirling blades barring the way to the treasure, he pondered just how long that might last as he made his way back to the anvil and looked around the vast temple for any sign of movement. He suspected there was limited time to spend here, given the last known plans of Buelyr, but said nothing in the immediate aftermath as his thoughts turned to his less than perfect armor!

OOCIf I'm not mistaken we saw all three dragons initially? If so, he would remind them there may be one or both still alive and endangering allies and friends...

Cast Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

AC 28
HP 82/90 HP after lesser vigor plays out

Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Blade Barrier (1 min/CL)
Bless Weapon (1 min/CL)
Lesser Vigor (fast healing 1 for 15 rds, one on each of the 4 PCs)

Strangie
2012-08-26, 08:10 AM
OOC: I think Blade Barrier is dismissable, actually, so Magnum can cancel it any time he wants.

Wyatt

Wyatt shrugged. "I wasn't expectin' to get caught. I was hopin' to get a chance to go toe-to-toe with it. I'm gonna have to invest in a magical escape method or somethin' for next time..." He brushes himself off. "I already escaped 'dis damn place once when you guys came here and bailed me out from those orcs. I didn't come back here just to die. So... thanks for not letting me do 'dat."

He turns to look at the blade barrier, scratching his head. "You sure we gotta wait 'dis thing out? I don't think we really have time for 'dis. I know I heard multiple dragons - the others are probably fightin' 'dem right now!"

Gryndel
2012-08-26, 10:43 AM
OOC: I think Blade Barrier is dismissable, actually, so Magnum can cancel it any time he wants.
OOC True dat, perhaps it was lingering thoughts of old rules about scrolls...

Wyatt
Wyatt shrugged. "I wasn't expectin' to get caught. I was hopin' to get a chance to go toe-to-toe with it. I'm gonna have to invest in a magical escape method or somethin' for next time..." He brushes himself off. "I already escaped 'dis damn place once when you guys came here and bailed me out from those orcs. I didn't come back here just to die. So... thanks for not letting me do 'dat."
Magnum chuckled, "Sure lad, couldna let our intrepid scout off da hook so easy."

He turns to look at the blade barrier, scratching his head. "You sure we gotta wait 'dis thing out? I don't think we really have time for 'dis. I know I heard multiple dragons - the others are probably fightin' 'dem right now!"
Crunching bits of ice between his finger and thumb that stubbornly clung to his beard, the war priest shrugged, "Nay, I could dismiss it anytime. Despite me personal dislike o'wastin magic, I suppose it served its purpose."

OOCWaiting to see what the state of the crowd might be, or if they've all fled or died by now. Wouldn't want to waste more time fighting rabble for dragon treasures...

mshady
2012-08-27, 02:18 AM
The Temple:

With the dragon dead, and several of the combatants having taken their rage out on the dragon's carcass, there is a moment of quiet. After a moment, when it looks like nothing else dramatic was going to happen immediately, Magnum dismisses the Blade Barrier spell.

Beyond it, they see a massive chamber beyond that the dragon was trying to enter. Inside, they get a fuller look look at the chamber.

It's not a chamber though. It is a dragon's lair. Inside, they see several great piles of treasure in mounds. They see several rothe, a cow-like denizen of the Underdark. The remain are strewn on the ground, ripped into pieces that stink most offensively. The piles are about 40 feet by 40 feet and spread out, starting at a thin layer and becoming a thick mound towards the center.
It is composed of piles of coin, but also many, many gems and chunks of metal ore. There are also piles and piles of canned fish from the cannery that are intermixed in the pile. There are several crates of the stuff packed into corners as well.

It would appear they fed the dragons that had their lair here.

While the hordes were not all exactly things of value, at least in a portable sense, there was still a massive amount of wealth.

With the fight ended though, Wyatt notices some of the parishioners of the temple poke there heads out of the doors to the rectory. He remembered that there had been a crowd of around 200 "civilians" that had disappeared into there when the battle with the dragon started.

The easiest thing to do there would be to bar the door to the rectory. Outside, they knew their comrades may yet still be engaged in a battle with the other two dragons. The doors beckoned...

King Tius
2012-08-27, 01:40 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
The faintest of good moods quickly fades away as the seconds tick by. Growing increasingly frustrated, Hjalmar finally turns to Nega and asks bruskly:

"Orders?"

OOC: So tempting to start barking out orders....

Gryndel
2012-08-27, 03:06 PM
Magnum
The Alaghor swiftly surveyed the nearest treasure pile for anything he might be able to use in service to his deity and the Patriachate; scrolls, wands, rings, the odd dwarven waraxes, relics of inestimable value, etc. As a sample he grabbed a handful of coins, making sure to include a few gems, and stuffed them into a pouch. While waiting to see what Nega's response would be he opined, "We oughta at least close off da rectory."

Strangie
2012-08-27, 05:08 PM
Wyatt

"Sheesh, lookat alla 'dis! Freakin' dragons live like slobs," remarked Wyatt as he marveled at the massive piles of wealth. As he was about to start shoveling wealth into his haversack, he noted the 'civilians' peeking out at them. He turned to each of the dwarves, jerking his thumb at the parishioners. "What about 'dat lot?"

mshady
2012-08-28, 01:38 AM
Nega

"Dragons have to eat too, Wyatt. As you well know!" Nega laughs, patting her belly as if it was the funniest thing she had heard all day. "The fish and the ore, and the gems, it was all food for them. Or dessert, after the rothe" the Silver Valkyrie says, returning to a semblance of her normal seriousness.

She looks around at the temple now, its floor covered in a ruin of old dwarf masonry and it makes her heart sad. The Great Anvil of Moradin sits in the center of the room with its slight golden glow, and she finds that sight reassuring for a moment. She takes a moment to really look at it before returning to matters.

"Yes, all the Aurilite civilians hiding in the rectories. Hmm..." she says and thinks. While she thinks, she rubs her fingers against her holy symbol of Berronar.

"Lets bar da doors and keep them where they be, but when we return, we should let them all our and take a count of them. The children, particularly any good humanoid ones such as the humans, we must find a way to take them with us. I do nay believe Berronar would condone not the death of innocents here. Buelyir cannae set off his Artifact until we can get the children free. This tis not just a soldier's place, but a family place too. What have we become when we let a babe die in a hellfire so not to slow us down?" Nega says, with a firm and authoritative smile directed at Magnum.

"Hjalmar, Shield of Moradin, what say you. As a representative of the Father in this place o'twin faiths, I have your support on this yes?"

King Tius
2012-08-28, 07:57 AM
Hjalmar Crownshield
The grumpy Dwarf scowls at the rectory doors and then back at Nega. "We may not have time to come back and let them loose. Bar the doors. If we cannot judge them, their gods will. The Soul Forger wants us to protect our kin. The Wyrm must be dealt with."

Hjalmar walks towards the the great Anvil and kneels, removing his helmet and placing it by his side. He remains there for a few moments in silent prayer before getting to his feet and removing his eye patch. The old man places it on the anvil, his hand lingering on top of it for a long moment before he grabs his helmet and puts it back on again.

Strangie
2012-08-28, 04:26 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt frowned, narrowing his eyes at Nega's attempt of joking at him. "Yeah, I'm laughin'." He waves his hand dismissively. "Alright, well, if you guys need my help barrin' the door or whatever, I'll just, uh, be over here. Just let me know when you're good to go."

He sort of hides behind one of the piles to stay out of sight from the onlookers at the door, in case they might get offended at him pilfering their dragon's horde, before attempting to shovel as much gold and shinies as he can that his haversack will fit. "Hell if I know I'm going to get paid by the Patriarchate after 'dis," he mutters. "Better grab everything I can just in case..."

OOC: For the record, he can fit about 33.5 pounds worth of gold in that thing with the space he has left. Also, did Magnum heal up the rest of our wounds or no? Gotta know if I'm going to be expending these CLW potions after all.

mshady
2012-08-29, 12:24 AM
Nega

The Valkyrie stands at the entrance to the horde chamber and rests her hand on her hips and looks around the room. Something bothered her about it. Her eyes follow the stone and she sees claw marks in the wall. As defiantly pedestrian and as vertically challenged as a dwarf was, they rarely really looked "up" at things.

It took Nega moment, but she followed those haphazard marks upwards until she saw a massive well... balcony that was fifty feet up in the great chamber. The torches she had discounted as just lighting in the chamber seemed something more now. They were illumination not for below, but above.

It was than that she noticed the gleam of gold above. Just a glimmer, but her inborn dwarven lust for gold knew the glitter of gold, and especially gems, when it caught her eye.

"Oi! Wyatt! Look up there!" Nega exclaims, pointing a gauntlet upwards. "I think dere be another horde up there! It looks like one of the dragons carved open the wall and made a nest in the stone so it could look down on the others!" she says and laughs. It seemed an amusing idea at first, one dragon looking down on the others.

That was when she backtracked for a moment. She looked at the floor of the chamber and her mental train of thought crashed to a halt.

"That would mean four hordes" she says quietly.

A chill passed over her for a moment, and she shivered.

It was not because of the cold.

Strangie
2012-08-29, 02:36 AM
Wyatt

"Hah! Another horde! Boy, we'll be walking home a rich bunch at 'dis rate," he replies.

He stands there, smiling for a moment, before what Nega says next sinks in. He drops his arms to his sides, and his smile turns to a frown.

"So, uh... I think maybe we should get out of here... yeah?" he nervously says to the other dwarves.

FOUR hordes? That might mean four dragons. He hoped it didn't.

It sank in that, knowing his luck, it probably did.

"Crap."

OOC: Still waitin' on the healing stuff I mentioned in my last post.

King Tius
2012-08-29, 08:05 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
The old Dwarf looks towards where Nega pointed....looks with TWO eyes, and can't help but feel uplifted at his new-found sight. He is not overly concerned with the presence of another dragon. By his count there was still another one to be dealt with anyways. He makes his way towards the rectory door to help barricade it.

Knowledge (Religion) Check: [roll0] to see if the upper dragon horde could be set up as a place that people down on the main floor would worship to.

mshady
2012-08-29, 09:16 PM
Knowledge (Religion) Check: (1d20+4)[19] to see if the upper dragon horde could be set up as a place that people down on the main floor would worship to.

You got that right.

King Tius
2012-08-29, 09:36 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
The Gold Dwarf points towards the elevated dragon horde and speaks. "Must be Xurshin's pile. The lot of 'em can chant up at him like some false god."

mshady
2012-08-30, 12:30 AM
OOC: Still waitin' on the healing stuff I mentioned in my last post.

Have to confirm that with Magnum. You guys have a minute of peace.

mshady
2012-08-30, 12:52 AM
Nega

The Valkyrie shakes her in response to Hjalmar's comment about Xurshin's pile being up there.

"No, it cannae be. His lair's deep in the Spine of the World, in a great old mountain fortress. Too small for'em too, he's a Great Wyrm, a thousand years old or more. Overheard the Patriarch and Buelyir talkin' 'bout trying to hunt him down, but we could throw the whole Patriarchate 'gainst it and come up short. Nay, Dat be 'nother dragon's horde. Don't say that name either, he's a Chosen one, and they hear yer words"

Strangie
2012-08-30, 08:11 AM
Wyatt

"Tch. Like he probably didn't already hear the group of whackjobs earlier chanting his name, I think we're a little bit beyond 'dat at 'dis point," Wyatt said and shrugged, referring to the chanters from before.

He looks at Hjalmar... and then looks at him again. He took his eyepatch off! He almost didn't notice amidst the shock of a potential fourth dragon.

"Hjalmar! You, uh... you look different. Did you do something with your hair? How did you, uh..." he trails off, gesturing at where Hjalmar's eyepatch had been.

OOC:
The strikethrough text wasn't actually said, just... wanted to throw it in there. :smallbiggrin:

Gryndel
2012-08-30, 01:45 PM
Magnum

With a nod at Nega, the Alaghor marched purposely over to close the rectory door, a stern glare on his face. He glared at those who dared show their face and spoke with the authority of victory over that which they worshiped, "Stay put, its safer fer now til all fightin' be done."

With a lingering glance at Hjalmar as the old paladin knelt near the anvil and prayed, Magnum felt a closer sense of camaraderie, even companionship, with the southern dwarf. Upon finally realizing that his sight had been restored, the stern priest acknowledged it only with a nearly imperceptible nod and a small smile hidden under beard and helm.

Returning to Nega's side as the conversation ensued, the war priest viewed the recently discovered ledge and presumed additional dragon lair with a scowl, "I doubt an elder dragon woulda sat up der passively ta watch us kill its spawn or siblin'. Still, could be da real lair, where da good treasure be kept."

He cast Detect Magic to survey the treasure as he slowly moved around while waiting to see what the Valkyrie decided. Motioning Wyatt over when spotted, he commented, "If der be more battle ta come sooner or later, we oughta see about da rest o'yer wounds, honored scout."

OOC I posted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13789927&postcount=107) about checking himself and Wyatt for remaining wounds, presumably after the lesser vigor ran its course. He would then judge what appropriate spell(s) to use for healing most of the lingering harm, as he did with the CLW on himself in the same post. Since I know not what Wyatt's HP status is currently, hard to decide...

AC 28
HP 82/90

Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Detect Magic (8 min [C])

Strangie
2012-08-30, 05:17 PM
OOC for Magnum: Wyatt's at 34/59, so he's not near-death at least but still a bit roughed up. Sorry about the mix-up!

Wyatt will allow Magnum to tend to him as necessary, but I'll wait for a reply from Hjalmar before I comment about being an 'honored' scout, haha.

King Tius
2012-08-30, 10:04 PM
Hjalmar Crownshield
The old Paladin looks at Wyatt and shrugs. "It would seem that Moradin has given me back what I lost in my youth. It was a harsh lesson to learn, but it seems I'll have need of it to carry out his will. Doesn't make you any prettier."

What was this? A joke? From HIM? Somebody's feeling pretty good for getting an eyeball back.

Hjalmar gives the slight nod back to Magnum. The man had skills and, more importantly, courage. Gruff as he may be, Hjalmar respects prowess and results. The three Northerners around him have certainly proved their mettle, even if they talked too much.

Strangie
2012-08-30, 10:56 PM
Wyatt

Wyatt shrugged at Magnum. "Well, I dunno about honored, but I am a scout. We'd better patch up while we're standin' here. Do your stuff, Mag."

After Hjalmar speaks, Wyatt raised an eyebrow, tilting his head at Hjalmar. What the hell? Did he just crack a joke?

After trying to compute what just happened in his head, Wyatt simply laughed heartily. "Ahaha! Hey, 'dat's a good one. No worries - I don't think I was hired into 'dis group because of my looks. Sable, on the other hand..."

He started to trail off, when it dawned on him. Everybody was still outside probably fighting dragons!

"Oh crap! Sable! Uh, hey guys, I think we should get moving right about now. We can come back here later if we got time. Eh?"

After allowing Magnum to tend to his wounds, Wyatt would lead the way for the exit. He certainly didn't leave without collecting what he felt was due to him though, earlier having shoveled as many coins as he could into his haversack. Nobody might be alive after this, he thought to himself - if he manages to escape alone, the coin might help him get back on track, at least.

That is, if he ever saw civilization again.

Gryndel
2012-08-30, 11:53 PM
Magnum
A soft glow formed around one hand as he offered a prayer to the Father of Battle. The healing magic flowed into Wyatt with a touch as the war priest said, "Ye've earned honor dis day Wyatt, not just in my eyes I'd bet."

OOC Convert Silence to Cure Moderate Wounds [roll0]

This is after the pending results of Detect Magic...

With a critical look at the halfling's remaining wounds, Magnum added, "Ye got any curin' potions?"

Strangie
2012-08-31, 01:53 AM
Wyatt

He nodded in thanks to Magnum, taking his comment into consideration. "Well... all I really did was throw off all my tanglefoots and get chewed on by a dragon, but... if you say so. Thanks, and yeah." He spins a potion on his belt, chugging it down as he goes ahead to check the exit. "I'd been having a pretty good track record of success up to 'dis point. Can't win 'em all, I guess."

Potion

CLW: [roll0] or 5

OOC: With Magnum's healing, and the potion, Wyatt is up to 56/59. Good to go!

mshady
2012-09-05, 12:34 AM
Nega

"Good on ye, and blessed be to Moradin for returning yer eye, Hjalmar" Nega pronounces and gives him a reaffirming pat on his shoulder.

"Now yer blessings aside, if that's another dragon's lair I have a worry there might be another dragon. Forget about the rectory and the civilians in there. If they want to run or stay, let'em. They're not going to loot a dragon's horde from dere own faith, and if they do. Better that they take it and it not weight us down or greed not corrupt us. Everyone outta this Temple now and see if anyone else needs help! Out now, there may be another dragon and I'm not to be missing it. Dragon's head soup fer all if we catch a big one!" Nega says enthusiastically and waves for them to follow her towards the exit.

With all the battering she had took, she actually seems to be looking forward to finding more.

King Tius
2012-09-05, 07:02 AM
Hjalmar Crownshield

The old Dwarf nods at the First Mace and turns towards the main door. "Let's move." He sets off at a determined pace, not quite running but striding purposefully. He'll lead the group out the main temple door.

Assuming we see what's going on over at the Armory, he'll break into a jog and head towards there.

Gryndel
2012-09-05, 12:08 PM
Magnum
The Alaghor gathered whatever magic he could find and carry (including his handy haversack). He nodded once and grinned fiercely at Nega, "Aye, First Mace."

Following behind the others, he grumbled a bit, then spoke in a surly tone before they reached the exit, "If dar be more dragons dat flee a fight, dis place is likely where dey'd retreat."

Accustomed and attuned to the sounds of battle, particularly underground, Magnum listened for the echoes and vibrations from elsewhere as he reached the exit.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

AC 28
HP 82/90

Spells in Effect
Magic Vestment [8 hrs]
Detect Magic (8 min [C])

mshady
2012-09-05, 09:07 PM
End of Line.