PDA

View Full Version : Planar Raiders => Help w/ ideas and later, builds! ^^

Red_Dog
2012-04-12, 09:02 AM
Hello, ladies and gents. My brain seems to be La Shot... So I am asking strangers on the internet for ideas = ] [I know, I know=> "that's what facebook is for!" "But they don't have D&D community!" etc. etc.]

So what do I need help with? Well realization of "planar raiders/mercenaries" concept. Namely creating few factions that my players could later use.

**One faction[just as example], I have made sometime ago[details are still shifting] is a small-ish [around 1000+ soldiers] Bladeling Legion that travels the planes and takes up any "jobs" that pay them. They are generally organized as foot troops, with 1-2 types of special teams [scouts for example]. But I digress.**
=================================================>
I was thinking, first just ask for some brain storm of ideas for other mercenary/raider bands that some planes can offer?O_o

Effective level of generally 8-9, with some leaders getting lvl12-16[very max, usually shooting for 12].

A picture that currently stuck in my head is a band that owns few Gate Zeppelins from planar handbook and uses them to emulate "ODST tactics". Perhaps not so high as an orbit, but generally, using "hot-drop" tactics.

"Ethereal Tunnelers" type of band from earth plane could be cool too. Similar idea, just from under the ground.

P.S. Note, planes under consideration would be all neutral-to-evil outer planes & all but Water inner planes. I am not sure about Astral, Ethereal & Shadow planes at all.

So yeah... a rather vague question... Sorry about that = \ But I welcome ideas if you got time ^^! Thx in advance!^^