PDA

View Full Version : Deities and Demigods?

willpell
2012-04-12, 09:36 AM
I fully intend at some point to buy the original version of Deities and Demigods, for the more exotic pantheons that were cut from the later printings, but that will be just a flavor purchase since I don't use the old edition's rules. Not having combat stats on the gods is fine, but it occurred to me recently that a rulebook for 3.5 does provide one set of rules for gods which I am willing to use: their Domains. So should I invest in a copy of the 3.5 version if the price is right, or am I better off just making stuff up as I go along?

Urpriest
2012-04-12, 10:56 AM
If you just want it for the domains, I believe all the Greyhawk ones were reprinted in Complete Divine. For the real-world pantheons, the ones that appear in FR have their own domains in those sourcebooks, and the ones that don't don't appear in published settings, so if you're making a homebrew setting you can give them whatever you want anyway.

willpell
2012-04-12, 11:16 AM
Well the thing is I'm trying to be as comprehensive as possible with my pantheon, so I want to start with a list of damn near every Domain that has ever been published, though I'm liable to cut several of them before finalizing the list. (The last time I tried was with Complete Divine, and I took a hatchet to several of the domains in that because they were crappily named - the worst offender being Dream, which should really have been named Nightmare because there was absolutely no way you could spin it as a good thing.)

Yora
2012-04-12, 11:25 AM
I think most of the Domains from Deities and Demigods are in the SRD, if those are the only thing you want from that book.

Yora
2012-04-12, 11:31 AM
I think most of the Domains from Deities and Demigods are in the SRD, if those are the only thing you want from that book.

Answerer
2012-04-12, 11:41 AM
Most of D&DG was released as part of the OGL, and is therefore in the SRD. The "Divine Rules" section of d20srd.org is the part you're looking for.