PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge devotion and Healing mechanics..

animewatcha
2012-04-12, 05:09 PM
Knowledge devotion. A powerful feat for melee and ranged alike. Insight bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls. One question I have is for the damage rolls. Is it one bonus like for a 1d8 weapon? Or can it be applied for more die like a 2d6 weapon ( benefiting twice for 2 die rolls )?

Can knowledge devotion be applied to the healing aspects of healing spells? I.e. 'knowledge check of companions' for like cure light wounds to do 1d8 + cl + KDbonus? If so, applied once or multiple dice (cure critical to apply it 4 times? )

If knowledge devotion can be applied to healing, what about something like this? http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/sacred-purification--2481/ . Would KD add to the amount that Sacred purification healed?

Also, with healing things that involves stat-based modifiers. Would say something like circlet of persuasion benefit something like sacred purification?

RagnaroksChosen
2012-04-12, 06:11 PM
The Only issue I see with Knowledge devotion working on Healing spells. (assuming the cures right now).
"Whenever you fight a creature" is the key. If your GM allows you to "mock fight" then yes...

In all honesty I would run it by your GM. I know I let my players do it.

I would not let it apply to Sacred purification because there is no attack roll.

veven
2012-04-12, 06:18 PM
Unless you are fighting Undead, cure spells do not deal damage so I would say that they do not benefit from KD.

In regards to rolls with multiple dice, it's still just one roll. 2d6 is one dice roll, 10d6 is one dice roll. You add the bonus once.