PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Build help please?

Akeii
2012-04-12, 06:26 PM
Recently I've gotten myself into another campaign loosely based on 3.5.

I say "loosely based" because this is a really weird situation. You'll see why pretty soon.

Some more important changes that made the sorcerer sound somewhat more attractive were:

Not having to roll for hit points every level; those are automatically maximized according to HD for PCs
Concentration checks now made based on Wisdom bonuses
Sorcerers are allowed the Quicken Spell metamagic feat (!)
No XP cost when crafting magical items

In addition, he's adding some pretty nice pathfinder-ey homebrewed bloodline/heritage sort of deal. Basically some pretty nice bonuses were conferred through these. Some of the more notable options are:

(1) Being able to learn and cast Druid spells at the same level as Arcane spells
(2) Permanent Mage Armor with scaling AC and eventually a Cha bonus to AC

But naturally, all of this did come at the cost of only directly allowing PHB I, DMG, and EPH as sourcebooks. Stuff from other sourcebooks is allowed only on a case-by-case basis.

I'm joining a party currently consisting of a rogue, assassin, ranger, and cleric. I think they're all sneaky types except the cleric, who I don't -think- is sneaky. I'm definitely getting the vibe that everyone is a lot more stealth-based than your typical adventuring party. (Silent spell and still spell feats, anyone?)

Unfortunately the DM does not allow Beguiler from PHB II or Magical Trickster from CS.

He did, however, allow me a dip into Sand Shaper from Sandstorm although without all the extra abilities. Aw for -1 caster level. On the other hand, yay for 40+ free spells!

I'm going to be a human for the skill points to qualify for Sand Shaper. The required feat is probably moot since it doesn't apply to the game setting. Currently the flavor I want to go for is an illusionist/enchanter with some offensive and utility capabilities. Definitely Greater Invisibility for the rogue and assassin... but beyond that I'm not so certain.

Starting level and gold are 13 and 140k gp. If some of you could be so kind to provide any amount of advice on the role I should take; starting equipment; or specific spells I should check with the DM about, I'd be really really grateful! Thanks!

Harry
2012-04-12, 06:37 PM
You could always be a mailman blaster Sorcerer 6/Incantatrix 10/Arcane Devotee 2/Marshal 1/Sand shaper 1 not in that order here's the mailmans guide http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer