PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] flying questions?

ojayaba
2012-04-12, 09:45 PM
so ive been trying to confirm if there is a hit point percentage that a flying creature can not go below and still fly. example, once a flyer reaches 50% or less hp they must land.

if there is any reference, please provide.

Ernir
2012-04-12, 10:03 PM
so ive been trying to confirm if there is a hit point percentage that a flying creature can not go below and still fly. example, once a flyer reaches 50% or less hp they must land.

if there is any reference, please provide.

There exists no such rule.

Flickerdart
2012-04-12, 10:09 PM
You're thinking of dragons in Skyrim, not D&D 3.5.

ojayaba
2012-04-13, 06:24 AM
You're thinking of dragons in Skyrim, not D&D 3.5.

nope, not thinking of skyrim. never ;layed and never will.
this is a rumored rule i have been hearing about off and on for years but never been able to find it so thought i would ask you guys about it.

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-13, 06:46 AM
nope, not thinking of skyrim. never ;layed and never will.
this is a rumored rule i have been hearing about off and on for years but never been able to find it so thought i would ask you guys about it.

There's no mention of it in the rules on tactical flight in the DMG, or anywhere else as far as I know.

Namfuak
2012-04-13, 08:59 AM
There might be some offshoot of the wound system alternate rules that includes this, but it would not really work well with the default hit point system. No one else functions less effectively at low health, why should flyers get a penalty?

What you may be thinking of is that some flyers, instead of plummeting to the ground after being knocked unconscious, will glide down at 20 ft a round or so.

Ashtagon
2012-04-13, 09:22 AM
I think there were rules to this effect in BECMI.

ojayaba
2012-04-13, 11:34 AM
the glide rule I knew about, but I've been looking for the "fall" rule because some of the other players in the group seem to think its there and the DM not being too sure of himself is now sure that it is...