PDA

View Full Version : [DM] Crafting Help: Artifacts

Arakune
2012-04-13, 02:38 AM
I know you aren't supposed to craft them, but apparently in deities and demigods the gods have a Craft Artifact feat.

Now, is this just a placeholder to for the DM to know which deities are likely to handle custom plot devices(tm) or is there a mechanic for a DM to make them and not make it either too weak or too strong for the PCs?

Calanon
2012-04-13, 04:32 AM
I to am interested in this subject... WoTC never actually made rules for creating Artifacts... would love to learn rules for making a Mythallar :smallamused:

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-13, 04:38 AM
Technically anyone with Wish can create an artifact. They are magic items and have no gold piece value, so they don't even cost you any extra XP.

It's strict RAW legal but I don't think I've even heard of a DM that will allow it.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#craftArtifact

That's the feat you were talking about. As a general rule, create whatever you feel like and that works in your game. You are the DM, you really don't need to rules justify your own custom magic items (of any type).

Lapak
2012-04-13, 08:31 AM
Technically anyone with Wish can create an artifact. They are magic items and have no gold piece value, so they don't even cost you any extra XP.

It's strict RAW legal but I don't think I've even heard of a DM that will allow it.I don't know about that.

LA 0 is to LA -
as
GP cost of 0 is to Priceless

Artifacts don't cost nothing, they are beyond cost.