PDA

View Full Version : TW Gods

Ladorak
2012-04-13, 09:25 AM
Once the world was in harmony, everything in balance, everything as it should be. Man lived alone in paradise, never dreaming of a place called Avalon, not knowing of Lord Order and Mother Chaos. The two unknowingly powerful entities that held between them the Chain of Creation, that which bound all things in paradise in their appointed place.

Then something changed and the Chain of Creation shattered. With that everything changed forever. The immediate reaction was the sinking of much of Avalon and the shattering of what is now known as the Sundered Isles. All over the world volcanoes erupted and the earth trembled. The sky turned black and hundreds of thousands died.

Next came the Archons, followed quickly by Tyrants, Reavers and Wardens. It was in the Sundered Isles that the first of the fragments of the Chain fell, creating spiritual beings made manifest by raw creation let loose and utterly defined by the missing aspects of Lord Order and Mother Chaos. Wardens and Tyrants are all male, personified by their directly opposed natures, one a protector, the other a tyrant. Archons and Reavers are all female, driven to create and destroy respectively. From then until forever they are still bound in battle amid the ruins of Avalon and the Sundered Isles.

But this was only the beginning, little more than thousands of small pieces of raw creation let loose. Many much larger pieces of the Chain came to rest in the mainland. So great was their power it took a dozen human generations for their essence to fully release. In that time the things that would become the gods were subjected to their local environment. That is how they came to their dissimilar natures, despite their common ancestry.

By the time Lord Order and Mother Chaos bound the Chain between them again it was too late, too much had gone awry, what was done could not be undone. The gods were loose in the world, even now they gathered their worshippers to them and the two greater deities were powerless to intervene while they held the Chain between them.

The world fragmented as the Chain did. In a very real sense it was now, for the first time, that all peoples and powers were united once again. All gazed skyward in wonderment. A new star was born and it shimmered more brightly and beautifully then any around it. The wisest and more observation also noted that it appeared to be growing in size.

Wardstone, Avalon

Archdeacon Hyperion, commanding officer of the Second Warden regiment and Lord of Wardstone, stood at his window looking out at the night, looking past the great looming walls that bloated out much of the night sky he stared at the star thoughtfully. He was a twelve foot titan with yellow glowing eyes and huge silvery wings. An attendant less than half his size floatedly lazily at his side 'What does it mean?'
'I do not know, but I know what the Tyrants will believe it means. Double the watch, send out scouts toward Heartrend

Heartrend, Avalon

Master Omadon stood upon a wooden platform, built specifically for his address to the assembled horde beneath him. On either side he was flanked by warmachines. 'The Circle have spoken. This star is the sign we have waited for. Destiny is in our favour. We march on Wardstone! This is the first day f Tyrant dominion of the world!' The war machines belched fire into the air around the skeletal black figure as ten thousand voices roared in fury.

?

In the secret valley of the Archons Alessa stared up at the star, as if seeing it for the first time, although she had seen it in countless dreams before it's coming. All around her Archons floated, flew about, stood stock still, burrowed through the earth beneath her feet, slithered and walked and ran and crawled. In all manner of forms and shapes they moved about or stood frozen in space. It all seemed random, although Alessa knew better. She had beclaimed the star, the others came to her for guidance. She spoke to them but once, before returning to the waking sleep of existence as a patch of mist, that which occupied much of her time when she was not speaking the future. 'It means everything to a few, and nothing to the rest.'

The Sundered Isles

Reavers have little in the way of conscience thought, they were largely creatures of instinct, but overtime the presence of the star became imprinted on the hivemind, once the Reavers became aware of the star the information was quickly passed between them. Although Reavers are almost entirely absent of individuality they are highly intelligent in their own way, possessing an understanding of the world few would credit to such beings of pure destruction. Thousands of Battlemaidens and hundreds of Dread moved away from the constant and pointless obliteration of any life or structure upon the Sundered Isles and moved together toward greater united purpose. The Reavers understood the Tyrants, understood they would move in force against the Wardens, leaving the Reavers free to move against the mainlands and Avalon for the first time in history.

Somewhere in the Southern Ocean

The City-State of Sanctum was more in shape of a fleet or flotilla, abide one of bizarre form. The humans of Sanctum are not like the mindless sheep of the mainlands, so they would say. They remember paradise, they remember much of the perfect society that once existed, they retain much of that age's knowledge and some of it's wonders. Sanctum is a fortress city, with walls that reach hundreds of feet into the air, that floats upon the water. Almost half the 'vessels' in the fleet were likewise floating cities or fortresses, although none can match Sanctum in size. In many cases, such as Sanctum, the large bulk of the 'city' is below the water line, like icebergs roots of rock once attached to the southern continent extend into the deep.

Senator Marius looked up from his calculations and up at the star. 'There is no doubt about it.' He was largely speaking to himself. Pelon his assistant would not in all likelihood understand the significance of the words, despite his assistance in the calculations. At first inspection Pelon would seem a useless assistant. He was obviously mentally deficient, so much so he would not survive life on the mainlands. Without assistance he would not survive in Sanctum, he could not prepare food or even be trusted to procure it without becoming lost. Other societies might have regarded Pelon as usless, but the people of Sanctum had long know better. People like Pelon belonged to the Calculator class, for while his mind might seem absent he was capable of instantly calculating complex figures that would took Marius minutes. The Calculator class was highly honoured and treated with great respect and tolerance, as well as all the aid they needed to live their daily lives. Pelon help had sped the process greater, even if now he was examining in great detail his own elbow.
Marius called in a servant. 'It is as I feared. Take these calculations to the Senate. Speak these words; The star is growing because it is falling to Earth. In 500 hundred years it will impact somewhere on the north west continent. I have only estimates of mass to work with past this point, but the resulting shockwave may be capable of killing 90% of human life.'

Map
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/RichWheat/map-1.jpg

Players
{table="head"]Player|God Name|Domain|Power|Major Acts|Minor Acts|Ceremonies|Belief|Arete
Madwand|Kel-Toth|Technology|Design Beyond Limit|1|2|1|3|0
Murska|Tanai|Trickery|Silvertongue|3|3|0|4|0
TsukikoJ|Gruul|War|Bloodlust|2|2|1|3|0
Lizard Lord|Niobe|Imagination|Dreams to Reality|3|2|0|3|0
ArcaneStomper|Vandern|Winter|Winter's Grip|3|2|1|3|0
Copper8642|Azemin|Time|Unchanging Order|1|2|1|3|0
Zemalac|Chouvrian|Death|The Dead Masters|2|2|1|3|0
razovor|Lucas|Beauty|Crowning Achievement|3|2|0|3|0
Tebryn|Takeshi|Natural Disasters|Eventuality|2|6|1|3|0
Forum Explorer|Luna|Night|For the Glory of the Moon|2|3|0|3|0
Gunther|Arkhan|Information|Praetorian of Information|2|2|0|3|0
[/table]

Personal objectives will be handed out at EoT 1

Global objective
Unlike the other powers you all know what the star means. The gods recognise their own. It is a final shard of the Chain, when it exploded one piece must have flown almost directly upward. Now, hundreds of years later, it is finally returning to earth.

It is not yet one of your brothers or sisters, for now it is only raw creation, to be grasped and used.

First player to reach belief +++++ obtains Arete +++
Second and third obtain Arete +

Zemalac
2012-04-13, 03:50 PM
Chouvrian
The Kindly One

Skamel Roch was the only one left at the cairn now. The rest of the tribe had left much earlier, followed by most of his family. His wife had been the last to depart, squeezing his hand for the briefest of moments before beginning the long walk back down the mountain to the village. Her face had been hard and dry, he remembered, just as his own had been. Their tears, if any had been shed, had been sucked away by the wind and the cold.

Roch stared past the cairn he had built, down over the edge of the little plateau and towards the village. It was larger now than he remembered, from when he had last been up on the mountain. He could see the new homes, built snug against the sides of the valley, almost burrowing into the ground for warmth, lined up like ranks of trees leading to the new meeting hall that they had built...what was it, five years ago? Ten? He shook his head. The tribes had gathered, pilgrims had come to this sacred place, feuds a hundred years old had finally been settled in blood between the rocks, and now the little village he remembered from his youth was full of strangers. Here, a little boy named Skamel had come out of the womb dead, and lived; here, that same little boy had told his grieving father what the old man that only he could hear had said; and here, in this place, his tribe had learned the name Chouvrian. Here the mountain tribes had remembered what it was to feel pride, to think of something besides immediate survival, and now...

And now, here was a simple stone cairn, reminding him that things had not really changed at all.

"I thought she was going to make it, you know," he said. "After she survived last winter. I thought if she could survive that, she could survive anything."

"That winter was a bad one," said the place where an old man was not.

"Aye, that it was," said Roch. He grinned fiercely. "And she spat in the face of it. All that ice, and the bears, and the snow coming down until you couldn't breach the top of it with a spear, and she lived through it all, hale and hearty as you like." He stopped, eyes never moving from the cairn. "She was such a little thing, and she survived it all. I never could figure how."

"She was her father's daughter, that's all," said the old man with the velvet-black eyes.

"Aye," said Roch. "I suppose she was." He was quiet for a while, studying the rocks of the cairn, already beginning to freeze into one solid block. It took him a while to work up the courage, but eventually he turned to the old man, eyes burning in the wind, and asked, "How?"

The old man who was not there pondered the question. "It was a fever, in the end," he said. "She probably thought the heat was from the weather getting warmer. A long death, but not a cruel one, I think."

Roch stood at the cairn, furs wrapped around him like armor against the ice still in the spring air, long grey hair flying like smoke in the breeze, just looking at the old man. After a long moment, he turned his gaze away. "I thought she would live," he said, and something had broken in his voice.

"Aye," said the old man, simple understanding in his voice. "Do not worry, my child. You did all you could. All of us, we do all we can to survive in this world, and sometimes it simply isn't enough. There is nothing you can do to change that truth."

Skamel Roch dried his tears in the wind and faced the old man once more. "You were with her, at least?" he asked.

The old man nodded.

"Thank you," Roch whispered, and dropped to his knees, one hand coming to rest on the cairn, alone by the mountain grave.

To Vandern and Tanai

Seeing as our worshipers are neighbors, or at least on the same continent, I think it might befit us to have some sort of agreement in place, at least until after the creation-star is fallen. I realize that Tanai might not want to agree to anything, being the trickster that s/he is, but if we at the very least agree not to encourage our people's to attack each other we will find ourselves free to focus on the larger problems facing all of us.

razovor
2012-04-13, 04:28 PM
Lucas, the Artist

Before the chain broke, and the world descended into chaos, the people of the lands of Ravia lived in peace and harmony with nature. Great beasts roamed the wilds, magical and natural, large and small. All were fearsome, but majestic, and peaceful. The humans of Ravia allowed the beasts to roam among them, fearing nothing, for no harm had ever come to them. Men died, but they lived long and fruitful lives, and none were surprised by their passing. They never had lack of food or water, and the winters were mild and pleasant.

When the chain broke, everything changed. The beasts whom the men had trusted for centuries turned on them, slaughtering them with ruthless abound. The defenceless humans scattered and fled for their lives. Few places were safe, but some were lucky enough to find refuge, hiding in dark caves, and long-forgotten valleys. It was not much, but at least they could sleep in safety, before venturing out into the harsh wild-lands.

It would be wrong to say that the Ravia thrived during this dark time, they died in the tens of thousands, but those that survived were stronger for it. For the first time in their history they learnt to forage and hunt. They built fires to cook their food, and spun clothes to keep themselves warm. They fortified their homes with simple walls of brick, and crafted stone spears to fight back against the beasts.

It was in this state that Lucas found the people of Ravia, clinging to their survival against an overwhelming threat. He was not born here, but in his early days he was dominated by his wanderlust. He roamed the world, inspired by the rare specimens of beauty he found among the shattered wasteland, remnants of an ancient paradise that were rapidly slipping from his grasp. He wandered the land in search of some way to reverse the process, and in Ravia he found it. The populace were small in number, and despite their advances, they were nearing extinction, but the devastation that scarred their land was not absoulte, there was still great potential. It was not much, but it was a start. After decades of wandering, Lucas settled down, and made himself a home.

That was two-hundred years ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The hall was silent, as Chief Rowin, leader of the Black Ridge Tribe strode down it's centre. He was a proud man, his tribe was strong, and had a long history of spirituality. It was this faith that made the Black Ridge tribe the last independent tribe in all of Ravia. When his people had first told him of Lucas, he had thought them fools; What mortal man would dare to call himself a god?

Today Rowin's opinion was no different. As he reached the foot of Lucas throne, he turned up to face him. Lucas was seated high above him, on a throne of fine stone, clothed in coloured wool, and adorned with a stone crown. The man was clearly self-obsessed, his display mocked his entire tribe, declaring them inferior before him.

Rowin's people respected their ancestors, appreciated the sacrifices they had made to get the tribe where it was today, they held festivals in honour of their dead, and burnt offerings in their name. Lucas did nothing of the sort, he spoke kindly of the dead, but that was all he did, spoke words, without meaning or substance. Every word that came out of his mouth was a lie, another trick to deceive his populace into following him. It was obvious, yet somehow, this con-artist had managed to earn the respect of every tribe in the whole of the Ravia plains. One-by-one, they had swore their allegiance to his crown.

Rowin had resisted as long as he could. The winters were harsh, and Lucas ruthless massacre of the beasts of the plains only drove more into Rowin's land, but the people of Black Ridge were strong and determined folk. Lucas offered help several times, but the price was too high. Rowin would not sacrifice his people's independence to make their lives simpler.

In the end however they were defeated not by winter, or the beasts, but by a plague. The source of the contagion was unknown, If Rowin had believed for an instance in Lucas divinity, he would have blamed him, but he did not. Perhaps it was an ancient plague, or a new one, it mattered little, beside that the majority of Black Ridges Men lay dying. With winter approaching, extinction was on the horizon, and there was nowhere else to turn.

"In the name of Tribe Black Ridge, I rescind all claims to my leadership over my land and people, granting them to you; Chief Lucas of all of Ravia"

Lucas smiled, looking down on Rowin

"Thank you. Our men will depart immediately, to clear your borders of monsters, and restore your people to strength. I am glad you've finally seen reason, I wish it could have been before his plague killed so many of your people. Only a year ago you commanded a larger army than any of my chiefs. I could use a general who commands such respect.

"You think I would command your armies for you? Ha! You dishonour yourself. A true chief leads his men from the front lines. He doesn't cower in his home like a child."

Lucas sneered, jumping down to the ground beside Rowin. Standing straight, he was in fact, smaller than the former-chief, but he stared straight up into the man's eyes, with a malevolent glee that made him shudder for a moment.

"You would do well not to insult me, Rowin. You hold no power any-more, I am chief, and every man here follows my bidding. I will not have you mocking me, after the centuries of effort I have put into reuniting the people of this land. I do not need your consent. I will see the last of the beasts, purged from their dark hiding places. I will see our land restored to it's former glory, better than the paradise of the ancient times. I will see our people grow strong, and take their place as the greatest people in all the world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lucas idly glanced over the councilmen assembled before him. Each was a tribal elder, former chief or respected warriors. Lucas would have preferred to have been able to pick his advisor's himself, but this arrangement was necessary, to appease the clans that still disapproved of his rule.

"What's the last item on the agenda?"

"Our scouts have returned from the mountains, they found Flint and Basalt in great quantities as you said they would."

"Ah excellent. How long will it take to set up a proper quarry?"

"Actually, we've run into a bit of trouble there. There's a tribe of beasts in the area. They claim the mountains are theirs, and refuse to grant us access. You told us to run through any beasts we encountered, but these ones are clearly intelligent..."

"You made the right decision General. Send a representative to meet with them and discuss terms. I don't want to see any unnecessary bloodshed. Is that all?"

"Yes"

"Very well then. It's been a long week, and I need a break. You're all dismissed"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sunset over the horizon as Lucas carefully applied the last scratching of chalk to his work. He took a step back to review it, and smiled. The last piece of the chain would only get more beautiful as it approached, but five hundred years is a long time to wait for a good painting. No harm in painting it early, particularly on a day with such a radiant sunset.

Lucas left the chalk in the cave, trusting the local wildlife not to disturb his work, and began the walk back home. He'd only allowed himself to take a one day-break, but it had been quiet relaxing. Now he needed to return home, and get back to business. His people had finally risen out of the carnage, and were becoming important. Now would be a good time to see what all the other gods had been up to.

To the people of Yalu
"Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, you seem to be kind, and compassionate folk. I would be honoured, if you would grant me the right to send an envoy to meet with your leaders, and learn more about your culture and society."

To the People of Luna
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, the night holds some of the most serene beauties of the world. I would be honoured, if you would grant me the right to send an envoy to meet with your leaders, and discuss an alliance between our people.

To People of Gruul
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Imperialism. I have watched your people for sometime, your martial skill, and physical might is truly something to behold. I wish my people to meet yours, and form an alliance, so that we might crush our enemies before us.

To the People of Niobe
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, your ingenuity and creativity is something I aspire to see in all my people. I would be honoured to send an envoy to meet with you, and form a friendship, such that the world might be made richer.

To the People of Azemin
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, you are honourable and noble. The respect you show one another is something I aspire to see in all my people. I would be honoured to be granted the right to send an envoy to meet with you, and form a friendship, such that law and order is brought to all corners of the earth.

To the People of Kel-Toth
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Imperialism. I have watched your people for sometime, your grasp of science is truly impressive. I would be honoured to have the privilege of sending an envoy to meet your leaders, and establish a friendship between our people.

To the People of Takeshi
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Imperialism. I have watched your people for sometime, your resilience and determination is awe-inspiring. I wish to meet with your people, and establish an alliance, such that this new world, born of destruction, might be made strong.

To the People of Chouvrian
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, the strength of will necessary to survive in such a harsh land is inspiring. I would be honoured to have the privilege of sending an envoy to meet with your people, and establish a friendship between our nations.

To the People of Vandern
Greetings. I am Lucas, Chief of Ravia, and God of Beauty. I have watched your people for sometime, and know well the beauty of a cold winters morning. I would be honoured to have the privilege of sending an envoy, to meet with your people, and establish a friendship between our nations.

Murska
2012-04-13, 05:42 PM
Tanai, the Trickster

The people here were a strange mixture, nomads in part, fishers and tradesmen. They had settlements, semi-permanent ones, but as the fancy took them they would move. This, and their other quirks, mirthful nature and cunning ways made them close to Tanai's heart.

And so, he had oft' visited the only permanent landmark and location in the area, at the foot of a ring of mountains, largest of them named the Raven Peak for the birds living there. It was a Sanctuary, and a Hideout, a Home and a Citadel. It was the place where everyone met when they had to meet, where everyone moved when they had to flee and a place everyone knew to be their own. The clearest distinction between Tanai's people and those of other, neighbouring lands was that those who were the children of the Sanctuary belonged to Tanai.

A large cave had been found, fixed and furnished according to his guidance, and he had ordered a throne of sorts to be carved, a black stone chair in an odd position to the edge of the room. He had placed his spells on it, and proclaimed that whoever sat on that chair was speaking in his name and as the Deity to his people. He was not an oppressive god, leaving people well enogh alone most of the time, but when he imparted advice on his followers it was prudent to listen carefully.

So they had prospered, and with luck and skill, would do so in the future.

Tanai to Chouvrian

A young girl, barely more than a child, wanders through the settlements of your land straight to your seat of power. Mortals stop at their work to glance curiously at a speck of light or an unusual butterfly, then shrug and continue their tasks, forgetting the sight soon after.

When she reaches you, she giggles joyfully.

"Hello, brother. How is your life today?

I heard your message and thought to come by to give a greeting. Peaceful meetings and relations are the cornerstone of prosperity and growth, no?

Maybe we should have our proud warrior clear the routes and paths between our homes so we may more easily meet and talk and laugh and sing, and of course trade. It would bring much good to all our peoples, I'm sure - I intend to posit the matter to our sibling Vandern to hear his thoughts. Life is sometimes harsh and cruel and good friends make it all better."

Tanai to Vandern

A sudden gust of wind passes through your villages, or so it appears to mortals. You make out the figure of a little girl, barely more than a child, approaching your seat of power.

As she spots you she laughs happily and waves.

"Brother Vandern! How have you been?

I think you also heard the message from our sibling Chouvrian. I thought to be more personal and go on a tour of the continent, and of course the homes of my two dearest friends are topping the attraction list.

But the snow and forests and untravelled wilderness between your home and mine, they are tough to travel and dangerous, too. I think our two peoples should be able to meet and talk, sing and dance together to realize that they're both the same, and of course to trade what goods and skills the other lacks. To this end, would you be willing to work with the brave soldiers of myself and Chouvrian in clearing the paths and roads between us. Working together, they might even make friends, and travel brings growth and prosperity to us all."

Tanai to Niobe

A young, slender man approaches your seat of power, glancing around curiously. None of the mortals appear to pay him any mind, though he is obviously of different stature, complexion and most notably clothing than others - he's clad in a fine deep blue cloak and a shirt and pants made out of a patchwork of green and red.

He looks up at you with his emerald eyes, smiling.

"Hello there, sister Niobe. Long time no see.

I'm here to pay you a little courtesy visit, see what's going on in these parts and such. The threads of Fate tossed us so far apart, and since you're my most favourite sister in the whole world I wish we can guide our followes across the oceans soon so they can meet, dance and laugh together.

Oh, but I've also got a proposal. If you'd like to listen, I would suggest that by putting our strengths together we might create something interesting in this world. If we ask a few of our siblings, like maybe Lucas and Luna, we could bring to life a race of beings after our own nature - people of Fey, of nature, forests and springs and beautiful moon-lit nights. They could captivate the imagination of the mortals we guide, protect them against forces of those who would harm them and help them use the resources available wisely, to bring prosperity and growth to all.

What do you think?"

Tanai to Lucas

A slender young woman with long, raven-black hair walks to your capital, heading to the seat of your power. None of your mortal followers seem able to notice her passing, though some curiously glance her way as though some trick of light were deceiving them.

Waving already from afar she boldly strides forth. With a beautiful smile and a flash of emerald eyes she looks up at you.

"My dearest brother Lucas. I wish these years have met you well.

I'm making some visits to our siblings and of course you near the top of my list, being a great friend whose company I truly appreciate. I wish we can guide our followers across the seas soon, so they can meet and hold a grand feast in celebration of new friendships being formed and new things learned.

Besides, I saw you send messages to almost everyone but me." At this she pouts.

"However, on your part in particular I had a thought I wanted to ask your opinion on. I believe that we, together with some others of our siblings, maybe Luna and Niobe, could put our powers together to create something lasting in this world. A race modelled after each our traits, a race of Fey, living of the nature, that would protect our peoples, captivate the imagination of artists and teach our folk to use their resources right to bring prosperity and wealth to all.

What do you think?"

Tanai to Luna

A visitor appears in your realm during a night of the full moon. A raven approaches your seat of power, unnoticed by your mortal followers.

It lands on the ground near you, morphing into a young, slender man with emerald green eyes and short, black hair.

"Hello, Luna, my dear sister. I'm paying you a little surprise visit, I hope you aren't mad!

I'm touring this world, I intend to talk to all of our siblings at some point, but of course you being one of my best friends and favourite sisters would be at the top of the list. I hope these years have treated you well. We should teach our followers to cross the oceans soon so they can meet in merriment and diversion.

But that's not the only reason I'm here. I had a thought for something that I'm sure you could appreciate, but I need your help. You see, if we, and a few of our other siblings like Lucas and Niobe, were to work together to mold our separate aspects, we could create something interesting. A race of beings, the Fey kind, that live through forests and springs and at night grasp the imaginations of artists and poets. They would protect our people of the dangers of the wild, teach them to use their resources wisely to bring growth and wealth to us all.

What do you think?"

He gives you a beaming smile.

Tebryn
2012-04-13, 06:06 PM
The Rakhine People

The floods had been particularly harsh that year, the monsoon season heavy and present even now as the torrential rain poured from the skies with the crack of lightning and the screaming booms of thunder while the Rakhine people sat huddled around in their stilted huts with what little fire they had and the food they salvaged from the stores. The season had come swiftly with little sign, the clouds were soft and the air quite cool even the night before the first storm. It had taken the Rakhine people totally by surprise, the tribes scattered and many more than likely lost to the mud and water. They roamed the savanna and lands during the hot months, sticking to the shores for their cool costal winds and the fruitful fishing they found there in. They followed the rivers in the fall season and left for the interior of the continent when winter struck. In the spring however they built their stilted homes of wood and reed and baked wood bricks for in the spring the skies did as they were doing now. Many died in the spring, many were lost to the swelling rivers, sucked out to sea or merely drowned in underwater caverns they couldn’t see. Houses collapsed if they were not built well or the tribe hadn’t gathered the material, the start of autumn the time to mourn the entirety of their loss. This was all to say that the life of the Rakhine was brutal, short and fearful as they hunted for food or starved until they managed to find anything to fill their bellies.

But they were a proud people for even as the rain poured down and the skies themselves warred against itself not even a newborn cried, for this was the time that the Rakhine replenished their people because what else was there to do when you couldn’t leave your homes for perhaps even days on end. Chatter and stories swapped the fires places, the crude stone bowls that they sat around with their evening meal when a knock came to the door. This was of course surprising as nothing could reach the huts in the storm that blew about them. The warriors took their spears and were at the ready to fend off what ever beast had been blown to them but when the door swung open nothing could be seen. Nothing at least to the adults for as they struggled with a door one of the young, a boy who had just received his spear and his title of manhood rushed out into the storm with a yell. the clan stood in fear as the boy seemed to pick his way amongst the surest footing, striking with his spear at what ever it was unseen he chased until he reached a massive clearing seemingly at the center of the maelstrom. None could move, stunned further by the boys miraculous ability to have survived. And it was a miracle in any terms, that unseen thing a mote of molten fire that danced about unhindered by the storm and it had stopped at the large swathe of saturated and muddy though otherwise untouched land. The boy stood for a long time in the rain, drenched to the bone though otherwise unharmed before turning and picking his way back seemingly at random back to his home. All around him stood to the side for it was clear the boy was not merely mortal or perhaps was led by hands unseen to have survived not merely one trip but two. Silence dominated the hut as the hunters closed the door, all in wait for what the boy would say. “We do not move in the fall.” he whispers, glancing about his family and clan. “We build.”

The hut fell silent once more, only the lightning outside and it’s ever faithful thunder echoing behind it replaced the sound. In the weeks following more and more young boys just after they had received their adult titles and hunting spears began to travel the storm wracked river lands between the various clan homes spreading the news that they would not be moving in the fall. A change was coming to the Rakhine people though only the children knew that the hand of something greater was behind it all. In time they would share the knowledge but only when the glowing orb of molten fire thought it was best.

To Lucas: If you can reach us, we will be happy to share our fires.

razovor
2012-04-13, 07:08 PM
Lucas, The Artist

With their lands safe for the first time in decades, the Ravia have begun to teach themselves the art of farming. They're not very good at it, but their tenacity and determination to learn is obvious, from the hundreds of acres of farmland that have already been planted.

It is through these fields of golden corn that a Ravian military unit marches. With the road network still in it's earliest stages, the unit has no choice but to trample the perfect seedlings underfoot. Apart from the farmers, few people live this far away from the main settlement, but the unit sees a couple on it's journey. Most stand to the side, understanding the necessity for their crops to be ruthlessly destroyed, or at least, not willing to complain to armed men.

As they cross into the next field however, the unit is called to halt. A scruffy man stands in front of them, scythe in hand, blocking their path. The Captain of the unit draws his stone spear, and addresses the man.

"Stand aside citizen. Our business is of national concern"

"You just trampled right through my crops! I spent days planting that field, and now you want to do the same thing again. Why can't you just walk around!?"

"We'll have to go through someone's crops, lest we take a several hour detour, and avoid the farmland entirely. We can't afford that kind of delay. We're already late as it is."

One of the men at the back of the unit spoke up, a young man, clearly tired after a day of forced marching.

"Surely there isn't that much of a rush. I'm sure the men wouldn't mind waiting for us another day."

The captain turned to scream at the young man.

"Did I ask your opinion, private?! No? Then shut up. I am the commanding officer here, and I won't have insubordination from my men."

He turns back to the farmer.

"Move aside, now!"

The farmer pauses for a moment, thinking. He opens his mouth to talk, but is immediately cut off, as the captain stabs him through the chest with his spear.

"He was taking too long. Carry on men."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To Tanai
"It is good to see you again, Sibling. It has been too long since we wandered the planet together."

"The years have been good to me. I've found a purpose, a people to call my own, someone I can protect and guide to greatness"

"I would have sent you a message, but I knew not where to send it. My responsibilities keep me busy, and I have been away from the world a long time. The societies of our brothers and sisters were easy enough to find, but you have always had a talent for keeping things hidden."

"Your proposal sounds interesting, but it is in your nature to deceive, and while I would love to see a race such as that exist in this world, would it not be easier to simply make my own people like that?"

Murska
2012-04-13, 07:20 PM
Tanai to Lucas

"To trick, my friend, not to deceive. That's such a nasty spin on it, don't you think?

Regardless, the purpose in this would be initially the creation of a mighty force to protect our peoples, and secondarily have something in common between them to draw them together. Alone, you could not muster but the bare fraction of the power several of us could wield together.

If you are concerned of the ritual being subverted, I have a solution for this in mind that I can speak of once those who wish to participate are all together. Though it saddens me the lack of trust between brothers and sisters upon this world. But at least meet with everyone who shows even the most passing interest so we can discuss the proposal at greater length together and I can allay everyone's concerns about potential betrayals.

Oh, and my people live in the forests and valleys of the Northeastern continent - the southern coast of it curves into several long peninsulae, and our homes are at the middle one. Do make the time to come by!"

((OOC: It's a waste to use a ceremony on anything less powerful than two major acts worth, of course, and creating a Fey race to protect any of the creators' nations from early attacks, with 4-5 gods participating, would pretty much ensure our safety. Otherwise I'll have to devote Greater Inspiration on Military in case someone plops a race of monsters next to me in the first EoT. And not only is that a waste, it'd be shame for everyone to have to move along the same, protective military path.))

razovor
2012-04-13, 08:14 PM
Lucas, the Artist

To Tanai
"I do not see why it is necessary, but I see no harm in discussing the matter. I would certainly like to see my brothers and sisters again."

"Where and when are we to meet? If you have the time, I'd be glad to show you what I've done here."

Murska
2012-04-13, 08:24 PM
Tanai to Lucas:

"I've plenty of time, and curiosity to spare.

As for the meeting, I'll need to discuss the matter with everyone else first but I can offer my own home to meet, or we can meet here at your settlement, for instance - whatever seems the easiest for everyone involved."

Tanai to Kel-Toth:

A young boy approaches your seat of power, often steering aside to look at things that spark his curiosity. None of your mortal followers appear to be able to see him, though some of them glance at his passing as though deceived by some trick of the light.

When he spots you, he waves cheerfully. "Hello brother. I decided to pay you a surprise visit! It seems you've been doing well for yourself these days, no?

After we got tossed apart, I've missed my siblings, so I thought to go around looking at what everyone's been doing. I hope we can guide our followers over the seas soon enough to meet each other and exchange knowledge and trade."

Tanai to Yalu

A little girl, barely more than a child, wanders into your settlement. The mortals simply feel a cool breeze pass by, or maybe note with passing curiosity the weaving path of a butterfly.

She heads to your seat of power following a meandering path, heading over to look more closely at anything that strikes her fancy.

When she finally spots you, she breaks into a happy grin and waves.

"Brother Yalu! Long time no see!

I thought to pay everyone a quick visit, I've so been missing all of my brothers and sisters since we were thrown apart. I hope we can lead our mortals over the oceans soon to meet each other and laugh and dance and trade and tell tall tales.

How have the years been treating you? It looks like you've gathered a following here."

Tanai to Gruul:

A grown man of noble bearing and countenance walks towards your seat of power. No mortal notes his passing, as he walks straight to you, raising a hand as he spots you.

"Hello, brother Gruul. I hope today finds you well.

I've decided to go on a trip around this world to see for myself what all of my siblings are up to. Looks like you've got yourself a following here already and all, I'm thinking I should probably gather myself some mortals too considering everyone else seems to be doing it.

Nice to see you again, though. Tell me, what is this continent like?"

Tanai to Azemin

A hawk flies far above the desert, its path straight as an arrow. No mortals note its passing, other than as a brief breeze of welcome wind.

It lands near your seat of power, morphing into a young, slender man with black hair and emerald eyes. He raises a hand at you in greeting.

"Hello, brother Azemin. I hope you're doing well for yourself.

I've decided to look around in this world and visit each of our siblings to see what they've been up to. I noticed you seem to have settled in a rather dry area for my tastes, though you do seem to have an impressive following nevertheless.

It's good to see you again in any case, old friend. Care to show me the sights, talk for a while?"

Tanai to Takeshi

A snake slithers past some grass, swimming over a stream here and meandering through a sand-bank there. No mortals notice its passing. It heads straight for your seat of power, then stops as it nears the area and morphs into a man with shoulder-length black hair, travel clothing unlike what the natives can yet produce and flashing emerald eyes.

He waves as he approaches. "Greetings, brother.

I thought to come see how everyone is doing nowadays, and I find you already gathering a group of followers here. Never one to waste time, eh?

Good to see an old friend again, in any case. How have the past few years treated you?"

Madwand
2012-04-14, 06:06 AM
God of All Machines

Kel-Thot was dreaming. Machines of his dreams numbered ten thousand times ten thousand and ten thousand times then thousand, and most of them emited sounds of pleasant "Beep!" and somethimes "Bop!".

Machine God was doing his best to harmonize the melody from the surrounding devices, although the one that sounded like an owl hooting desperately as it was put through a woodchipper was pretty difficult.

Then something attracted his attention. His siblings (design is similiar) were trying to communicate with him.

To Tanai

"Yes, I have quite a good start here. My people know how to construct mudhuts! " he said in pride in voice "but it seems I will need to guide them little, if you want to build ships capable to cross sea.

To Lucas:

OOC: I am sure you need to invent ships and writing to reach my people.:smallbiggrin:

But you can send message directly to Kel-Toth.

Murska
2012-04-14, 09:36 AM
Tanai to Kel-Toth:

"Indeed, though I expect it only to take a few hundred or thousand years more at most. I'm sure my people will have a lot to learn from yours."

Tanai looks around, curious. He carefully prods one of the machines. "What else are you up to? Have you built anything neat recently?"

razovor
2012-04-14, 08:53 PM
Lucas, The Artist

To Kel-Toth
"Ah, Kel-Toth! I assumed these were your people, but I thought it rude to simply say that."

"It's good to hear from you again. How have you been? It really has been rather a long time. I see you've had your own success, in forming a faction for yourself."

"You were always a technological genius, I'm surprised to hear your people don't already have ships. I was going to build an artefact to get my people to yours, but now I know they have you, perhaps it would be better for us to work on something together?"

"Trade is vital for any nation to thrive, but to reach each other, and the other nations of the world, we're going to need to give our people a kick-start. I propose a ceremony, to teach our people how to build ships capable of crossing the ocean, and give them the technological base they'll need to improve the design for themselves"

Tebryn
2012-04-14, 09:54 PM
Takeshi to Tanai

The shattered and glowing man sat in a glowing and shattered throne, the land and sky around him filled with erupting mountains and ever growing glades, rivers of magma and clear water flowing between his feet, the snake perhaps an oddity in such a maelstrom. "A common destruction forces unlikely friends together regardless of their circumstances." he replies, glancing from the eddies of the rivers for but a moment. "The past few years saw the world torn apart. It was loud and violent and yet we are still here. I am happy. You?"

Lizard Lord
2012-04-15, 05:27 AM
Niobe

To Tanai:

Dance you say? Did you invent a new dance? I would love to see a new dance!

Oh! Our own people? Yes that would be lovely! We could make them in all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors! No reason for any two to look the same is there? I will ask the other right away!

Do you think we could invent a new color?

To Lucas: Yes, send your envoy. I just hope he or she or it has all sorts of clever jokes and imaginative stories.

Oh yea, I almost forgot!

Tanai had any idea for us to work together and create a new people! You should help! Cause they'll be new, and they'll be ours, and we can make them into all sorts of different beautiful forms.

Do you think we could invent our own color?

PS: Is your envoy an owl?

To Kel-Thot: You make stuff, yes? We should work together and we could make all sorts of fun stuff. We could make boats that go under water instead of on top of it, boxes that can fit people in them and move up and down mountains, giant metal birds with explosive poop, coconuts with fire inside of them, swords made out of light, pants that can walk on their own, or flying turtles that lay eggs while they fly and when the eggs land the eggs turn into centipedes! All sorts of stuff!

Now you think of some ideas of stuff we could make together.

To Luna: You are moon lady, right? You own that big silvery thing in the night, and sometimes day, sky? I like how you change the shape somewhat and sometimes you make it so it isn't there at all. The having it sneak into the daylight or go in front of the sun are nice touches as well. However, do you think you could do more with it. Maybe sometimes make it a square or triangle? Its, made out of rock, right? Maybe one day you could have it be made of water, or make a second moon made of water and that one can change between square and triangle shape.

Oh yea, that's not why I am writing you. Tanai wants help making a new race and thought you should be asked as well as me and Lucas. I am okay with that as long as they don't all look moon shaped. Though if some look moon shaped that would be alright.

Murska
2012-04-15, 02:27 PM
Tanai to Takeshi

"Couldn't be better! I find we live in interesting times. I wish to learn all about this new world created by the destruction of the old, and of course of those inhabiting it.

Perhaps some day our followers can cross the seas to meet each other. I hope you won't drown many of them when that time comes." He grins.

Tanai to Niobe

"If you wish, we may dance together. There is always something more to creation when it is done together, many minds can invent wonders that no-one alone would think of."

He bows with a flourish and smiles.

"After all, this new realm is for us to play in. We can do anything, be anything we wish.

Oh, and I heard a few of our siblings were late to awaken, two of whom I would also like to invite with us to create our Fey. Silasalis, to breathe into them life and to attune them to nature, and Arkhan for the understanding of the earth that all life comes from, the skill to shape them and the wisdom to create it.

If you have the time, maybe we should go meet them together!"

((OOC: If you want to join in the RP scene with those two, look at the following two spoilers and post your entrance into the scene. I imagine Tanai and Niobe dancing over the continents with the form of a wind to meet them.))

Tanai to Silasalis

A strong gust of wind blows through the land, from the sea towards your seat of power. Suddenly out of the wind drops a slender young man with red-and-green clothes and emerald eyes.

He flashes a smile and waves. "Dear sister! I find you late in this realm! I've already visited most everyone else.

How have you been? I've been talking to our siblings and they seem to be gathering followers to change this world to their own outlooks. I hope together we can create something magnificent.

Speaking of which, I have a little project I've been asking everyone to join - I wish to bring to life in this world a race of Fey creatures, beings of forests and springs and the earth, who would protect our mortal wards against the dangers of the wild and teach them to live in harmony with their surroundings. I think your help would be most crucial to this task - so I ask you to please help us!"

Tanai to Arkhan

A strong gust of wind blows through the area of your seat of power. Suddenly, a young man drops out of the wind, wearing green and red clothing and flashing a smile.

"Hello, brother Arkhan. How have you been?

I've been going around to check on all of our siblings and their work. It's just common courtesy, you know, plus I'm interested. But I thought to ask you in particular to join me and a few others in a ceremony together - I wish to create a race of natural spirits, the Fey, who would protect our mortal followers from any dangers and teach them to use their resources well without destroying what's around them. Would you be willing to join us, to provide the knowledge and skill to shape their myriad forms?"

Copper8642
2012-04-15, 02:35 PM
Azemin

In the desert of the eastern continent, the riverbed holds the only real habitable land. Along its snaking path, the tribes of the desert have established their homes, their mudhuts and their farms. Beyond their villages, there the endless, timeless desert extended beyond sight, just as it always has. Such a place was unforgiving, and strict order was necessary to survive a barren land.

Azemin watched his people, and worried. Though his people's past was one of the order he strictly upheld, other gods, other peoples were beginning to gather and grow. Contact from his brothers, word of their people, it worried Azemin. These other people... they would bring chaos with them. Change. Disorder. His order could be broken. Azemin began to sift the timelines, searching for his preferred future. It would be difficult for him to find, and harder to bring that future about. But Azemin had all of the time in the world.

To Lucas:

You're willing to help maintain the law and order of my land, such assistance will be greatly needed in the coming times. Our people are so far apart, I doubt there is much they can do for eachother, but even mutual goodwill has its benefits.

To Tanai:

The dryness suits my tastes just fine, but to each their own. We may talk awhile, if you wish, but you will notice that there aren't many sights to be seen yet. These people are only beginning. Aside from the endless sand dunes, the rivers, and the soil where those two meet, there only exists my people and their primitive dwellings. If you wish to speak, then tell me what you wish to speak of.

Murska
2012-04-15, 02:50 PM
Tanai to Azemin

"It's more of a courtesy visit than anything else. We should always talk to each other, meet and trade stories lest we forget that we're of the same kin, and end up causing each other harm.

Our people are located far apart, but knowing what I know and seeing what I've seen among the various people of this realm I feel they will meet eventually. I hope this will happen in a peaceful manner, that we can trade stories and knowledge and culture. And so this is... laying the groundwork, you know? Everyone should know that everyone is welcome at my home."

Zemalac
2012-04-15, 02:59 PM
Chouvrian
Sepulcher Eleemosynary

To Tanai

There was a place where an old man was not, standing by the mountainside grave. He smiled at the girl, face crinkling like paper around his eyes.

"Of course, little sister," he said. "The doing of it may take some time, of course, but time is one thing we have in abundance. My people are lonely on their mountains--they could do with friends who are not wolves."

To Lucas

Of course, if you truly believe your envoy can reach us across sea and mountain. We would be happy to welcome someone capable of surviving such a journey.

Murska
2012-04-15, 03:25 PM
Tanai to Chouvrian:

"Yeah, and we'll all learn from each other.

Now, as for the details, take a look at this..."

She waves her hands in the air and forms a crude map of the continent out of coloured light.

"My people can clear the way to the plains here in the middle, they've visited that area during their hunts. Vandern can likely join us mid-way, so we go around these middle mountains. But the problem is this group of hills between your home and ours - do you think you could forge a path through some canyon or another and meet us beyond?"

((OOC: I propose spending our + Mil and + Eco, maybe also Mag and Kno, on the first turn on forming this trade route between the three of us on this continent. I don't think we can gain any growth by putting our meagre points into any of our own projects, but together we might be able to gain something.))

To GM:

As Tanai flies across the seas and oceans on his tour of the world, he keeps a mindful distance to the Sundered Isles and Sanctum. However, on the return trip he edges closer, overcome by his curiosity.

Gazing over the water, he decides to sneak a peek at the only corner of the world off-limits to him. And so, in the shape of wind, he flies over the area, keeping a high altitude for now but moving slower every time interesting sights and wonders come to view.

Zemalac
2012-04-15, 03:45 PM
Chouvrian to Tanai

The old man laughed. "Those hills?" he asked. "Compared to these mountains, they are all but prairie. My children should have no trouble navigating them. Finding a pass suitable for traders to cross with their packs and caravans, now, that will be the tricky part."

OOC: Agreed. My only concern would be that we might be too far apart to do anything like that on turn 1--we don't even have borders or cities yet, just individual tribes.

Tebryn
2012-04-15, 03:52 PM
Tanai to Takeshi

Perhaps, perhaps not. The sea is not only mine to oversee. If they make it across it won't be with my aid or hindrance. But it will come soon, mortals are clever.

Murska
2012-04-15, 03:52 PM
Tanai to Chouvrian

"Well, at first there won't be so many goods to carry and later on the path will be well-travelled. Maybe in the future we can shape the land ourselves if need be."

((OOC: Well, even stone-age people managed long trips. I really see it as a start, a connection between our peoples, rather than a ten-lane blacktop highway with 24/7 traffic. Maybe a few trade caravans a year - a chance for some genetic as well as cultural exchange and so on. Hopefully we'll have friends and relatives in each other's clans over time.))

Tanai to Takeshi

"True. I'm already trying to foster contact between the peoples of my own continent, it won't be long until they reach the others. I just hope it'll be a peaceful meeting."

Tebryn
2012-04-15, 04:05 PM
Tanai to Takeshi

It is doubtful they will all be peaceful, in fact it is likely that in time most will fall to war. There is we can do to avoid this however. Gods will bicker and fight and I fear for this. Destruction without creation is a worthless exercise.

razovor
2012-04-15, 04:34 PM
Lucas

To Niobe
Owls? Thats actually quite a good idea, or at least something similar. I'll have to work on that.

For now though, I am only chief of men, and they will have quite a bit of difficulty crossing the ocean. I simply wished to ask for permission in advance, I'm sure it won't take them too many decades.

Tanai has spoken to us about these 'fey'. I am not sold on the issue. Why must I make a new beautiful thing, when there is still room to improve my people?

To Azemin
I look forward to the day when our people cross the oceans, and finally have a chance to meet.

To Chouvrian
We'll give it our best shot. It'll take a few decades at least, but it's nice to know we'll be welcome when we arrive.

To GM
It seems a number of the gods are planning to work together and make a new race of fey. Lucas will probably help them, because a friendship with the fey will make them easier to subjugate in the future. Would there actually be any mechanical bonus to being their friend though? Slightly less effort required to increase our influence over them?

Murska
2012-04-15, 04:51 PM
Tanai to Takeshi:

"I'm sure there will be wars and conflict. However, the important thing, and one of the reasons I'm travelling, is that us gods remember we are siblings and kin. We should work together to make this world what it can be, and not impede each other. Maybe old friendships, like ours, can cool tempers and heal hurt feelings in the future to prevent overmuch devastation."

Tebryn
2012-04-15, 08:32 PM
Tanai to Takeshi

If you call on me for help I will come, I will trust you that far brother however we know each other in our place. I will destroy and you will mislead if it shall amuse. Do you think any would listen to the pair of us? Or would it be better to merely protect one another should others come to blow? Take them out when they rage and heal the damage after?

Murska
2012-04-15, 08:41 PM
Tanai to Takeshi:

"I may have my quirks and games, but in the end I advocate common sense in our common dealings. There is no room for malevolence. You destroy, but you create, and those acts are in careful balance - someone who is not accustomed to this balance could do far worse damage through that ignorance.

I will do my best to keep all of our siblings within acceptable bounds of behaviour. But if things come to blows, well, I never was the most powerful one. I'll protect my people and those of my friends who are innocent of the battle to the best of my ability. I'll help you if you get attacked, but not if you attack.

If that is acceptable, I'll be happy to call you an ally of mine under this sky."

Tebryn
2012-04-15, 09:41 PM
Takeshi to Tanai

I accept those terms. We shall see who throws the first blow.

Copper8642
2012-04-16, 10:17 AM
Azemin

To Tanai:

I admit, I would do well to hold less suspicion of my brothers and sisters. If I have your word that our relations can be peaceful, then I can agree to keep in touch. However, I'm aware of the strength of your word, Tanai, and even a peaceful interaction between our people can do a lot to change the order that mine have worked so hard to attain. I wish all of us siblings could coexist amicably in this world, but I can so no such future. I agree to everything you said, but hope it's also what you meant. Do not cross me.

To Takeshi:

Though it is you who causes the sandstorms in the desert I try so hard to maintain, I still believe peace can be had between our people. The inevitability of the storms has been a constant throughout all of time, you are not an enemy of mine. Please, sit with me, that we may discuss peace between our people.

To Kel-Toth:

Though there are those among our brothers and sisters I am suspicious of, some who I trust, an actively beneficial relationship only seems possible with a few. Kel-Toth, as time moves on, the races of this planet make impressive progress; I can only believe much of it is because of you. I believe a strong alliance could be in our future. Your thoughts on the matter are of great interest to me.

Murska
2012-04-16, 10:36 AM
Tanai to Azemin:

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. You know me - I may play tricks but I'm never malevolent.

Though I do think you'd do better to lighten up a little. This life isn't so serious, it's all just a game, you know, with us as the players and our people as the stat points. There's not much point to life if you don't relax and have fun and take some things as they come."

Tanai to Takeshi:

"I know I can count on you. I hope there'll never be a time when I'll have to prove to you the same on my part.

But serious time over! Could you show me around?"

Unless there is more you wish to say, Tanai will spend a couple days around and then say bye, flying out to the next god to visit.

ArcaneStomper
2012-04-16, 10:57 AM
Vandern
In the Northern Mountains
It wasn't much to look at. Not even a pile of stones forming an altar, just a small cave with a solid wooden door. The path to it was not easy either. Pilgrims were garantueed at least one, and usually many more, blizzard on their trek to the shrine. But they knew that that was just a test. Vandern had no special priests or speakers. Any who wanted could make the trek, and if they managed to survive they could speak with the Lord of Winter. Just doing so was enough to earn the respect of all the tribes. And many times valuable information could be gleaned as to the coming duration and strength of the next winter. A few exceptionally worthy pilgrims had even been blessed by the Frost Lord for their efforts.

It wasn't much, but the North Tribes didn't ask for much. They were a rugged independent lot. Farming their small plots where the soil was rich enough. Going out on the icy sea to fish, watching their sheep. Everything they did was both to survive and to prove they were worthy of survival. Both they and their god preferred it that way.

Vandern to Chouvrian
My people will not attack. Why would they. There is plenty of room on this land for everyone and enough to do ensuring their own survival that they would have no need to fight elsewhere.

The Chiefs of the North to Lucas
If your envoy can travel to us we will accept him. If he can survive the winter we will welcome him.

Vandern to Tanai
"An acceptable goal, but why clear paths through the mountains. It is closer to instead clear paths to the sea, and let the ocean form our roads for us."

Gunther
2012-04-16, 11:44 AM
Arkhan

And so, on the first day, Arkhan had found his followers. Peoples of the Southern Continent, those who rode their lives upon the conservation of balance. Peoples who lived in scarcity and worked to maintain an equilibrium between life and death. Constant conservation of water, food, land, blood, even breath itself. That was how they lived: Balance. And it was Arkhan who would empower these people, shaping their future into that of beings who could not only appreciate, but also properly maintain the delicate balance that presided over the world. For if existence were left unchecked, then only total chaos would rule. Thus was the duty charged unto them- and thus was the duty Arkhan now laid the foundations to complete.

Murska
2012-04-16, 01:15 PM
Tanai to Vandern

"By sea it would be a long trek, as the northern coast of this continent doesn't hold suitable sites to land at, no coves but hard rocky cliffs. And our people don't have the technology for long and dangerous trips. The river flowing down the peninsula to my home is of course a great road for us to speed our travels, but to that river I think it would be more efficient to clear a land-based road for now, at least until true ships can be built that can brave harsh winds and currents.

Though your idea has merit, for if we can construct rafts and barges that can pass along the coast, the distance from your home to the river leading to mine would be shorter."

As she speaks, she waves her hands and creates a map woven out of light into the air to visualize her thoughts.

((OOC: Details can probably be left fuzzy, but I'm thinking all of us in the north should use our + Mil and + Econ as well as probably + Mag and Kno on forming a trade route between us all. Individually our meagre points probably won't be enough for any growth, but together we could probably gain something. And it'd be much more interesting to roleplay if our mortals could meet each other as well.

Chouvrian has already agreed to this.))

Tebryn
2012-04-16, 05:15 PM
Takeshi to Azemin

We do what we do, it is the nature of our being. But I am not an enemy of yours or at this moment any other. Our people can live in peace as we live in peace. Who are your enemies? We do not share this land between just us two.

Takeshi to Tanai

I myself have no walked this continent...I would be loathe to step across their land but I can take you through my lands if it would please you brother.

Zemalac
2012-04-16, 06:21 PM
Chouvrian to Vandern

I never meant that you might, I just wanted to have some sort of agreement up before our peoples ran into each other.

That said, what do you think of our sibling Tanai's proposal? Worn paths between our tribes would be a good thing to have.

Forum Explorer
2012-04-17, 04:25 AM
Luna of the Night

Luna's people were celebrating the rising of the full moon for now was a time of peace and plenty. They had long avoided the troubles of the other tribes through the blessing of their goddess and living in a wonderful location. The weather was mild year long and they were isolated from any invaders. And so they made sure to praise the goddess who had lead them here. They followed her laws and lived in the night so that their goddess could watch over and protect them from all dangers

To Tanai
A race of Fey? Seems to be a worthy addition to this world. Perhaps we shall aid you in the creation

To Niobe
What did you have in mind? We are not so vain as to craft an entire race in our image.

To Lucus
What intentions do your people have towards mine?

Ladorak
2012-04-17, 08:05 AM
Tanai:
Sorry, I can't allow the flying spying thing. I renders esp redundant.

Lucas:
The benefit of creation depends on what's created. Creating a militant race would mean it might be willing to come to your aid or assist you in battle. A magical race might join in research projects with you. It also means it's a great deal easier to interact with the race. However remember this is not a permanent state, if they feel mistreated or if another turns them against you then... well, you get the idea.

Murska
2012-04-18, 07:30 AM
To GM:

All right.

Tanai to Luna:

"I knew I could count on you, sister.

I have talked to several others and they have agreed to join, so I'll ask everyone to meet at my home to discuss the details and prepare the ceremony when the moon is next full."

Tanai to Niobe, Lucas, Silasalis, Luna and Arkhan

((OOC: After the roleplayed discussions with each of you, if you agree to help with the creation of the Fey, Tanai will invite you to discuss the details of the ceremony at his home during the next full moon. If not, ignore this message and any future ones on the topic.))

Those of you who have accepted should easily find your way to a large clearing in the middle of the forest near Tanai's home, in part thanks to helpful lights in the air guiding your way. If you do follow them, you may be left slightly confused of the exact location of the clearing as they don't seem to follow the most direct or easy-to-approach path - regardless, it's not that hard to find even if you ignore the lights.

Tanai stands in the middle of the clearing in the form of a young man with short black hair and red-and-green clothing with a green cape that he has drawn around himself.

"Greetings, dear friends, and welcome."

Gunther
2012-04-18, 10:18 AM
Arkhan

Tanai
Arkhan would have responded to the fellow god promptly. The god, wrapped in no small amount of percolating energy, would have stared at the emissary with two burning orange eyes through the thick haze of building power.

"A race that will stand watch and ensure a positive direction of time's advancement."

There was a brief pause before Arkhan spoke again.

"I shall contribute a major boon to your ritual. My own followers shall have need of allies in the coming times, once they have been suitably changed to fit my designs. Do you have any other requests besides this?" He asked, those same burning eyes staring through the haze, which lessened considerably as he prepared his contribution.

His arrival at the ritual area would have been similar to his presence in his own area: A haze of divine energy perpetually surrounding him. At the presence of other gods, he would have considered the situation carefully.

"You understand that with each additional variable, there is a greater risk of corruption of the ceremony's result?"

Murska
2012-04-18, 11:01 AM
Tanai to Arkhan

"Well, I'm here to find out what you've been doing. I see you have a sizeable following already. Perhaps you could show me around the land, and we could discuss what paths we intend to tread in the future.

It's likely our followers will meet eventually as they learn to cross the seas. We should both make sure that meeting is peaceful."

Tanai to Arkhan during the Meeting (Visible to those who were given and accepted the invitation)

His arrival at the ritual area would have been similar to his presence in his own area: A haze of divine energy perpetually surrounding him. At the presence of other gods, he would have considered the situation carefully.

"You understand that with each additional variable, there is a greater risk of corruption of the ceremony's result?"

"Each one also adds to the power of the ritual. But as for the corruption, I've thought of that, after a certain someone mentioned the issue of trust.

I have a solution that I hope will suit you all. We will either vote for, or if it so pleases you draw lots, on one of us to be chosen as the Guardian of the ritual. As you all should know, a ceremony will fail if more than one of those present attempts to corrupt it.

So, this Guardian is given the task of making some minor change to our mutual plans during the ritual, something the type of which, though not exact form, we'll all agree on beforehand. If someone else other than the Guardian attempts to alter our design, the ceremony will fail. As he is given this task and this leeway, the Guardian shall be the one to supply half of the necessary power into the ritual (a Major Act). As Arkhan has already volunteered to supply half, he will be exempt if he is chosen, and so we will have to decide the other half among ourselves - I can do it if we get no volunteers.

Therefore, all we need is one of those present we can all trust. If you can't find that, you can not work with anyone, so the power you put into this Ceremony, and the power you'd lose if it gets corrupted, would be useless to you anyway as it can only be used in conjunction with others.

Put your votes carefully, so there'll be no takebacks or accusations of foul play afterwards."

TsukikoJ
2012-04-18, 01:49 PM
Gruul

Crouching behind a rock formation, an orc boy watches a wolf devour its kill. He had been careful to approach the scene downwind to take the creature unawares. The orc propels himself forward, his muscles bulging as he moves in to make the strike; his species had been created to be natural fighters and hunters. In response to the hulking creature barreling towards it, the wolf turns and readies itself to protect its kill, teeth bared. A few feet from the wolf, the orc boy jumps in the air and draws his spear back. The body of the wolf crumples as the orc brings the spear down, driven through its flesh by his combined strength and weight. The boy pulls a sharp tool from his belt and cuts the wolf's heart out, taking it back to his village as a token of the feat.

Arriving back at the village, the orc boy approaches the High Shaman's hut. He kneels before the fire in the center of the hut, presenting the wolf's heart to the elderly shaman. "High Shaman, I have passed the test. I am ready to join the ranks of the Berserkers."

The next night, the orc boy presented himself in front of the Shaman Council and the captains of the Berserkers. In front of the tribal fire, he was made to devour the wolf's heart that he had slain while the shamans chanted prayers to Gruul. Afterwards, he pledged his life to the service of Gruul's cause.

Tanai
"You," says Gruul when he first sees his sibling approaching. "I'm surprised you're here." Gruul had always viewed the Trickster with contempt. As a god of war, he had no admiration for the Trickster's sneaking and manipulations. There was no need for sneaking when one could simply crush their enemies through brute force. "You're welcome to come visit my people, though I'm sure you won't find anything you enjoy here."

OOC: I'm not actually against being friendly with you or anything. RP-wise, it just makes sense that Gruul wouldn't approve of Tanai's methods. :smalltongue:
GM:
I am interested in creating goblins that compliment my orc faction. I know creating a friendly race doesn't mean it's under my control though... just that it's friendly. What is your stance on creating them as a monster race and bringing them under the control of my people through conquest? I don't want to exploit the system, but I am wondering about the mechanics of making the goblins very high TECH but low MIL and putting them right next to me. In other words, easy targets for conquest. Then their TECH would be mine but more importantly.. I have a goblin/orc faction for role play!

Murska
2012-04-18, 01:58 PM
Tanai to Gruul

((OOC: Well, I haven't done much manipulation yet. And technically, war is more about intel than about brute force. :smalltongue:
But having good relations with everyone would just be boring, right?))

"It's always interesting to see different ways of walking the path of life. It's a harsh land with many threats for the worthy to overcome, one way or another.

Have you met your neighbours on this continent yet? What do you think of them - your people will most likely end up in a conflict with them eventually, after all."

TsukikoJ
2012-04-18, 02:14 PM
Gruul - Tanai
OOC: I just assume our gods know something about each other. And Gruul would look at Tanai with mistrust. Too cunning and sneaky for his taste. :smalltongue: Gruul is god of war, so he does preside over calculated warfare, honorable warfare, etc. but I'm RPing him in a way where he gets particular enjoyment out of mindless bloodshed. :smalltongue:

"Let us hope so. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't fight somebody. Two of them have reached out to me so far. I am surprised the others have not. I'm not the most popular of our brothers and sisters, but I'd think they would want to be on good terms with me for the sake of their people," says Gruul flatly.

Murska
2012-04-18, 02:20 PM
Tanai to Gruul

"I assume they've figured they've nothing to say to you, and are instead preparing alliances amongst themselves to be ready when your inevitable assault comes."

Copper8642
2012-04-18, 02:53 PM
Azemin to Takeshi:

I have no enemies as of now, but I am wary of Gruul. His ways are strange to my people, his presence may disrupt the law I try to bring. I am also wary of Niobe, but not as much. It's not that I see her as malicious, just... flighty. I doubt she can be counted on.

razovor
2012-04-18, 06:10 PM
Lucas, The Artist

Lucas at the meeting
Lucas strolls into the meeting area, garbed as a tribal chieftain. He is bare-topped, with a crown of polished marble atop his head, a cloak of fine black fur fastened about his neck, and a diamond-tipped spear in his left hand. His face is shaven, and his hair is a smooth black.

"That sounds like a very good solution. I vote in favour of Luna being our Guardian."

Tebryn
2012-04-18, 07:25 PM
Takeshi to Azemin

I see...we shall keep an eye on them yes? Kel-Toth worries me in fact. Technology is a danger and I feel he will wish to expand and destroy us. Our people can live in peace together but he is certainly the enemy of this continent.

Takeshi to Gruul

I am glad to see you awake. There are many on this continent but I trust our people can live in peace. I will ease the storms on your lands for this concession.

Lizard Lord
2012-04-18, 08:27 PM
Niobe:

To Lucas: Because they'd be NEW!

At the meeting: Since gods don't dream Niobe cannot think of a form she would prefer to take and so she would arrive at the meeting appearing as an amorphous purple cloud. The funny thing is, though it had no true form, everyone in the room thought it looked like something different every time. Of course clouds are like that.

"My brothers and sisters I am glad to have joined to on this project to truly show just how wonderous and powerful of a thing imagination can be as we work together to invent a new color.

Oh, and also invent a new people. And maybe a new moon if sister Luna shows up to discuss it. What do the rest of you think of a square moon.

Oh, we can make the new race's skin the new color, and give them the same name.

I would like to power the other half of the ritual to add the wonders of pure imagination to the ritual.

Also I would like to discuss the possibility of each member of this race being born different. If not a different form than different abilities. Perhaps we can each add one magic ability to that we wish to grant this species and each member will be born with a random ability from the pool. I know Brother Arkhan wants them to be guardians of time, but it wouldn't be fair if that was all they were. This way, no matter how else it turns out, each of us will be shown through these people. What do you say?

Ladorak
2012-04-19, 07:38 AM
Gruul:
You can do what you described in your last message to me.

Zemalac
2012-04-19, 09:10 PM
Chouvrian

To Tanai, Vandern, Gruul, Takeshi

My little sister told me a rumor of a Summer Court of fae taking shape. While such a thing is all well and good, protecting the peoples of the world from nature and turning days to warm and pleasant things, it also creates something of an imbalance in the structure of the world. Where there is a Summer Court, there must be a Winter Court; Seelie Fae must be balanced by Unseelie.

Come, my siblings; come, my friends. Let us create our own fae, things of air and darkness, with blades of ice and shadow. The balance must not tip too far towards summer, lest our people forget the harshness of the world. It is no kindness that the summer fae would be doing to the mortals, were they to stand unopposed. Placing protectors and nurturers between our people and the threats of the world will do more harm than good, I think. The way to raise a wolf is not to smother it in blankets, but to thrust it upon the frozen mountains and force it to live.

OOC: I know we'd batted this idea around via PM (or at least a couple of us had), but the conversation seemed to have died down. Thought I'd bring it to the thread, because I really liked the idea.

Tebryn
2012-04-19, 10:44 PM
Takeshi To Tanai, Vandern, Gruul, Chouvrian

OOC: I messaged the offerer but forgot to mass it. I'm in for it. A rich dicotomy between Nurture/Nature Gods seems a much more interesting divide than between Chaos/Law or Good/Evil

"I agree, you will have my assistance in this. Perhaps in time we brave few can speak of further cooperation and aid. I will direct my people in the knowledge of this Winter Court for above all others they know the harshness of this world. I would have nothing less."

Murska
2012-04-20, 04:09 AM
Tanai to Takeshi, Vandern, Gruul, Chouvrian

"I am interested, of course, as to how your creation will take shape. However, my own powers are for now in use, so I cannot support your actions directly."

ArcaneStomper
2012-04-22, 01:42 AM
Vandern

To Chouvrian, Tanai
I agree. I will instruct my people to begin building rafts to carry them south and contact your people making trails as they go.

To Tanai, Takeshi, Gruul, Chouvrian
I will have to consider this in further detail. But I agree with the goal. The mortals should be taught the value of individual worth and the skills of survival. Not coddled by a gaurdian race.

Zemalac
2012-04-22, 01:17 PM
Chouvrian

To Tanai, Takeshi, Vandern, Gruul

Excellent. Since we must act now on other matters, however, perhaps we should wait on the creation of the Court.

OOC: EoT's come up, and I feel like we haven't completely agreed on this yet (also, I don't fully understand the ceremony rules, and need to ask some questions about them). As such, we should probably put this off until next turn.

Ladorak
2012-04-27, 07:41 PM
Turn II

The Reavers

The followers of Gruul were the first to feel the coming black whirlwind. From the walls of Fangjaw Fortress a fat blob was spotted lazily drifting over the ocean. By the time it came close enough to be seen in more detail the garrison had been roused and preparations made.

The Dread looked like a gigantic floating brain, but with slimy tendrils extending from below drifting slightly in the breeze and a cruel hooked beak that shone as if polished. It's wrinkled skin pulsed and bulged outward occasionally as it somehow flew slowly onward, making it's way inexorably to the heartland of the Orc's land.

When it came close enough to be in bow range a great flight of arrows darted up into the titanic creature. Against all likelihood one of these arrows not only pieced the beast's thick iron skin but punctured it's buoyancy organ. The huge creature dropped out of the sky like a stone, causing the ground to shake as it came crashing down. Losing all shape the monster spread out into a great pulsing mass that thrashed about with no purpose or direction as it howled in an otherworldly honking scream.

The gates of Fangjaw opened and the Orcish horde charged forth. Many were crushed as they circled the creature, stabbing with stone spears and hammering with wooden clubs. The orgy of violence continued until the Dread died, a fact evidenced by the truly horrid smell that suddenly issued forth. But the attack was not yet done, from the body two score Battlemaidens cut their way free.

Beautiful in an otherworldly way by any human standard, the Battlemaidens stood tall against the onrushing Orcish horde. Each was made as an Amazon, huge and muscled, decked in organic armour that oozed and pulsed not unlike the Dread and wielding wickedly sharp weapons that shimmered with barely restrained magic. Each accounted for many before they fell, all fell.

But Gruul's people were not the only ones so molested. In the lands of Vandern, Tanai, Lucas, Luna and Niobe Dread were also sighted. These others were not as fortunate as the people of Gruul, no chance arrow wounded the Dread, which allowed the strange titanic creatures to distribute their compliments of Battlemaidens precisely where they could to the most damage and allowed them to attack with their great tentacles without fear of response. Many humans were plucked upward to be devoured whole within those cruel beaks, many more fell to the blades of the Battlemaidens.

All seemed lost, yet these gods not not been idle. The Seelie Court responded to these attacks with all due haste. The Royal Fey Navy sailed forth, the battle pendants were unfurled. They added their strength to the peoples of their creators and, although no more Dread were defeated, slew the Battlemaidens or forced them to retreat back to the Dread, the slimy tendrils scooped up the remaining forces and drifted away with the same idle speed with which they had approached.

Everyone attacked by the Reavers gains an extra major act this turn

Avalon

The walls and battlements of Wardstone were stained with the blood of countless Wardens , yet it was as nothing compared to the rivers of Tyrant blood that flowed before those walls. As the siege ground on for months and then years with no progress made despite innumerable costly assaults dissent grew in the Tyrant camp, until an outright rebellion before the walls of Wardstone erupted, it was destine to fail. Master Omadon had retained his position within the Tyrant hierarchy for over 200 years by constant vigilance from such betrayal from those below him or those above him. But the measures taken were necessarily costly, forcing him to withdraw.

The Wardens dogged his heels all the way to Heartrend, yet when the Warden army reached that fell place it also fell back. The three Archdeacons lacked the bloodlust of the Tyrants and the lack of regard for their troops as the Masters and Circle, they knew they lacked the strength to take Heartrend.

The Southern Continent

Huge beasts were seen stalking the lands of Yalu, at first them seemed relatively benign. Those sent to confer with the beasts or study them were killed in swift order, yet this seemed only a product of the monster's territoriality. They did not leave their hunting grounds nor made any attempt on those who lived beyond those borders.

But then came the terrible night the god of peace died. The clouds hid the moon utterly that night, allowing even these huge creatures to approach Yalu's tribe unseen. The slaughter was total, none escaped the massacre.

Technically the Star beasts should be unable to act this turn, but Yalu dropped out so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone

A race of cat people are migrating south toward the lands of Luna.

The Eastern Continent

Nor are the Star Beasts the only strange monsters created by the gods. The alien Ytalpus are given the breath of life and issue forth to menace the peoples of the East.

In the lands of Takeshi the rivers all run dry, threatening to destroy the entire ecology of the region

Strange insectoid creatures are seen east of the lands of Gruul. They seem spindly and weak to the powerful orcs, but only at first. A scout of this new people demonstrated the power of their weapons to an orc patrol. The humanoid insects carry bows without strings, yet they somehow fire something which was described by the orcs as either bolts of lightning or simply of light. The demonstration shattered a boulder into fragments with a single shot, the scout then sent the patrol back with a message demanding the total surrender of the orc tribes.

Meanwhile miners are going missing in the mines of Kel-Toth and the people of Niobe are plagued by nightmares about the Reavers. Strange dark energies are sensed by the gods emanating from the lands of Azemin, though none know what this means nor have encountered such energies before.

Announcements:

Race creation: (It is up to players to provide fluff for their races the turn after their creation WHICH I EXPECT YOU TO DO. The exception is monstrous races, players PM me the fluff and I provide it to provide anonymity

The Fey (Ceremony between Arkhan, Tanai, Lucas, Niobe and Luna) Mil +++++ Navy ++++ Econ ++ Esp ++ Magic +++
The Dwarfs (Arkhan) Mil + Magic + Tech ++
The Arbiters (Takeshi) Mil + Magic +++
The Ytalpus A monstrous race. Possesses ten limbs, a beak, anters, a tail that sprouts great sharp bone spurs and only one eye. Mil +++++ Econ ++ Magic +
The Star Beasts. A monstrous race that possesses 4 forms, those of bears, dragons, scorpions, and wolves, all as huge as giants. Mil +++++ Econ + Esp ++

Realm creation: (Incidentally, people please name your realms and give me information about the types of advantages you desire from your realms if you haven't already)

A perpetual blizzard with a single glacier at the centre (Vandern)
Ravia, a large and beautiful city (Lucas)
The Underworld, a calm place of washed-out greys and sepia tones, where rivers flow slowly and years pass like hours. At the centre there is a palace, a simple place filled with the ghosts of voices and a kindly knowing smile. (Chouvrian)

City creation: (Again, please fluff these in game the turn after their creation.)

Tarenia (Tanai, trade)
Vaturan (Takeshi, holy)
Glavalia (Niobe, holy)
Chirus (Azemin, holy)
Runel (Kel-Toth, Defensive)
Fangjaw Fortress (Gruul, Military)

Artifact creation: (Once again, fluff in the IC please)

The Lunar Sceptre (Luna)

Reavers to Gruul:
This isn't exactly a message to you, it is better described as a thought disseminated amid the hivemind and also shared with you

Fleshthings of Gruul tougher than expected. This one may be worthy. There will be no further attacks for now.

Reavers to Vandern, Tanai, Lucas, Luna and Niobe
This isn't exactly a message to you, it is better described as a thought disseminated amid the hivemind and also shared with you

Fleshthings of the gods weak, they are unworthy, they will be destroyed in time. The gods are unworthy, they rely on the strength of the Changethings, they will be destroyed in time.

Wardens to Gruul, Vandern, Tanai, Lucas, Luna and Niobe
You have our thanks for weakening the Reavers. When we are able it will be far easier to once again hole them up in the Sundered Isles because of your actions.

Your existence is against the natural order, yet your actions show your purpose may yet be benign. The Wardens no longer consider you a threat to the world, but know we will not allow you or yours to step foot on Avalon

New Map

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/RichWheat/map-1.jpg

OOC: You will receive your objectives as well as information regarding battle losses (If any) later, probably during the weekend. I will also update the OP in OOC and IC at that time. Ladorak sleep now :smallsmile:

Murska
2012-04-27, 08:42 PM
Tanai to Wardens

I suppose I can thank you for the consideration. We've no interest in Avalon so far anyway, it's more important to create a living on the edges.

Seeing as the Reavers appear to not really like my people, in case you can use a hand at some point, we'll be ready to fight them.

((Fluff once I have time.))

Origins of Tarenia

The gleaming jewel, the Old City, one of the world's major trade hubs and possessor of much wealth and splendour, Tarenia is a city that has long captured the minds of artists and poets, and filled the coffers of merchants and lords.

But how did it come to be? Even a city such as this has humble origins. As Tanai the Trickster walked the lands of his people for the first time, he took to note that they gained their living off the land by hunting and gathering. This was not his way, and so he gathered a few enterprising individuals on a quest to travel to the other peoples of the continent, and open up trade. As it is always easier to cheat life with a ledger and coin, instead of an axe and a bow.

Over time, these paths grew into real trade routes with caravans of goods and people passing every so often. This development was helped by all the gods in the region, for their own purposes. And Tanai established the city of Tarenia at the mouth of River Tara, for he foresaw the need for overseas travel in the future.

The city began as just a clearing near the river, marked by stones, where a marketplace was held every time a caravan arrived downstream. However, people always celebrated these caravans, and so over time shacks, huts and finally houses began to sprout around the clearing and along the riverbank. It was a good spot for fishing, and as Tanai inspired the people of Tarenia to build larger, seafaring vessels they could even hunt the creatures of the sea farther from the shore.

As craftsmen, fishermen and merchants made their home in the city, it grew very quickly into the only major settlement in the region. By the laws of economics, it became a focal point for the locals, tying them together. The City-State of Tarenia was born, claiming a jurisdiction over the entire region, and after tense diplomacy with the old Sanctuary it even held sway over that site for a long period...

~An excerpt from the History of Tarenia, by scholar Ramos Chadre

Meeting by the Hills

"All right, drag that tree to the side. We'll chop it up later. The road should be finished soon. Be happy, folks - it's the last stretch now!"

Groups of workers scurry around along the large path scratched into the landscape, clearing away rubble and obstructions. As the sun began to set, cheers were heard from further on down the line - the next morning, their origin reached these worker as two large wagons laden with food and jewellery trundled along the path, dragged by a group of sweating men.

As they reached the clearing, they stopped. The people of Chouvrian and Vandern should be arriving shortly, having finished their work. Once they did, it was time to celebrate - the long job was finally finished. Or so they thought - over the years this path would be made into a true road, built and built upon as traffic increased and technology advanced. But for now, the foundations were in place. It was time to meet with others of their kind, and hold the very first Feast of the Three.

((OOC: If you didn't notice, I'm hoping we meet Chouvrian and Vandern here with some mortals.))

The Ceremony of the Fey

The site for the act was well-chosen - a small waterfall running down a cliff to a pond, around which the ground was lush with vegetation, larger trees rising into prominence nearby. On the shore of the pond, later to be named the Well of the Origins, Sun Well and Well of Life by those brought to Creation here, a number of gods had gathered to fuel a ceremony with their power, and to create new life to join that already present in the world.

As power was channelled into the ceremony by the divine beings in attendance, their craft began to take form. Each of them added their own attributes and used their own special knowledge to create the new beings.

And as an orb of light rose above the pond, it pulsed and began sending tendrils of light into nearby things. As light touched a tree, a spirit rose from the tree, with green eyes, skin of brown bark, tall and spindly limbs. As it touched a flower, a faerie creature, floating on the wings of a butterfly and seeming fragile as a snowflake, arose to join the growing crowd. As the light touched the cliff-face, a face of flowing mud emerged from it, smiling happily, emerald eyes sparkling.

And so they grew out of nature itself, out of everything around, in so many shapes and forms as none could imagine but the Goddess of Imagination herself who was directing their birth. And they were the Fey.

Tanai to Reavers:

It does not take only strength to win a battle, but skill and intelligence above all. Your own battlemaidens and their deployment show these principles. Is it not I who created the Fey, who fought you back? Is it not you who created the Dreads that attacked us? All creation is but an instrument of destruction, waiting to be used. But unless you employ skill and stratagem, you will never amount to anything.

Tanai to Fey

I, on behalf of my people, thank you for your assistance against the Reavers. I will make sure that my people not forget this debt, and that they endeavour to pay back what you have given them.

To that end, we would like to include your homes in the trade paths we built over the continent. It would be a short stretch from the river, and we could trade what crafts and skills the other lacks, for prosperity unto us both.

Zemalac
2012-04-29, 02:01 AM
Chouvrian
The Kindly One

Opening Doors, Book I

So it was that in this year, when the ground trembled with the soft breath of dying things, the gates of the Underworld opened and let those failing creatures through; and those still living followed swiftly after.

She was lost, this lonely child, and frightened. It had not been so long ago that she had been asleep and burning, and she did not remember how she had gotten here, awake and cold. Bare feet no longer felt the mountain's rock, and hands had retreated into numbness from the wind's chill. It would be snowing soon, she knew, the sky told her this and many other things besides.

There was a cave, here. It was a dire cave, ominous and looming, but she paid that no mind. It was shelter, and shelter was all that was on her mind. She stumbled into the cave on frozen feet and found there sanctuary from the wind and ice.

There was a light in the back of the cave, and a tunnel down. She followed the light, quiet as a mouse. This child was a hunter; she knew how to stalk lights. The tunnel grew smooth and warm as she walked, the floor turning from ice to rock to sand and the pale light growing ever-brighter, light that flowed softly through the air, brushing past strange things growing on the walls, plants that had never been seen before by earthly eyes.

And finally, when the tunnel opened up onto the fields and rivers where ghosts drift, finally content, there was an old man with velvet-black eyes, welcoming the lost child home.

Exodus, Book I

Word had come from the south and the east of the great trail, the roads that would bind together a continent. With these words came stories, tales of warmer and more fertile lands. Down below the mountains are green forests and pleasant fields, said the travelers. Why do you live here, when you could live there? Many of those on the mountains thought on the words of the travelers, and saw much truth in them. This land is harsh, they said, but we do not have to live here.

This land is our home, said others among them.

But we can make a home elsewhere, said some.

This land has forged us, said the One Who Listened. We are created by peak and storm as much as by mother and father. Those who survive our mountains are worthy to be called my brothers and sisters. How are we to know that your children are brethren to the spine of the world, if they do not live upon it? How are they to become strong, if the way is paved with milk and honey?

These words troubled the people of the mountains, for none among them would want to be thought weak. They sank deep into thought, as the storms raged just beyond the door.

We will carry the old ways with us, said one quietly. We will remember that death is always near. We will remember the kindly one.

The One Who Listened nodded. But will your children? he asked. Will their children?

We are children of the mountains, said the quiet one. No matter where we are, no matter how many of my children have children who have children of their own, they will be children of the mountains.

And that is why, today, across the world the most holy temples of Chouvrian's people are in the high places. On the peaks of mountains you will find his shrines; where there are no mountains, seek the highest hill, the tallest tree, or the tower that grasps the sky. There you will find the children of the mountains. There, in the voice of the wind, you will find the Kindly One.

Meeting by the Hills, Book II

The people of the mountains came next to the clearing, walking downhill from the western reaches.

"I don't like this place," said one, shrugging a pelt from one shoulder to the other. "The sky is too far away."

"You have been saying as much for the last hundred miles," said another. "Give it a rest."

"I'm just saying," began the first, before being interrupted.

"We're here," said Skamel Roch. He hopped down from the back of the wagon, feeling his legs crack as he stretched them. "Just beyond those trees."

The rest of the band didn't question him. They never did. Yes, sometimes they insisted on things--like when they had insisted on him riding in the wagon instead of walking like the rest of them--but they never questioned. They knew where his knowledge was coming from.

"They respect you," said the old man who was not there. "They want their prophet to be kept safe." Roch smiled and shook his head. These were hard men and hard women, mountain born and bred. They did not care about prophets, or so he told himself.

The trailblazers had fallen back when they heard Roch speak, and they let him past with easy smiles; as such, he was the first one to top the hill and look down at the bare skeleton of a road that lay below, and the tired people who were resting there. It was the first time he had seen people outside of the tribes. Human, they were, but with a strange look about them. Too easygoing, too relaxed, barely on edge at all--these people would never have survived his mountains. They had been born into warmer climes and easier times. He envied them, for the briefest of moments.

Then a cheer went up from below as Tanai's people saw him standing there, and all feelings save satisfaction were swept away. He had made it. They had made it. And as his brave trailblazers came up behind him, pulling carts of furs and hard woods and strange mountain plants, he could not help but feel that if they could make it this far, they could do anything.

To Tanai, Takeshi, Vandern, Gruul

I feel the time is right now for a Winter Court to rise. Tanai, you have already used your ceremony, but I feel the rest of us could work marvels never before seen.

We have two main questions before us, then: where do we want our Winter Court to reside, and what do we want their dictate to be? I do not think we want them to aid the Reavers who have ravaged the inner coasts of the world, but nor do we want them to pave golden paths for our mortal friends. The Court should be warlike and sly, ferocious and clever in equal measure. An easy way to do this, of course, would be to take some of the already-created Fey and use our ceremony to change them.

What you you think, my siblings? Let us speak of winter and blood.

razovor
2012-04-29, 06:59 AM
Lucas, The Artist

Chief Gayle stood in front of the dolmen, cautiously watching the wall of rippling liquid that spanned the structure. After a moment he turned to Chief Lucas, who stood at his side.

"You're sure it's safe?"

Lucas nodded

"Of course. Our scouts made it back safely. The area seems a bit rugged, but liveable. I'm sure you'll be fine."

"If this is a trick, my sons will see you killed"

"I don't need to be reminded. You're an influential man, your support is invaluable. Consider this an honor, no-one has ever attempted something like this before."

Gayle smiled, took a moment to calm his nerves, and stepped through the portal.

To Arkhan
A few miles outside your largest settlement, a portal materialises, in the sparse savannah. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, clothed in hard skins, with stone spears, and overflowing packs of various supplies. Their leader, a blonde haired man, with significantly more lavish skins consults a map, before ordering his men in a march towards your city.

To Luna
A few miles outside your largest settlment, a portal materialises, resting atop a patch of lush grass. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, clothed in hard skins, with stone spears, and overflowing packs of various supplies. Their leader, a blonde haired man, with significantly more lavish skins consults a map, before ordering his men in a march towards your city.

To Niobe
A few miles outside Glavalia, a portal materialises, standing upright by the edge of a river. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, clothed in hard skins, with stone spears, and overflowing packs of various supplies. Their leader, a blonde haired man, with significantly more lavish skins consults a map, before ordering his men in a march towards your city.

To Takeshi
A few miles outside Vaturan, a portal materializes, in a dried up river bed. The portal hovers motionlessly for a few minutes, before something begins to emerge. Roughly twenty men, wearing rough clothes, obviously unsuited to the environment step forth. The portal closes behind them.

The band spend a few moments inspecting their surroundings, seemingly astonished by the new sight, before they regroup. One of the men, wearing more lavish skins, ponders over a map, before ordering his men into a march, heading for your settlement.

To Azemin
A few miles outside Chirus, a portal appears in the barren desert. It hovers motionlessly for a few minutes, before something emerges. Roughly twenty men step forth, wearing light clothing, though still unsuited to the heat. They quickly consult a map, and begin walking slowly towards your city.

To Gruul
A few miles outside Fangjaw Fortress, a portal materializes, in the sparse dirt. Barely a second later, a man jumps through, followed by roughly twenty more. They'll lightly armored, but well armed, and immediately break into a run, heading as fast as they can to your city, cautiously watching the surrounding plains for any signs of trouble.

To Kel-Toth
A few miles outside Runel, a portal materialises above the rough grass. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, clothed in hard skins, with stone spears, and overflowing packs of various supplies. Their leader, a blonde haired man, with significantly more lavish skins consults a map, before ordering his men in a march towards your city.

To Chouvrian
A few miles outside your largest settlement, a portal materializes, in the snow. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, wearing several layers of skin, yet still shivering from the cold. They quickly huddle together, shielding themselves from the snow-fall, as their leader struggles to read the map he holds. Barely recognizing any landmarks through the downfall, he nonetheless manages to direct his men towards your city.

To Tanai
A few miles outside Tarenia, a portal materialises, in a small valley.. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, clothed in hard skins, with stone spears, and overflowing packs of various supplies. Their leader, a blonde haired man, with significantly more lavish skins consults a map, before ordering his men in a march towards your city.

To Vandern
A few miles outside your largest settlement, a portal materialises, in the snow. It hovers motionless for a moment, before men begin to emerge. Two dozen men, wearing several layers of skin, yet still shivering from the cold. They quickly huddle together, shielding themselves from the snow-fall, as their leader struggles to read the map he holds. Barely recognizing any landmarks through the downfall, he nonetheless manages to direct his men towards your city.

Murska
2012-04-29, 03:56 PM
Tanai, the Trickster (Belief ++++)

And as Tarenia grew, so grew its fishing industry. And so grew its ports, and its fleet and the skills of its sailors.

And one day, Tanai ordered the first longboats to set sail over the perilous sea to destinations only he knew. He used his own power to keep them safe for the trip, or safer as many were still lost to the raging winds and waters. But one by one, the groups arrived where they had meant to arrive.

Tanai to Lucas:

They are greeted first by a few scouts and then a growing number of curious onlookers of all kinds. As a trading city, Tarenia is more used than most to foreigners, but this was the first time they saw people from outside their own continent, and the portal is something completely outside their experience.

A graying man pushes aside the crowd and heads to the visitor with the lavish skins. "Greetings and welcome to Tarenia, foreigners. Where do you come from, and what do you bring?"

--- ---

Meanwhile, a couple of longboats arrive to your lands. Tanai greets your people from aboard one, asking for you to let his people trade stories and goods.

Tanai to Niobe:

Once again, Tanai arrives to your realm. This time, however, it is on the deck of a wooden longboat, accompanied by two others, crewed by sailors in skins wielding bone spears.

"Hello, sister. I bring to you some of my people, as I promised. If you agree, they would wish to meet your mortals and trade with them, trade stories and food and crafts of hand.

It is good that we created the Fey, as they have already saved many lives, though at great cost to themselves. "

(OOC: Want to spend + Econ on forming a trade route with me this EoT? I'll spend the same, and if you have enough trade routes (I think it's 2-3) you'll get - p. Econ out of them.)

Tanai to Luna

Tanai returns to your realm, this time riding a longboat accompanied by another like it. They are crewed by sailors wearing strange furs and wielding bone spears.

"Greetings, my friend. I bring a few of my people to meet yours, and to exchange greetings, stories and goods.

As an aside, we're lucky to have created the Fey - already they've saved many lives. I hope we can work together in the future as well.

I heard you had created an artifact? May I inquire as to its purpose? I am very curious, as it seems to me nobody else has done such a thing yet, and I always was one for firsts."

(OOC: Want to spend + Econ on forming a trade route with me this EoT? I'll spend the same, and if you have enough trade routes (I think it's 2-3) you'll get - p. Econ out of them.)

Tanai to Arkhan

Four longboats arrive to your lands, carrying northerners with bone spears and fur coats. Among them is Tanai in more sophisticated clothing.

"Hey there. Think you could let my people ashore to trade goods and stories? Both of our peoples were saved by the Fey, so I'm sure they have much to talk about."

Lizard Lord
2012-04-29, 08:39 PM
Niobe

Origin of Glavalia: As the people slept Niobe saw into their dreams and imagination and pulled out tramendus of tremendous variety. Some were simple and cozy, some were dark and terrifying, and some were extravagant and wondrous. Some buildings defied structural possibility and were held up by the power of the Lady of Wonders alone, a reminder of the things Niobe brings to her people. These were placed down for Niobes people

Creation of the Fey:

As the ceremony took hold Niobe was in charge of shaping the Fey's physicals form, and so they took many forms as Niobe's infinite imagination rushed forth. They ranged from extraordinarily human looking to impossibly alien in appearance and no two Fey were the same with two exceptions. One exception is that they all had the emerald green eyes requested by Talia. The other was made when Niobe decided to invent a color all of her own. The body of all fey carried a new color that could not be compared to other colors that had previously existed. This color was presented on each Fey either through the color of their skin, the color of their hair, or through a mark placed somewhere on their body.

To Fey: Thank you for your bravery my wonderful children. All that I request from you know is that you be free. Allow your imaginations to grow and never to be stifled, nor should you stifle the imaginations of others. Trying to cease the growth and creations brought out by ones imagination is the one thing I can not forgive. Live well children.

To Tanai: A trade route sounds boring, but necessary. I'll agree to it.

To Lucas: Men with animal skins and painted faces will go meet those that arrived through the portal. "What brings you to the City of Wonders?"

Ladorak
2012-05-01, 09:14 PM
Wardens to Tanai
The time will come. Such is the way of the Tyrants, their threat is seasonal. Soon the snake will cut off it's own head and we will turn to the Reavers, your help wil be welcome when the time comes.

Reavers to Tanai
We are the Dread. We are the Reavers. You are unworthy, you shall be destroyed.

Fey to Tanai
Glory to the creators. The Seelie Court and our people have suffered much since our creation, yet we do not despise the breath of life despite it's lose.
Your lands are close to ours, we will happily trade with your people. The Fey have much to learn of the world, you will always be welcome at my court.

Fey to Niobe
Glory to the creators. The Seelie Court and our people have suffered much since our creation, yet we do not despise the breath of life despite it's lose.This world is new to us, full of wonders and horrors, our imaginations are ignited by all that we see. The Fey have much to learn of the world, you will always be welcome at my court.

Copper8642
2012-05-04, 05:41 PM
In the beginning, the desert people could not expand far from the river. This halted the growth of any one major settlement, as expansion could only ever happen in one direction: along the river. Azemin saw to it that his people would have a capitol, and in the middle of the desert, bent the river in on itself. He did it again, and again, and again, until their was a matrix of waterways, fertile soil between all of the different routes. Among all of this water and soil, more people could gather in one place than was ever before possible in the desert. Azemin left the people to create most of the city themselves, but the center of the city, he placed the Spire of Sand. This spire stood stories tall, but only housed a single room at ground level. In this religious center, Azemin's constant law was worshiped, and even the miscreants who took their chances lawbreaking elsewhere in his domain did no such thing in the shadow of the spire. The city of Chirus was a constant reminder to the desert people of Azemin's power, as it could not have existed without him.

To Lucas:

As the outsiders neared the entrance of the city of Chirus, they were met outside the matrix of rivers, and asked to wait for the leading priest of the Spire. People from outside the desert rarely turned up in the desert's center, and nobody else trusted themselves to properly greet those who had somehow made it here to visit. During the minutes that passed as the priest was fetched and led to the outskirts of the city, the desert folk who stayed with the outsiders stood at a distance, as it was not their place to make the initial impression, but their curiosity at the mannerisms and trappings of the outsiders was increasingly apparent.

The priest crossed the river just as the shadow of the Spire turned to cast over the meeting. He spoke, "You, outsiders, have arrived at the city of Chirus, holy city of Azemin. Before you can be welcomed, you must explain who you are, where you have been, and what you plan to do here. Know that you speak in the shadow of the Spire, where none of our faithful dare cheat or lie. We pray you similarly refrain."

To Ladorak:

Chenset walked the streets of the city, fading through several timeframes before settling into the time of the Arch-Betrayer's supposed first transgression. She arrived as the word first spread of the Betrayer, and his dark energies were sensed. To the best of her abilities, she tried to tell which direction the dark aura was originating from, so they would not have to comb the whole of the desert finding him. Maybe if he lay somewhere between Azemin's people and the followers of another god, those others could be convinced to assist in bringing the Betrayer to justice. Chenset could think of no god who would not at least put a token effort into ridding the world of this sort of dark power.

The Deacons merely waited for the Judge to give them information to work with, before they made their moves to end the defiler.

Ladorak
2012-05-06, 07:21 PM
EOT on Wednesday, 9th May.

Zemalac
2012-05-06, 08:47 PM
Chouvrian
The Kindly One

To Lucas, the Artist

Most of the people in the village believe strangers bring death. The only people they do not know are those in the tribes they have feuded with since the breaking of the world.

Fortunately, the man they look up to as prophet and king knows a little more of the world than the people he guides. Where others stare suspiciously, he smiles. And if the smile is edged in mockery, silent laughter at the men tanned by a sun far kinder than the mountains' own, shivering in their inadequate furs, well, at least it is a smile.

"What can the children of the mountains do for you, my friends?"

OOC: Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. Been a bit busy this week.

Forum Explorer
2012-05-07, 01:24 PM
Luna

The Lunar Scepter
The shaft of the Scepter is made out of ivory, at the top of the Scepter a ball of moonrock lies which is orbited by four pearls. In the sunlight it is dull and lifeless. At night it reflects the light of the moon and commands the obedience of the monsters of the night sky. Wielded by Her faithful servant it is both Her people's sword and shield against those who would do them harm.

To Tanai
The Lunar Scepter? Oh not much, it just allows us to compel monsters who wander to close to my territory to attack my enemies and avoid my own people.

As for a trade route why not? The increased commerce will do my people good.

To the Fey
Thank you for coming to our aid. We owe you a debt that we may never repay.

We would like for our people's to grow closer together. Would you be fine starting a trade route with my people?

To Lucas
Assuming your people arrive at day they are met by a few sleepy guards and suspicion. After being held til nightfall they are brought before an old women holding the Lunar Scepter in one hand. Her pupils mirror the moon but otherwise she appears normal but healthy. Greetings strangers. What business do you have in our land?

ArcaneStomper
2012-05-09, 09:29 AM
The Realm of Vandern
The blizzard was an unfamiliar one to Erik Nor's Son. Which was strange. He was a chosen of Vandern, he had walked the mountains all his life, and tasted every kind of storm. Pausing he held up a hand bundled in fur gloves and watched the snow stream through it. This was different somewhow, colder, more pure. But at the same time it didn't bite like the worse blizzards, there was the sting of cold yes, but to one of Vandern's People that was nothing. And it hadn't started like this. It had just been a normal blizard before it changed to this new type.

Still a storm was a storm. Hefting his great pack Erik trudged forward looking for shelter of some kind. In the distance he could see something looming. A nearby mountain perhaps. But as he got closer Erik could see that this was no mountain of stone. A great glacier rose before him. Vaster than any he had ever seen before. To his left and his right the glacier stretched its vast wall of ice until it was lost in the swirling blizzard. Above him the glacier towered into the sky so far he could not see it's peak. But in front of him the blizzard had died away. Until he was standing in a small area of calm before the glacier.

But in front of him the view was clear. Tapping the glacier experimentally Erik considered carving trying to find or carve a crevice to take shelter in, when the glacier spoke to him. It spoke not in the language of men, but directly into his mind, and it was then that Erik knew the voice of his god.

And when Erik returned to his people he spoke of the great duty their god had given them. The people of Vandern had long been tempered by the mountains. They had survived its harsh winters and gained the blessings of Vandern. Now it was time to spread the wisdom of Vandern to the other peoples. They would follow the paths laid by their scouts and found new settlements in the south. And they would teach all they found the wisdom of Vandern, that to struggle was to survive. And to survive was to be found worthy.

Some of the people greeted this news with great joy. They had long wanted to move south to the more fertile valleys and calmer storms. But their elders cautioned them. There would be fewer storms in the south, and the people would floursih true. But there were more things to survive in life than just blizzards. If they were to survive they must remain cautious and remember the teachings of Vandern.

Meeting by the Hills
The people deferred to Erik now. He was the first among the chosen of Vandern to be speak with Vandern in person at the Great Glacier after all. He was the one Vandern had chosen to guide the people in spreading his teachings. As such it was natural that Erik led the first expedition south to survey the land their god had told them to settle and explore.

By the time the expedition reached the chosen point the majority of the north folk had stripped away their furs and pelts. They weren't used to the extreme heat of southern climes. They hadn't seen good clean snow for months. Some of them were having serious second thoughts about the supposed fertility of a land this hot. But Erik strode among them always encouraging them on. Unlike the others he still wore his furs, what was the heat but another thing to endure after all, and at every turn he encouraged them to continue forward. The land might not be white, but it was surely green. The people would do well here, and they were the first of the people. They must stay strong and lay the groundwork for those who would follow. And the people Vandern had sent them to meet would surely be taking their measure. It would not do to look weak in the eyes of those they must teach to be strong.

So it was that when the People pulled their carts around the bend and into the view of the other people waiting for them they did so strongly and with renewed hearts. It was time to spread Vandern's word, and if they could do so by trading with and making allies of the people who waited for them, then all the better.

To the Reavers
I do not rely on the Fey to protect my mortals, and never asked them to do so. If you wish to test my mortals mettle then by all means come again. They shall survive, as I have taught them to do.

To Tanai, Takeshi, Chouvrian, Gruul
I believe the Winter Court should offer rewards. They should test and measure all who come seeking their aid, and only offer their power to those who are both worthy of it, and can meet the price they set. This will create a way for our fey to alter the world, but still allow the mortals to fend for themselves.

Murska
2012-05-09, 10:30 AM
Meeting by the Hills

The leader of Tanai's group, a fierce red-haired woman called Sara, stepped up, walking over the clearing towards the other two groups of people and their leaders. She beckoned for them to meet together at a tent being erected by some of Tanai's people, who were also busy unloading the wagonloads of food and crafts to display them around. Felled trees were dragged in to serve as benches and to build fires.

It was to be the first Feast of the Three, and Tanai hoped to make it a yearly tradition among those who lived on the continent. Speaking of which, the continent also needed a name, which was one thing the leaders were to discuss with the blessings of their respective gods - to name key landmarks on the continent together, as to make trade and communication easier.

As the people outside celebrated, Sara and the other two leaders were to sit in a large tent right in the middle of the clearing.

Chouvrian and Vandern only (PM)

"Greetings, friends, and welcome. This is an important occasion between our peoples, and the decisions we make here shall shape the future of this world to not insignificant extent. We should bring our hopes and concerns forth here.

Initially, I wish to make the Feast of the Three a yearly event, and to formulate an unified naming schema for the major landmarks of our region. Also, perhaps we should sign a treaty of noninterference in each other's internal matters, a treaty of mutual defense, a treaty of free trade between our peoples and so on, depending on what all you two find necessary."

Zemalac
2012-05-09, 02:01 PM
Chouvrian
Sepulcher Eleemosynary

To Tanai, Vandern, Takeshi, Gruul

Vandern has an excellent idea. This is the shape we will form our Winter Court into, then. A way to make mortals strive for something greater.

So mote it be.

To Tanai and Vandern, Meeting at the Hills

Skamel Roch cocked his head to the side, as if listening.

Treaties are strange toys indeed, said the man who was not there. Do as you think best.

"Certainly," said Roch to the others. "A grand tradition shall start here, I think. As for the land, well, I have never thought that it needed a name, but if we are to be traveling further abroad I suppose I could see the necessity of it." He shook his head. Names put things at a distance, he thought. If a man could think of the name of a thing rather than the thing itself, he lost the immediacy of it. The mountains had never had names, just as storms did not have names.

Still, he could see how it might become necessary.