PDA

View Full Version : What would you do of all that power?

Wings of Peace
2012-04-13, 10:40 AM
A few days ago there was a thread asking people to stat out a level 20 build for themselves if they were essentially handed a magic character sheet and told "be whatever you want".

My initial reaction was to cheese the hell out of myself, and while I can't say that I still wouldn't cheese the hell out of myself I find myself uncertain what I'd do with "all that power" (says Kanye West). What about you playgrounders? Given the chance to be any level 20 build you want how would you spend the rest of your demigod-hood amongst us mortals?

Alleran
2012-04-13, 10:48 AM
Given the chance to be any level 20 build you want how would you spend the rest of your demigod-hood amongst us mortals?
Troll humanity with secrets tests of character, trials, and ironic punishments, a la Truth from Fullmetal Alchemist.

kardar233
2012-04-13, 11:02 AM
Become completely invulnerable. Get 9th-level spells (Sorc/Wiz are the important ones).

Do everything. Be everyone. Travel through time and space and generally be totally awesome.

Taelas
2012-04-13, 12:23 PM
Level 20 Druid. Get a Druid cohort. Swap Last Breaths until it goes out of style (i.e. never).

Fyermind
2012-04-13, 12:26 PM
Artificer 20, or a diplomanncer/performer build. I'd like to have the ability to bring my dreams to fruition without removing all challenge from it and I'd like to be able to live my life mostly in luxury. Artificer would let me expand on my creative side more, while diplomancer would let me fix all the social problems I see in the world including political ones). This decision seems very reminiscent of selecting a college major.

No matter what have as many knowledge skills as I can. The last thing I want is for my acquired knowledge to decrease as a result of becoming my D&D character.

Harry
2012-04-13, 12:59 PM
I would be a cleric8/beholder mage2/mystic theure 10 I would teach humanity the arcane and divine arts then make the world a tippyverse with me as the king whahaha :smallbiggrin:

SimonMoon6
2012-04-13, 01:10 PM
I'd certainly go the Mystic Theurge/Geomancer path, so that at 20th level, I'd have 9th level arcane and divine spells. Then, I'd go around using spells like Heal all the time at the hospital, making a name for myself as a helpful benevolent person. But I'd also have phenomenal cosmic power with which to entertain myself.

Edit: I could also go around using Alter Self to be a great celebrity impersonator.

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-13, 01:18 PM
Well, see, I'd probably go with some sort of dual-progression build, featuring arcane and divine magic. I'd probably use my power to right some wrongs, but, to be honest, I'd use it to serve my own ends. If I'm a 9th level caster, then, truth be told, there isn't much anyone can really do against me.

Because, you know, I could destroy the planet in a multitude of ways. The Wightpocalypse is probably the least imaginative way I could end the world.

ursineoddity
2012-04-13, 01:30 PM
I'd probably go with Master Summoner all the way...hordes of minions at my disposal, and one minion of my own design. Also, lots of fun with the Create Demiplane spells for when I don't want to live on this planet anymore. My private universe would also be an ideal place to experiment with various Magic Item Creation feats. The governments of the world won't have as much time to chase me down once I put a few fireball wands and invisibility rings into circulation.

DoctorGlock
2012-04-13, 01:31 PM
STP Erudite 20... realize that omnipotence has responsibilities and go build planets or something.