PDA

View Full Version : Double 9s with Ur-Priest/Shadow Templar

pcdeity
2012-04-13, 12:23 PM
So I am currently playing in a campaign that I will start to dm here and there doing filler sessions. My character was an Artificer that will be killed off here soon because of certain role playing aspects. Now with that, I am looking at building a character that is all about becoming more powerful, despises the current gods and is wanting to ascend into godhood himself. The dm and us players are all good friends and we all decided that almost every book including 3rd party is allowed. We did this because we want the us to pretty much play what we want and the dm will scale up or down with the players. We are currently level 8 and will be taking the characters to level 30, the campaign is set in a pirate world where fire magic is frowned upon but almost any type of character would fit in this campaign. The new character I am looking to build is:

Neutral Evil Alignment
Ranger 3/ Planar Druid 3/ Templar Knight 2 (Dark Sun)/ Shadow Templar 2 (Dark Sun)/ Ur-Priest 2/ Arcane Hierophant 8

From what I see this would give me double nines and 15 bab at level 20.

Would this build work?

pcdeity
2012-04-13, 02:23 PM
Just an FYI

I do know I am aiming for double nines at 20 and will be behind the curve till then, but there are other pc's that are way ahead of the curve so it will equal out once we get to 20 (campaign is till 30). It will also be less of a pain since my character will be dropping in and out since I will be dming some too. The reason for the druid/ranger classes are for entry into ur-priest, templar knight/shadow templar/ arcane heirophant. I do not plan in advancing them with arcane hierophant only my ur-priest and shadow templar.

Arakune
2012-04-13, 02:32 PM
Why the ranger or the planer druid? What do you gain from them?

Urpriest
2012-04-13, 02:36 PM
Your Ur-Priest is very late in the build. If the Planar Druid levels are only giving you Trackless Step I'd advise getting that from Bamboo Spirit Folk instead.

pcdeity
2012-04-13, 02:37 PM
planar druid gives the necessary skills for ur priest and also gives you trackless step. Also Ranger i chose for the class features instead of going with another full BAB class. Since u need 5 BAB to get into templar knight. And u have to be a ex templar to get into shadow templar. Late is fine in the build for me, the one problem that the dm and I saw with getting trackless step for arcane heirophant is that it has to be from a class feature. (so bamboo spirit folk is out)

pcdeity
2012-04-13, 03:45 PM
What i am really looking for is, does this build work with the number and prerequisite. I just need make sure i did my math right.