PDA

View Full Version : Can you initiate a counter when taking the total defense action?

gallagher
2012-04-13, 03:12 PM
it only says you are not allowed to make attacks of opportunity, but the description for counters do not say if they use up an attack of opportunity.

i ask this because i am planning some kind of swordsage that uses setting sun primarily, followed by shadow hand and tiger claw. anyone with general build advice can feel free to give it.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-04-13, 03:25 PM
Yes you can. There isn't even a vague blanket statement stopping you like "you can't attack by any means such as Attacks of Opportunity".

gallagher
2012-04-13, 03:53 PM
Yes you can. There isn't even a vague blanket statement stopping you like "you can't attack by any means such as Attacks of Opportunity".

no, but normally when you attack someone on their turn it is because of an attack of opportunity, so i didnt know if counters count (no pun intended :P)

so what would be a good master of 9 build that focuses on SS, SH and TC? i know you can get in with straight swordsage, but would a warblade or crusader dip work well with it?

i would go shadow-sun ninja, but i am not sure if i like that prestige class.