PDA

View Full Version : Exalted - Once again my thread-naming skills fail me (IC)

Volthawk
2012-04-13, 04:23 PM
In the Guild hub city of Rivergate - named as such due to its position controlling the entrances to some of the Yellow River's tributaries, despite the rumours of attacks by demonic wolf-like monsters on people that stray into the alleys of the city, it is business as usual - the caravan that recently stopped off was still camped out in the city, trading the goods it wanted to sell and buying what it could buy on the cheap, cargo being loaded on and off the boats that sail along the Yellow River and the smaller rivers that branch off it around Rivergate.

The relative peace that this activity brings, however, is a fragile thing, shattered by a single sound - a scream, followed a woman limps out of one the alleyways off the main street by the docks, her bloodied leg leaving a trail of blood behind her, the trail going back into the darkness of the alleyway where a pair of red eyes can be seen in the gloom, fading as the owner heads into the darkness. As for the woman, she has been lifted onto a cart while a group of healers from the caravan attend to her wounds. Standing beside them, looking into the darkness of the alley, is a man - at least, he appears to be a man, his identity concealed as it is by his hooded robe, the patterns on the robe identifying him as the Demon-blooded sorcerer whose experiences and knowledge meant that he was in charge of dealing with the demons doing all this.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-13, 04:58 PM
A blindfolded man stands on a rooftop spire, his arms crossed over his unbuttoned tunic.

Demons...

He spreads his arms out, and takes a jump down, landing on his feet. He looks around slowly, twitching an ear as he listens for things.

Perception + Awareness: [roll0]

Gareth3
2012-04-13, 06:06 PM
Telemachus is startled as the woman limps out of the alley. He glances briefly at her and then looks beyond her, catching a glimpse of red eyes in the darkness.

Not your average mugger, I'll bet.

He unsheathes his sword and makes his way down the alley.

DukeGod
2012-04-13, 07:14 PM
"What?"

Autarch practically didn't hear whatever Yasha had said. He was playing some crazy mind-game with his Coadjutor where Aurane'aaune had hidden some memory of his and he had to find it. In his own mind. That was just wrong...
Oh well, he completely loses focus once he says something about demons. And jumps down the rooftop

Not wanting to be toppled by the display, he himself jumps down but his fall is different, it is an actual fall for some time but then he starts to run down the wall instead. And without stopping until he reaches the cart. A wounded woman. Oh great. His first instinct was to go after the creature who had done such a thing. But the demon in his mind advises him against it

Help her. Your knowledge of medicine is weak I know, but it seems a good opportunity to use what I tought you not long ago

Helping the woman seemed better for him. He tries to recall the process. It was a risky thing. He slows down his breathing and tries to remember something he had never really knew in the first place. The memories were in his Exaltation only. So, he needed to shut down his Po at least partially. No feelings of his own and focus on the Hun and the Exaltation. Than as the memories flood over his mind, he focuses on what matters now. Medical knowledge. Pushing away the healers and taking their instruments he looks at the woman's leg. Quickly shutting her down he starts the treatment without saying a word. Sheer confidence stopping anyone from hampering him

It wasn't really threatening. But blood loss was problematic. But that was easily remedied, he was an Exalted after all.

Opening the wound a bit more and without bothering to change the scalpel/knife he was using, Autarch extends his arm and and makes a deep wound in it, letting the blood flow freely. Now getting into the woman was going to be a bit problematic but he knew a trick to it. Infusing it with Essence let's it drop into the wound quickly, and grips tightly her leg so that it may flow. Hopefully
, the essence would also stop it from being bled. Once she has regained the needed amount of blood, feeling his knowledge fade away he quickly goes to close the wound

Once everything is done, he steps back and looks at the results
As we discussed, I'm trying to heal her
Wits + Medicine, 3m used on the Malfean Excellency and adding another 3 dice, also, channelling Compassion for another 3 dice...and the stunt, if it applies

[roll0] - 4 sux

Willpower ●●●●● ●●●●

Personal: 16/19
Peripheral: 41/44 (3 Commited)

horngeek
2012-04-14, 02:01 AM
Meidani

Meidani is stopping by the city for a rest, following a rumor her father had sent her way, when the scream and the woman running out of the alleyway catch her attention. She quickly makes her way to the Demon-Blooded, looking at him, her eyes filled with compassion. "Do you have any idea what attacked that woman?"

Presence+Charisma to convince him to not just brush her off:

[roll0]

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-14, 08:55 PM
Yasha turns his gaze to the blue-haired woman.

You know how they say that your heart can skip a beat? That's not what happened to him. It's more like a part of his soul moved at the sight of her. His mind flashed back to another woman. Yet, she looked different from this stranger. And he wasn't even sure who she was. But the golden armor the one in his memory wore made something click. Solars. The elders' warnings. A bond between two exaltations.

"Dammit," he mutters under his breath.

He turns his gaze to the other new arrival, and frowns at the sight of a full sized Orichalcum daiklave in plain view. At least Autarch's swords were made of Jade. This man was either strong enough to fend off a bunch of Dragon-Blooded with power armor and warstriders, or unaware of exactly how dangerous they could be. The latter was more likely.

Gareth3
2012-04-15, 02:07 AM
Telemachus pauses halfway down the alley, as he notices the big long-haired man frowning at him.

What's the problem?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-15, 10:37 PM
"You wear Orichalcum armor and carry a daikalve without any attempt at subtlety. Do you think the Dragon-Blooded are weak?"

He crosses his arms.

"Only the Stewards of Creation can hope to match an experienced Lawgiver, Deathknight, or Prince of the Green Sun in single combat. But even the most ancient and powerful of the Solars fell before the dragons, and the Solars these days are weaker than some of the older Dragon-Blooded."

Gareth3
2012-04-16, 01:35 AM
Telemachus grins.

I see. You think there's a chance that the Wyld Hunt could find out I'm a SOLAR EXALT!

He shouts the last words at the top of his voice, waving his daiklave in the air.

Seriously, the Wyld Hunt seems to be able to find me whatever I'm wearing and whatever weapon I'm carrying. I've learned to focus on winning the fight instead of hiding. This-

He bangs his armour with the flat of his sword.

-might look flashy but it's also the most effective choice.

He pauses a moment, and stares at Yasha. There's something odd about his mouth...

Anyway, what do you care? You're a mortal, right?

Volthawk
2012-04-20, 11:16 AM
The sorcerer looks on at Autarch's...unorthodox methods of dealing with the woman's wounds, although when Telemanchus heads into the alleyway, all orichalcum armed and armoured up, a frown appears on his face momentarily, before he reapplies his focus to Autarch as he works on the woman. When Meidani approaches, he speaks to her but doesn't look at her, still watching Autarch.

"That's a question with a rather obvious answer. One of the wolves. If it was the algae itself, she wouldn't be alive here."

Autarch's technique appears to be working, although the woman isn't in much of a state to talk and deal with things at the moment, Autarch has managed to stop it getting any worse. As he looks at his results, the sorcerer speaks.

"I would've said that your technique there wouldn't work if it was done by any ordinary being, but with someone like yourself...especially one with tattoos such as what you have."

As Telemanchus advances into the darkness, the red eyes vanish from sight again. He appears to be alone in the alleyway. However, Yasha does see things. A pair of things. Further in the alleyway, there are a pair of these demon-wolves, larger than the wolves usually seen in nature, their fur changing in colour to adjust to the surroundings of the alleyway, they sit in the darkness, their eyes, dark red with jagged pupils, fixed on Telemanchus, but not attacking.

DukeGod
2012-04-20, 02:56 PM
Autarch eyes the sorcerer...

"Nonsense. It's just a trick I picked up somewhere else"

He leaves the man, knowing the women will be fine for now.

"A beautiful weapon the one you carry"

He says to Telemachus keeping his eyes on the daiklaive. Should he add it to his armory? It didn't seem to have any amazing powers.

Gareth3
2012-04-24, 05:06 PM
Telemachus turns back to the alley. There's no sign of whatever had the red eyes. He sighs, and calls out to Yasha.

Hey, big guy! Did you see where that thing went?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-24, 09:12 PM
Yasha doesn't say anything, but he takes a poised stance, and runs down the alley. He stops past Telemachus, facing the shadows. As he takes a squat stance, his roar is uncannily like a tiger's as his fingers curl.

[roll0]

Gareth3
2012-04-25, 04:34 PM
Telemachus shrugs.

Fine.

He peers into the darkness, trying to see what Yasha is attacking.

Perception+Awareness:[roll0]Six successes.

Volthawk
2012-04-26, 01:50 PM
Telemanchus, taking the effort to spot the threats in the alley, manages to make out the wolves, who stands up in response to Yasha's actions, also preparing themselves for a fight, but also something else behind them, who then stops hiding in response to Yasha.

Standing at around half again as tall as Telemanchus, the being's skin is thick, scarred, with cracks of green running along the visible sections that break through the beings armour, forged out of jade and other metals, talismans inset through the armour's plates, black leather connecting the sections, broken at points by the being's skin - Yasha recognises the armour as originally being that of one of the Gunzosha commands of the Seventh Legion.. Its face is obscured by a crystal-visored helmet, however, like the rest of the armour, it doesn't give complete coverage - clearly, it wasn't designed for a being of this size, but all that means is that non-essential parts of the face aren't covered by the helmet, with the eyes and mouth covered by the relevant sections and the rest simply armoured by the creature's skin. Behind the creature, its tail swishes from side to side. One of the things that draws the biggest attention is one of its arms, as instead of ending in a normal hand, it ends in a set of brass talons.

It grins in anticipation to the coming fight, and closes its eyes momentarily, seeming to...expand, and when it opens its eyes burning emerald eyes can be seen behind the visor. The brass talons smoulder, Old Realm runesburning into the brass surrounded by green flame.

Meanwhile, both wolves lunge out at Yasha, clearly confident that unlike the clearly Exalted Telemanchus, he would be a softer target.

If Telemanchus is joining in the fight, roll JB.

The Old Realm that Yasha can read is the Scripture of the One-Handed Maiden:

Once there was a maiden...
...who struck an iron wall until it shattered
her hand.
She did not stop, though cracks spread
throughout her bones.
She did not stop, though blood sprayed
her eyes.
She did not stop until she shattered
the wall.
“Survival is fury,” she said.

Both wolves just go for normal attacks on Yasha, but both can just be stopped by your basic Parry DV. Ball's in your court, now.

Tick Order:
Tick 1: Yasha
Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 4:
Tick 5: Wolf 1
Tick 6: Algae, Wolf 2

Gareth3
2012-04-26, 04:52 PM
Telemachus steps back as he sees the creature.

That's... new.

He swallows, straightens up, and charges directly at the armoured figure.

Join Battle: [roll0] Two successes.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-26, 04:59 PM
Yasha growls something through his teeth.

Old Realm
"Infernal!"
He swiftly steps back, and his body becomes bigger as fur grows from his back and two-inch long claws come out of his hands. However, he quickly sheathes the claws inside newly formed skin folds, like a cat has.
I get four points, right? I don't have the Lunar book with me right now. Manifest Wolf's Pace, Fur, Claws, and Enhanced Sense (Eyes). Speed 3.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-26, 06:06 PM
Guess it's still my turn.
Yasha quickly punches one of the wolves.
[roll0]

[roll1]

10d10

Gareth3
2012-04-29, 02:35 AM
Let's see what you are.

Telemachus slashes his sword directly at the creature's neck, not bothering to use his charms to enhance the blow.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Lethal, minimum 2

Volthawk
2012-05-02, 04:09 PM
As Jade's blow descends on the wolf, it leaps out of the way, the blow still brushing against it, making it have to roll to a stop. It appears to still be unharmed, though, and growls in Old Realm. "Was that supposed to hurt, human?". It's taunting is interrupted by Telemanchus' attack, which connects, although the wound doesn't bleed, just appearing as a cut in the thick scarred skin, all of it charred black.

"Hmph. Is that all? I would expect more from a Solar, given the amount of caution I was advised to use when dealing with your kind. I would like to test that further, but I have my orders."

As he says that, he fades away, disappearing completely within a few seconds. The two wolves, however, do not. They both then leap at Telemanchus, biting away with savage teeth, trying to find a way through his armour.

The two wolves attack (seeing Telemanchus' Parry DV, even with the -1 from attacking I doubt any attacks will go through):
Wolf 1: [roll0]
Wolf 2: [roll1]

Tick Order:
Tick 7: Telemanchus
Tick 8:
Tick 9: Yasha
Tick 10: Wolf 1
Tick 11: Wolf 2

horngeek
2012-05-02, 04:40 PM
Meidani turns her head at the sound of combat, and starts running in towards the battle.

As she does so, her stance starts resembling that of the crane, her graceful movements allowing her to cover the ground quickly.

Join Battle: [roll0]

Gareth3
2012-05-03, 10:16 PM
Telemachus grins.

Oh, you haven't seen anything yet. I am-

He breaks off as the creature disappears, and scowls in disgust.

Not again...

He tries to swat the wolves away as they attack him, but one bites deep into the knee joint of his armour, sending him staggering.

Ow! Bad dog!

Telemachus raises his sword. A golden sunburst glows brightly on his forehead, while a golden halo appears above him, condensing into a rough five-pointed star. His sword lashes out, striking first one wolf and then the other.

One level of lethal damage.
First Melee Excellency (6 dice, 6 motes) and Peony Blossom Attack (3 motes)
Attack on both wolves: [roll0] 11 successes Speed 5

DukeGod
2012-05-05, 08:33 PM
Autarch almost leaps to the battle like the rest of them...

But then, the most powerful demon flees and the whole thing is one amusing scene that he can't help but watch

So, he instead decides to stay right there

"Sooo...tell me more about this demon thing?"

Volthawk
2012-05-07, 11:40 AM
Like Autarch, the sorcerer is just watching the scene unfolding, paying close attention to the combatants. However, when Autarch speaks, he looks over. "The algae? It's a rather interesting demon, really. But first, a question. Have you heard of the Infernal Monster?"

DukeGod
2012-05-07, 11:51 AM
"The Martial Art that simply comes naturally to Infernals? When they bother to actually try to learn it that is? I believe so"

The scene with Telemachus is downright quite hilarious

"If he wasn't wielding that daiklaive I'd find it difficult to believe the man was a Solar"

Hiro Protagonest
2012-05-15, 07:54 PM
Yasha quickly attacks the wolf he hit before by putting his wrists together and attacking with both open palms as one attack.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Volthawk
2012-05-16, 03:19 PM
The sorcerer doesn't immediately respond, reaching into a pocket and pulling out a pipe which he lights, slightly green-tinged smoke soon coming out as he smokes it.

"Well, yes. Here when I use that term, I'm referring to the Monster in two ways - both the metaphorical image of a practitioner and one particular Infernal - the one responsible for the Algae and the current problems. You see, past the core of the style, the style fractions into many splinters, each dealing with a different aspect of the metaphorical Monster.

Now, this particular branch that's relevant is the - dealing with the concept of the Monster that destroys the mind and soul of its victims, making into a lesser monster similar to itself - the idea that he who fights monsters turns into one himself. The algea like you saw there is the result of the pinnacle of that splinter - after breaking the victim, the Monster builds it back up into a demon, training it in the ways of fighting like it does, ending up as an algae. This one, although why I'm not sure, is still incredibly loyal to the Monster who created it, but why I'm not sure of, like how I'm unsure of the situation as it is. Both the Infernal Monster and Malfeas are not subtle beings, so why they're doing these half-breed attacks rather than simply attacking straight with the Monster and algea is a mystery I haven't solved yet. The nature of the style's been wrecking my attempts to use astrology to find some answers, too.