PDA

View Full Version : 12th level feat help

Eonir
2012-04-13, 08:10 PM
So as the title implies, I need help. My character has reached 13th level and I need to choose my 12th level feat (we leveled up twice last dungeon...lots of Paladins who wanted to die for god and glory, we were more than happy to oblige).

My character sheet if you are interested ---> http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=358767

Our next goal is the takeover of the kingdom we are in. I am expected more paladins and clerics with death wishes, so anything that is aimed at fighting good is nice. Item creation is cool too, we have an artificer however. Other than that...really anything.

Rules: If it says WotC on it, my DM is ok with it.

Particle_Man
2012-04-13, 09:57 PM
I was going to say Leadership but you already have something called "undead leadership 12" so maybe that is the way to go? Your charisma is so good it would be worth a lot of minions!

Other than that, you could try for a nice "once per combat maneuver" from Tome of Battle (and then a "always on" stance at level 15), or a Soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum, with the right feats.

Greyfeld85
2012-04-13, 10:03 PM
Practiced Spellcaster is a solid choice to get your caster level up, and by extension your DCs.

If you're looking to expand your spell list a bit, you can take Mother Cyst.

Alternatively, if your DM is willing to bend the rules a little bit, you can take Stitched Flesh Familiar and apply it to your sword (fluff-wise, you could have your sword's hilt wrapped with human skin or something). In and of itself, it's not very helpful unless you do a lot of undead animation, but then you can eventually get the spellstitched template added onto it. (Though if your DM does let you get away with this, make sure you read up on the template first, because the spells you can stitch are limited by the Wisdom of the creature)

Eonir
2012-04-13, 10:12 PM
Other than that, you could try for a nice "once per combat maneuver" from Tome of Battle (and then a "always on" stance at level 15)\

What would you recommend?

Practiced Spellcaster is a solid choice to get your caster level up, and by extension your DCs.

If you're looking to expand your spell list a bit, you can take Mother Cyst.

Eh :/

I like the spellstitched idea. We'll see what my DM thinks.

Greyfeld85
2012-04-13, 10:16 PM
I also forgot to mention:

If you're doing a lot of melee, you really should pick up Power Attack and Arcane Strike.

Eonir
2012-04-13, 10:46 PM
I also forgot to mention:

If you're doing a lot of melee, you really should pick up Power Attack and Arcane Strike.

Completely forgot about Arcane Strike! Thanks.

I kind of lack the BAB to effectively make use of Power Attack though.

Thumperganker
2012-04-13, 10:46 PM
Corpse crafter will give you a +4 str and +2 hp/hd for undead , if you went that root,

Eonir
2012-04-13, 10:52 PM
Corpse crafter will give you a +4 str and +2 hp/hd for undead , if you went that root,

Would be awesome if it stacked with Undead Mastery. But alas, it does not :(

Particle_Man
2012-04-14, 12:37 AM
What would you recommend?.

At 12th level Shadow Jaunt (nice to have a mini-teleport to get where you need to go, once per combat). At 15th level Assassin's Stance (free 2d6 whenever you are flanking or otherwise able to sneak attack).

But there are other options of course. Thicket of Blades is nice for getting Aoos if you like those. Wolverine Stance is great if you are grappled. But for those stances at level 15 you need the appropriate prerequisite at level 12 and the pickings might be a bit slim for your power level.

docnessuno
2012-04-14, 04:34 AM
POWER ATTACK

Seriously, a duskblade (as any serious gish tbh) NEEDS that feat.

Darth_Versity
2012-04-14, 05:14 AM
How about a bloodline feat from dragon compenium to add more spells to your list?

Malachei
2012-04-14, 06:43 AM
EDIT: Ouch, you lose three caster levels due to Duskblade. Practiced Spellcaster would be a good choice.

And then, I'd absolutely go for Rapid Metamagic, pick up Quicken Spell and possibly Empower Spell. As you'll be likely relying more on your spellcasting in higher level play, throwing two spells can make all the difference. Plus get a metamagic reducer and punch your enemies with empowered horrid wiltings. --> which you will not reach due to lost caster levels.

Apart from that: Your saves are a bit weak. Unless you have another way of boosting them, perhaps a counter maneuver (Action Before Thought or Mind Over Body) might be a good choice.