PDA

View Full Version : Doppels everywhere!!!

SetArk
2012-04-14, 08:02 AM
Hey guys!
I may be misunderstanding the raw text but lets se...

An doppelganger is able to change his form... So.. Its just his body form like, his meat and stuff.. Or he can reshape his cloths too?
If he's naked, he can creat false cloths?

If he cant reshape... Could i put the enchantment that makes armors to change shapes with an druid, so the armor of that doppel changes with him? <Well as his change shape is unlimited uses .. He would be able to change with him his cloths everytime...>

And the doppel i'm saying is for an antagonist i'm making, the kind of Rogue/Master of Masks(Scoundrel)

sonofzeal
2012-04-14, 08:09 AM
Hat of Disguise solves most of these problems... :smallwink:

SetArk
2012-04-14, 08:42 AM
I.. Dont know how the **** i didnt thoght about that...

Kol Korran
2012-04-14, 09:21 AM
while hat of disguise is nice, when interacted with people can see the illusion, which might be problematic. i suggest two more options:

the Glammered enchantment of armor (+2700) enables it to look like normal clothing, and only true sight can pierce it. however, it seemes to be just one set of clothing (it doesn't quite say_, so...

in races of Eberron there is the suit of many styles (500) which are basically clothes that can transfrom into any other clothes you wish. transmutation, not illusion. can only be made by changelings, and i'd imagine dopplegangers as well.

and i don't think it would be too far fetched to have an armor that can look/ change to any kind of clothing (i guess you could really have a full plate bikini!)
i think it would cost +2700+750, though i'm not sure, i was never good with this stuff... :smalltongue:

good luck!

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-14, 09:23 AM
Shiftweave (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/shiftweave) can change the way it looks.

Particle_Man
2012-04-14, 10:00 AM
If he's naked, he can creat false cloths?

The answer to that one is yes or dopplegangers are almost useless as surprise monsters.

JonRG
2012-04-14, 12:01 PM
Vestment of Many Styles (Races of Eberron 175) only cost 500g, can become any outfit you want, and gives a +2 to Disguise checks where the clothes are part of the disguise.

CGforever!
2012-04-14, 10:05 PM
Your OP.

They can only change their body, not their clothes, gear, or whatever else.

BShammie
2012-04-15, 12:51 AM
Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and viceversa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#changeShape)
Change Shape doesn't allow Doppelganger to change its outfit or create clothing, but allows it to resize the clothes to fit its new size category.

Togath
2012-04-15, 01:24 AM
and i don't think it would be too far fetched to have an armor that can look/ change to any kind of clothing (i guess you could really have a full plate bikini!)

There is actually an armour template in dmg2 that specifically allows impractical armour, it even states that "it may not look like it could stop even a butter knife", and it specifically describes things such as a loin cloth and a leather harness as an example for a male, it wouldn’t help with the shapechange thing, but it is a somewhat funny template.