PDA

View Full Version : Playing to Strengths...Help?

RaviStrife
2012-04-14, 09:47 PM
So...I'm a DM working on a flavorful "Sage" gestalt-type character (around level 9). So far I've decided on Swordsage/Wizard, but I've hit a bit of a hitch.... The original thought for this character was to have both sides complement each other in melee, for instance using the Searing blade manuever (lighting the Sage's melee weapon on fire, adding 2d6+9 fire damage) then casting "Whirling Blade" which hurls said weapon along a 60 ft line attacking everything in said line.
Eventually I realized that summoning an actual weapon would be a more effective method to make this more...flashy. Something like Flame Blade, but for Wizards...but now I can't seem to find anything along those lines. Divine is banned in this game (the Gods are dead, the story is actually to ascend and replace them), so that's right out.
Any Ideas?
EDIT: Don't worry, I'm not killing anyone with it. Just a friendly Sage to crop up from time to time. Spoiler: Was a god, lost his powers.

Flickerdart
2012-04-14, 09:58 PM
Black Blade of Disaster (S/W 9)
Blade of Pain and Fear (C3, S/W 3)
Brilliant Blade (C7, D7, S/W6)
Burning Sword (S/W 2)
Emerald Flame Fist (S/W7)
Flame Dagger (S/W 2)
Flame Whips (S/W 4)
Howling Chain (S/W6)
Persistent Blade (S/W1)
Spectral Weapon (B4, S/W3)
Spectral Touch (S/W 6)
Steeldance (S/W 3)
Sword of Darkness (S/W 7)
Sword of Deception (S/W 4)
Thunderlance (S/W 4)
Weapon of Energy (C3, S/W 3)
Weapon Shift (B2, S/W1)
Whirling Blade (B2, S/W2)
Mordenkainen's Sword (S/W7)
Blade of Blood (S/W 1, C1) (PHB2)
Animate Weapon (S/W 3) (Cmage)
Coat of Arms (S/W 5) (Cmage)
Prismatic Bow (S/W 8) (CMage)

All spells without a listed source are from the Spell Compendium. A number of these don't give you swords you can wield, instead creating weapons that fly around and attack independently of you and/or while you concentrate on them.

RaviStrife
2012-04-14, 10:01 PM
A gentleman and a scholar! I award you 1 Internetz, Sir!