PDA

View Full Version : Random, stupid question [3.5]

Gandariel
2012-04-15, 12:10 PM
i'm thinking about a charachter, and came up with a quesiton:

Say a charachter weighs less than 5 pounds.
a pound is like 0.5 kg, so a Normal sized charachter can easily weigh, i don't know, 150 pounds.
Reading Enlarge person and Reduce person, i see weight increases (or decreases) by eight times.
So a Tiny sized charachter (there are some races, or just be small and Reduced) can easily weigh 150/64 = 2.3 pounds.
Add no more than 2 pounds of equipment and you got it.

That charachter has a Hand of the mage (At-Will Mage Hand, 900 gp).

Can he use it to fly?

nedz
2012-04-15, 12:37 PM
i'm thinking about a charachter, and came up with a quesiton:

Say a charachter weighs less than 5 pounds.
a pound is like 0.5 kg, so a Normal sized charachter can easily weigh, i don't know, 150 pounds.
Reading Enlarge person and Reduce person, i see weight increases (or decreases) by eight times.
So a Tiny sized charachter (there are some races, or just be small and Reduced) can easily weigh 150/64 = 2.3 pounds.
Add no more than 2 pounds of equipment and you got it.

That charachter has a Hand of the mage (At-Will Mage Hand, 900 gp).

Can he use it to fly?

The Target of the spell is One nonmagical, unattanded object weighing up to 5 lb. which means no.

Randomguy
2012-04-15, 01:12 PM
Greater mage hand could be used to make someone fly, but it's duration is concentration, so you'd need an intelligent custom magic item to concentrate on the spell for you.

If you're this small, it would be easier to just have someone cast floating disk.

Lateral
2012-04-15, 01:16 PM
The Target of the spell is One nonmagical, unattanded object weighing up to 5 lb. which means no.

This. Creatures don't count as objects.

Also, there's a thread for these kinds of questions. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230084) Should save you time next time.