PDA

View Full Version : [3.50 Quick Dragonborn question

GreenSerpent
2012-04-15, 02:38 PM
Greetings!

I'll make this very quick. A character I'm constructing for my Sunday RP sessions is going to be a Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Totemist (focused on melee attacks and grappling) and I was wondering what the best Aspect to take would be.

I know that most of the Aspects can be mimicked with soulmelds, but which would be the best for me to take?

Thanks!

tyckspoon
2012-04-15, 02:49 PM
Wings is usually recommended; flight is a very useful capacity that is also pretty expensive to come by. The breath weapon is handy if you intend use/abuse Metabreath feats.

Dairuga
2012-04-16, 04:27 AM
As the person above said; Wings. Wings let you fly for free, if you have a good enough Con score, it will let you fly for a decent amount each day, and permanently when you reach a higher level. At a lower level, the ability to fly will let you dominate most fights, as well as reach around most mundane puzzles with your ability to flex them wings.

The Breath, while good, can be grafted on if you so wish. The progression of the breath is something you will lose out on if you use the grafting option, but with the dragonborn's breath progression as I recall ( 1d8 / 3 HD), it will end up at almost the same cost. Again, the graft is rather costly, but it deals a good deal of damage, and is a nice flavourful addition (Mind you, your teeth will turn compeltely black, so that's it for the dental plan).

As for the heart aspect, most of those benefits can be gotten elsewhere.

Darrin
2012-04-16, 05:52 AM
You could do Breath and Wings. Take 1 level of Ranger, or 1 level of Dragon Totem Barbarian (which gets Blind-Fight as a bonus feat). When you become a Dragonborn, you can swap one of your existing feats (such as Track or Blind-Fight) for Dragon Wings. This puts you one feat away from taking Improved Dragon Wings and gaining the same benefits of the Wings aspect, and you can also take the Heart aspect.