PDA

View Full Version : Ballanced encounter help, Kensai v Litch.

Zanfire
2012-04-15, 04:15 PM
Ok so I'm DMing an encounter for a fairly standard lv 10 Crusader/Kensai build. He's a 4e Cambion and alone, no other PCs. Damage output is about 150 per round I believe. His AC is at 25. I don't have his exact build on me.

What I need for his encounter is a Necromancer Lich as his BBEG. A Troll Ranger as the Lich's Lt. A Cleric and a Roguesque (doesn't have to be a rogue, but should fill that roll) as NPC allies.

The Troll needs to be a 50/50 solo fight. The Lich needs two versions, one for a solo fight, the other with the NPCs.

I'm leaving the country soon and am preparing for the trip with loads of school work and regular work. So I really don't have a lot of free time to spend fleshing out these builds. I have some ideas about the Lich, but the NPCs and the Troll are totally up in the air.

I'd like the Lich to be a real coward, prefer short range teleporting to avoid attacks wile using walls to block (maybe grapple) and minions to chip away. His spell selection, etc. should reflect this.

As possible loot I'm thinking the demon armor (AFB so I'm a littLe sketchy on details) that grants flight along with a few nice bumps, but bestows negative lvs on non-evil wears.

Thoughts, suggestions & comments appreciated. If I somehow cobble together enough time to sketch any builds I'll post them for moire of the same.

Yorrin
2012-04-15, 04:33 PM
Sounds like your Lich is a Conjurer who traded in his familiar for Abrupt Jaunt.

Zanfire
2012-04-15, 04:54 PM
Sounds like your Lich is a Conjurer who traded in his familiar for Abrupt Jaunt.

That'll work nicely. Had been thinking Sorcerer, but since it'll be a one off that won't matter really. Or just make the swap anyway.