PDA

View Full Version : looking for a speciffic race

Saito Takuji
2012-04-15, 05:09 PM
can't remember for sure if it was actually a race in a book, or just a homebrewed one.

but anyways the race's name was errlander (or something close to that)

and it was basically an evolved human of sorts

i remember the racial features are extra 2 feats at first level, 2 bonus Skill points, and +2 to any one ability score, and -2 to any other ability score.

not sure on anything else included

anyone have any idea what book this race might be in?

OracleofSilence
2012-04-15, 05:14 PM
That sounds pretty OP even by WOTC standards. I am guessing you saw it on Dndwiki (which is Homebrew). Either that or you entierly missed the LA part of its description

Saito Takuji
2012-04-15, 05:23 PM
well that is all the stuff i remember, there could be a LA in there, or some other kind of negatives somewhere, wich is why i am trying to find out the book it came from (if there was one)

PoisonAlchemist
2012-04-15, 05:36 PM
No WotC race I know of has two feats. It is either homebrew you read somewhere, or third party found in a book by a different publisher. Do you remember reading it online, from a pdf, or from a physical book?

Saito Takuji
2012-04-15, 05:40 PM
well that is all the stuff i remember, there could be a LA in there, or some other kind of negatives somewhere, wich is why i am trying to find out the book it came from (if there was one)

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-15, 06:25 PM
Like we said. It's definitely not a WotC source...

What do you want it for?

Saito Takuji
2012-04-15, 06:39 PM
wanting to play that race in a game, and would require the book it comes from

Lostbutseeking
2012-04-15, 06:41 PM
I suspect this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shyrid_%283.5e_Race%29) is what you are thinking of, it's (very bad) homebrew.

Augmental
2012-04-15, 06:44 PM
I suspect this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shyrid_%283.5e_Race%29) is what you are thinking of, it's (very bad) homebrew.

So... does the LA +1 balance it out at all, or is it still overpowered?

Calanon
2012-04-15, 07:01 PM

Why not do the Shock Test? :smallbiggrin:

Would you rather play a level 11 Wizard Human? or a level 10 Wizard Shyrid? :smalltongue:

Personally? I'd pick the Human Wizard (Diviner5 / Red Wizard/6 = 9th level spells at level 11!) :smalltongue:

EDIT: My recommendation to making the Shyrid more balanced would be

Shyrid

+2 to one ability score, -2 to one ability score.

Medium: As medium sized creatures, Shyrids have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Base Land Speed: 30 feet

Shyrids receive one bonus feat at 1st level, and another bonus feat at 20th level.

6 extra skill points at 1st level and 2 extra skill point at each additional level.

Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.

Favored class: Any

Level Adjustment: +1

OracleofSilence
2012-04-15, 07:01 PM
Well, seeing as two feats means the same number of feats as a LEVEL 3 character normally? i would say horribly overpowered. Cause they also get extra skill points, and a +2 a one ability score. What. the. hell.

Lostbutseeking
2012-04-15, 07:03 PM

3 feats, 2 of which you get to choose, unbalanced stat mods, human skill point bonus (twice) and a bonus class skill.

Drawbacks: No languages (ie you need 12+ int at character creation to communicate) and 1 LA.

Thats overpowered in anybook especially given how easy it is to buy off LA1.

*.*.*.*
2012-04-16, 01:25 AM
They come from the Midnight Campaign Setting

It's a 3rd party campaign setting, still haven't looked into it.

Saito Takuji
2012-04-17, 01:19 AM
well that campaign setting could be it, deffinatly not the hombrew one there since i know for a fact that it had a -2 to any one stat as well as the +2 to any one stat. i'll have to check into that

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-17, 01:21 AM
Again... what are you trying to make that you need this specific race to achieve your goals?

Lostbutseeking
2012-04-17, 02:30 AM
http://darknessfalls.leaderdesslok.com/character_races1.htm#Erenlander then, it's even worse than the homebrew one as far as balance goes.

Solaris
2012-04-17, 07:16 AM
Well, look at all the other races in the setting. It's balanced differently than the standard 3.5E races.

Person_Man
2012-04-17, 08:45 AM
Although it doesn't have the crunch you're looking for, Elan (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/elan.htm) come fairly close to the fluff. And they're a very strong race for a Psion or Psychic Warrior.