PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Posts

TheLaughingMan
2012-04-15, 11:56 PM
Alright, there have been at least two posts that I know of in the Dominic Deegan thread in Webcomics, but neither of them are visible. What should I do?

EDIT: Hey, now they're back. Thanks a bunch!

Dogmantra
2012-04-16, 03:50 AM
If you can't see the latest posts, hit reply and you should normally be able to read them in the little preview when you scroll down on the reply page. If someone makes a reply to the thread it often fixes itself but it's frowned upon to post just to fix a thread.

Silverraptor
2012-04-16, 11:40 AM
http://sidoxia.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/invisible.jpg

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get sunglasses on the posts, and then we'll be good.

Rawhide
2012-04-16, 11:43 AM
Now all we have to do is figure out how to get sunglasses on the posts, and then we'll be good.

Like this?

Chess435
2012-04-16, 01:48 PM
We really ought to have a stickied "Technical Problem FAQ" thread to cover things like this....

Silverraptor
2012-04-16, 02:13 PM
Like this?

Yes, exactly. You admins are sure on top of everything.:smalltongue:

Rawhide
2012-04-16, 07:39 PM
If you can't see the latest posts, hit reply and you should normally be able to read them in the little preview when you scroll down on the reply page. If someone makes a reply to the thread it often fixes itself but it's frowned upon to post just to fix a thread.

Pretty much this. If you know a post is there but the forum won't let you see it, you can hit reply (but don't actually reply!) and the post will be shown in the Topic Review section below the Reply to Thread input section.

You can also change the number of posts displayed per page in your control panel, or view the post individually if you have the link to the individual post.

TheLaughingMan
2012-04-16, 07:50 PM
We really ought to have a stickied "Technical Problem FAQ" thread to cover things like this....

I decree this thought sensible!

Mercenary Pen
2012-04-17, 06:10 AM

I decree this thought sensible!

I believe something similar has been suggested in the past, but the general reaction is that most forum users don't bother reading sticky posts anyway, so it wouldn't prevent too much in the way of thread creation- I could be wrong on that though...

Rawhide
2012-04-17, 08:40 AM
I believe something similar has been suggested in the past, but the general reaction is that most forum users don't bother reading sticky posts anyway, so it wouldn't prevent too much in the way of thread creation- I could be wrong on that though...

Even when there were six threads discussing this very issue on the front page, people still posted new ones.

Silverraptor
2012-04-17, 09:20 PM
Even when there were six threads discussing this very issue on the front page, people still posted new ones.

I guess you could say those threads were...
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/6168378/images/1254907542139.jpg

...Invisible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o)