PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Icon Creation I: Make Odysseus

Empedocles
2012-04-16, 01:18 AM
Okay, I literally just put up an optimization challenge, but I think I had a potentially awesome idea: where you try and re-create, as best as possible, a certain fantasy icon through 3.5 D&D.

For example, I say Froddo Baggins, and people submit stuff like this: a halfling rogue, a whisper gnome factotum, etc..

You need only submit the build at whatever level you think is appropriate for the character, but the maximum level is 20.

A few things: material from anything WotC approved is permissible. This includes the Oriental Adventures and the Rokugan campaign setting, Dragonlance and all its supplements, and Dragon magazine and the Dragon Compendium

The character you will be attempting to re-create is.......

ODYSSEUS
-the classic smart warrior who thought of the Trojan horse and was favored by Athena but hated by Poseidon.

The winner will be determined by simple voting on a separate thread.

Empedocles
2012-04-16, 03:40 PM
...was this a bad idea?

Gandariel
2012-04-16, 04:04 PM
No, i think it's a nice idea. I'd join, but my lack of experience with d&d AND the fact that i'm under exams these days prevent me.

You should have advertised your contest a bit more and gathered consensus and people who were willing to play in the first place, before actually proposing the game.

Anyway, i'm sure people will turn up and it will be a nice contest =)

Empedocles
2012-04-16, 04:08 PM
No, i think it's a nice idea. I'd join, but my lack of experience with d&d AND the fact that i'm under exams these days prevent me.

You should have advertised your contest a bit more and gathered consensus and people who were willing to play in the first place, before actually proposing the game.

Anyway, i'm sure people will turn up and it will be a nice contest =)

Sorry you can't participate :smallfrown: And glad for the support!

Also, would a different character be better? Odysseus seemed appropriate, but it's definitely a touch one...

Gandariel
2012-04-16, 05:10 PM
Actually i'd see him as a Human factotum, with a Devotion feat (of one of Athena's domains). (or just very devoted to Athena)
(or just a fighter with high Int)

And that's pretty much it. (IMO, of course)

Toliudar
2012-04-16, 05:31 PM
Seconded. Odysseus is sort of the archetype of the thinking-person's hero. Factotum suits him pretty perfectly.

Empedocles
2012-04-16, 05:37 PM
Welllllll....then you should submit :smalltongue: PM me any entries by the way...