PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Suggestions Welcome: lvl 10 Build - 2Mo/2Barb/2Totem/3 FOTF/1 BW

smarti
2012-04-16, 02:49 AM
Hello, we are are playing a campaign, currently at lvl 8 but likely for some more levels -

Preamble:
An outcast boy wandering around, getting picked up by wandering monks. They try to teach him the teachings of discipline and such yet find him to be unruly and violate the law when animals and helpless creatures are involved (refusing the lord to hunt for sport in the forest etc.). Thus they tell him that he must leave and so he strives the woods again and discovers the magic in nature and so becomes a totemist (gotta work on that part) - anyway, someday he, again, encounters the lord that gives command to burn down the forest and the nearby village to build a vine - when he hears the village folk and his fellow animals alike shriek in despair he discovers a raw fury inside him and so manages to turn away the lord's henchmen. He so advances as a barbarian. Someday a guardian of the forest steps out of a bush and confronts him with his doings and is ties to nature and asks him if he too wants to become a guardian of the forest. So he advances as fist of the forest. Here he builds close ties to nature and especially bears and at some point becomes a bear warrior.

Oh well not high literature per say, but I hope it's enough for my DM to justify the alignment change.

Now comes the build:

Mongrel (+4 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha)
Str: 16 (14+1+1)
Dex: 14 (14)
Con: 22( 16+4+2(VOP))
Wis: 12 (12)
Int: 8 (10-2)
Cha: 3 (7-4)

Starting Values: 16,14,14,12,10,7 (Alternatives 18,14,12,10,7,6 or 17,14,12,10,10,7)

Fort: 21 (+12+6+2+1)
Ref: 12 (+9+2+1)
Will: 5 (+3+1+1)

40ft Movement

LVL1: Monk | Feats: Power Attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, Great Fortitude
LVL2: Monk | Feats: Improved Bullrush, Evasion| Saves: +3/+3/+3
LVL 3 Totemnist |Feats: Wildempathy, Sacred Vow
LVL4: Totemnist | Feats: Totem chakra bind | Saves: +3/+3/+0
LVL 5: Barbarian | Feats: Pounce
LVL 6: Barbarian | Feats: Improved Trip, Vow of Poverty,Rightous Wrath (VOP) | Saves: +3/+0/+0
LVL7: FOTF | Feats: AC bonus, fast movement, feral trance 1/day, primal living
LVL8: FOTF | Feats: Uncanny dodge, untamed strike, Sanctify natural attack (VOP) | Saves: +3/+3/+0

BAB +6/+1
9/9/5 (FOB)
Attack routine: 9 @1d8 +3 +1+1, 9 @1d8 +3 +1+1, 5 @1d8 +3 +1+1

AC: 27 (10 +6(FOTF) +2 DEX +1(VOP DF) +1 (VOP NAT) +6(VOP SAC) + 1 WIS)
Touch AC: 10+6 (FOTF) +2 DEX +1 (VOP DF) +1 WIS = 20
Flatfooted: 10+6 (FOTF) +1 (VOP DF) + 2 DEX +1 WIS= 20

And after another lvl of FOTF and BW at 10, later if it does come to that I thought Totem Rager at lvl 15 (I have to take at least half of the levels of any Prestige Class so 5 lvls of BW)

Any ideas / help / comments etc. would be welcome, thank you.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-04-16, 08:53 AM
Ignore Vow of Poverty would be my suggestion, unless it's a hombrewed fix.

If it's not, then pick up the ordered chaos feat, from fiendish codex I, it lets you count as chaotic while being lawful or neutral. So you get to keep all your monk abilities AND rage.

Morph Bark
2012-04-16, 11:00 AM
You have to take Sacred Vow before Vow of Poverty, as it is a prerequisite.

smarti
2012-04-16, 11:59 AM
Hey, yea thanks, you are right, I messed up the Feats there - should be corrected now.
Why wouldn't you take vow of poverty? My thinking was that I cannot wear armor anyway as a FOTF and that while morphed into a bear as BW all items lose their properties. As far as I know, even a monk turned chaotic does not lose his abilities just cannot progress as monk anymore.
Does it make sense to take totemist? Thought that would counter the I cannot own items dilemma, or would it make more sense to take 4 lvls of monk instead or go pure barbarian?

Also I am not sure if the VoP feats I took are really all that great - but most of them are pretty sucky I think.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-04-17, 04:51 AM
Also I am not sure if the VoP feats I took are really all that great - but most of them are pretty sucky I think.

Three words: Wealth By Level.

Vow of poverty grants nowhere near the same bonus.

smarti
2012-04-17, 10:49 AM
Again, that might be true, however while in Bearform I would lose all bonuses of all item as far as is understand.
The Magic of Incarnum offers a totem shakra that lets you grow 2 more Arms and claws the rest, how many attack do I get as a monk? Cann I add those 4 Attacks as natural secondary attacks or is that too cheesy?