PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf King

dantiesilva
2012-04-16, 12:03 PM
need help with dwarf build, anything is really open. Want him to be able to buff himself up as well as be a front line fighter. Thanks in advance

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-04-16, 12:07 PM
Basic Warblade/Suel Archanamach/Abjurant Champion build ought to do well for a gish who focuses primarily on buffing.

Cleric is, of course, always an option for doing pretty much everything at the same time.

docnessuno
2012-04-16, 12:42 PM
Level?
Stats or point buy?
Sources allowed?

I really love the War Mind prc, and for some odd reason i do find it amusing for dwarfs.

Zonugal
2012-04-16, 12:44 PM
What about something like Dwarf Wu Jen 4/Crusader 1/Wu Jen 2/Runesmith 1?

Have your elemental mastery be earth and you'll have a fairly thematic build.

Thrawn183
2012-04-16, 01:19 PM
I have to recommend a Deepstone Sentinel. It contains everything "dwarfy" about combat.

Also, the picture of the class in the Tome of Battle looks amazing.

Siegel
2012-04-16, 01:23 PM
Is there something you can do with Psionic Warrior?

nedz
2012-04-16, 01:38 PM
Favoured Soul - so He can claim the divine right of Kings, and have no bad saves. Wearing Heavy Mithril Armour of some kind, glamoured into looking more regal.

Alternatively: Cleric

dantiesilva
2012-04-16, 01:58 PM
Level is say mid 20 low 30s
stats saying i am DM all start at 18 then add modifiers
As for sources i really allow anything saddly i do not own tome of battle so unless i can find the material online i cant use it. I have almost all of FR campign setting. CA,CAdv,CD,CW, All the races. And a few others.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-04-16, 02:28 PM
As for sources i really allow anything saddly i do not own tome of battle so unless i can find the material online i cant use it. I have almost all of FR campign setting. CA,CAdv,CD,CW, All the races. And a few others.

With those sources... I'd say Cleric. With the SRD, you get Persist Spell. CDiv nets you Divine Metamagic.

He's got amazing buffing and healing capability with effectively full BAB, higher HD, and DR/evil. Have fun.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-16, 03:34 PM
Favoured Soul - so He can claim the divine right of Kings, and have no bad saves. Wearing Heavy Mithril Armour of some kind, glamoured into looking more regal.

Alternatively: Cleric
A dwarven Priest King does sound appropriate.
Shies away from the 'Scottish Viking' stereotype, while still keeping with their 'deeply religious and traditional' theme.

nedz
2012-04-16, 05:14 PM

With stats like that you could make him a monk :smalltongue:

dantiesilva
2012-04-16, 06:02 PM
Any recommendations for Prc's? I like the idea of the monk as well as the favored soul, problem is monk gets all its benefits with no armor, dwarfs are typical armed from the tip of there toe to the top of there head and then some.

Dumbledore lives
2012-04-16, 06:31 PM
Any recommendations for Prc's? I like the idea of the monk as well as the favored soul, problem is monk gets all its benefits with no armor, dwarfs are typical armed from the tip of there toe to the top of there head and then some.

Well in Races of Stone there is Deepwarden which gets Con to AC at level 2, which is always great for a dwarf. If you've got Magic of Incarnum you could make him an Ironsoul Forgemaster, who enchants his own weapon and armor with soul, but in a good way. That combined with Cleric and Sapphire Hierarch could make a pretty sweet build.

dantiesilva
2012-04-17, 08:34 AM
Sadly i do not have that book.

Anxe
2012-04-17, 08:56 AM
Dwarven Defender is Dwarfy.

dantiesilva
2012-04-17, 10:31 AM
Why would a king, a leader of armies have defensive stance? That's really the only thing going for it and that is only in a dwarven city. His guards having it yes, him i see no reason, when his guards will be something like this.
Ranger 10/Druid 10/Dwarven defender 10 actually no more like this saying gestalt
Ranger 10/Druid 20/ Dwarven defender 10

nedz
2012-04-17, 01:24 PM
Dwarven Defender is Crappy.
Seriously its a trap.

Anxe
2012-04-17, 09:34 PM
Exotic Weapon Master with a focus on Dwarven Waraxe?

dantiesilva
2012-04-18, 11:47 AM
Correction i just got every book i could find including tome of battle now i can actual work with real dwarf kings