PDA

View Full Version : It's A Zoo!

Drazik
2012-04-16, 01:28 PM
hello, fellow mortals!

in a level 10gestalt game coming up, one of my freinds wanted to help me with his build. the idea is to get AS MANY animal companions/familiars/special mounts ect as possible. he is going quantity over quality here, so effectivness doesn't really matter.

so far he has

Druid 1 for animal companion
sorceror 1 for familiar
psion 1 for psicrystal feat
//
Paladin 5 for special mount (paladin of tyrrany variant)

also, the extra familiar feat. with two flaws alowed, by tenth level he can take it 6 times.

leadership is banned

we are ignoreing the druid aligment restriction in our group. with any levels remaining, he plans to take druid.
thanks in advance

hydraa
2012-04-16, 03:08 PM
Use Handle animal to get some pets as well

Beastmaster 4 (CAdv) 2nd animal companion
Beastmaster 7 (CAdv) 3rd animal companion
Beastmaster 10 (CAdv) 4th animal companion

Beast Heart Adept 1(Dungeonscape) Monsterous companion
Beast Heart Adept 5(Dungeonscape) 2nd Monsterous companion
Beast Heart Adept 9(Dungeonscape) 3rd Monsterous companion

Dragonkith 1 (draco) has a dragon companion (or you are its companion)
Dracolyte (draco) is entrusted with the care of a dragon wyrmling

Vermin Lord 1 (BoVD) 1 HD vermin as an additional familiar

Mounts
Blackguard 5 (DMG) gets you a fiendish servent but is probably opposed by paladian
Knight of the Iron Glacier 1 (Frost) Warmount {stacks with Paladian}
Ashworm dragoon 1 (Sand) Ashworm mount {does not mention stacking}
Skylord (BoED) Flying mount

Celestial Companion
Healer 8 (Min handbook) Unicorn companion
Holy Liberator 5 (CD)

Drazik
2012-04-16, 04:16 PM
this is awesome, i had missed more than i thought! thanks a bunch!

Randomguy
2012-04-16, 04:27 PM
Bard 1 with an ACF trades most of the music abilities for some nature themed ones, including an animal companion.

As a paladin of tyranny, you've got no problem going blackguard, and with 9 levels of paladin you get a fiendish companion and a skeletal servant. That's 14 levels and 3 feats for only 3 companions total though, so it's not great.

hydraa
2012-04-16, 04:37 PM
There is also Demonologist and Diabolist that get a familiar at level 1 but it eats your current familiar. Thus no net gain.

Snowbluff
2012-04-16, 04:39 PM
If you have caster levels, look no further than Theurgic Bond/Holy Mount/Theurgic Mount. Also, Devoted Tracker. :smallcool:

hydraa
2012-04-16, 04:41 PM
It may also be possible to use the chaos shuffle stuff to get any bonus feats that the classes may have become additional familiars.

Drazik
2012-04-16, 05:01 PM
that is true, but i would like to avoid chaos shuffle if i can; it is looked down uppon in my playgroup (can't imagine why :smallbiggrin:)