PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Creation wizard

Laniius
2012-04-16, 04:49 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo---arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/conjuration/creation

Has anyone ever played with it? Are there rules clarifications on what you can an can't create?

For example, being able to create an adamantine dagger would be handy, but perhaps too strong for a class ability...

Ideas?

Uncensored
2012-04-16, 07:17 PM
The object must be made of simple materials, such as wood, stone, glass, or metal, and cannot contain any moving parts.

It seems to be laid out pretty well. If I were adjudicating, I'd say that "metal" means simple metals, such as iron or, possibly, bronze or steel.

... otherwise, I'd be making 1lb. bars of gold a number of times per day equal to 3 + my Intelligence modifier and selling 'em quick!

watchwood
2012-04-16, 08:00 PM
It seems to be laid out pretty well. If I were adjudicating, I'd say that "metal" means simple metals, such as iron or, possibly, bronze or steel.

... otherwise, I'd be making 1lb. bars of gold a number of times per day equal to 3 + my Intelligence modifier and selling 'em quick!

It'd be useful at lower levels, but your WBL would outpace it extremely quickly. And since the items vanish after a minute anyways, you'll very quickly have some very angry guards coming after you if you tried anything like that.

That said, since metal and adamantine are both metals (and the ability doesn't specify) I don't see why it wouldn't work as he described. I just don't see it being very good.

Corlindale
2012-04-17, 03:59 AM
I think it could be interpreted both ways, depending on how strictly you take the "simple materials" line. But since the mention of metal is nonspecific and adamantine clearly is a metal I guess it might work. Still not a great ability, I agree.

Also, for the selling gold use, since the item disappears after 1 round if it leaves your possesion you'd have to sell stuff really, really, really quickly to escape before detection.

Keneth
2012-04-17, 04:51 AM
1 lb. of gold = 50 gp, adamantine dagger = ~3000 gp. If you're gonna sell anything, gold isn't the first thing that comes to mind. :smallwink:

Uncensored
2012-04-17, 02:45 PM
1gp = 1/50th of a pound of gold?

That means that 1gp is worth roughly $412(US) as of today... assuming that gold is roughly as rare in D&D as it is here in the Prime Material Plane where we play it.

grarrrg
2012-04-17, 04:48 PM
1gp = 1/50th of a pound of gold?

That means that 1gp is worth roughly $412(US) as of today... assuming that gold is roughly as rare in D&D as it is here in the Prime Material Plane where we play it.

We aren't in the Prime Material plane.
We are more in an Anti-Magic Plane.
Being Anti-Magic means you cannot use Magic to travel here, which is why there are no wizards around.

Uncensored
2012-04-17, 08:35 PM
We aren't in the Prime Material plane.
We are more in an Anti-Magic Plane.
Being Anti-Magic means you cannot use Magic to travel here, which is why there are no wizards around.

I like to think they're just very good at hiding.

VGLordR2
2012-04-17, 09:15 PM
I may be missing something, but... I don't see anything that specifies that the object has to be nonmagical...