PDA

View Full Version : Fire, Fire, Everywhere. (IC)

Shazek
2012-04-16, 07:44 PM
Yesterday was fairly normal, by the standards of your life. Today... not so much. First off, when you woke up and looked outside, you noticed that the grass was on fire. Then you looked at the sky.

It was also on fire. At this point, you were fairly worried. Then you saw your bed. It, too was on fire. You jump up, and suddenly realize that everything you see is on fire - but it doesn't feel hot. As a matter of fact, it feels fairly cool. A few minutes pass, as you try to figure out what in the world is happening - and then it stops. The world is back to normal, nothing has changed, nobody at all seems to be unsettled at the fact that everything was just on fire.

After some investigation, you learn that no other people seem to have knowledge of the incident, save a bare few. One of these people has arranged a meeting at his estate in the country, and has invited all those who experienced "strange, fire-related hallucinations" to attend.

His name is Arath G'kal, a nobleman well known for his wide range of scholarly interests - and his eccentricity. He is also known to have a significant treasury of magical curiosities, one amassed over decades by his family.

You travel to his estate, and wait outside its silvery gate. Within is a thick, forested area, through which you cannot see. Over the tops of the trees, a spire of some strange metal is visible. You also see others who have seen what you have seen, and decided to attend the meeting.

As you all wait for some sign from within, the fires from earlier suddenly erupt again. Everything is covered in writhing, hypnotic flames, and this time, the area seems to get a bit warmer - though it could be your imagination.

From within the flames, a strangely happy voice suddenly speaks out. "And for the second time, the world burns. It begins."

When the voice stops speaking, so too the flames stop. Suddenly, you hear a piercing scream from within the gates, beyond the treeline.

The gates swing back at the scream, and you see a path through the trees appear - but a bend prevents you from seeing beyond the treeline.

Green Leviathan
2012-04-17, 05:52 PM
Brandon Grit

Snapped from his stupor by the piercing scream Brandon looks around taking in his surroundings, seeing no more flames and making sure his own supernatural heat is currently suppressed takes a step forward. "I know not why these visions were shown to us, but i for one will face it head on.". Feeling the early weight of age press upon him he steps forward secure in his full plate armor and dry faith.

Villskap
2012-04-18, 10:24 AM
"Hey, wait for me!" called Ceive, drawing her morning star and hurrying to catch up to the Brandon. "I don't think that scream was part of the vision." She looked warily around the trees, trying to listen with her dependable ears for any further sounds that might have come from someone in distress, or from an attacker.

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-18, 06:44 PM
Jhank growls, "Illusions, fire, and promises of death? This stinks of the work of Tiamat!" Drawing his chain, the dragonborn races ahead along the path.

Shazek
2012-04-18, 08:56 PM
As you advance into the woods, past the gate, you see a reddish glow coming from past the trees ahead of you. The source of the glow does not seem to be around the bend, but rather past the trees. The woods seem too thick to move between, and you cannot see anything past them besides the glow. Looking around the bend, you see that the path continues for a short while, and then bends back again. As you walk, you hear another scream, which is immediately drowned out by a roar of rage, like that of a predator having lost its prey. Then the sound of crackling flames reaches your ears.

Here is what you all can see, at the moment.

http://s10.postimage.org/80edzvb8l/maptool_1_3_b87.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/80edzvb8l/)

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-19, 02:35 AM
Arran sprints into the forest behind the others, trying to keep up.

"What do you suppose that was?"

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-19, 10:39 AM
"Someone in danger, clearly! Perhaps it is a beast who started this fire, or is taking advantage of it...in any case, forward!"

Ghank will take a double move action; he'll move to L22, then keep moving forward to J22, with 20 ft. of movement left. What does he see from there?

Shazek
2012-04-19, 11:17 AM
As you look around the corner of the bend, you see that the path of trees continues on for a short while, before opening up into a grassy area. A small rocky formation appears to be located on the right of the trees. In front of that is an immense mass of flames, perhaps nearly half as tall as the trees around you, towering over the rocks. It is, when you arrive, pounding at them as if trying to break or melt them away, but you cannot see why. As you look, you realize with horror that the flame has heard you, as it looks straight in your direction. It turns away from the rocks and looks directly at you, having no trouble seeing you in spite of the great distance.

It gives off a roar like the last one, this time with words in some strange language added in.

Ignan:
"Another, here? I am lucky."

Roll for initiative.

The elemental's Initiative: [roll0]

Map:
http://s16.postimage.org/bz8m0lnht/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/bz8m0lnht/)

Shazek
2012-04-19, 11:21 AM
Fixed Initiative: (For Real, this Time)

[roll0]

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-19, 12:34 PM
Ghank's initiative: [roll0]

He'll finish his move to I18, and yells out, "A great mass of fire is ahead, and it speaks!"

Villskap
2012-04-19, 12:41 PM
Ceive readies herself as she hears the thing around the bend speaking, and wishes she had managed to keep up closer behind her new friend.

initiative roll: [roll0]
Also, given the yelled back description, I'm presuming that I can make a knowledge: arcana check to see if I recognize it. But I'll let you tell me before I jump to conclusions.
Knowledge: Arcana: [roll1]

Green Leviathan
2012-04-19, 04:47 PM
Brandon

Initiative [roll0]
Moving forward, Brandon hears the language of the fire plane and the says in a calm flat voice,"Fear not the flame, i will protect you from its bite. I cannot reach you goliath, take care."

ooc:assuming i go first, Brandon moves forward to K22 and casts Resist Energy Mass (fire). Everyone (but Jhank) has resist fire (20) for 70 min.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-19, 04:50 PM
Upon hearing Ghank's shout, Arran shifts into a fighting stance.

Initiative: [roll0]
Entering Assassin's Stance.

Shazek
2012-04-19, 05:14 PM
Brandon, you're up.

Initiative Order:
Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Ceive:
Given that this is an elemental, it would be a Knowledge: The Planes check to recognize it, not Knowledge: Arcana. As you are untrained in that, using your roll, you have a 10. All you can recognize is that it is a fire elemental, which ought to be common knowledge. You learn nothing of its strengths or weaknesses beyond that it is made of fire.

Map:

http://s13.postimage.org/x3qojqslv/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/x3qojqslv/)

Shazek
2012-04-20, 03:40 PM
As Brandon casts his magic, the fiery thing seems to somehow draw more power to its fists, and the flames on them glow white-hot. It rushes forwards to the trees, lighting them aflame with its presence, and waits at the mouth of the path for someone to come forwards.

A Swift Action, and movement to the mouth of the path.

Arran, Ceive, and Ghank post in any order you wish. I'll resolve them in order.

Initiative Order:
Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Map:

http://s13.postimage.org/fm7vgosdf/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/fm7vgosdf/)

Shazek
2012-04-20, 04:01 PM
As Brandon casts his magic, the fiery thing seems to somehow draw more power to its fists, and the flames on them glow white-hot. It rushes forwards to the trees, lighting them aflame with its presence, and waits at the mouth of the path for someone to come forwards.

A Swift Action, and movement to the mouth of the path.

Arran, Ceive, and Ghank post in any order you wish. I'll resolve them in order.

Initiative Order:
Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Map:

http://s13.postimage.org/fm7vgosdf/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/fm7vgosdf/)

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-20, 04:15 PM
Arran rushes forward, then stops dead as soon as he sees the fiery fist-fighter.

Double move to I22.

Villskap
2012-04-20, 06:18 PM
Ceive also runs forward, trying to catch up. But being a halfling, her short legs don't carry her around the bend in the path.

Double-move to L22. At some point in the future once we've worked together a bit more, I think it would be a good idea to agree that we're all moving together, a set distance apart and in a set formation, when out of initiative order. Also, I'll be finishing the stats on my familiar and such shortly, sorry about that.

Shazek
2012-04-20, 06:25 PM
Updated map:

http://s7.postimage.org/jfiy6zb0n/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/jfiy6zb0n/)

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-20, 09:55 PM
Ghank charges, moving 10 ft. closer to the elemental, and full attacks with two quick slashes of his chain.

OOC:

Power attacking for 5:
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Knock-Down roll, if I hit: [roll2]
(Trip check is +7 Str, +4 from Powerful Buil, +4 from Improved Trip)
Not using Knockback.

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]

Knock-Down roll, if I hit: [roll5]

If I succeed in tripping the elemental, Improved Trip attack:
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Shazek
2012-04-21, 08:46 AM
As Ghank charges forwards, the flaming behemoth extends a massive arm and swipes at him.

AoO for leaving I17.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1] bludgeoning + [roll2] Fire
Make a DC 22 Reflex save to avoid being caught on fire.

As Ghank's chain flies at the elemental, it dodges them with unnatural quickness, and neither blow lands.

Now might be a good time to mention that you really shouldn't rely on the SRD stats for this thing. I made a couple of modifications.

Brandon, you're up.

Initiative Order:
Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Updated map:
http://s16.postimage.org/s7gixtao1/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/s7gixtao1/)

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-21, 08:54 AM
Ha! Foolish elemental!

Reflex save: [roll0]

EDIT2: I'M NOT ON FIIIIRE!

Green Leviathan
2012-04-23, 05:25 PM
Brandon rounds the corner and see's that the fire beast is larger then he though and blocking the only avenue. He imbues a word with magic and shouts in Ignan "FLEE!".

Move to I20 and cast Command, Will vs DC 15, worth a shot i guess.

Shazek
2012-04-23, 06:51 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

The fiery titan ignores the shouting of the small thing out of its reach, in favor of smashing the nuisance in front of it.

Shazek
2012-04-23, 06:54 PM
The elemental bashes the man in front of it with both of its arms, trying to deal with the most immediate threat.

Full Attack on Ghank:
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1:[roll1] bludgeoning + [roll2] Fire
Actually, 2d8+6 fire. Damage is 15.

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4] bludgeoning + [roll5] Fire
Again, 2d8+6, so 11

Shazek
2012-04-23, 06:57 PM
Confirming Crit:

The fire damage dice aren't multiplied for a crit, so 6.

The elemental's first blow is immensely powerful, and the second follows quickly after, burning with that strange flame. Both strike Ghank dead on, slaying the man nigh-instantly.

39 Bludgeoning and 61 (32) Fire damage to 58 HP.

The flames roar in triumph, and again the strange, burning language comes from the elemental.

Ignan:
"He burns!"

Initiative Order:
Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Map:

http://s7.postimage.org/57apuyw2v/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/57apuyw2v/)

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-23, 07:12 PM
...Ghank falls over, quite dead, his body burned all over.

Somehow, I think maybe I shouldn't have just charged in.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-24, 05:34 PM
Arren leaps forward, concentrating intensely on the swirl of flame, and strikes out with his fists.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade maneuver.
Concentration: [roll0]
If the result beats the Elemental's AC, the Elemental is flat-footed against this attack, and I deal bonus damage.

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sapphire Nightmare bonus damage: [roll3]
If it's Flat-Footed, and if I can Sneak Attack it, Assassin's Stance grants me another 2d6 precision damage.
Sneak Attack: [roll4]

Now, switching to the Stonefoot Stance as a Swift action, for +2 AC.
AC: 25.

Shazek
2012-04-24, 07:27 PM
As Arran moves towards the fire, it lashes out at him, not once, but twice.

2 AoO's. It has Combat Reflexes and very high Dex.

Attack: [roll3]
Damage:[roll4] bludgeoning + [roll5] Fire

I assume your change to Stonefoot Stance is after your attack, since you mention damage from Assassin's Stance, so you have AC 23?

In spite of his skill and focus, Arran fails to hit the beast at all.

It has AC 20, which makes your Concentration Check a fail. Furthermore, since it failed, you take a -2 on your attack roll, making it a 19, a miss. (which I found out by checking the ToB)

Villskap
2012-04-24, 08:11 PM
Ceive moves around the corner to I-21 and abuptly stops, exclaiming "Oh snap! Ux Jhank tib-!"
With a moment's thought, she stops herself from saying her fallen companion's full name and begins speaking magic words. Lightning crackles from her finger tips and eyes, as she raises her morning star into the air and an arc jumps between her motioning hand and her full one towards the elemental.
*KRAAHCK*

Ceive casts Seeking Ray, getting a +1 competence bonus to her caster level from her Ring of Mystic Lightning. Ranged touch-attack that ignores the penalties from cover and firing into melee.

Attack Roll: [roll0]

And if it hits, deals 4d6 electricity damage: [roll1]
and also establishes a link of energy between me and the elemental for 8 rounds.

"Arran, get away if you can!" she yells as she finishes her spell.

Green Leviathan
2012-04-25, 05:41 PM
Brandon see's Jhank take a mortal wound and Brandon lets a spell snap in him fast as a thought to keep him from the clutches of death.

Close Wounds!
[roll0]
this happens as an Imediate action as soon as Jhank takes damage so he should get his turn, albeit in the negatives.

Then Brandon quickly moves up to his shattered body they starts to convert a spell into healing energy.

Move to I17 and convert Divine Retaliation into cure serious wounds
[roll1]

Shazek
2012-04-25, 06:25 PM
Ghank, you are alive! Albeit at -7 HP, you live! The timely action of Brandon saved you from utter annihilation.

Ceive's Ray misses the mass of fire by inches, as it bends unnaturally to evade.

Ghank's stabilization roll: [roll0] 91-100 succeeds. [SPOILER]

As Brandon moves forward and heals Ghank, the flaming creature lashes out at him, noting his distraction.

[SPOILER]
AoO for casting in a threatened square:
Damage:[roll2] bludgeoning + [roll3] Fire

Brandon's Concentration check to avoid losing his spell: [roll4]

As the fiery thing realizes that the one immediately in front of it is perhaps the most dangerous, it lashes out at him twice, as it did before.

Full Attack on Arran:

Attack: [roll5]
Damage:[roll6] bludgeoning + [roll7] Fire

Attack: [roll8]
Damage:[roll9] bludgeoning + [roll10] Fire

Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

Updated Map:

http://s14.postimage.org/43uy58s9p/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/43uy58s9p/)

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-25, 07:03 PM
Arran grimaces in pain, barely standing. As his vision clouds, he decides once and for all to go all-out against this Elemental.
Leaping into the air, he brings his heel smashing into the Elemental.

Swift action, switching to Assassin's Stance. Just going to try and lay down as much hurt as I can.
Initiating Death From Above.
"As part of this maneuver, you attempt a DC 20 Jump check. If this check succeeds, you can make a single melee attack against an opponent that you were adjacent to when you began this maneuver.

Your attack deals an extra 4d6 points of damage, and your opponent is considered flat-footed against this attack. You then land in any square adjacent to the target of this attack, though no more than 20 feet away from your starting position. If your Jump check fails, you remain in the last square you occupied before the Jump check and can make a single attack normally. The maneuver is still considered expended."

Jump check: (To hit a DC of 20: [roll0]

Attack roll, if the Jump Check succeeds, the Elemental is flat-footed against this: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Death From Above damage, if the Jump check succeeds: [roll3]
Sneak Attack, if the Jump check succeeds: [roll4]
Finally, if the Jump check succeeds, I get to move to I11. Gonna get some flanking up in here.

HP and AC are both 23.

Shazek
2012-04-25, 08:30 PM
Arran's blow slams into the elemental, injuring it for the first time since the beginning of combat. However, as he hits it, the flames that comprise its body lick at him, trying to gain revenge. Thanks to Brandon's spell, they fail to injure him.

[roll0] Make a Listen check, everyone. And a Spot check, for that matter. Continue with your actions as normal, though.

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-25, 08:36 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Villskap
2012-04-25, 10:46 PM
Ceive steps backward and takes a breath, relieved to see that her new friend is still alive. Once more summoning the crackling lightning, she tries again to establish a conduit to the elemental.

5-foot step backward to I-22.
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Seeking Ray touch attack that ignores penalties from cover and shooting into melee:
[roll2]
And the electrical damage if it hits:
[roll3]

EDIT: And the with the forgotten bonus of the Alertness feat, I actually got spot and listen rolls 2 higher.

Shazek
2012-04-26, 07:08 PM
The ray of lightning slams into the creature of flame, and establishes a tether of energy. The electricity arcs over the beast's form, obviously injuring it.

Initiative Order

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Ghank

After Ghank posts, I'll give the results of those checks.

Updated Map:

http://s16.postimage.org/oxo01bso1/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/oxo01bso1/)

IthilanorStPete
2012-04-26, 09:11 PM
Ghank groans and shudders with pain, glad to be alive. He quickly mutters to Brandon, "Thank you, my friend. I'm sorry to leave you somewhat uncovered, but I must attend to my own needs." He then whispers a word in Gol'Kaa and quickly teleports right behind Brandon. Then he brushes the flames off his body, and taps his belt to start healing his wounds.

Swift: Activate Anklets of Translocation, teleporting to I18. This does not provoke.
Move: Put out the fire.
Standard: Activate my Belt of Healing, burning all three charges for [roll0] HP.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-27, 04:26 AM
Spot check: [roll0]
Listen check: [roll1]

Shazek
2012-04-27, 05:56 PM
Brandon's Spot and Listens:

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Those of you who beat a DC 10 Listen Check:

You hear a great clanking and stomping coming from the area behind the elemental.

Those of you who beat a DC 20 Spot Check:

From behind the elemental, you see a large group of dwarves, clad in plate armor, marching forwards towards it. There are around a dozen of them, and all seem to be carrying axes. They are focused on the elemental.

Initiative Order

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Dwarves
Ghank

Updated Map:

http://s7.postimage.org/o8m7lvjnb/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/o8m7lvjnb/)

Green Leviathan
2012-04-29, 08:21 PM
Focusing on not providing an opening while casting Brand converts another spell into healing energy.

convert desiccate to healing.
[roll0] vs 17 concentration check to cast defensivly
[roll1]healing to jhank if spell goes off

Shazek
2012-04-30, 07:26 PM
The thing of flames also hears the dwarves' approach, and rounds on them as they come near. It mindlessly charges at them, seeing far more to burn than the few, stronger foes it had been fighting.

As it reaches them, it lashes out with a fiery fist at the lead dwarf.

Charge movement to I4-K6, attacking the dwarf in I3 at +2. Provokes an AoO from Arran at +2 AC (Would be +4, due to Mobility, but -2 for charging)

Also provokes AoO's from the lead 4 dwarves.

Dwarf Attack: [roll0]
Dwarf Damage:[roll1]

Dwarf Attack: [roll2]
Dwarf Damage:[roll3]

Dwarf Attack: [roll4]
Dwarf Damage:[roll5]

Dwarf Attack: [roll6]
Dwarf Damage:[roll7]

Forgot they only have 5ft. reach.

Elemental Attack: [roll8]
Elemental Damage:[roll9] bludgeoning + [roll10] Fire
Make a DC 22 Reflex save to avoid being caught on fire. Moot, as the minimum damage is more than the dwarf's health

Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Ceive
Dwarves
Ghank

Updated Map:

http://s15.postimage.org/6mr9d0gp3/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/6mr9d0gp3/)

HearTheRequiem
2012-05-03, 03:17 PM
Arran moves out of the forest, trying to guage the fight between the dwarves and the elemental.

Moving to...K14.

Villskap
2012-05-03, 04:55 PM
Ceive, happy to see Ghank moving on his own already, calls out "Ux Jhank, step back and let me by!"
As she calls, she braces herself to run forward, reaching into her spell component pouch...

Delaying my initiative until after Ghank's turn, as I need to be able to move to where he's standing. ((Please move :smallbiggrin:))

Shazek
2012-05-03, 06:51 PM
Arran:

As you leave the forest, you see more of what the elemental had earlier been focusing on. Instead of a solid rock, as his original target had appeared, it is apparent that there is a fissure within the rock. Within, you see only shadows. A path leading towards the tower visible in the distance is off to the side a little, pathed with great yellow stones. The dwarves seem to be largely uninjured, but one of their number is quite obviously dead. The elemental seems as it did before it left the entrance of the forest.

The dwarves do not seem perturbed at the death of one of their number, but rather work to surround the flaming behemoth, ignoring the lashing of its fiery fists.

Lots of dwarf movement, lots of AoO's. See the map for results.

Dwarf Attacks:

Dwarf Attack: [roll8]
Dwarf Damage:[roll9]

Dwarf Attack: [roll10]
Dwarf Damage:[roll11]

Dwarf Attack: [roll12]
Dwarf Damage:[roll13]
None are flanking this turn, and two of these are subject to AoO's. Those will be the first two rolls on each.

Elemental AoO's:

Attack: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]
Attack: [roll16]
Attack: [roll17]
Attack: [roll18]
Attack: [roll19]

A hit is an auto-kill, so no need for damage rolls.

Edit: Six attacks, six kills. Cannon fodder is cannon fodder.

Although, one dwarf managed to hit it. Kinda surprising.

Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ghank
Ceive

Map:

http://s17.postimage.org/oyngy7ror/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/oyngy7ror/)

IthilanorStPete
2012-05-03, 07:46 PM
Ghank moves up behind the rock, and prepares an attack on the elemental if it comes within his reach.

Move: Move up to H13
Standard: Ready an action to attack the elemental if it comes within range.

Villskap
2012-05-03, 09:37 PM
Ceive leaps forward to the spot where Ghank was standing and stretches out her arm, her hand pointing at the fire elemental as if accusing it of the murder of the dwarves. A tiny spark of blue light appears from her fingertip, soaring straight forward until it is right behind the elemental, where it explodes into a torrent of electricity.

Move to I-18, use 1 charge from the Ring of Mystic Lightning, and cast Lightningball (Electrical energy substitution fireball) targeted at the junction between I-7 and H-8.
The dwarves should be out of the radius, but the elemental will be taking 7d6 + 2d6 = 9d6 electrical damage, half that if it makes a the reflex save of 18.

Damage: [roll0]

Edit: I made a mistake here. Didn't know that casting metamagic takes longer for a sorcerer.

casts a spell on herself, the air around her shimmering slightly.

Mage Armor then I suppose. It won't do to get in range of this thing without more AC.

Shazek
2012-05-05, 06:26 AM
Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ghank
Ceive

Updated Map:

http://s17.postimage.org/ve98bzhdn/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/ve98bzhdn/)

Green Leviathan
2012-05-06, 10:19 AM
Brandon admires the dwarves courage but know he can do little for them. he moves up to arran and converts yet another spell to holy energy. My energies dwindle, but gain what strength i can give.

convert circle of protection to healing
[roll0]

Shazek
2012-05-06, 06:51 PM
The elemental lashes out at the dwarves, trying to burn them to ashes.

More Full Attack goodness.

Miraculously, one of the dwarves successfully avoids injury from the first swipe from the elemental. The second, however, is not nearly so lucky.

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ghank
Ceive

Map:

http://s10.postimage.org/vfjg2xz2d/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/vfjg2xz2d/)

HearTheRequiem
2012-05-09, 10:38 AM
Arran nods at Brandon, and shifts his weight slightly.
"Thankyou."

Then, he runs towards the elemental, and lets loose a flying kick.

Shifting to Assassin's Stance.
Charging to...K7, or J7, whichever is valid.
Charge attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Shazek
2012-05-09, 08:21 PM
As Arran charges, the elemental swipes at him, but nonetheless it takes the kick, which seems to injure it more than anything else has so far.

The Dwarves on the other side of the elemental continue trying to injure and distract it, hacking at it with their axes.

Attacks:

Initiative:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ghank
Ceive

Map:

http://s14.postimage.org/e816bdo59/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/e816bdo59/)

Shazek
2012-05-09, 08:22 PM
Oops! Forgot the elemental's AoO.

IthilanorStPete
2012-05-10, 09:43 PM
I'll delay; I'm hesitant to try getting near that thing again.

Note to self: Find a psion to scribe some Psionic Tattoos of Expansion for me.

Villskap
2012-05-10, 11:35 PM
Ceive runs forward to the edge of the woods and raises both hands, electricity humming from her hands as she raises them up. A pair of bolts spring forward from her empty hand and her morningstar.

Move forward to I-14.
Spend a charge from the Ring of Mystic Lightning and 2 charges from the Circlet of Mages, and cast Shocking Ray (Electrical Energy Converted Scorching Ray) at the upper right square of the elemental.

This fires 2 rays immediately, which I believe both do 6d6 points of electrical damage due to the ring. Also, I can avoid the -4 penalty for shooting into melee, because the part of target I'm aiming at is 10 feet away from the nearest ally.

Ranged Touch Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] electrical

Ranged Touch Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] electrical

That leaves me with 4 uses of Metamagic Specialist.
Seeking Ray Tether: 6 rounds remaining

Shazek
2012-05-12, 09:40 PM
The rays of lightning both strike true on the fiery thing, obviously harming it greatly. It roars in pain, and calls out, in Ignan, "Burn, all of you!"

Initiative:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ceive

Ghank (Delaying)

Map:

http://s17.postimage.org/9vysh0v2j/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/9vysh0v2j/)

Green Leviathan
2012-05-13, 09:32 AM
brandon moves to I12 in turns another spell to heal h13
[roll0]

Shazek
2012-05-13, 09:33 PM
The enraged, but weakened, flames lash out at the poor, poor dwarves.

Both of its heavy blows land true, and both the dwarves die.

Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ceive

Ghank (Delaying)

Map:

http://s14.postimage.org/yha6v2r59/maptool_1_3_b88.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/yha6v2r59/)

Shazek
2012-05-27, 01:06 PM
As the elemental continues to slaughter the dwarves, Arran and those dwarves who remain, try to finish the beast off.

Attack from Arran, Attack from the dwarves.

Arran Attack (Flanking) [roll0]
Arran Damage [roll1]
Sneak Attack [roll2]

Dwarf Attack (Flanking): [roll3]
Dwarf Damage:[roll4]

Dwarf Attack: [roll5]
Dwarf Damage:[roll6]

While neither dwarf manages to hit the elemental, Arran's blow nearly finishes it off.

It is now Disabled.

Initiative Order:

Brandon
Elemental
Arran
Dwarves
Ceive

Ghank (Delaying)

See Previous Map

Villskap
2012-05-28, 04:03 PM
Ceive, seeing that the elemental's guard is down, creates a small orb of icy cold fog in her hand, which she throws at it. "Freeze."

Casting Lesser Orb of Cold at the elemental, and spending my last charge on the Circlet of Mages to retain the spell slot.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] cold damage

Shazek
2012-05-29, 05:32 PM
As the frozen orb strikes the colossal beast of fire, nothing seems to happen. However, a moment later, frost bursts from the point of impact, covering the fiery figure. As the fire freezes, you hear a whisper in Ignan."I... feel cold. Strange."

With these words, the ice covers the elemental, and suddenly a great cracking is heard, before it shatters. Shards of frozen fire fly everywhere, though thankfully none move at a dangerous speed. With this, it is over.

Combat End! Ceive, Brandon, and Arran (if he's still here) receive 525 XP. Jhank receives 675 XP.

Immediately after the thing is truly, finally gone, the dwarves both fall to their knees and weep, seeing ten of their comrades as charred hulks.

Villskap
2012-06-01, 05:48 PM
Ceive approached the place where the fire elemental stood, and quietly tilted her head in reverence. If none of the dwarves had survived, she would have angrily scolded the dead for throwing themselves to their own doom so. But she held her tongue for the sake of those who were grieving, and merely put a hand on the shoulder of one of them. They were brave. Stupid, but still brave.

Shazek
2012-06-09, 11:03 AM
A few minutes pass while the last two dwarves grieve over their fallen comrades, before the pair stands, obviously still shaken over what has just occurred. The taller of the two addresses you, "I am Glosk, member of the Redstone clan. Those of us here were the guards of this estate. Lord Arath did us a great service once, long ago, and we have guarded him since. Tell him our debt is paid, please. We must leave, and tell the clan of what has happened here." After this, the two dwarves leave, ignoring the corpses of their compatriots, obviously desperate not to be bothered further, barely keeping their composure as is.

When the two have departed, a woman comes out from between the rocks the elemental had been striking at when you arrived. She seems to be in shock.