PDA

View Full Version : Croen IC

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-17, 11:59 AM
You taste gritty, city mud in your mouths. You smell blood. You see only blackness. You feel only aches and pains.

You are shocked that you are still alive.

Your memories are still sharp. You remember the old gnome caravan master bickering with the Watch Captain at the Croen Mud Gate. You remember three musket balls piercing the little man's chest and him falling over into the mud. You remember dozens of men in royal blue surcoats shooting, stabbing, beating.

You suppose you should be grateful that you are still alive, even if just barely. You look around, and recognize some of your fellows from the caravan. You had travelled so long from the Northern Cantons, only for the entire trip to end this way. Now, not only are you likely to never get paid, but you have lost nearly everything to your name.

You look around. You see you are in a dark alley, a long row between two large buildings. You see windows dotting them, some with clotheslines strung between them. You hear the distant din of a city going about its daily business. The sun still hangs in the sky, though it is impossible to tell exactly what time it is as you cannot see where it is against the buildings that surround you.

"Well well... looks like some babies mixed up with the Bluebellies..." you hear a creaky voice crackle near you. You look over and see an old begger, a few copper coins in his wooden bowl. He's sucking on a dry chicken bone. He cackles at you with a mouth missing most of its teeth. "Welcome to Croen."

Morbis Meh
2012-04-17, 01:09 PM
Isaiah opens his eyes the cold sensation of wet mud prickles his chest My they sure are thorough round here, hope my shirt is the only thing they took off... Sitting up slowly he winced at the aching protest of his body, he didn't understand why they had attacked him, he had accepted their terms and was in in the process of giving him most of what he owned. Though they scoffed at his pistol, a mistake made by the ignorant. Spitting out a wad of blood from his mouth he rose slowly looking for his hat which was not far from where he had fallen as he walked overto it he felt the pressure of his emergency bullets press against the top of his feet. Host face turned grim he would reserve one of those bullets for the caption. A man had to walk his own road but je also had to accept the consequences of his actions and pay for his mistakes. They had let him live which was.their first, they left him his gun and they neglected to search his.entire body.

Dusting off his hat he places it atop host head while looking around. Noting that the others were in similar positions he walks over to where his gun lay and picks it up gingerly. The weight and feel of his gun put him at ease; gripping the worn sandlewood he gently puts it back in its holster. He looks over to the man who had spoken and casually tips his hat "Thank you sah, I see the day right now is boding well for you." He gestures with his head to the bowl and quickly puts on his shirt and coat. "By any chance would you know where a suitable place for people in our situation might find respite? I do realize that this must happen rather frequently so I am assuming you have witnessed this on many occasions. A word of advice though sir, I think you would get better results if you set up outside the city gates." Smiling wryly at his jest he walks towards where the where old sell sword lay and gives him a light kick whilst saying "Get up Svald no time to be resting those old.bones of yours we have some work to do and not the pleasant kind either."

stack
2012-04-17, 01:52 PM
Kaleb slowly picks himself up, spitting blood onto the dirt. Couldn't even wait until we got into the town proper before mugging us. A truly hospitable place. No wonder the murderers live here. Probably have friends in the guard, if the uniformed bandits are any indication the whole place is corrupt.

He looks about, nodding to the beggar. Some survived. Good. They may be useful. I knew I would need allies, I didn't know it would be so soon.

He ducks into a shadow, stepping back out clean. "Well, they have said their hellos, nowhere to go but up, right?" He feigns a smile, wearing the mask of the jolly halfling.

prestidigitation!

Comissar
2012-04-17, 03:02 PM
Svalder comes to with a throbbing pain in both his head and a sharp pain in his side. The taste of blood filled his mouth. Gingerly, he checked for broken bones. The last thing he needed to do was make things worse than they already were.

Blasted guards, too cowardly for a fair fight.

Confident that his injuries were superficial, Svalder pushed himself to his feet, wincing a little as his legs protested.

"Feh, you should know better than to think I'd stop just because of something like that."

Svalder checked himself, to see what they'd taken. After a few seconds he fished out a single knife, a clear look of dissapointment on his face.

"Even if I am going to have to go after them with just this."

Turning to the beggar, and with a dark look in his eyes he said "If you know who they are, then you better get talking."

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-17, 03:15 PM
The Beggar cackles out a half-hearted laugh while eyeing Svalder's weapon. "You are better off than most that pass through the Mud Gate when Captain Biaggio is on duty."

You remember the half-orc, obviously the leader of the watchmen, barking at his men to open fire upon your unsuspecting caravan.

"He's a mean one, for sure. But one piece of advice, child, don't go flashing steel in Mudwallop unless you are looking to use it..." The beggar chuckles to himself, showing no sign of fear or intimidation.

He looks at Isaiah blankly."I know my business, you best learn yours and quick. As for sleeping, well, does it look like I know any places where no-accounts without money can sleep in safety?"

He bursts out laughing, as if to some private joke.

Lifeson
2012-04-17, 05:59 PM
Pulling himself up off the ground, Stark rubs muck, blood, and whatever else he didn't know or want to know off of himself. Thoroughly disgusted with his current state of being and how he came to this place, he made a mental note to get a more powerful cleanser than simple prestidigitation. Picking his hat up off the ground further relayed that message, as it was in possibly worse shape than himself. Unable to deem the inside of his hat fit to wear by any standard other than 'savage barbarian', he sneaks a low-key prestidigitation inside the hat anyways using the hat itself as cover. Upgraded from 'savage barbarian' to 'fit for dwarvish consumption' (i.e. from negative ten to negative four), Stark sighed and replaced the still-very-dirty hat upon his head.

Hat? Check. Spellbook? Still secured in the custom-added massive pocket in the back of his coat, thankfully. Being the cautious type, Stark pulled the small tome out to double-check the contents. The bright, flashy cover embossed with childish imagery and the title "Dean's Big Book of Monsters and Fairy Tales for Young Winchesters" was enough to fool the guards apparently, despite the mockery he had also received for it. Finding the contents still secured inside and relatively untouched, he replaced it back into its jacket pocket and turned to his surroundings now that he himself was in one piece. Damn shame about the rest of the missing stuff though. How the guards stole his ink and parchment and not the spellbook still amazed Stark. Just how dumb is that half-orc, anyways? How the hell do you get someone like that in command?

Seeing that some of the other victims were also coming to in the alleyway, Stark figured he'd offer to stick with at least one of the others. Seeing the halfling clean, Stark decided to 'buddy up' with the other clear spellcaster first. "Oh, there's lower. I'm sure our welcome committee could've seen to that too. There's lots of room to climb upwards though, should the opportunity arise. I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever introduced myself, I'm Stark Winchester," he says with a smile and open hand to the halfling. Friendliness seemed to be the best opening interaction, despite the current environment.

stack
2012-04-18, 07:12 AM
The halfling takes the offered hand. "Kaleb. I suppose you are right, though let's not find out what is below this alley just yet. Know, I have a bit of still in certain areas, perhaps our local expert would be so kind as to point me in the direction of either a tavern in need of a story or a guild of entertainers. I seem to be entirely devoid of coin at present and would not presume to ask aid from any of you, despite our shared circumstances."

His thoughts run entirely tangent to his words. Captain Biaggio, half orc, Mud Gate. I won't forget you, will I?

Looking for a way to make cash. I presume unlicensed performing leads to broken knees, but perhaps a telling stories for a meal would be under the radar. Finding the local bards, maybe getting a side or part-time gig for cash (he can dance and talk, so most likely dancing). I find the idea of the little engine of vengeance working as a back-up dancer rather hilarious.

Keeping a list of people to pay back.

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-18, 09:37 AM
The beggar shakes his head some more. "Good luck finding a free tavern, most performers don't like having their territory intruded upon. I've seen more than one minstrel gutted like a Dire Shark."

He shrugs. "Anyhow, you are crimping on my business here. If you are looking for food or money, the Mudwall Vipers are always looking for muscle, if you catch their leader on a good day. Don't think you are keen on starvation. They're that way" He tilts his head further down the alley. "On Galin Street, at the Drunken Grindylow."

stack
2012-04-18, 09:44 AM
"I thought as much, hence also inquiring as to an entertainers guild. No reason to step on toes before knowing who they are attached to."

Morbis Meh
2012-04-18, 10:16 AM
Bishop looks on at the halfling trying to find work as an entertainer but he could see past the surface of this man and he knew those wasn't his actual business. He could smell blood on this one sure as the rooster crows though he did not judge him for it. Deciding to play along with this one's ruse he says "A minstrel are you, I don't know about Svalder here but the business of entertainment is out of my ken, though the old codger here man have nice legs to show off." Smiling he looks at the other man before him, he was definitely of the softer variety bit you'd be a fool to write off some one based off of looks . Why he saw a man shoot lightening from his fingertips in a fight, though Isaiah was fortunate not to be involved with that one. Looking at that fellow's eyes, Isaiah could tell he had a cruel streak within him.

He thought on the beggar's suggestion and knew it was sound though hr thought it best to let the others come to seeing as how they were in the same situation and there was safety in numbers. Deciding to at least return the gesture of greeting, Isaiah tips his hat at the others "People call me Bishop, this one here coined it a while back and it stuck, I am one of the fastest guns in the Thailen kingdoms and I reckon you could use a man like me in these here parts." He nods towards Svalder as he mentions the origins of his nickname.

Artemis97
2012-04-18, 10:33 AM
Anastrianna Nailo was one of the first to fall in the altercation with the city guard, her rather frail elven frame unable to stand up against those thugs. She was also one of the last to wake up. She made a cry of distress, finding mud and who knows what else matting her silvery blonde hair. She tries to scrape it off, but it was no use. Her clothes were a mess too. She stood up, straightening them and checking herself over. Her body hurt, but thankfully she wasn't seriously injured.

"They took everything!" Anastrianna exclaims angrily, noticing that all of her things, her weapons, even her armor was gone. Well, not everything. The elf was glad she kept some things secret. "And they killed them! All of them..." Her voice drops to a weak whimper. There had been so much blood. By what miracle had they escaped the slaughter?

The others might recognize Anastrianna as one of the entertainers who travelled with the caravan. She was a dancer and a juggler specializing in knife tricks. She was usually armed when they were travelling and at least knew which end of her rapier to hold, but judging from how well she did in that last fight, probably hadn't seen much combat in her lifetime.

raspberrybadger
2012-04-18, 11:55 AM
Darren takes longer than is necessary to get off the ground. He's simply not used to this. As he slowly gets himself to actually move despite the pain, he's thinking and trying to figure out just where he his, what he's gotten himself into: What? I thought I'd prepared for this. Clearly, this is not so. Time for a goal adjustment. Security first. Darren checks that his familiar at least is all right, then listens to some of the others talking with the beggar. So I have to restrain myself from arguing against this injustice, and some of these have to restrain themselves from using violence. Useful to know. The name of the thug at the gate is also filed away for later. The talk about entertainment doesn't really interest him, but news of a potential employer does.

Darren exaggeratedly checks the places where his things had been, then says "And my name is Darren. I seem to have lost my money, and my means of obviously threatening people", his emphasis on the word obviously. He continues, this time acknowledging the elf who's just spoken: "Money could be useful, but protection, more so. An employer might provide some security. We'd get better security as a group, and we'd be better able to figure out if this is a real opportunity."

stack
2012-04-18, 12:06 PM
"Strength in numbers and all that. Sounds like a plan. Hope he has plenty of vacancies." The halfling starts down the indicated direction, keeping an eye out for any likely stones or loose bricks to tuck into his pockets, just in case.

Morbis Meh
2012-04-18, 12:45 PM
Isaiah takes off his boot and dumps out his emergency supply of bullets and carefully places them into his gun belt while putting one into the barrel of his gun. Putting his boot back on he moves on behind the halfling with a hand near his hip.

Comissar
2012-04-18, 01:21 PM
"Hah! Who are you calling old? You've been in this game just as long as I have."

Svalder only half listened to the others introductions, more interested in sizing them up. He'd travelled with them for a while anyway, now wasn't the time to be exchanging pleasentries. Bishop he already knew he could trust, he'd worked with him before. The elf who woke last seemed likely to be more of a liability than an aid. Both Kaleb and Stark were suspiciously clean, given how filthy the rest had become. Could be either luck or magic, either way worth keeping an eye on. He decided he liked Darren, he wasn't afraid to not so subtley tell everyone to keep their cool over the mugging they'd just gone through.

Seeing little reason not to, Svalder followed Kaleb as he left. He paused to raise an eyebrow as Bishop tipped some bullets out of his boot.

"I can't imagine why you thought that'd be a good place to keep your ammo. Difficult to get to in a fight, though I can't say I'm sorry that you have it."

Artemis97
2012-04-18, 01:39 PM
"We have to get our things back." Anastrianna states. "They can't do this to us. I won't stand for it." She was upset, fear turning to anger. The elf contuned to brush muck off of her clothes. Her spare clothes were in her pack in a wagon on the caravan. She hadn't even had a chance to grab it.

Comissar
2012-04-18, 01:58 PM
"You're welcome to go after them with nothing if you want," Svalder called over his shoulder, "Personally I'd prefer to be a bit better armed, and for that we'll need money."

Besides, couldn't harm to make a few connections with local organisations.

Morbis Meh
2012-04-18, 02:06 PM
Bishop smirks and turns around to face his companion "Aye, we have been in those game awhile bit you sah are older than I but don't worry I won't tell the pretty losses if they come a calling. An old trick always keep a reserve supply in a place some where one doesn't tend to look, not many people are brave enough to look in a boot of a wanderer."

He looks at the even lady and his face hardens into a scowl "Now see here miss, you settle down talking in that manner is more likely to get you killed rather than what you want. Right now.we are in no shape to go out waging war no matter how small. Use your head foe tjats what will keep you alive. You want revenge, that's fine, I figure those guards have it coming but if you do it do it on your own terms not theirs. Plan, strengthen, and survive; learn it and live it. " Bishop turns back around and continues to walk down the alley.

Artemis97
2012-04-18, 02:24 PM
"Don't patronize me." The elf all but spits. "I've learned that lesson. I've known it longer than you've been alive."

Morbis Meh
2012-04-18, 02:31 PM
Without breaking stride Isaiah answers "Then may I suggest you show it, age means spit to me. I have seen as many old fools as I have seen young, I have also learned to not turn away from advice. I meant no offense, just saying my piece is all.

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-19, 10:53 AM
The alley stretches onward for a while, criss-crossing with other alleys. You pass by multiple doors to buildings that are smashed together without any care for symmetry or architectural aesthetics. You pass by people, occasionally. All are obviously poor and dressed in rags, carrying on with bent backs or arthritic, knobby knees. Above you hear people on their balconies slinging gossip back and forth. Mostly women, it seems that it is early afternoon and most of the men are at work. Your group is eyed warily by all that you pass, and your disheveled, bruised appearance seems to add to the effect.

The alley suddenly ends at a bustling, cobbled street. A small sign hanging to your left says “Galin Street”. The street is lined with rickety fruit carts and storefronts. All of the offerings are sparse, their merchants wearing threadbare clothing and faded, moth-eaten hats of dull leather with wilted feathers jutting out. More peasants shuffle through the streets, mostly women examining goods that are available for their family’s evening meal, consisting of stale bread, wilted vegetables, bruised fruits, and the occasional small scrap of dried meat. Copper Commons exchange hands frequently though you see the occasional glint of Silver Royals. City Watchmen patrol the street, often in pairs. They are dressed in sturdy studded leather armor with a royal blue tabard bearing the Sigil of Duke Phillipi and proudly bear wide-brimmed hats. Muskets are slung over their back and both a short sword and iron-shod cudgel drape their hips.

You see small gangs of street thugs also, keeping wide berths from the watch, slinking in and out of alleys and bearing crude demeanors. Most of these fellows are armed rather poorly, most are wearing piecemeal affairs of crude leather and metal plates as “armor” while brandishing unimpressive clubs, knives, and less-frequently short blades or cutlasses. Some of these fellows have tattoos on their hands and forearms of a crudely-drawn snake. They stare at you malevolently as you pass. You feel that they themselves would accost you if you didn’t already present such a meager appearance.

Ahead, on the right, its entrance flanked by two more of the Viper gang thugs, stands a tavern, its sign depicting two grindylows dancing with foaming mugs of ale in their mitts. It is not very lively at the moment, being too early in the day, and the front door is closed.

stack
2012-04-19, 12:03 PM
Kaleb eyes the place disapprovingly, but shrugs. "A fine enough establishment for such as ourselves. Unless one of you secreted away a wagon of bread I was not informed of, then I suggest we go inside. Anyone want to make odds on the upstanding pillar of the community we go to meet already being apprised of our arrival? I suppose it is unsporting to bet when one has nothing to bet with"

He shrugs and, unless interrupted, enters, taking a moment to let his eyes adjust to the dimmer light.

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-19, 12:17 PM
Kaleb is stopped, actually.

One of the thugs holds up his leg to bar Kaleb's progress. "Hold it, pinty, we're closed. Now you and your friends get outta here before I have Gallo here introduce you to his alley piece..."

He tilts his head toward the other thug, who grins toothily while opening his vest slightly, revealing a small coat pistol.

stack
2012-04-19, 01:33 PM
"Now, friends, no need for a fuss. We happen to be looking for work, heard you may be able to use a few extra hands. I'm sure your boss wouldn't want you running off potential grunts, especially ones with talents as varied as ours."

diplomacy [roll0]

Man, need level 2 so I can use perform oratory for diplomacy :smallfrown:

Morbis Meh
2012-04-19, 02:06 PM
A tight smile forms on the lips of the gunslinger These boys certainly aren't worth the grip... maybe I should relieve them of their burden. Putting on an act, Isaiah stumbles up and trips, causing himself to launch forward into the man with the pistol.

sleight of hand check to steal the gun [roll0]
Also know that if he does fail this he will place his own pistol underneath the chin of the thugs

"Oof... Pardon me sah, my legs are still weak from the long trip, I ask for your forgiveness.

Comissar
2012-04-20, 02:22 AM
Svalder casually shifted his body so that his hand was resting on one of the knives he'd managed to save. This looked like it was going to turn ugly.

Blasted fool Bishop, how're we gonna explain this if we get caught?

Artemis97
2012-04-20, 07:59 AM
Anastrianna's eyes go wide when she sees the botched attempt to lift the gun. Damned fool! What was he thinking?! the elf tenses, getting ready to run or fight. If she ran, she'd probably be able to disappear into the crowd and avoid the altercation, but then she would be alone in the city. She knew she'd be too vulnerable on her own. She would have to stand with the others, for good or ill. Anastrianna readies the knife she had hidden up her sleeve and hoped this would go better than the last fight.

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-20, 01:01 PM
"Hey, stupid...watch where you...Hey! He took my piece!" Gallo cries, catching Bishop in the act of pilfering. He and his partner immediately draw their weapons, Gallo a dagger and the other a dagger and coat pistol of his own.

"Hey! We got trouble!" the other yells out. You can hear response cries coming from what seems all sides of you.

((Initiative Order))
1) Stark
2) Svalder
3) Anastriana
4) Kaleb
5) Bishop
6) Thugs
7) Darren

Combat Notes
Don't forget! You are in an open street, with civilians walking around. Lots of witnesses.
First round is a surprise round, only posts by Bishop and Kaleb will count.
Everyone is assumed to have their weapons sheathed, as they were not anticipating the sudden combat. Bishop has the coat pistol in his hand.

stack
2012-04-20, 01:10 PM
Kaleb flips backward, landing on one foot, then spinning with a sweeping low motion. "If you are going to be unpleasant about it, then let us dance." Why did that clumsy fool provoke a fight. We were simply talking. Bah, no subtlety. Though getting the gun was a nice move.

5' step backward, move to start bardic performance (dance), +2/+2 att/damage, self only

11/12 rounds left

Morbis Meh
2012-04-20, 01:30 PM
Feeling the smaller gun in host hand he back Damn, fool got lucky

Acting quickly he puts the newly acquired gun in his off hand to the chesrt of the one thugs and pulls out his own piece and points it at his compatriot. His hands calm and steady despite the situation. "Now let's not be hasty here fellas. We're here on our own business and don't take kindly to others interfering with our business. As for you two, you don't have the right to bear grips you have shown that much already. Any fool that shows his piece off like a child showing off his pecker. This doesn't have to come to violence me and my companions just wish to get by. So I ask of you to kindly sheath your weapons and let us move on with our day. Killing before getting a proper meal always makes for a bad day and let me tell you now if you so as much fart in an offensive matter I will gun you down. Mark my words I am a violent man and drawing blood is my business."

So using my action to draw my gun and intimidating... let us hope this works maybe we can deter them... may the dice gods grant me mercy [roll0]

TwoBitWriter
2012-04-20, 03:12 PM
Kaleb and Bishop take their actions.

Gallo is visibly shaken by Bishop's threats, but does not end his aggression. His dagger juts out toward Bishop's midsection and somehow connects, cutting deeply. ((5 damage)).

Gallo's partner pulls out his pistol and fires at Bishop, but somehow manages to miss at point blank range. You can hear the bullet whiz by and strike the building behind you.

The people walking the streets scream at the gunfire and rush this way and that, obstructing your movements. You can hear watchmen shouting in alarm, trying to maintain order. At the same time, you also see more viper-tattooed men approaching your location. It won't be long before they arrive.

((Surprise round is over, regular combat begins))

Artemis97
2012-04-20, 04:28 PM
Anastrianna curses under her breath. The other Vipers were closing fast. The guards too. If she and the others didn't get out of here soon, they were going to get killed.

The elf rushes forward, pulling the dagger from her sleeve and aiming to slam it into the thug with the gun. Best to disable him before he can get off another shot.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Comissar
2012-04-20, 04:57 PM
Svalder flinches a little at the sound of a gunshot. He hadn't expected them to open fire in a crowded area, knife fights maybe, but actively drawing the attention of guards?

This needs to stop before we get arrested.

"Don't kill them unless you want to get locked up!" He yelled, before taking a swing at the one who fired the shot with his knife.

Attack roll (non lethal damage, modifier included) - [roll0]

Damage Roll - [roll1]

Not done non-lethal damage in a long time so I double checked how it works, prepared to be told I made a mistake though

stack
2012-04-21, 12:41 PM
Continuing his flowing motions, Kaleb produces a stone from his pocket as he spins, tossing it with all his meager strength then dipping down as part of the follow-through.

attack [roll0] (4 Dex +1 small size +2 inspire courage (self only) -4 improvised weapon (presumably))
damage [roll1] (-1 STR +2 inspire courage)

The unbalanced weight of the stone makes the throw difficult. If I only had my blade!

Morbis Meh
2012-04-21, 05:21 PM
Bishop grunts as the blade digs deep into his flesh, he feels his blood begin to flow from the wound. Stupid boy... this is where you die.

Stepping back he fires upon the thug from point blank range, using a tactic he had developed in his younger years.

5ft step, using a grit point to use up close and deadly:
To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
precision damage [roll2]

raspberrybadger
2012-04-24, 01:44 PM
Darren agrees with Svalder, saying "Agreed. Quick, no killing.". He then quickly runs over his options in his head. No weapons. He's always been bad at fist fighting. He's not sure he could distract one of these guys, or what good it would do if he did. Spells are out. If one just falls asleep, people will look for a caster. Out of those failures he puts together a quick plan. Weapons. Distraction. Sleep hex. Someone else doing the fighting.

Darren looks around for an improvised weapon (or a weapon from a fallen foe), and he'll move to where he can get it if possible. Then, he readies himself to hex one of the thugs just before someone tries to hit him.

Move action towards a weapon, readied action to sleep hex right before someone melees a thug. The idea is to give +4 to the attack and deny dex, and then the target gets woken immediately, so it's not as obvious.

TwoBitWriter
2012-05-01, 06:03 PM
Initiative Order
1) Stark
2) Svalder
3) Anastriana
4) Kaleb
5) Bishop
6) Thugs
7) Darren

NPC-Stark makes a motion, like reaching into his coat, suddenly flinging out his hand toward Gallo's friend, a wave of acid splaying out from his fingers and striking the thug in the face. "They forgot the acid vial..." he mutters satisfactorily.

Svalder manages to knock the same thug with the flat of his dagger, hard against his temple. The man is obviously staggered from that and the vicious acid attack.

Anastriana cares more for pragmatism than preserving the thugs life, and deals the final blow on him, slipping her blade past his makeshift armor and deep inside his flank. The thug yowls in agony before slumping to the ground, dead, his pistol still gripped in his fingers.

Kaleb's stone misses its mark.

Bishop's bullet easily finds it's way to the thug's heart, killing him instantly.

At that moment, four more of the Viper's burst into view. Two are armed with clubs, one a dagger, and the fourth a sailor's cutlass. "Kill the bastards!" One of the thugs yells as they surge toward you.

Darren abstains from casting the sleep hex, as the target he had intended was killed and being too prudent to be too obvious with his magic.

stack
2012-05-01, 08:03 PM
This is going great! We can't even talk to a street gang without a fight. Kaleb thinks as he spins again, launching a stone at the nearest Viper.

continuing performance
attack [roll0] (4 Dex +1 small size +2 inspire courage (self only) -4 improvised weapon (presumably))
damage [roll1] (-1 STR +2 inspire courage)

Artemis97
2012-05-01, 10:02 PM
Anastriana reaches to snatch up the fallen thug's gun and stuff it in one of her pockets before turning and running. The Vipers were coming and there was no way they'd be able to fight them all.

"Run you fools!" She urges the others, picking a direction away from the mob. "This way!" If she was lucky, the elf might be able to find a way out of Viper territory.

Morbis Meh
2012-05-01, 10:08 PM
Bishop casually spits off to the side as he tucks the coat pistol into his belt while walking away from the other thugs and then proceeds to gingerly load another cartridge into his piece.

So move out of range from harm, to cover if able, while tucking in other gun as my move action and loading my gun as my standard action.

raspberrybadger
2012-05-02, 01:14 AM
Darren is sort of relieved that ordinary violence solved the problem without the need for him to do anything that might draw attention to himself. He wants a weapon too, as an obvious threat more than a real way of dealing out damage.
So, his first priority is to grab Gallo's dagger, assuming no enemy is beside him.

If there is exactly one enemy adjacent, he'll instead use a DC 14 sleep hex on him, then take his weapon if he dropped with a move action (I'm assuming you drop your weapon when slept). If there are multiple enemies adjacent, he'll withdraw, towards the others if possible.

That done, he'll do what he can to get behind cover. He's hoping to stay by Bishop, since Bishop is looking well armed.

Comissar
2012-05-02, 02:32 AM
Taking careful aim, Svalder threw the dagger in his hand at the one holding the sword before backing away from them. He didn't really want to tangle with the four thugs, it wasn't something he was sure he'd come out of in one piece. Drawing his second dagger as he backed off, he found himself next to Bishop.

"It's your fault this time you know."

Throwing a dagger at the guy with the cutlass before backing off to stand next to Bishop.

Attack Roll - [roll0]

Crit Confirm Roll if applicable (crossed fingers) - [roll1]

Damage Roll - [roll2] (Can't remember if the strength modifier applies to thrown weapons, assuming it does, -2 if not)

Come on, let's get this between the eyes.

Morbis Meh
2012-05-02, 08:53 AM
Bishop looks at his friend with a wry smile as he reload "Come now, this is not the time to point fingers. Besides those two were going to start something anyways, don't tell me that you forget what it's like to be young and stupid? I merely disarmed the fool before he shot someone. Those if we get out of this one we'll at least get some street cred which should make it easier to find sanctuary amongst one of their rivals."