PDA

View Full Version : What hardware is the server running on?

Winter
2012-04-17, 02:47 PM
Hi,

this is not (hidden) whining about slowness or some "smart proposal" how to fix stuff, I am just asking out of plain curiosity.

What hardware is the forum here running on? I'm merely interested in what scale we're looking at (CPU, RAM, HDD, maybe the connection as well as bonus and you made me content :smallsmile: )...

Rockphed
2012-04-17, 03:58 PM
I think the Giant might be reticent to share the exact details, but he did say that he could rent an apartment for what it costs to currently run the server. Also, the ads are generating between almost enough and no where near enough revenue to justify upgrading the servers.

Other than that, I doubt you will get much in the way of specifics.

Grinner
2012-04-17, 04:32 PM
It occurs to me that since most people rent bandwidth and storage space from server farms, the administrators may not have exact details available.

Roland St. Jude
2012-04-17, 04:46 PM
Sheriff: Other posters can't answer this, so there's really no point in leaving this open for public comment. I'm going to lock it and if Rawhide wants to share this information, he can post it through the lock. (Note: I doubt that will happen. We just don't usually share this kind of information.)