PDA

View Full Version : How does a craft reserve work in e6?

deuxhero
2012-04-17, 03:38 PM
Does it never refill past level 6? Does it refill whenever you get a feat?

Eldan
2012-04-17, 07:12 PM
There's probably no "official" ruling on it. The best you are likely to get are a few suggestions.

How about a level 6 feat that refills an artificers crafting reserve? That should be quite powerful, actually.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-04-17, 07:29 PM
I would go the E6 feat route, actually, where refilling one's craft reserve is explicitly made into a feat.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-04-17, 07:34 PM
I would go the E6 feat route, actually, where refilling one's craft reserve is explicitly made into a feat.

Either something like this, and make it able to be taken multiple times, or have a feat that goes along the lines of;

Inexhaustible Creator [Epic]: After selecting this feat, and after every 3rd [Epic] feat, refill your craft reserve to (amount of XP at 6th level).

Lonely Tylenol
2012-04-17, 07:41 PM
Either something like this, and make it able to be taken multiple times, or have a feat that goes along the lines of;

Inexhaustible Creator [Epic]: After selecting this feat, and after every 3rd [Epic] feat, refill your craft reserve to (amount of XP at 6th level).

Yeah, I'd probably go with a flat 100 each time you take it (technically this is the 5th level replenishment bonus, but you also have to keep in mind that you don't lose it each time you get a new feat), but you could go this route for a sense of pacing and to reduce the feat tax.

Alienist
2012-04-17, 08:35 PM
Does it never refill past level 6? Does it refill whenever you get a feat?

Which one?

If you're talking about the Artificer's class feature, then in the words of Admiral Akbar, its a trap.

Anyway, after level 6 you can't level up anymore, so who cares if making magic items costs xp? It's not like you'll be a lower level than anyone else.

On the off chance you did spend a feat to gain some xp for crafting, you should probably make sure that you get more xp (for crafting) than it costs you for the feat. So... if you're not getting like 6000xp or more in the crafting pool each time you take the feat then it is a sucker's bet.

Also, you can refill your crafting pool by sucking the mojo out of magic items.

For the other kinds of crafting pools, your mileage may vary, but I strongly suspect that burning a feat on them isn't worth it.