PDA

View Full Version : A New rpg The 7 deadly sins, Virtues, and some morally ambiguous fellows

Egglooter
2012-04-17, 07:08 PM
so new but have been play testing the idea for a bit and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in the details started out as the seven sins and i will post the basics for each of the sins

Charger of Wrath: Wrathform like the idea of rage lowers defenses but increases the strength and weapon skill im thinking 10 first and has a chance to assault what ever is closest foes or allies

Assassin of Envy:back stab like the normal idea of back stabbing have to be sneaking Does a critical hit with the weapon

Wizard of Pride: Enfeeble\empower boost his own stats and lowers the foes cant affect hp or mp First rank would be 5 Points 10 next so on so forth till rank 5 minus 25

Trickster of Lust: poly morph changes the face 1st rank body and gender then just total form

Tank of Sloth: Sloth shell increases defenses and lowers attack allowing to take more damage

Butcher of Gluttony:Devour takes health from bodies and eventually devour foes

Thief of Greed: skilled in thievery basic skills promote him stealing from the foes
so thats the basics of them if you like it comment!

Empedocles
2012-04-17, 07:15 PM
This looks like an excellent concept, if only the barest skeleton. I'm intrigued, and would love to see these things statted out. I'd be happy to help wherever I can, and provide feedback.

Also, welcome to Giantitp :smallsmile:

Grinner
2012-04-17, 07:19 PM
Some of the names could use some work. For example, an avatar of Lust wouldn't concern itself with tricking people. It would be all about crushing their willpower.

The Tank of Sloth just sounds...weird.
The Charger of Wrath could work, but I feel like there are better options.
Thief would better suit Envy, for Envy is all about taking from others. Greed is about acquisition, legitimately or otherwise.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project. :smallsmile:

Edit: One last thing. Why are you covering only the Seven Deadly Sins. There is also a companion set of virtues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues).

Egglooter
2012-04-17, 07:29 PM
Some of the names could use some work. For example, an avatar of Lust wouldn't concern itself with tricking people. It would be all about crushing their willpower.

The Tank of Sloth just sounds...weird.
The Charger of Wrath could work, but I feel like there are better options.
Thief would better suit Envy, for Envy is all about taking from others. Greed is about acquisition, legitimately or otherwise.

yes the names are very rough but my idea for sloth was he would be a tank he would take lots of damage somewhat easily and so my first thought was a tank but yeah its weird to say and charger of wrath too
My idea around lust was he was going to be the sort of bardish character and i had envy as the assassin because i see them as jealous of power so they seek to cut it down and greed i wanted to be the thief as money and items from people who had them seemed the easiest way to accumulate wealth

Egglooter
2012-04-17, 07:33 PM
and thanks Vilpich i actualy have a large amount planned made a combat system and a formula sheet for most ideas of what could happen and i have a few more classes 14 more actualy

Empedocles
2012-04-17, 07:36 PM
and thanks Vilpich i actualy have a large amount planned made a combat system and a formula sheet for most ideas of what could happen and i have a few more classes 14 more actualy

Cool. Is this a new set of classes for specific system, a new system entirely, or a d20 based, but still new, system?

Egglooter
2012-04-17, 07:41 PM
didnt know the basics of any i liked so i worked on my own only need to work on when they bypass the current easy max most of it uses the d20 for combat

Edit I have changed the system to a percentile

Egglooter
2012-04-18, 06:55 AM
Edit: One last thing. Why are you covering only the Seven Deadly Sins. There is also a companion set of virtues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues).[/QUOTE]

i do plan on it i have some of their basics down

Egglooter
2012-04-18, 05:55 PM
ok so adventure time my idea for the virtues

Virtues

Patience: Counter, kinda iffy on this one but i think it would work
Kindness: Kind word, would improve social interactions
Humility:unnoticed, thinking he would be a sneaky character
Chastity: dont have any plans really so throw any out
Diligence: same as above
Temperance:light eater this ones way iffy gains health and bonuses from eating
Charity:Great sacrifice , can give up health, mp, or items (rare ones would provide large bonuses) to boost rolls of allies or healing to allies

Egglooter
2012-04-24, 04:22 PM
(note all stats from WS to Charisma get +2d10s)
ok so just to clear some things before hand WS = weapon skill how likely you are to kit something with melee bs= ballistic skill is the same but ranged Ag is Agility
{table=head]|HP|MP|WS|BS|Str|Tough|Int|Will|Ag|Char|Luck
Pride |8+1d4|20+1d10| 20%|20% |20%|20%|30%|30%|20%|25%|1
Lust |10+1d4|15 +1d10|25%|20%|20%|20%|25%|25%|20%|30%|2
Envy |9+1d4|15+1d10| 25%|30%|15%|15%|20%|20%|25%|15%|2
Greed |10+1d4|15 +1d10|20%|30%|15%|20%|20%|15%|30%|20%|3
Wrath|9+1d4|10+1d10| 30%|15%|30%|20%|10%|15%|20%|10%|1
Gluttony|10 +1d4|15+1d10|20%|20%|20%|20%|20%|20%|20%|20%|4
Sloth |12+1d4|10 +1d10|20%|10%|25|30%|20%|20%|10%|20%|2
[/table]
so these are the stats i had in mind for them starting (p.s. im only working on the sins now so i can just get in the hang of things virtues are on there way)