PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Weapons: The Axe

zoobob9
2012-04-17, 08:42 PM
I was thinking of making a strength based Thri Kreen Bard (a terrible idea, I know,) and long story short: I have no idea how to make a guitar/greataxe. Would there be any penalties to the weapon attack/damage or the perform check? Would a battleaxe be better? Obviously it would be an exotic weapon, and I'm fine with that (this character is going to suck anyway, why not waste a feat?)

Grod_The_Giant
2012-04-17, 08:55 PM
I mean, you have four arms... just use a greataxe with two and a guitar with the other two.

zoobob9
2012-04-17, 08:57 PM
I mean, you have four arms... just use a greataxe with two and a guitar with the other two.

I was going to use an Axe guitar in one and an Axe bass in the other actually.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-17, 09:16 PM
your the skald:smallbiggrin: Just make it a new weapon;

The Rocking Axe (Exotic)
Two handed
1d10 damage, X2 on crit.
Special; If the weilder is a bard they can make preform checks to use the following abillitys with a Preform(Rock and Roll) check;
Power chord(DC 10); 30ft range, deals 1d6 sonic damage. For every 3 points you beat the check by, it increases by 1d6. Standard action.
The Chords of Life (DC15); 10ft range. Target gains 1d6 hp. If you beat the check by 2 points, they're also affected by a neutalize poison spell. If you beat the check by 6 points, they're also affected by a remove disease spell. If you beat it by 20 points, they're affected by a greater restoration spell.
For every 3 points you beat the check, 1d6 more hp is healed.
You cannot take 10 or 20 on this check. Full round action.
Head Bang it!(DC 12); All allies in 30ft gain Temp hp equal to your str mod times your cha mod. If you beat the check by 5, its 3 times (Str mod X Cha mod). If you beat the check by 8, they also gain DRX/- (X equals your str mod times your cha mod). Temp HP is gained at the start of your turns if you keep playing. Full round action, and they only keep the beifits while your playing.