PDA

View Full Version : Of Villains And Heroes IC

Pages : [1] 2

DungeonMonkey
2012-04-17, 09:34 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13071709#post13071709)

Evans is a small, well mannered city that sits along two major trade routes- a fact it protects with enthusiasm. Bandits are rare, despite the high value traffic, due at least in part to the almost morbid fact that standard procedure to deal with such a problem is to pay mercenaries by the head, and due perhaps in part to the definately morbid tendancy for those unlucky few outlaws taken alive to suffer public executions.
Despite it's wealth, arcane magic is a rare sight in Evans. This phenomenon is the result of centuries of distrust of arcane spellcasters by the commonfolk, and as a side effect what few magic shops exist in the city exist in the bad part of town, and none are actually operated (or even frequented, for that matter) by the magicians who own them, instead being managed by hirelings and lackeys and (in one case) constructs, and guarded by mercenaries, thugs, and (in one case) constructs.
Evans is a planned city, with six roads leading into it, dividing it into six districts. Each road is wide enough for two wagons to pass each other, and they all lead into the marketplace in the center of the city, which is large and open to the sky. Most of the everyday trading, however, takes place in the six marketplaces that formed more naturally out of necessity, as the center marketplace actually exists primarily for the purchase of goods in bulk from caravans for sale by merchants to the commonfolk, and is ringed by warehouses. There are still people selling things in it, of course, but they cater almost exclusively to visitors from outside the city, and goods there are typically overpriced.

On this particular night, there is quite a bit of commotion. A caravan from Kwiat has just arrived and the ruckus awoke many of those sleeping in both the northwest and north districts, triggering many shouting matches and more than one duel between irate nobles and grumpy, tired caravan guards (to the first blood, of course. Duels to the death are illegal in the city). The moon is out, but dim, and the streets aren't lit, so it's quite dark most places and those out carry lights with them.

Madcrafter
2012-04-17, 11:48 PM
OOC
Just imagine him speaking in a Scottish accent, since it seems all dwarves are Scottish

"Ach! Why do I always choose the wrong inn!"

Whuragen had awoken at the first sound of combat, rolling over reflexively to grab his hammer. Realizing the noises were coming from outside, he put it back down instead, and tromped irritably over to open the window. Pulling himself up onto the sill, he gazed down at an unusual scene: an exhausted looking guardsman fending off a furious assault from a man in a nightshirt, their swords glinting in the moonlight.

"Why don't you two go get a room!" he yelled down to them. Adding his bellow to the commotion earned him a dirty look from a lady's head sticking out the window of the next room over.

Rolling his eyes at her, Whuragen hopped down off the sill and shut the window. Deciding he wasn't going back to sleep in the near future, he hastily donned some clothes and walked downstairs, ordered himself an ale, and plonked himself down at a corner table, casting an eye about the room.

Perception for anything interesting:
[roll0]

Fireheart
2012-04-18, 08:11 AM
OOC: This is a bit more freeform than I'm used to so scream if I need to edit something.

Awakened by the sounds of combat below, Imperia sticks her head out the window.

"Why don't you two go get a room!" shouts a dwarf whose head is sticking out of the window beside hers.

Imperia frowns. And then turns her attention back to the fighting below.
After a few moments, she sighs regrettfully, understanding that sleep is not going to be happening until the caravan continues its journey.

Closing the shutters, she dresses, grabs her cane and heads downstairs. She orders a drink and takes a seat at the corner of the bar. Looking around, she spots the dwarf from earlier.

OOC: Perception: [roll0]

Description: Imperia is a small human female with blue-gray eyes and slightly longer than shoulder length dark brown wavy hair. Her her is currently pulled back into a loose knot at the back of her head. Wavy tendrils escape to flutter around her face. She is dressed in simple yet well-made traveling clothes in a deep hunter green, At her right hand is a cane. Simple yet elegant. Black wood capped with a dark green gem.

Anansi
2012-04-18, 08:29 AM
Angus walked along the worn dirt road behind the rickety wooden caravan.

He'd met two of the caravan guards - Edwin and Dariel - out in the woods that morning. Having paused to drink from a stream, an arrow-laden buck had come galloping out of the woods straight towards Angus. He drew a dagger from his belt and hurled it, burying the weapon handle-deep in the wounded creature's chest. Shortly after, Edwin and Dariel appeared, bows in hand. The hunters took the pelts and the three of them shared the meat.

With the smell of cooking flesh and sizzling fat hanging in the air, the two hunters told Angus about their travel to the city - Evans, it was called - from their hometown of Kwiat. For the first time in his life, Angus decided to enter the city, and followed the two huntsmen down the sloping, wooded landscape to rejoin their caravan.

It was well into the evening, with the sun setting behind them, before the caravan and Angus made it into the city. The sights and sounds were immediately overwhelming. The raucous, excited chatter of the caravan crew, combined with the sound of heavy wooden wheels rolling over cobblestone, drew the ire of dozens of townsfolk as the caravan made its cacophonous progress into the heart of the city.

A heavy, oaken door swung open to the right, and a man with curly blonde hair and an expression on his face as though he perpetually smelled something unpleasant burst forth. In his hand was a thin, elegant sword of fine craftsmanship, the blade and handle inlaid with script that Angus couldn't understand. The man advanced forward furiously, causing Dariel to draw his own sword - a simple, military-issue shortsword - and approach the irate townsman. Only a few words were exchanged before the blonde man began swinging his blade.

"City is interesting," thought Angus.

"Why don't you two go get a room!" came the shout from above. Angus looked up to see a dwarf on the window sill of the second floor of a building, looking irritable. To the left of the dwarf, a brown-haired human female surveyed the scene below. After a moment, both closed their respective windows, and disappeared.

"Very interesting."

hydroplatypus
2012-04-18, 11:11 AM
Across the street in a higher class inn Lothar wakes to hear a commotion outside. Groggily getting up he moves to the window and opens it looking outside. Much to his surprise there seems to be a duel going on between one of the caravan members and a townsman. He promptly puts on his top hat, and has one of his clockwork servants follow him, while the other stays guarding the room. Going downstairs he thinks that this caravan would be great for his plans. With the apparent distrust the townspeople have for these foreigners he might be able to pin the thefts on them. He certainly would need to be careful about not being noticed, as the magic users in town were certainly powerful.

For the moment he would try to scout the witches shop today, and raid it either tonight or tomorrow night. After all the apprentice that usually guards the shop shouldn't be too hard to deal with. In the meantime he sits at a table near a window on the ground floor and watches the duel progress.

MasonDon
2012-04-18, 03:02 PM
Irobe chatted casually with a guardsman as the last of the caravan passed through the gates.

A pleasant city to rest in for a time. I might even be able to find some work. He though to himself, bidding the guard a good night as he trotted his horse forward. He had been travelling with the caravan for the better part of a week, having had them come upon him while he wandered at his leisurely pace, not knowing where the winds would take him. A sign, perhaps. He thought, asking to accompany them. With a little reluctance they agreed, but were happy enough to have an armed man who looked capable of defending himself along.

It was dark and quiet as he moved on, the ruckus of the caravan a good distance ahead of him, heading towards the marketplace. He inhaled deeply, noticing the change of scent from the countryside. Not quite a pleasant one, but it feels familiar. I have missed this. He took stock of his surroundings, looking for an inn and stable, losing himself to his mind and the still air.

As his luck would have it, he was broken out of his trance when he had nearly run over a pair of duelers. Seeing the ire in their eyes, he begged their apologies and quickly spurred his horse away from them. Not soon after he began to notice the commotion, having finally caught up with the rear of the caravan. Having passed several groups of duelists, mostly richly dressed men angry to be woken so late, he began to make his way towards the front of the caravan, intending to ask the master about the town.

"Why don't you two go get a room!" a dwarf shouted at a pair of duelists on his flank, interrupting his thoughts.

"This is going to be a night without sleep," he muttered to himself. Noticing an inn just ahead, he slid off his horse, leading him towards shelter for the night.

Anansi
2012-04-18, 06:56 PM
Angus watched with interest as Dariel and the blonde man dove at each other again and again. He briefly considered intervening, but then.. A fight is a great way to get to know someone. "Break bread and many bones," they would say in his village. He wondered why they would need a room, as the dwarf suggested, then thought it best to leave them to it.

Moving out of the growing melee, Angus made his way to the front door of the inn, above which he'd seen the shouting dwarf and the brown-haired human woman earlier. As good a place as any, he opened the door, closing it behind him and getting away from the trouble outside.

Description (for anyone inside/entering the inn):

A tall, young man walks in from the commotion outside. He has shaggy, black hair about his head, and unkempt stubble about his face. His skin carries the weathered look of someone who spends many hours working in the sun, as does his body; he is quite large, broad-chested, with thick arms and legs.

Cracked, studded leather adorns his torso, with the simple cloth garments of a shepherd or farmer underneath, and a pair of sturdy leather boots on his feet. A large, leather strap across his chest supports the sword whose handle is just visible behind his left shoulder.

He peers around the room with intent curiosity, almost marveling at the construction of the inn, and remains standing just inside the doorway.

Perception roll, for anything noteworthy:

[roll0]

MasonDon
2012-04-18, 07:34 PM
Handing his horse over to the stablehand, Irobe turns back around and walks towards the inn, entering a few moments after a dark-haired man, whom he had noticed was chatting the one of the duelists outside, entered.

The warmth and homeliness of the inn immediately brightened his somewhat sour mood. The smell of fresh bread baking and meat being roasted started a watering in his mouth almost immediately, and he suddenly became aware of just how long it had been before he ate. Checking his coin pouch with a grimace, Irobe walks towards the Innkeep, smiling politely to him.

"Stabling for my horse, a room, hot meal, and a cup of tea if you have it, please. How much do I owe you?"

Description:

As he talks to the innkeeper, one would notice an air of almost calm certainty surrounds him. His dark brown hair is tied neatly in a bun, not a single strand astray. His golden eyes glimmer with content, like a man who knows his place in the world and is humbled by it. Standing at five-feet-eleven-inches, he is by no means short, but is rather skinny for his size. If one had seen his four-legged companion, they might infer it was to keep a load off of him.

His attire is a strange one, only seen in travelers from Kwiat. Hexagonal tiles of iron are sewn together to form a foreign version of chainmail, draped over him in a loose suit. Strapped to his back is an amalgamation of a lance and a straightened scythe, curiously confusing and looking quite unwieldy. Attached to his belt is a staff, broken up into three separate parts, all attached by chains.

Savior
2012-04-19, 07:53 PM
Silver

The bulking man transfers himself across the back allies of Evans. He's a scout, of sorts, to the underground of the city scum. Silver, because of his body's shine, has become a quintessential figure of miniscule justice. He's rather unfitting of a purely justified 'hero', however, he's less villain than goodie.

His armour is his signature, less for protection, and more for his ability to wield the menacing suit with great ability of strength and accuracy. The spikes ending on his hands make him a force to reckon with, a force in which he showed across a man's face. He drug the man through the streets, and sat him down before a woman. The woman reclaimed an article of attire or possession, and went to thank Silver. However, the man was already off to the local tavern of a greatly populated inn. The inn, company to a duel, seemed to bustle, at least for what he saw, due to the commotion of the fight. He cared not for the two, and simply walked between them without a mark. He stumbled over the threshold, and sat at the first place he saw that served any sort of nourishment.

"Aye! Mind giving me an ale of bitter and a half a loaf of pumpernickel? Man's gotta eat." He tossed coinage of 15 gp at the table top in front of him, which is what he calls a fee for the service he committed. He's good at a few tricks, and from there, he knew how to 'gather' pay for his heroics.

hydroplatypus
2012-04-21, 10:36 PM
Getting bored of the ongoing fighting Lothar goes to his room, puts on his cheaper outfit and leaves through a back door. Quickly donning his mask, he puts on his top hat and leaves to find his "business partners" {OOC: minions}.

Eventually he finds them and singles out the best spy of the group (the level 2 rogue, presumably with max ranks sneak for that level). He then sends this minion to attempt to find out the details of any defenses of the witch's shop, as well as finding out info about the apprentice that runs it. After all if they are going to kill the apprentice (as is likely if she is there during the robbery, granted if she isn't that makes this much easier) it would be good to find out about her. Above all however he is to make sure he isn't found out.

He then sends out the LVL 1 rogue to find any mundane alchemist's shops in the area, as they are probably less well defended and easier to rob. Less loot, but if the witch's shop is too well guarded then it might be easier to rob mundane alchemists for a while.

Fireheart
2012-04-24, 07:24 AM
Imperia

Realizing that nothing more exciting seem likely to happen in the next few minutes, Imperia takes another sip of her drink and saunters over to the dwarf.

"So...nothing like a fight in the street to wake you up in the middle of the night?" She juts her chin to the outside. "Since I supect sleep will be lacking for a while, may I join you?"

Madcrafter
2012-04-24, 02:21 PM
Peering around the side of his tankard, Whuragen sees the woman from the next room over approach as a small flood of people come through the door.

"So...nothing like a fight in the street to wake you up in the middle of the night? Since I supect sleep will be lacking for a while, may I join you?"

"Of course, I would never deny anyone a seat." He gestures to an empty chair. "While fights in the night are indeed refreshing, I can't say its particularly appreciated when I'm trying to get a good night's sleep for once.

Raising his voice over the hubbub of the inn and the noise from outside, he addresses everyone in the room.

"Speaking of which, does anyone know why that caravan had to come through in the middle. of. the. night?"

Anansi
2012-04-24, 02:32 PM
Angus grins broadly at the dwarf.

"Because that is when they got here."

He walks over and stands alongside their table. Nodding pleasantly at Imperia, Angus turns and faces the dwarf again.

"I am Angus. You are close to the ground and feisty. We will be good friends."

Fireheart
2012-04-24, 03:15 PM
"I am Angus. You are close to the ground and feisty. We will be good friends."

Imperia laughs delightedly. Her smile is friendly and open. She hooks a leg around the chair and pulls it out. Seating herself gracefully, she nods to Angus and the dwarf.

"I so understand that..." she says in response to the dwarf's comment, "I am Imperia Leroung," she adds. Glancing up at Angus, she says... 'Really, they couldn't have timed thier arrival for something resembling normal business hours?" She shakes her head still smiling.

Savior
2012-04-24, 09:31 PM
Silver

Popping the liquid from his aching neck, he's become partial to his suit, but releases the buckle of each gauntlet, using the free hands to pop his knuckles in much the same. loud, noise as his neck had. Slamming down the ale he was served, he took a quick glance at the ladies around him, nice firm buttocks on each one, and became enthralled to a more, open, mood. He pushed his chair out, and practically yelled inside the tavern. "Anyone in here want to spar with a bloke like me!? Nothing more than a few punches, but I don't expect to win. Just something to get the blood a flowing, ya know!?" He pounds a second ale, and latches his gauntlets closed once more, enjoying the restricting freedom of his suit.

Anansi
2012-04-25, 11:01 AM
Angus looks over to the shouting man in full armor, sizing him up for a moment.. then returns to gaze to Imperia.

"What is 'normal business hours?' City is very interesting. Swordfights and fistfights all night. Very violent. Why come here to city so violent?"

hydroplatypus
2012-04-25, 12:43 PM
After seeing no one else step up a strong man steps up and says I've yet to find a man who can best me in a fist fight, and you don't look tough enough to do so. Standing up he seems to be dressed in clothing better then most in the tavern, but not exceptional.

He steps towards Silver and holds up his fists, clearly wanting a fight.

Fireheart
2012-04-25, 12:47 PM
Imperia

Imperia listens as the brawler shouts a challenge to the room. Taking one look and deciding it not for her she turns her attention back to the dwarf.

"What is 'normal business hours?' City is very interesting. Swordfights and fistfights all night. Very violent. Why come here to city so violent?"

Imperia shrugs. "For me, normal business hours are when the sun is up. Anything else...well, let's just say I wouldn't call it normal business..." She sighs, glancing around...

"As for why I'm here...it was the closest stop after I got off the boat." She smiles and leans forward conspiritorily, "You see, I am seeking fame, fortune...and adventure!" She whispers the first few words and speaks "Adventure!" in a more excitely loud tone accompanied by expressive hand gestures.

(OOC: I'm struggling to describe this moment in writing...She whispers the first few words and then splays her arms out wide (think flamboyently) and not quite shouts the word Adventure.)

Anansi
2012-04-25, 01:09 PM
Caught up in Imperia's excitement, Angus likewise spreads his arms wide, and shouts, "ADVENTURE!"

Looking around, and noticing a few prolonged stares from some of the other patrons, he gradually lowers his arms, and turns his attention to the fight about to start.

"One man in metal, one man naked. Unfair fight."

Angus turns to the dwarf and asks, "Why don't those two go get room?"

Madcrafter
2012-04-26, 06:17 PM
"One man in metal, one man naked. Unfair fight."

The strange speaking man turns to Whuragen. "Why don't those two go get room?"

"Maybe they should. And I think it will be a perfectly fair fight. The man volunteered, so either he's better than he looks or he's too drunk to know better. Either way seems fair to me."

"As for why you're in such a violent city, you tell me."

Anansi
2012-04-26, 07:04 PM
Angus looks the dwarf over.

"Want to see everything. That is reason for journey. See all things, get strong, go home. Have not seen city before."

Savior
2012-04-26, 08:40 PM
Silver

Silver smiles at the acceptor, and places both palms on the smaller man. Leading the pat with a brushing walk. He steps outside, leaning chairs and tables over on his exit, too big for the walk way. Once outside, he begins to bounce, throwing practice jabs around. "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let's do this!!"

hydroplatypus
2012-04-26, 11:07 PM
DM

The man follows Silver outside and as the fight begins he gets in the first swing, attempting to hit Silver with a hard punch. Although he seems quite drunk it doesn't seem to effect his fighting abilities.

attack: [roll0]
damage (if it beats AC): [roll1]

OOC: A very simple build, but looking at damage output for unarmed I am impressed. Not sure if it hits, but still impressive.

Edit: this is non-lethal damage

Savior
2012-04-27, 05:30 PM
Silver

Absorbing the punch like a true fighter, he swings hard and fast with his spiked weaponry. He aims directly for the spleen, or mostly around the third line of ribs.

Attack using power Attack.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-04-27, 06:00 PM
Looking clearly rattled by the punch the man somehow seems to cling to consciousness, if only barely. He sends another quick punch silvers way, hoping to end the fight quickly.

damags: [roll1]

dealing non-lethal damage

Savior
2012-04-27, 08:37 PM
OOC: Silver lost. Lucky rolls..

hydroplatypus
2012-04-27, 09:47 PM
Taking the punch straight to the face Silver goes down, much to the surprise of the onlookers who thought the man from the bar had bit off more than he could chew. The man sits down for a while, then stumbles away into the street, muttering something about clearing his head. One of the onlookers shakes Silver, waking him up quickly, saying Wow, that was certainly faster than most fights around here, but then again most who pick a fight with Marcus usually end up that way. He likes to humble people who seem to confident. He's a member of the guard, signed up a few weeks ago and apparently is one of their more promising recruits. Of course he's probably too drunk to remember this, but if you would like you could talk to him tomorrow. He's stationed at the guard post on 23rd street. your third right, then your second left.

OOC

Didn't really expect that NPC to win. Until 5 min ago he didn't have a name even. But a few lucky rolls and he won. The Random Number God has spoken, and so shall it be.:smalltongue:

He had exactly 7HP. if you didn't roll a 1 on damage he would have lost :smallbiggrin:

OK. I'll probably make him a recurring NPC now, and fill out his sheet a bit more. Maybe up him to a PC class from his current warrior class.

Savior
2012-04-27, 09:55 PM
Silver

Silver hops up, disregarding the blows he had just taken, and began to stretch. "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That was fun! Ya damn right I'll fight him again! Win or lose, no difference to me! A fight's a good fight, no matter who wins!" Silver latches his gauntlets up tighter, and begins to think. He stares at the person that spoke, and began to stare him down. "Did you label me as over-confident....?" Silver is fickle in his personality, and his energy has transferred right into his anger. Clenching his fingers over the latching of his gauntlets, he manages the courtesy to not strike the man. However, rolling his neck around, he stares the man directly in the face. "Never, not once... have I ever predicted my own wealth over another's.... You ever call me over-confident again. I will manage to kill you. Brutally. PAINFULLY!... Do you understand me...?" This is where the anti part of his anti-hero bit comes in. He's very good willed, but he has little regard for bystanders, and other people that trip on the tongue.

hydroplatypus
2012-04-28, 09:33 AM
The new man stammers for a bit, clearly expecting a more polite response. As Silver says "You ever call me over-confident again. I will manage to kill you. Brutally. PAINFULLY!" the man wets himself and runs, attempting to put as much distance as possible between himself and the man he woke up. The small crowd of onlookers appears to be getting nervous, and attempts to discreetly edge away.

Savior
2012-04-28, 11:39 AM
Silver

Grunting softly, Silver recovers from the experience, and blows through the crowd of scared on lookers. He goes to the inn from which he drank, and instantly requests a bed. " And any young maid, or waitress that doesn't mind getting an extra 20 gold, just send them up. Don't worry, I don't want any prostitutes, only a sensitive woman." Silver continues to crack his bones, and he climbs the stairs, and lets his wounds tense up to recover.

Anansi
2012-04-28, 06:49 PM
Angus carefully watches the beaten man return to the inn, and make his way up the stairs. He then turns to address the dwarf again.

"You were right, friend. Better than he looks. And so what for you, in this city? Why come here?"

Fireheart
2012-04-30, 09:33 AM
Imperia

Imperia's eyes widen as the brawler bluntly offers to pay a woman to bed him.

"How...Quaint." She says, leaning back into her chair. She looks over at the others at the table. So...as we were saying, it seems most of us ended up in Evans by virtue of the crosroads, are you planning on staying in town?

hydroplatypus
2012-04-30, 09:44 AM
DM

The sun rises early in the morning and the patrons of the inn get up and start coming downstairs to eat. In the night the Caravan seems to have moved to a different location in the city, leaving a mess on the ground. Several people seem to be lying on the ground sporting various wounds, clearly knocked out the night before. Several people seem to be outside cleaning up the mess, under the watchful eye of a couple of guards.

One of these guards seems to be the man who knocked out silver last night. He wears studded leather armor with the guard logo on it, and has a wooden shield on his arm. In a sheath on his side he appears to have a sword of fine workmanship, clearly not standard for the guard.

Lothar
Waking up from a brief sleep Lothar sets out for the back alley where he will be meeting his agents, who were sent out to scout various shops.

Anansi
2012-04-30, 10:09 AM
Night before, continued:
"Yes. No. Much to see, unsure where the beginning is," Angus says to Imperia, looking bewildered in his own train of thought. "Maybe join for adventure?" he adds, smiling hopefully at Imperia.

Overnight:
Angus strolls out of the inn, as the grand melee has largely subsided aside from scattered pockets of aggression. He finds his way to the stable, and beds down alongside the various horses and large animals therein, and sleeps.

Fireheart
2012-04-30, 10:22 AM
Imperia

The night before: Imperia nods, yawning, "Perhaps." she says, answering Angus's statement, Let's see how the morning looks, shall we? Good night all." She nods her head to the the others before returning to her room upstairs.

The next morning, Imperia rises, somewhat groggy from the lack of sleep. Dressing and shouldering her gear, she heads downstairs to grab a quick bite.

Finding the same table from last night, she sits and eats.

Savior
2012-04-30, 04:32 PM
Silver

Silver is already outside, punching out in the street. His armour clanks around, and his target being the rubble of a an old building. his spikes grind on it, and he grunts with each hit, breathing thoroughly. After his morning exercise, he stumbles in, grabs a quick juice, and rests, reading the paper. His lips purse and he whistles calmly, silently almost, letting the other people enjoy their morning.

Madcrafter
2012-04-30, 04:56 PM
Whuragen wakes the next morning and gets dressed, making himself more presentable than he was the night before. Striding into the common room (as much as dwarf legs can stride) he snags an unclaimed ale (providence unknown) off the bar, sits down with a thump across from the lady he met last night, and addresses her exuberantly.

"Well good morning there, I trust you had a good rest of the night! Perhaps today the adventure will arrive at a decent hour!"

He finishes this with a long drink from the tankard.

Anansi
2012-04-30, 06:51 PM
Angus wakes to the uncomfortable attention of the particularly sloppy tongue of a large, brown workhorse about his hair and face. Shoving the beast away, he stands and stretches, taking account of his possessions.

He shambles over to the corner of the stables. He scoops several handfuls of water from the trough and rinses his scruffy hair. He likewise removes several handfuls of feed from an oat sack and stuffs his face, before walking out of the stables, chewing loudly.

Morning rituals complete, Angus strolls back into the street alongside the stables and inn. He spies the man from last night - the drunkard in the fistfight - and walks directly up to him.

"I am Angus. You drink much and punch hard. You have my respect."

hydroplatypus
2012-04-30, 07:14 PM
DM/Marcus the guard

As the man walks up he attempts - and fails - to keep a brief look of displeasure from crossing his face. It goes away quickly however and the man responds I thank you for your compliment, however I must inform you that I have little memory of last night. All I know is that I woke up with a bunch of cuts on my face and a massive headache. I would appreciate it if you could fill me in on the details.

Anansi
2012-04-30, 07:20 PM
"You and a man in spiked metal fought with fists. You punched him. He punched you. You punched him. He fell over. He got a room. This is custom for city?"

Fireheart
2012-05-01, 07:57 AM
"Well good morning there, I trust you had a good rest of the night! Perhaps today the adventure will arrive at a decent hour!"

Imperia smiles at the Dwarf, "Good morning, sir Dwarf. Rest was definitely better after the caravan dispersed. Please forgive me...but in the craziness that was last nigh, I do not recall your name. I am Imperia Leroung...but most call me Imp."

OOC: I know OOC the dwarfs name but I couldn't find IC where he gave it last night... :)

Madcrafter
2012-05-01, 11:32 AM
"Good morning, sir Dwarf. Rest was definitely better after the caravan dispersed. Please forgive me...but in the craziness that was last nigh, I do not recall your name. I am Imperia Leroung...but most call me Imp."

"Quite right, since I never gave it: I am Whuragen, of the world famous Firebelly clan, at your service." He performs an energetic sitting bow with a large flourish that sends a stream of ale flying across the room.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-01, 07:01 PM
DM/Marcus the guard

Marcus seems surprised at the short recollection of last night's events, and saysWell, barfights are common, but I wouldn't call them a tradition. he stops and goes over what you said and says Spiked metal? would you happen to mean spiked armor? I fought a man in spiked armor! What was he thinking, he could have gotten someone killed. Do you know where I can find this man?

DM/bartender

As the ale from Whuragen's cup flies across the room he hears the bartender's voice from across the room Hey, stop spilling ale. Every time you do that I have to clean it up.

Anansi
2012-05-01, 07:10 PM
"He slept at the inn." Angus points to the inn to their immediate right.

Angus pauses to marvel at the controlled chaos around him - the foot-traffic, the guards dragging away the unconscious, the endless chatter of the people around him. His brow creases and his lips tighten into a frown, somewhat distressed by the overwhelming stimuli. His face is a mixture of confusion and concern.

"I have not been to cities before. What does one do here, when not fighting or drinking or walking with the caravan?"

Savior
2012-05-01, 08:32 PM
Silver

Standing up with a loud thunk of his table, he makes way to the small, energetic one. Bypassing the spectacle all together, Silver lends hand to the bartender. Asking for a simple mop or cloth, he offers up to do the work of cleaning the mess. "As a simple thank you for having a model for my painting last night." If the bartender agreed, Silver would instantly unshackle his gauntlets, and clean the mess pronto.

meemaas
2012-05-01, 10:23 PM
Scouts

The scouts report in to Lothar, meeting with him in a back alley near the slums of town. The first, more experience one bows his head before Lothar, and begins to speak. "The Witch Lisica of the Petit Oiseau, appears to show up randomly, but from what i could dig up, she doesn't come at night, and indeed, did not visit throughout the entire evening. Her apprentice closes up the store on the darkest hour of the night, and opens again upon the first light of the morning. There was little seen to protect it, save two armed men who traded off watches at the store. Between yesterday morning and this morning, they did not seem to have a particular pattern to their arrival, but it was rare that there were both at the same time. " He bows his head once more to signify his report is finished, and then the second one begins to speak. "There was but one shop that met the specifications you asked me to find. There is little to speak of, for there are no guards, nothing of major value, and but one shopkeeper, the Alchemist who makes his wares. He opens the shop around mid-morning, and closes it before evening, locking it and going on his way.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-02, 07:31 PM
Lothar

Lothar hears the reports that the scouts make and is pleased by them. Based on their reports the shops seem almost unguarded. He clasps his hands together trying to think of what to do. After a short while he says The shops seem relatively unguarded, which is good, However the magic shop will have to wait. I don't like preforming major operations with an untested group. As such we will hit the alchemists shop tonight to see how the group works. He then goes on to reveal his plan for the raid.

The Plan (to meemaas)

OK, we won't need the whole group for this measly shop, so I'll take you (LVL 1 rogue) for the doors. We'll bring 5 of your friends (5 goblins) as well, to help haul out the loot. Also as help in case something goes wrong. I'll attend as well, with my bodyguard (clockwork servant) nearby. If this goes well enough and no unforeseen complications pop up with the magic store we'll hit that tomorrow.

DM/Marcus the guard

Marcus looks over at the inn briefly, then continues his conversation. Muttering to himself he saysI'll deal with the fighter later. More loudly he says Well aside from all of those people in the city usually ply their trade. Me, I guard the streets and keep people safe. Others make shoes, build buildings an the like. You though would seem to have only recently come to the city. There are many things to amuse you in the markets, and I hear that a descent bard recently came to town if you want to stop at the gnawed noble tavern. Or perhaps you could help with the guards. We are looking for outside help to handle a few of the tougher jobs. Its risky but the pay's good. If you sign up today you could be working tomorrow.

DM/bartender

The bartender looks slightly surprised that silver would offer that, and his opinion of the man quickly rises. I accept your offer of help fine sir. It is good to see some people around here who have manners. Even more so as it isn't your mess.

Anansi
2012-05-02, 07:37 PM
Angus appraises Marcus, then nods, mostly to himself.

"Accepted. I will help guard your village. City. Will help guard your city. Send me where I am useful."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-02, 09:18 PM
DM/Marcus the Guard
Go to the nearby guard post, and introduce yourself. We could use someone like you to deal with the trouble. I'm sure they would be thrilled to have you. He then stops and gives directions to the guard station. It will take a day or so to get you officially on as help though, paperwork and such. I'll contact you tommorow. Until then may Pelor Smile upon you. In the meantime I need to have a conversation with a certain man in spiked armor. With this he heads off towards the bar intent on having a conversation with Silver.

Savior
2012-05-03, 07:22 PM
Silver

Silver placed the tools back in the closet or wherever the tender had them before. Placing his hands back into his gauntlets, Silver latches them back up, and sits down once more, reading the morning paper, studying the comments of latest engineering advances. Nodding along, as if understanding the words they used, he sipped from his mug of coffee, waiting for some excitement.

Madcrafter
2012-05-04, 10:21 AM
Whuragen watches the armoured man clean up the ale with mild interest. "Now ain't he a fine gentleman" he says to Imperia.

"Thank ye kindly!" he calls to the man after he has sat back down. "Consider your breakfast on me!"

Savior
2012-05-04, 08:25 PM
Silver

"Much obliged." Silver raises his tankard of black coffee at the man, but resumes his exploration of the science section of his current news letter.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-04, 08:41 PM
DM/Marcus the Guard

As Silver reads the paper a man dressed as a guard steps into the inn, and walks up to the bartender. He asks Apparently last night I got into a fistfight with a man, who attempted to use lethal force. Could you point me to him? He had clearly missed Silver, as he had the newspaper in front of him. The bartender points Marcus in Silver's direction.

Walking over Marcus says in an angry tone So, you're the man I fought last night. Tell me, did you know that it is a crime to attempt to kill someone? And from what people tell me, you seemed to be trying to do so last night when we fought.

Savior
2012-05-05, 03:32 PM
Silver

Flipping his paper forward, he folds it into it's proper square. Looking up over his cup, which he takes a final sip from, he stares at the guard. "You're the one that took the fight. Not my fault I could have won, and killed you. From where I sit, you are alive, and so am I. Now, if you don't mind, I am going to collect a breakfast plate that a kind person offered to buy." Standing up, his mass hulks over the guard, and he clinches his gauntlets on tighter, walking to the table to order some food.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-05, 09:08 PM
DM/Marcus the Guard

Marcus stares at the place where Silver used to be, seemingly shocked that someone would address him like that. After a few seconds he steps after Silver, and says with an undercurrent of anger in his voice I'm willing to let this one go, as I did accept it, however should you use lethal force again without justification I will not be so accepting. Consider this a warning. You'd better heed it, or our next meeting will not be so pleasant. He then leaves the bar, clearly angry and slams the door as he leaves. He then goes back to overseeing the clean up, although he seems to be less tolerant of mistakes than before.

Fireheart
2012-05-06, 07:39 AM
Imperia glances at Whuragen.

Well, I hate to say it but the fighter has a point. The guard was drunk and did take up his challenge. If it's against the law to use lethal weapons...the guard should have told him so...

On the other hand, I suppose that is good information to know about the city.

Savior
2012-05-07, 09:40 PM
Silver

Over-hearing the woman's speech, Silver leans the small of his back against the counter, in order to wait for his two eggs and glass of milk. He looks in the woman's direction, and then scratches his nose with the point of one of his spikes. "The fighter has a name. Silver. And, between you, me, and everyone else in here. I won't stop using my gauntlets. Takes training to get good with 'em, not going to stop because of petty rules."

Fireheart
2012-05-08, 06:44 AM
Imperia gives a half-smile at the fighter's words.

"Silver. I am Imperia," she says, "newly arrived in the fine City of Evans." she gives a slight nod of her head from her seat.

Savior
2012-05-08, 04:36 PM
Silver

"Like wise. But, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt. Already made a few coins." Tossing around his ideas, he eats his plate happily. Moving from his plate, he pats the man that covered the cost on the back. "Thank you, sir. But, I should be on my way."

Anansi
2012-05-08, 05:05 PM
Angus takes his leave of Marcus and does his best to follow his directions to the guard post. He quickly finds that his keen insight in tracking, following the contours of a rushing river or reading the folds and striations of hills and rocky outcroppings are, in fact, completely useless in Evans.

More than once, looking around at all the chaos of the city, he walks full on into another pedestrian. There are more than a few (un)pleasantries exchanged as a result.

Some hours later, he completes the fifteen-minute journey and arrives at the local guardpost. He notes that the inn, though some distance away, is in fact directly visible from his position, standing just below a sign that indicates this is, in fact, the local guardpost.

Angus introduces himself in his standard, direct manner, and pledges his offer of aid.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-09, 06:00 PM
The guard leans back in his chair listening to Agnus' talk, and when he finishes he gets up from his seat and looks Agnus up and down, attempting to figure out what the man has to offer. Eventually he says Well, you look like a tough one, could certainly use someone like you but I don't like taking someone on based solely on their word. There are a few tests that you should take before I let you on. Nothing too hard, just a few things to test your combat ability. He then motions for Agnus to follow him into another room, which clearly looks like a training area.

He says you seem like an able bodied man, but we don't have time to train you, so we need to see how well you fight. I think I have a fire beetle around here somewhere. He moves over to a storage room and comes out with small cage. Are you ready to start?

Anansi
2012-05-09, 07:32 PM
Angus peers at the cage. A fire beetle.. that was not something he had yet encountered. But then there is no better way to understand something new..

Angus reached over his shoulder and removed the leather thong that held his greatsword in place. Reaching his right hand up and over, he drew the weapon.

It is a massive blade, as thick and wide as a large man's hand, and taller than a smaller man might stand. It was heavily notched with use, the leather handle worn and softened to the shape of Angus' massive hands, and it was heavily stained with what almost certainly used to be blood.

Angus hefted the weapon for a moment, refamiliarizing himself with its weight - it had been days since that bear attack, and he hadn't the occasion to use it - and, with a few practice swings, smiled and took a deep breath.

"Ready."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-10, 09:04 PM
DM/Random Guard/Fire beetle

OK. With this the guard opens the box and a glowing beetle the size of a house cat creeps out. It looks around, seeming momentarily concerned, before seeing Angus and moving to attack.

Beetle initiative
[roll0]

Anansi
2012-05-12, 07:54 PM
Angus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=390927)
M Neutral Good Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 14/14, Speed 40
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +0, Base Attack Bonus 1
Greatsword +6 (2d6+7, 19-20 x2)
Dagger +6 (1d4+5, 19-20 x2)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 7

Angus intently approaches the fire beetle, head bobbing as he follows the beetle's movements. As he closes in, he takes a mighty swing with his greatsword down at the insect, attempting to cleave it neatly in twain.

Melee Attack with Greatsword (-1 Power Attack, offset by Furious Focus): [roll0]
Damage (+2: 2h Power Attack): [roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-13, 05:47 PM
The sword comes down, neatly cleaving the beetle in half.

The guard watches and says Well, you certainly know how to fight. It will take me a while to notify my superiors and such, however I think you will be a great asset. Report to me tomorrow for work.

Savior
2012-05-14, 08:14 PM
Silver

After forgoing his meal, patting the buyer on the back ,and getting his metal armour to a shine, he stumbles to the doorway, and leaves the tavern of the inn, in search of the guard who had come to pick words with him. Taking it upon himself to travel until he found such a guard, he did not speak to anyone that was not his target.

Anansi
2012-05-14, 09:01 PM
Angus wipes the remains of the fire beetle from his greatsword with a filthy rag tucked in his belt, then nods at the guard. He then secures his weapon and wanders off, content to haphazardly explore the city until nightfall.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-15, 07:08 PM
DM

Silver only has to look for a short while to find the guard. He is down the street overseeing the crews cleaning up the mess from the riot last night. There is another guard with him, although he seems fairly inattentive and has a bored look on his face.

Marcus looks around surveying the workers, and Silver gets a good look at him as he approaches. Most of his equipment seems like the standard guard equipment (leather armor with metal studs and a thick wodden shield, both with the guard logo on them). At his side however he seems to have a sword of excellent workmanship, that looks longer and more deadly than most, while still capable of being wielded one handed.

As Silver approaches Marcus is looking the other way, and doesn't notice, while the other guard notices but doesn't seem to care.

Savior
2012-05-15, 07:48 PM
Silver

"Well well. Hello guard." Silver makes sure his notches are sealed tight for his gauntlets. He tidies them up, making them shine, but keeps his hands clenched for the most part. He's dead set on another fight, but first, makes sure he can tell anything of the surrounding buildings.

Knowledge Engineering to spot any weaknesses on the surrounding buildings, I.E support beams that are old, so on, so forth.
Check: [roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-15, 09:19 PM
DM/Marcus the Guard

Marcus looks at Silver and says Well well well, I was going to leave you alone, but here you are looking for a fight. If you start something I won't let you go this time, It will be to the jails with you. He then motions for the other guard to clear away the civilians. I won't make the first move, but if you come at me I won't hesitate

Results knowledge(eng)

You notice that although the buildings appear to be well constructed the damage from the commotion last night appears to have weakened the beams supporting a balcony of a house to the side of the street. No one is currently under the balcony. Additionally a wall in a shop on the other side of the street seems to have been weakened, however it looks more sturdy then the balcony supports.

Savior
2012-05-15, 10:00 PM
Silver

Non-nonchalantly walking to a balcony across the street, Silver looks at the beams of support, and begins to get loosened up. "I'm not looking for jail time, but I am looking to fight you, again. Lethal is the only thing I'm good at, considering what all I have gone through to get the name Silver." He constantly heats the metal spikes of his Gauntlet's up on the beam of what he expects to be wood.

Sunder check to widdle the support down weaker, but not destroy it yet. Using my knowledge check from before to calculate the amount of effort it takes, just in case it is more force than needed. Sunder Attack: [roll0] Sunder Damage:[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-16, 05:15 PM
DM/Marcus the guard/random NPC guard

Sunder results

You hit the beam and cracks spread throughout it, however while the beam appears weaker it looks like it will hold. It now looks quite weak.

Marcus looks at Silver, and a disdainful look appears on his face as he looks at Silver. He says to the other guard Lets take him together, and do a service to the city by removing him from our streets. At this they both draw their swords and move towards Sliver slowly.

Initiative Marcus
[roll0]

Init NPC guard
[roll1]

Savior
2012-05-16, 05:36 PM
Silver

"What? No code of battle? Fine by me." Silver takes the ready, and then lays into the beam once more, in order to crumble it, hopefully, after he gets at least one guy under it. He staggers around, and holds his fists up, ready for the battle.

Initiative: [roll0]
Sunder: [roll1] Damage:[roll2]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-16, 07:30 PM
DM/Marcus the Guard

As the guards reach the balcony they hear a sharp crack as Silver breaks the support beam, causing the entire balcony to start to collapse. Marcus quickly dodges, but his partner is not so lucky and gets hit with a block of stone. He appears to still be capable of fighting though despite the new gash along his shoulder and back.

Marcus is the first to reach Silver and swings his sword, hoping to repay his friend's injury.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Shortly after Marcus' partner arrives, also attempting to attack silver

attack
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

Savior
2012-05-16, 09:09 PM
Silver

Silver lunges directly fr the wounded man, in an attempt to mutilate him, unleashing all of hell in his one attack. He takes an immediate step back, trying to remain distant, still showing off his armour, which protected him from the blows.

Power attack wounded guard.
Attack:[roll0] Using power attack

Savior
2012-05-16, 09:11 PM
Confirming Critical.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-16, 09:38 PM
DM

Perception DC 5

You hear a loud crashing sound, and summise that something has collapsed outside.
DC 15

You hear yelling from down the streets. There seems to be another fight going on.

DM/Marcus/Marcus friend

Marcus gets hit by silver, and now sports several new wounds. He briefly notices that the hit just missed hitting him in the groin, which would have been much more painful. Ignoring the pain he lifts his sword and attempts to slash as Silver

Attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Friend's attack: [roll2]
dmg: [roll3]

Madcrafter
2012-05-17, 12:38 AM
Perception [roll0]
"You think that people would be tired of fighting in the streets after last night." he says to Imperia.

He goes to take a look out the door, presumably with some other people.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-17, 05:21 AM
DM

Looking out the door you see Silver fighting with two guards in the rubble of a collapsed balcony. Both of the guards seem injured but they keep fighting despite this. There seems to be a great many people looking on at the fight, from a safe distance of course.

Madcrafter
2012-05-17, 05:59 AM
"Och, now that was a bad idea on his part." Whuragen says to himself.

He approaches, to be close enough to interfere if needed, but still a safe distance away.

Fireheart
2012-05-17, 09:29 AM
Imperia shakes her head. "Aye. That's the truth." She picks up her cane and follows Whuragen to the door.

When he leaves, she follows as well. Curious but not enough to intervene, she watches with interest.

Anansi
2012-05-17, 01:34 PM
Perception Roll of 12 in OOC thread, Movement Speed is 40' in case that's relevant (no established position, just "somewhere in the city").

Angus hears a crash in the distance - the sound of a great deal of material crashing in a pile of wood and earth and stone - and immediately jogs toward the direction of the disturbance. He rubs his hands together to warm them up, ready for some inevitable manual labor.

Savior
2012-05-18, 11:33 PM
Silver

Impressed with the guard's ability to dodge his trick, and get so close to him in a fair, albeit weighted, fight, Silver contemplates. Loosening his grip on his gauntlets, he clings once more, and lays in on what he feels to be a heavy hit on his valiant foe. He assumes this to be an advent of a new person to strive himself with.

Power attack on Marcus.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-19, 09:20 AM
DM/Marcus

Marcus sidesteps Silver's blow and retaliates with a blow with his sword at Silvers outstretched arm.

damage: [roll1]

stabilize roll for NPC guard [roll2]

Savior
2012-05-19, 02:06 PM
Silver

Flicking the attack off of his silver armour. He stumbles to the left and hooks inwards once more with a strong attack again. "This is what I was looking for.".

Power attack on Marcus.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-19, 04:28 PM
Marcus/DM

Marcus catches Silvers blow on his shield, and attempts a low stab with his sword.

stabalize for NPC (-3HP): [roll2]

Savior
2012-05-19, 08:15 PM
Silver

Knowing when to admit defeat, he loosens his gauntlets and places his arms up. The first man to best him twice in 24 hours, Silver takes careful note, and adheres to the guard from this point. "Quite the fighter. This'll make being in this city fun."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-20, 08:22 AM
DM/Marcus

Marcus tells Silver to stay put, and slowly moves over to check on the other guard. Seeing he is dying he says Does anyone around here know first aid? My friend is dying here, I need help. He then says to Silver Stay put. I'll deal with you once this man is safe.

Madcrafter
2012-05-20, 09:13 AM
Whuragen kneels down beside the injured guard.

"I don't know first aid, but I know that stopping his blood from coming out is a good idea."

He pulls out his dagger and slices a portion off whatever piece of the guard's clothing is most convenient, and tries to bandage the wound.

Heal: [roll0]

Despite his best efforts though, the wounded guard continues to bleed out.

"Well so much for that!" He calls to the crowd: "Is anyone here a real doctor?"

Anansi
2012-05-20, 10:08 AM
Angus arrives and looks around at the scene. He has no idea what to make of it - a guard bleeding in the rubble, Marcus looking tired and tending to the man, and the man in the spiked armor from the night before with a vicious wound looking defeated. The dwarf is also tending to the dying man, who does not appear to be getting better.

"How can I be used?"

hydroplatypus
2012-05-20, 10:51 AM
DM/Marcus

Agnus, we need to move this man to a healer quickly. You can run faster than I can,so please take him. There is a witches shop at the intersection of 5th street and kings road. Your second left, then keep running straight until you reach the intersection. It has a gigantic picture of a potion on a sign out front, so you can't miss it.

Anansi
2012-05-20, 11:25 AM
Once the man is stabilized by Whuragen, Angus reaches down and grabs the guard by the belt. Nodding at the dwarf, he casually scoops the man with one hand off the ground and over his shoulder, then immediately takes off, following Marcus' instructions and running to the healer's shop.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-20, 12:13 PM
DM/Marcus

Marcus watches Agnus run away with his partner for a little while, then turns back to Silver with a very angry look in his eyes. You are coming with me. A nice long prison sentence should cure you of your violent tendencies. He keeps his sword drawn, and pointed at Silver for the duration of this speech. March convict, we're going to the jail with you.

OOC: unless Silver does something like try to escape (or anything you consider significant) Marcus will just escort you to the jail. I won't post for Marcus unless something like that happens (or a new in game day starts).

Savior
2012-05-20, 02:00 PM
Silver

"Convict? I haven't heard that in a while. You know, I'm hurt, too. Care to give me any time to heal? Wouldn't want me breaking out of jail while injured. What would that look like for your precious guard?"

Silver does follow the guard, not so much with hands up, but yes, following much the less. However, he constantly checks buildings after buildings, trying to memorize the landscape.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-20, 02:52 PM
DM/Marcus

You don't look like you're dying, so it can wait until you are safely in custody. Marcus continues walking

hydroplatypus
2012-05-20, 05:51 PM
DM

As Agnus runs down the street he sees the shop that was mentioned. As he enters he hears a voice from another room say Just a second, I'll be with you shortly A few moments later a young woman comes out followed by an owl, which perches on-top of a shelf. Upon seeing the guard she appears shocked and says in a shocked voice Bring him to the back room quickly

Anansi
2012-05-20, 10:40 PM
Angus follows the strange woman. He is very uncomfortable in this shop. It reeks of magic, and magic is trouble. Angus proceeds warily and on edge, his concern for the guard only barely outweighing his overwhelming desire to flee the shop.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:12 AM
DM/witch apprentice

As Angus enters the back room he sees a table that seems to be prepared to treat injured patients. Looking around you notice that the shelves seem to be filled with miscellaneous magic items, inter-spaced with potions. This room reeks of magic even more than the first. The woman motions for Angus to put the man down on the table, and then goes and looks around the shelves, clearly looking for something. A few moments later she comes back with a small glass vial, holding a red liquid.

Fireheart
2012-05-21, 11:56 AM
The fight ended so quickly, that Imperia was caught off guard as it suddently ended.

Before she can do much to assist Whuragen, another guard has swooped in and carried the wounded guard off.

"That was quick thinking." She said to Whuragen as she watches the remaining Guard escort the gauntleted fighter to jail. "That is one strange man."

(OOC: Sorry, missed everything after the fight ended!)

Anansi
2012-05-21, 07:24 PM
Angus places the man down on the table, and warily watches the witch.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 07:33 PM
DM/witch's apprentice

The woman takes the vial and pries the guard's mouth open, slowly feeding him the potion. As he drinks his wounds immediately become less severe, closing up before your eyes. The woman turns to Agnus and says It is good you got him here when you did, his wounds were quite severe. I'll keep him here overnight, to check for infection, however there is no reason for you to stay. I'll bill the guards for the potion later. She seems oblivious to Angus' unease, addressing him in a nervous tone herself. She starts rambling on I don't usually have many people come in here bleeding, the town has been fairly safe lately. I only started my apprenticeship a a month ago, so I hope I did a good job with him. She gestures to the guard.

Agnus however is already on his way out after hearing that the guard is OK. He goes back to the inn to get some rest after today's excitement.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 07:42 PM
DM
Not in jail

A new day has dawned in the city, and the townsfolk are going about their business. You wake to the sun coming in your window, and the smell of food and drink downstairs.

DM/Prison Guards
In Prison

Silver wakes from his slumber during the night to find that his armor has been taken from him, likely to a storage area. He also notices that across from him in his cell is another prisoner. This one seems less physically capable than you, but you remember that this portion of the jail is reserved for those who have committed violent crimes. It is unclear why he is here.

Savior
2012-05-21, 07:46 PM
Silver

Silver instantly becomes angry, and disengages the world. Instead of becoming a hulking form of pure rage, he stops and stares around. He tries to gain knowledge on the cell he is in.

After the long time of studying it, he goes to the wall of iron, and piques interest as the man across from him is not as physically adept to violence. "You wouldn't happen to be a murderer, would you?"

Taking 20 on the knowledge engineering check to see any structural weakness or anything out of the ordinary about the prison. If i can't take twenty, then here is my roll. [roll0]

meemaas
2012-05-21, 07:48 PM
Regault

"If setting fire to a building in the middle of a mismatched duel with a man who tried to steal my pocket change counts as murder, then yes. Why does it matter to you? You certainly don't look like you belong here, so why really are you here? Did the council send you? No, that would mean they lowered their standards."

Savior
2012-05-21, 07:54 PM
Silver

"I'm here because a guard got sent to a healer, after Marcus and his ally jumped me in a two on one. Granted, I can't kill Marcus. He's too fun to make angry. His friend on the other hand, had a balcony dropped on him, and then punched with my armour, which they thought would be cute about, and take from me. As per your council, you seem like the type of guy that reads into all that malarkey. On the other hand, someone stole your from your purse? Sounds like a personal problem. I commend your retort to that problem though. Names Silver. I'd tell you why, but more than likely, it's locked up somewhere."

Silver moved to lean onto the caged door, hoping to learn something about his new acquaintance's door. If nothing else, Silver saw no reason for this man to be imprisoned. Doing a good deed is doing a good deed.

Same check on the other man's door, assuming they would be different. [roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 07:55 PM
DM

The prison seems to be constructed out of stone, and was likely set up at least a century ago. Despite this the prison you are in appears to be well made, and no obvious flaws stand out at first. However as you look closer you notice that the joint where the walls meet the ceiling is poorly constructed. If you could find some way of gaining leverage you might be able to bring down the ceiling, however there doesn't appear to be any obvious means of gaining leverage that you can see.

The other man's door seems to also be well maintained, and there is no obvious weakness in it.

meemaas
2012-05-21, 08:02 PM
Regault

"Malarkey, as you call it, is the best this world has to offer. Not that it matters now." The red haired man leaned back against his wall, staring up at the ceiling as he began to ignore the brute who had spoken to him.

Anansi
2012-05-21, 08:02 PM
Angus wakes up to the uncomfortable attention of the particularly sloppy tongue of a familiar large, brown workhorse about his hair and face. He shoves the beast away, then stands and stretches, taking account of his possession.

He cleans himself in the trough and feeds himself from the oat sack as before, then cracks his back and neck loudly.

He strolls purposefully to the guard station from the day before, finding it in a timely manner, and approaches the guard on duty.

"I am Angus. I am here for duty."

Savior
2012-05-21, 08:07 PM
Silver

Silver leans off the cage door, and begins to ponder about the man on the other side of the hall. He's grown to accustom this man as something in the same light as himself."From what you've said, and what i could analyze, you're in the same boat as me, and in the same category. You do not strike me as a fool or belligerent idiot. However, you do strike me as a well regarded combatant. You have my respect, but i do not want to dwell much longer in here." Searching the capacity of his wound, he hoped he could easily strain himself. He began to lean off the cage, peering around his room.

Gonna take twenty on my perception check, if i can't, same drill as last time. [roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:10 PM
DM/Marcus

As Agnus enters the guard station and announces himself Marcus walks through a doorway into the room looking very pissed off. Noticing Agnus his expression softens a bit, likely having heard that his partner is doing well. He says Ah, Guardsman Angus. It is good that you came this early, as I have a job that really needs doing. One of the goblin gangs has gotten a little to ambitious, and has raided an alchemists shop lat night. Usually they just stay quiet and try not to attract too much of our attention. I am tasking you to deal with them. He pauses for a second, and his expression darkens. I suppose I should also tell you that we will be going to acquire some "help" for this task. One of the higher ups thought that Silver and a psion who is also in jail could work off their sentence by helping us with the gangs. Although I object orders are orders. We'll be collecting them shortly. And before I forget here is the briefing on the gangs. He the hands Angus a folder that is shut with the guard seal showing that no one has opened it since it was sealed.

DM
Prison

Your cell seems spartan, containing only a pile of hay - ostensibly for sleeping on - and a metal chamber pot. There is no window in the cell, and the ambient light comes from torches on the walls. They are outside of your reach.

Anansi
2012-05-21, 08:14 PM
Angus accepts the briefing and opens the document, cracking the seal.

Angus is completely illiterate, and thumbs through the document for pictures, before closing it again, and attempting (futilely) to re-seal it.

He nods sternly, and turns back to Marcus.

"You punch hard and have my respect. If prisoners come for this, I hope for no trouble. I know woman looking for adventure, if more people needed."

Savior
2012-05-21, 08:19 PM
Silver

Silver picks at the pot, and, dumping out the contents, if any, in the hay bale, he stands up to the joint of the door. Grunting, he lodges the entry of it into the pot in at an angle of 30 degrees, maximizing the work he could do to this joint and it's construction. Pulling on it with maximum torque, he attempts to rip the hinge from the ceiling, trying to bust the roof down.

Strength check: [roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:23 PM
DM/Marcus

Marcus looks slightly shocked when he notices that Angus cannot read, but quickly hides it. He then says This is your operation, if you think she will help then go for it. And now that I think about it who was that man that tried to bandage my partner? He seems to be a good man, and might be useful too. Now come on, I'll get you up to date on the goblins while we walk to the prison. With this he starts walking, expecting Angus to follow.

The gang is a reasonably sized one, with 10 goblins and 2 hobgoblins making up their membership. They are based out of an abandoned warehouse at 7th street and Colombia boulevard. None of them were particularly well armed, but they have recently had contact with an unknown benefactor, who is helping them. We are not sure if this benefactor has done much for them, or merely hired them, so be careful. We captured one last night and apparently they plan to raid the witch's shop tonight. So you can either ambush them as they attempt to raid the shop, or can attack them in their lair. The choice is yours.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:31 PM
DM
Prison

Although you feel some give on the doorway it does not budge this time. It does however make a loud noise as the bars slightly bend.

Listen checks (DC 12)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Anansi
2012-05-21, 08:32 PM
Not sure Marcus would have noticed the illiteracy - opened the packet, looked through it, closed it. Perception?

Angus nods and tries to commit as much of Marcus' discussion as he can to memory. He briefly considers the two options - ambush the raid or assault the lair - and decides to save the discussion for the complete group.

"I get the dwarf and woman and return. You get the prisoners."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:36 PM
OOC

Standard protocol in the guard is to read any mission briefing when you are given it. He just forgot you haven't been told standard protocol. Given that a few guardsmen have started off illiterate he is used to it. But ya in retrospect I should have rolled perception.

DM/Marcus

Marcus nods at Angus and says I'll have them brought to back here as soon as I get them. He then walks off towards the prison.

Savior
2012-05-21, 08:39 PM
Silver

Silver puts the pot at a better fulcrum point, slamming on it at the same angle as before, hoping to move the hinge lose, and let the door, or ceiling, fall down.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:42 PM
DM
prison

This time the door fails to move at all.

Perception DC 10

You hear footsteps coming down the hallway.

Anansi
2012-05-21, 08:50 PM
Angus walks towards the inn, pondering the strange events of the last two days. Things happened very quickly in this city. He wasn't quite sure he liked it.

Angus steps into the inn, and looks around for the dwarf and Imperia, trying to recall the minutiae of Marcus' plan as best he can.

Savior
2012-05-21, 08:51 PM
Silver

"This blasted door!" Silver never gives up, only stopping to get better holds, and pulling further on the point of impact.

strength Check:[roll0]
Perception check:[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 08:56 PM
DM
Prison

The door again fails to budge, and as you attempt to open it a guard steps out into view and notices what you are doing. He then yells for his partner to come too. Shortly after a guard with a loaded heavy crossbow enters view, and points it at you. The first guard draws his sword and says You there, stop fiddling with the door. Now, if you don't want do exactly as we say. I will be opening the meal slot shortly. When I do so slip the chamber pot under it.

Savior
2012-05-21, 09:00 PM
Silver

"You'd best go get Marcus for this one. He knows me, and how little i do what i am told. Granted, you can have the chamber pot." Waiting for the slot to open, he'll give the guards the chamber pot, but instantly goes back to pulling on the same spot, spitting on his hands, and wrenching one good time on the door.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 09:07 PM
DM/Prison guards

Now that you mention it Marcus is supposed to come to get you soon. Not sure why, but I hear he wasn't happy about whatever it was. Our comrades will be here shortly to escort you to a room more suited to conversing with Marcus. Looking over at the psion he says You're coming too when your escorts get here.

With this the pair of prisoners hear footsteps coming from down the hallway. It appears that 4 more guards are coming. One person seems to have a lighter tread than the others.

Savior
2012-05-21, 09:15 PM
Silver

bound and determined, he keeps a face looking onto the men, nodding, not caring too much about what they say. "Right, right. I think it was me almost killing that one guy he attacked me with." Silver still blatantly pulls on the door, trying to bring the ceiling down.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 09:18 PM
DM/Prison guards

The additional squad of guards, one of which seems to be a mage arrive, and seeing you pull on the bars the mage quickly casts a spell, hoping to make you easier to move.

Sleep spell
Will DC 13

If fail fall asleep

OOC: I have to keep laughing at these low strength rolls. I would have thought you would have made on of them.

Savior
2012-05-21, 09:20 PM
Will save: [roll0] For the record, i just want to break the ceiling. So. i'll go ahead and roll ANOTHER strength, in case i stay awake.
Strength:[roll1]

Can we assume i do bring it down, on my way onto the floor?

meemaas
2012-05-21, 09:28 PM
Regault

The man speaks up to the caster. "Thought that brute would never shut up. He was disturbing my meditation. I assume you lot are here to escort us?"

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 09:29 PM
DM/Prison Guards

To Silver

You make one last tug on the door before you fall, and the last thing you hear before you fall is a crack coming from the ceiling.

To Psion (forgot name)

You see the man in the next cell over collapses into sleep, however you hear a loud crack coming from the ceiling. You then see the ceiling of Silver's cell collapse ontop of him. Additionally part of the ceiling from the hallway has also collapsed, causing the two original guards to attempt a dodge.

damage divided by 2 due to short distance, 1/4 if reflex made, DC 15

[roll0]

[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-21, 09:32 PM
damage [roll0]/2

1/4 for crossbow one.

so 10 for the sword guard (bleeding out now)

5 for the crossbow one, injured but alive.

Silver being asleep cannot dodge, and so takes 10 damage from debris.

Savior
2012-05-21, 09:37 PM
Silver.

Popping up from the debris, he looks around, and smiles at the amount of chaos he caused. Dusting off his wounds and bloody speckle, he looks around at the remaining people. "Okay, I'm ready to go."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-22, 05:43 AM
DM/Guards

One of the guards immediatly goes over to his injured comrade and gives him a healing potion, causing him to wake up. Seeing Silver bleeding from very severe wounds he also grudgingly gives one to Silver. Whatever the higher ups want with you, it had better be worth it, cause if they didn't specifically ask for you I would have let you bleed out.

OOC
Next time there might not be a healing potion, so please think before collapsing the ceiling. The only reason they have one now (CLW by the way) is that it makes sense in context. After all how much use is someone at 1 HP.

Savior
2012-05-22, 05:45 PM
Silver

Silver cricks his neck, and then takes the potion with a bow. He scratches at his head, and pockets the empty vial. He taps his chin, and begins to bounce, not feeling too heavy. "I must have my armour if i am to be worth anything." Smiling cockily, like a man they must have in top shape, Silver waits for them to retrieve his armour.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-22, 07:28 PM
OOC

still being at -9+[roll0] HP Silver is still disabled. Just keep that in mind.

DM/Prison guards
Prison

The three uninjured non-mage guards quickly move to grapple Silver, while the mage moves to put manacles on Silver.

Grapple modifiers
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

If you don't resist (resisting will cost 1 HP as it is a strenuous action while disabled) then it auto succeeds

Savior
2012-05-22, 07:50 PM
OOC
How was i still disabled? Also, i forgot to put an hp bump on Silver. From a favored class bonus.

Silver

Throwing his hands up, he tries to back them off. "I'll go, I'll go. You don't have to push."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-22, 08:24 PM
OOC

You are currently in negative HP, as you were at -8 from the fall and 7 is the max healed from the potion. So therefore you are awake and at negative HP. I believe being awake and at negative means that you have the disabled condition.

DM/Prison Guards
Squad escorting Silver

Silver is escorted to a room, clearly meant to house prisoners such that they can be visited. He is taken to a bench, and his manacles are strapped to the floor by a strong chain. There appear to be no structural flaws in the room. 3 guards remain in the room with weapons drawn, clearly afraid of and angry at Silver. The other guards move down the hallway

In front of Psion Prison cell

After a little while you see 1 of the guards that took Silver coming back into view. The two remaining conscious guards look at you and the first says Sit down in your cell with your hands behind your back, and cause no trouble for us. We don't want to hurt you, but ill do so if necessary.

Perception DC 10

You notice that when the guard says he doesn't want to hurt you he is lying. He is clearly still pissed off about Silver hurting his comrade, and would love the opportunity to take out his frustrations on you for resisting.

meemaas
2012-05-22, 08:39 PM
Regault

"I'm sure you don't know enough about my powers to understand what i can or cannot do, but do not fret. I have no intentions of resisting you, unlike that brute there." He circled where he sat, until his back was facing the guards, and he placed both hands inside each other behind his back.

Perception [roll0]

Wouldn't that be more of a sense motive check?

hydroplatypus
2012-05-22, 09:20 PM
DM/Prison Guards

The prison guards open the doors to Regault's cell, and bind his hands behind his back. He is escorted to Silver's room, and is similarly secured. The guards then look expectantly toward the door clearly expecting someone to arrive any moment now.

Yes it should have been a sense motive, but you passed it, so it matters not. Keep the successful result. First time DM, so I'm likely to make some small mistakes like that.

meemaas
2012-05-22, 09:44 PM
Regault

"Serves you right you vicious brute. Maybe next time you'll kill yourself"

Savior
2012-05-22, 09:47 PM
Silver

Silver smiles around the room, looking at guards in order from most happy, to the most angry. "So, how many of you guys hate me? For, you know, doing so much damage." He keeps a perfect smile, it's funny to him, the amount of trouble a group of people go through in order to subdue one man.

OOC
My bad. Maybe you guys should heal me before we go. xD.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-23, 05:52 AM
DM/Prison Guards

The prison guards refocus their attention on Silver, and glare at him for a while. One of them speaks up and says Lets be clear, the only reason we are letting you go is that our commanders ordered it. If we had our way you would hang for what you have done. And lets be clear, if you step out of line again we will not be so forgiving, no matter what our superiors say.

Savior
2012-05-23, 03:36 PM
Silver

"So, a revolution of the pets? That'd be adorable. You gonna lick my face off?" Silver re-adjusts in his seat, leaning against the wall with a smile. He's eyeing the one over that commented, really frothing his eyes. "Are you scared of me, guard? I mean, considering what all I have done, and in what little time." Silver leans forward, and without his armor, does his best to intimidate the guard.

Intimidate check to get him to back away, or just to be a fun player. Check:[roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-05-23, 05:12 PM
DM/Prison Guard

A flash of fear crosses the guard's face, before he backs away, eyes darting to the chains holding Silver in, to the ceiling. The way he is looking at it he almost seems to be expecting it to collapse at any second. After a few seconds he calms down, but still looks nervous.

DM/Marcus

After a few moments Marcus comes into the prison with a pair off guards following him. Looking at the expression on the guards' faces he asks in an angry voice OK, what has he done this time!

Savior
2012-05-23, 07:36 PM
Silver

Laughing on the inside, Silver stays completely serious to the guards, but then turns casually to Marcus. "Hey hey buddy. Still waiting on my armor. Care to go grab that for me?"

hydroplatypus
2012-05-23, 07:48 PM
DM/Marcus/Guards

One of the guards quickly fills Marcus in on the details of Silver's collapsing of the roof. Marcus then turns to Silver, looking absolutely furious. He reaches for his sword, but holds himself in check at the last second. He ignores Silver's comment and motions for his two companions to release the two prisoners from their benches. They step forwards slowly, looking a little bit nervous of Silver.

Savior
2012-05-23, 07:52 PM
Silver

He flinches at one of the guards, hoping to get their attention. But all in all, he lets them unshackle him. "I'm serious though, I would love to help, but I need my armor to do so."

hydroplatypus
2012-05-23, 08:57 PM
DM/Marcus

Clearly losing his cool Marcus yells at Silver saying You'll get your armor when I say so, and not a second sooner.

Savior
2012-05-23, 11:20 PM
Silver

Stepping up to Marcus, Silver smiles. Resting an assuring hand on Marcus's shoulder, he just nods his head a long. Calm down. I'm merely trying to help you in this, whatever.

Fireheart
2012-05-25, 07:29 AM
(After the fight)

Imperia watches as everyone disperses from the fight.

So, Whuragen, is it back to the tavern for us? Or would you care to take a look around the city?

Madcrafter
2012-05-25, 07:51 AM
"I've got some shopping to do, so the marketplace is where I'm off to." He throws out an arm and shouts "Onwards!" before beginning to amble off.

-----------------

The next morning, Whuragen enjoys a late breakfast in the inn's common room.

Anansi
2012-05-25, 10:49 AM
Angus spies the dwarf sitting at the familiar table at the inn, and walks up to him. He places the dossier down on the table in front of Whuragen, and seats himself.

"Hello friend. I am Angus. You are close to the ground and feisty. I would like your help."

Angus gestures to the papers in front of them.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-25, 05:22 PM
DM/Marcus and guards

Marcus ignores Silver's comment and gestures for his companions to release Regault. After they do so he says Both of you follow me. We're reporting to a guard post. You'll be working off your debt to society by helping deal with some local crime problems. I guess the guard captain decided that you two would be better off fighting for us then killing a few guards in a break out attempt, not that that stopped you from trying your best to do so. With this he glares at Silver. So get moving. He then shoves Silver in the general direction they want to go. He then turns to Regault and says If you'll be so kind as to follow me. he says with an annoyed tone.

DM

To whoever reads the papers

The first paper details that Angus is now an official guard, and is able to recruit his own squad for this assignment. He is also being assigned two criminals who will be working off their debt to society by helping the guard.

The papers contain information on a goblin gang called the Red Hand. They are a band of 10 goblins, with two hobgoblins as leader and second in command. Recently however they have been receiving funding from an outside source, and may have used the extra money to expand their forces. The paper is uncertain as to the source of this funding, as well as what they are being paid for. Their base is an "abandoned" warehouse that they have taken up residence in.

They have recently robbed a prominent (non-magical) alchemist in the city, and made off with a significant amount of alchemist's fire, in addition to the other contents of the shop. The guard has focused on them for this reason.

The report recommends one of two methods of dealing with them, although it says that if an alternate approach seems viable that Angus and associates are free to try it.

1. Attack the goblins in their warehouse. You know for certain they will be there sooner or later, and you don't have to hunt them down.

2. After interrogation of a goblin prisoner we found out that they plan to raid the Witch's Brew (witch's shop) later tonight. An ambush here might be worthwhile.

Primary Objective: capture or kill all of the members of the Red Hand

Secondary Objectives:
- retrieve the stolen items for the alchemist
- Find out who their new benefactor is.

Madcrafter
2012-05-26, 12:31 AM
"Ah!" says Whuragen to Angus, flipping through the papers. "You're part of the guard now eh? And you want me to come with you on this assignment? Very well I accept! He hands the papers back to Angus. "So guardsman, what's your plan?"

Savior
2012-05-26, 05:58 AM
Silver

All of the backwards talking and rude comments do not help Silver remain loyal to the cause. And, with the constant dodging of him getting his armor back, Silver brushes past the guards, and sits back down on the bench. Crossing his legs, he looks around, and then smiles at Marcus. "We've got unfinished business." Silver, of course, trying to mention his silver armor.

meemaas
2012-05-26, 06:15 AM
Regault

Regault nods and simply follows, not saying a word.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-26, 08:44 AM
DM/Marcus

As Silver sits down, Marcus seems rather shocked. After a few seconds Marcus says Fine, you'll get your armor when I hand you off to Angus. Until then I'm not letting you get your hands on anything that looks even remotely like a weapon. So the less trouble you make for me the faster you get your armor.

Savior
2012-05-27, 04:29 PM
Silver

"I'll assume you're a man of your word." Silver stands and allows for himself to be escorted.

hydroplatypus
2012-05-28, 06:15 PM
DM/Marcus

As Silver gets up an allows himself to be escorted he quietly murmurs a something.

Listen DC 15

Oh gods please make this worth it. Please let releasing him be worth it.

He then continues to escort the prisoners back to the guard post.

Savior
2012-05-28, 09:28 PM
Perception check: [roll0]

Fireheart
2012-05-29, 01:04 PM
Spying Angus and Whuragen at a table, Imperia joins them.

"Morning, gents. Anything interesting going on this morning?"

OOC: Sorry...lost a day or so of posting.

~Fireheart

Madcrafter
2012-05-29, 03:41 PM
"Angus here is just trying to recruit me for a bit of law-bringing. Seems like he's part of the guard now. I'd suggest you come along but this is his mission, not mine." He grins a wide smile at both of them.

Anansi
2012-05-31, 02:23 PM
Angus smiles genuinely at the dwarf's sudden enthusiasm, then turns to Imperia with a broad, oafish grin on his face.

"I have found adventure. Join and we go to kill goblins with prisoners."

Angus gestures toward the papers, encouraging Imperia to take a look for herself.

Fireheart
2012-05-31, 04:20 PM
Imperia smiles and takes the papers.

After reading them, she hands them back to Angus.

"Cool. Goblins with fire seems like a bad idea. I'm happy to help. Let me grab my gear.

A quick run up the stairs and Imperia returns with her gear, ready to follow Angus and Whuragen.

Anansi
2012-05-31, 05:19 PM
(Assuming no one else has any lingering business at the inn or in town, moving forward. If either of you do, regard this as taking place after those events.)

Angus beams at Imperia's decision to join this growing tactical squad, and, with all information disseminated and preparations made, he brings them back to the guard station to meet with Marcus and the prisoners.

EDIT: Nothing else of note.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-02, 10:29 PM
DM/Marcus
to prisoners

Marcus arrives at the guard post with the prisoners, and the guards that escorted them there. He tells his escort to wait with them while he gets something from inside.

As he goes inside The guards notice someone approaching, and after a few seconds say Well, it looks like Angus is going to be here soon. Stand straight, you'll be working for him soon.

To rest of party

As you approach the guard station you notice that two guards seem to be standing near two prisoners in front of the guard station. They seem to be speaking to the prisoners.

Anansi
2012-06-05, 05:55 PM
Angus approaches the scene, looking about for Marcus. He appraises the two prisoners briefly, and is surprised - more by coincidence than incidence - to see the man from the bar. He nods to the both of them in a respectful but wary manner.

"I am Angus. We will slay many goblins together."

Angus turns to the guards.

"Marcus ready for mission to start?"

hydroplatypus
2012-06-05, 06:43 PM
DM/Random Guard

Marcus is just inside getting some equipment for the prisoners here. I still think releasing them is a bad idea, but can't really argue it.

meemaas
2012-06-05, 07:53 PM
Regault

"Oh its not like i was in there for anything malicious, like this brute here apparently is." Regault gestured towards Silver with a smirk. "All i did was give a pickpocket a lesson he won't soon forget. Although neither will that house, since he dodged my first shot."

Savior
2012-06-06, 12:38 AM
Silver

"Hey hey, you bring down one ceiling, and everyone hates you. Not to mention, all i wanted was a fight with Marcus. HE'S the one that brought in a buddy." Unable to keep a straight face, he looks at the guard that question the two prisoners' need in the mission. "I'm sorry, Buddy. Did you want me to stay here and get bored. Who knows what else I could do. Got any small animals? Or old ladies?"

Madcrafter
2012-06-06, 12:56 AM
Whuragen looks at the compulsive fighter and other prisoner and whispers to Imperia. "I don't envy Angus having to take responsibility for this here mission."

hydroplatypus
2012-06-06, 05:35 AM
DM/Random Guard

The guard pales as Silver speaks, clearly believing that he would in fact follow through with his threat to old ladies. He looks back at the guard post and yells Hey Marcus, we need his stuff now. If we wait much longer he'll get bored, and I don't want to be here when he get bored. He's already wounded too many guards for me to risk my life.

Anansi
2012-06-06, 06:51 AM
Angus faces Regault and says, in an attempt to be encouraging, "Is not my concern why you go to prison. Kill goblins and we get along."

He then turns to Silver, and nods, emphasizing that what he said to Regault goes for Silver as well. Then he adds, "Hit old lady, I hit you."

Fireheart
2012-06-06, 08:35 AM
Imperia raises an eyebrow at Silver's comment about old women and whispers back to Whuragen.

"I'm with you. I think I'd watch my back around that one. I'm not sure how long he's going to stay with us."

Savior
2012-06-06, 10:54 PM
Silver

His laugh becomes thundering almost, and he keels over, still having a hardy laugh after seconds. Wiping a few tears from his sockets, he looks around at everyone. "You guys are killing me. But, in all seriousness, i am getting bored. I'd enjoy fighting some goblins, but, i need to entertain myself here soon."

Anansi
2012-06-07, 08:15 AM
Angus disregards the madman's display, thinking to himself, "Maybe if he talked less he wouldn't have so many bruises." He turns to Whuragen and Imperia.

"What plan you think is best?"

meemaas
2012-06-07, 08:34 AM
Regault

Regault spoke up. "Wherever it is that we are going, send myself and the brute in first. Have your remaining men cover the exits, and we can let this brute try to break the building down on them. With myself to cover for him with my powers, between the fire and the ceiling falling on them, we should be able to smoke them right out at the others. Brutish moron took down a ceiling once already, although mostly on himself. I'm sure he can manage it again."

Fireheart
2012-06-07, 08:47 AM
Hmmm. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name? Imperia says to (Regault). (Pause)

While I'm not opposed to this plan, part of our objective is to recover the stolen goods...if they are buried in a pile of rubble, that might make recovery difficult.

meemaas
2012-06-07, 09:25 AM
Regault

"Regault. Same plan, except we target them directly. While they are distracted with my and the brute, you come in from the back and flank them. Nobody gave me any details "

Savior
2012-06-07, 10:09 PM
Silver

"As a suggestion. If there is a house next to this target location, why not destroy it, to try and provoke the people out of the target house? They leave, you guys go in, retrieve,get out. And I still get to destroy something." Silver cranked his back, popping it.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-08, 07:01 PM
DM/Marcus

Marcus walks out the door, carrying two sacks, one much larger with distinctive spikes sticking out of it. He looks at Silver, looking like he wants to say something. After a few seconds he seems to think better of it and says to Angus Although I'll understand if you can't control him please at least try to keep unnecessary property damage to a minimum.. He then hands the smaller sack to Regault, saying Here are the possesions that were confiscated when you were arrested. He then unceremoniously tosses the larger sack at Silver's feet, saying Here's your stuff.

Contents of Silver's Sack

Silver's items
2 cure minor wounds (you're no use injured, so might as well get you to +ve HP)

Savior
2012-06-08, 09:41 PM
Silver

"My hero." Silver places his items on, one at a time, and enjoy the sweet comfort of his armour. Taking one potion now, he places the other in his sack, ready to move on.

[roll0] -- CLW potion

hydroplatypus
2012-06-11, 06:23 PM
DM/Random Guards/Marcus

Marcus moves to join the two guards that escorted the prisoners, and says to the group Sorry to leave so soon, but I have a patrol that I have to go on. I wish you luck on your mission. With that he and the other two guards walk off.

meemaas
2012-06-11, 07:12 PM
Regault

Regault dressed himself in the clothes left with his gear, and then turns to the others, waiting for his so-called boss to comment on his plan.

Savior
2012-06-13, 09:50 PM
Silver

Standing in his armour, he waits around like the other prisoner. silver begins whistling, and looking around, getting bored.

Fireheart
2012-06-14, 07:46 AM
Seeing the two prisoners begin to look restless, Imperia straightens her clothes and steps forward slightly. With an apologetic glance at Angus, she glares at the two prisoners...

So, any chance one of you curs is local enough to be able to point us in the right direction of this warehouse?

OOC: Just hopin' to get us moving in a direction.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-18, 07:31 PM
DM

After a distinct lack of conversation the party awkwardly sets off in the general direction of the warehouse. After getting lost a few times they eventually arrive there.

The warehouse is a large building that appears to be two stories tall, with a slanted roof. It has a door in front of it, and no windows. It appears to be made of stone that has been fairly recently laid, and the doors made of wood.

There are alleyways between the buildings, and there are some people of various races making their way to and from the various warehouses. No one seems to be entering or exiting the warehouse you are interested in though.

Anansi
2012-06-18, 08:35 PM
Angus looks from person to person in the makeshift party. He turns first to Regault and Silver, and hands them the paperwork from Marcus.

"Here is information."

Once they finish reading the text, he asks Regault, ""We (indicating himself, Whuragen, and Imperia) cover exits, you go in door?"

meemaas
2012-06-18, 11:09 PM
Regault

Regault nods, and then speaks quietly, in case they were being overheard. "Two minutes to get in place, then the brute goes in first, and i'll cover him. Once the fighting starts, feel free to enter in through your respective entrances, just so long as you keep them covered one way or another." He kneels down for a second, closing his eyes to focus, and then waits for the others to carry out the orders.

Meditating for Psionic focus. Choosing fire for my energy based powers. Big shocker there.

Madcrafter
2012-06-19, 12:40 AM
That plan works fine, as long as there are only three exits, and one of us doesn't get mobbed by a whole group trying to escape." Nonetheless, Whuragen begins to (as subtly as a person in armour in the middle of the street can) move towards his assigned exit.

Anansi
2012-06-19, 06:41 AM
Angus reaches his right hand up and over his shoulder, unstraps his sword, and draws it. Then he walks alongside Whuragen for a moment, until they reach their respective exits.

Fireheart
2012-06-19, 09:19 AM
Imperia smiles, nods and heads the other way toward the remaining door.

OOC: ARe there really doors on each of the walls?

hydroplatypus
2012-06-19, 06:06 PM
DM

As everyone moves towards their respective entrances it dawns on them that the only visible entrance is on the front of the building. Perhaps there are more but you do not yet know where they are.

Savior
2012-06-19, 09:34 PM
Silver

Beginning to whistle, Silver reached into his pack, rummaging around for a bit. With a smile and a chuckle, he grasped his ram. Taking a quick look over the structure of the warehouse, the door most importantly, he took aim at the door, waiting for the call to tear down the door.

Savior
2012-06-19, 09:37 PM
Sorry, forgot the skill check.
Knowledge engineering: [roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-06-20, 05:25 PM
DM

The walls seem to be of sturdy construction, and while they could be bashed down given enough time it would certainly alert everyone inside. The door on the other hand is a different matter. It is a door of fairly average construction, and would not last long against a ram.

Fireheart
2012-06-22, 09:57 AM
Imperia continues to move around the walls to see if there is another entrance.

OOC:

stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

Anansi
2012-06-22, 04:58 PM
Angus continues to warily circle about the building, until he encounters another entrance, one of the goblins in question, or returns back to the first entrance encountered.

Madcrafter
2012-06-23, 01:19 AM
"If there's less than two other doors, I'll cover the front one after you two go inside."

Whuragen moves beside the front door, and readies his weapon.

OOC:
If neither Imperia or Angus come back, he might go looking to see if there is a third door around.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-23, 09:35 PM
DM

To Imperia

As you creep around the side of the building you see a door on the side of the warehouse. moving a little farther you see a goblin trying to hide in the shadows. He is doing a good job of it, however you notice him as light reflects off of a dagger he is cleaning. He does not appear to have noticed you yet.

To Angus

As you step into the alley on the opposing side of the building you see nothing of note. There does not appear to be any doors on this side of the building. you walk through the alleyway, towards the back of the building, looking for an entrance.

Anansi
2012-06-24, 10:08 AM
Angus continues walking around the building.

Fireheart
2012-06-24, 08:17 PM
Imperia moves as close to the goblin as she can, still hiding in the shadows. As she approaches, she raises her sword cane, hoping to bring down the goblin quickly and silently.

OOC: approach, and non-lethal attack w/ swordcane if she's not spotted.

If she's spotted, will draw sword as swift action and attack.

stealth
[roll0]

attack non-lethal (+2atk,-4)

[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]

if lethal
[roll3]
dmg
[roll4]

hydroplatypus
2012-06-24, 09:47 PM
DM

To Imperia

The goblin does not notice you as you creep up, however your weapon misses him, as he ducks to tighten his shoelaces. It makes a loud noise as it hits the wall behind him.

initiative: [roll0]

Fireheart
2012-06-25, 09:17 AM
Dragon's Breath. Imperia curses.

Swiftly drawing her blade, she attacks. Please die quickly and quietly.

OOC:

[roll0]
[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-06-25, 06:25 PM
DM

To Imperia

the goblin steps under the blow, and draws a small sword. He attempts to hit your leg.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-25, 06:26 PM
DM

To Imperia

confirm crit roll: [roll0]
if success dmg=6

OOC: sorry bout two posts, but it was strictly nessesary

Fireheart
2012-06-27, 09:26 AM
OOC: Sorry for delay!

Dragon's breath. That hurts. Imperia curses again and attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]

hydroplatypus
2012-06-27, 09:26 PM
DM

To Angus

Coming to the end of the alleyway you turn to look at the rear of the building. There appears to be no obvious means of entrance on this side of the building either.

OOC: I'll explain later why your character is taking so many posts to move around a building.

Perception DC 14 (all but Imperia) (DC 18 for Angus)

You hear the sounds of battle coming from the alleyway where Imperia went to check for a door. It sounds like there are few participants, but you hear Imperia saying Dragon's breath. That hurts, and cursing.

To Imperia

The goblin parries your blow with his sword, and moves to counter attack. Saying Curse you pale skins, always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-27, 09:29 PM
DM

To Imperia

OOC: well... this goblin seems to be doing exceedingly well, with what 7 damage guaranteed, not even counting the possibility that this crit is confirmed. Seriously he is far too lucky.

confirm: [roll0]
dmg if confirmed: 8

OOC: what is your AC? too lazy to look at the char sheet at the moment.

Anansi
2012-06-28, 06:48 AM
Perception: [roll0]

If Perception >18:
Angus hears the sound of Imperia cursing. Weapon drawn, he sprints in the direction of the disturbance.

If Perception <18:
With no other way to go at the end of the alleyway, Angus turns back in the direction he came, and continues on until he comes across one of the others or returns tot he entrance.

Savior
2012-06-28, 11:33 AM
Perception check: [roll0]

Silver

Whistling softly, he placed his portable ram back inside of his pack, and took off in a jog towards the noises. He shackled up tighter on his gauntlets, rearing for battle once he made it.

Fireheart
2012-06-28, 12:58 PM
OOC: Incredibly lucky. Her AC is only 15 and thankfully neither crit hit. She's currently at 4hp.

Bleeding from multiple wounds, Imperia doesn't reply, only attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Madcrafter
2012-06-28, 03:03 PM
Seeing Silver suddenly pack up and head off, Whuragen looks confusedly around for a reason why. In a whispered yell, he asks "Oy, whe're you off to?" Looking quickly between the two prisoners, he decides he's better off following the more destructive of the two, and sets off after Silver, motioning for Regault to stay covering the front door.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-28, 07:01 PM
DM

To all but Regault

As you all enter the alleyway you see a heavily wounded Imperia fighting a goblin, next to a side entrance to the warehouse. As the alleyway is only 5 feet wide Silver and Whuragen find themselves unable to close on the goblin. Coming from behind is a sprinting Angus, however he is still a significant distance down the alleyway from the fight (about 20 feet).

OOC: given everyone is running I'll take that as a full round action, making it the goblin's turn, then Imperia's. roll initiative to determine in what order you act.

Goblins actions

The goblin sidesteps Imperia's latest attack, and looks around. Seeing the reinforcements arrive the goblin quickly opens the door (move action) steps inside (5 foot step) and swings his sword, attempting to take down Imperia (standard action).

if nessesary: crit confirm roll: [roll2]

OOC edit: wow this goblin is insane. his attack/dmg rolls have been nat 20(22)/3, nat 20(22)/4, 18/4. And Imperia hasn't landed a single blow. (crit confirm rolls failed though). If he lives past this quest he is definitely getting a PC class and a name.

Anansi
2012-06-28, 07:33 PM

Stat Block:
Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 8

On Angus' Turn:

Seeing Imperia take a brutal blow, Angus charges straight up to the goblin, sword held overhead with both hands. He comes down mightily, straight for the top of the goblin's head.

Melee Attack: [roll1] [Melee +6, +2 for Charge, -1(0) Power Attack (Negated by Furious Focus)]
Damage: [roll2] [+2 Two-Handed Power Attack]

-2 Penalty to AC (now 12) until next turn.

Fireheart
2012-06-28, 09:00 PM
Imperia falls but even as she does, she attempts another attack.

(OOC: since I'm not sure if her attack would happen or not, at 0hp
[roll0]
[roll1])

hydroplatypus
2012-06-28, 09:16 PM
DM

To alley group

OOC: at 0HP you can make the attack, but it causes you to drop to -1HP. Commence rolls to stabilize. For pathfinder I think it is a DC 10 CON check. Also, I'm probably not going to mind initiative order too much. As Angus posted first I'll put him after the dying Imperia (so right now). But seriously, this has to be the most awesome goblin ever. If he defeats the party I will laugh so hard.

IC: As Imperia goes down she makes one final swing at the goblin, which falls short, hitting the ground in front of him.

Angus then promptly charges in, only to have his sword bounce off the doorway, doing nothing to the goblin.

OOC: check OOC thread for post on combat situation.

meemaas
2012-06-28, 10:18 PM
Regault

Regault, hearing the noise, hears his entire plan falling apart. If he can recognize it, so can the ones inside, and with three of the meatshields he had come with all following after it, he knew this wasn't going to end well. He stood there for a moment, thinking, and then moved up against the door, pressing his ear to it to try and listen to the events inside. It was times like these he wished he had more power to gather information, rather than just ways to set things on fire.

Perception check through the door. Logic dictates that they would probably send people to help him, but he wants to have an idea as to whether or not his foes have heard them. [roll0]

Savior
2012-06-29, 07:59 AM
Silver

Pushing the smaller man out of his way, Silver pursues the goblin to the door way. Coming to a harmed Imperia, he lifts the woman up, and shifts her behind a structure, much like a trash bin, or something sturdy. Cracking his neck, he stands 10 feet away from the door (Or an equivalent) and stares at the goblin.

With a righteous smile, he waits for something to happen.

Even assuming my initiative is crap, Silver would still dictate the ability to push Whurgen out of the way, him getting there first.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-29, 09:22 AM
DM

To Regault

As you listen through the door, you hear a trio of goblins talking. They seem to be playing cards before they pause, as if they hear something. One of the goblins says Probably nothing. Anyway, I fold. They do not seem to be paying enough attention to hear what is going on.

Madcrafter
2012-06-29, 09:38 AM
Seeing that the combat goblin retreating into the building, Whuragen waits at the end of the alley, to keep an eye on the front door as well.

hydroplatypus
2012-06-29, 02:18 PM
DM

Current map

OOC: I'll try to make the image a bit smaller next time.
http://s19.postimage.org/6vas0vro2/V_and_H_001_attempt_2.jpg

Alley group

The goblin turns and runs back inside of the building (withdraw action) and starts yelling as loud as it can Intruders, intruders at the side door.

Looking into the room the goblin just ran from you see that it isn't really a room per say, but an enclosure made by many boxes of what appears to be some sort of food product. Their expiration date appears to have passed, however the boxes are currently containing the likely smell. It would likely become overpowering should they be smashed.

Current initiative: Imperia (stabalize check, unconcious so nothing else for the moment)
Next: Angus

To Regault

As you continue listening you hear a goblin enter the room the previous goblins are in, yelling Intruders, intruders at the side door.

meemaas
2012-06-29, 02:58 PM
Regault

Under his breath, he swore. "They messed up, i should have figured they'd be caught." He waves towards Whuragen, trying to call him over here. His flanking plan will have to be adapted, and by the looks of it, this mistake closed one door and opened another.

Madcrafter
2012-06-29, 05:54 PM
Whuragen runs back to Angus, weapon at the ready.

Fireheart
2012-06-29, 09:20 PM
OOC:

According to the PRD: On the character's next turn, after being reduced to negative hit points (but not dead), and on all subsequent turns, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become stable. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. A character that is stable does not need to make this check. A natural 20 on this check is an automatic success. If the character fails this check, he loses 1 hit point. An unconscious or dying character cannot use any special action that changes the initiative count on which his action occurs.

1d20+2-1

Imperia
-2hp

Anansi
2012-07-02, 09:08 AM
Angus moves into the warehouse, attempting to follow the goblin.

Perception: [roll0]

Inside:
Moves into the warehouse. Will proceed cautiously, unless he was able to chase after the goblin. If possible, Angus will attack the goblin at the first opportunity.

Once inside, if there's no sign of the goblin and no action dictated by the Perception check above, he'll carefully move at his base speed, looking for him.

Savior
2012-07-02, 09:35 AM
Silver

Looking around, he checks the inside of the extension, and decides to check one of the boxes. He decides on a plan, and grasps a bunch over his arms, carrying his medium load of them. Walking outside, he carefully makes his way to the front of the building where Regualt stands.

Just going to pick up as many boxes, and take as many turns as it takes for me to get to the front with a medium load.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-02, 02:19 PM
DM

To Agnus

As you run inside of the warehouse you find yourself in the "room" immediately after the door. the only obvious exit seems to be a hallway, that leads out of the room. (the goblin is not in sight, however the only way to move is the hallway. Would Angus go down it this turn, or wait until next? clarify please.) {edit: if he goes down hallway I will update map}

To Silver

You pick up 3 of the rather heavy and large boxes, stacking them ontop of each other. The stack of boxes looks significantly less stable now that they have been removed. it will take 1 turn (not including this one) to get them to the front.

Anansi
2012-07-02, 05:46 PM
(Agnus Angus would go down that hallway. As above, if unable to directly follow the goblin, he will proceed cautiously at his base movement speed.)

hydroplatypus
2012-07-02, 07:11 PM
Updated Map

http://s19.postimage.org/jf2dc8pu9/V_and_H_002.png

current initiative: Whuragen
then: goblin (DM)

Madcrafter
2012-07-03, 10:44 AM
OOC:Whoops, I messed up on my last post. I meant to say I run back to Regault, not Angus. Anyways, Whuragen should be at the front door.

Whuragen looks to Regault. "Can you can cover this door by yourself for a moment? I think I should go help our downed companion, since the others have probably forgotten." This said, he returns to the alley with the intention of helping Imperia to the best of his ability.

OOC:
Which based on previous experience, is not much. I'm guessing it will take a full turn to get there.

meemaas
2012-07-03, 02:04 PM
Regault

"If the goblins do not move back towards your door, they will likely come through this one for an escape. If they do, i will not be able to handle multiple at once. Keep that in mind."

hydroplatypus
2012-07-03, 05:44 PM
DM

To Angus

You hear some goblins moving beyond your field of vision, before a trio of goblins enters your view. two of them take up positions in the hallways, while the original goblin continues his running and shouting.

initiative order

Goblin
Imperia (-HP) (current)
Angus
Silver
Whuragen
new goblins

Map
http://s19.postimage.org/xipiciz81/V_and_H_003.png

Fireheart
2012-07-04, 09:17 AM
Imperia

Roll to stabilize (+2 con, -2hp)

[roll0]

edit: Okay, she's stable at -2 hp.

Anansi
2012-07-04, 09:32 AM
Statblock:

Angus hefts his greatsword over one shoulder, and stares plainly at the goblins. He seems to briefly consider saying something, then remembers the wounded Imperia at the door.

He charges. Feet pounding on the warehouse floor, he brings his sword down on the goblin directly in front of him in a tremendous arc, attempting to split him from shoulder to hip.

Melee Attack: [roll0] [Melee +6, +2 for Charge, -1(0) Power Attack (Negated by Furious Focus)]
Damage: [roll1] [+2 Two-Handed Power Attack]

-2 Penalty to AC (now 12) until next turn.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-04, 05:53 PM
DM

As she lies propped up at the side of the alleyway the worst of Imperia's bleeding seems to have stopped. Her life is not in immediate danger anymore.

Inside of the building Angus charges, and swings his sword, attempting to kill one of the goblins. However the goblin nimbly sidesteps his blow, taking no injuries.

OOC: lol, these goblins are so lucky.

initiative: Silver, then whuragen

Savior
2012-07-05, 07:55 AM
Silver spends his turn finally getting to where Regualt stands.

Silver

Slamming the the boxes down, and then sorting them next to each other, he opens one, to see what is in it.

Madcrafter
2012-07-05, 10:57 AM
"Ach, I knew I should have made an effort to learn some healing magic." Whuragen kneels down next to Imperia, and evaluates her wounds.
Heal: [roll0]

OOC:Is it just me or is no one else able to use the formatting buttons in their posts (I had to manually type out colour and spoilers)?

hydroplatypus
2012-07-05, 06:24 PM
DM

To Silver and Regault

As you open the box you are hit with the overwhelming stench of rotting food. Apparently the labels were correct about the contents. DC 10 fort save or be nauseated for 1 round. {effects everyone withing 1 square so regault too}

To Whuragen

you determine that her wounds are not risking an immediate death, as she has stopped bleeding out.

To Angus

the two goblins who took positions in the hallway attack you, hoping to disable you before you can attack again.

attack 1: [roll0]
attack2: [roll2]

additionally yet more goblins come out of a "room" to the side of a hallway, with one of them moving into position on your right. More goblins come out as well, but cannot get past the one who just moved up. The original goblin and a friend run to the end of the hallway, clearly intending to open a door.

Edit:
OOC: it's just you

Map

http://s19.postimage.org/71mrx36j5/V_and_H_004.png

init:

Goblin
Angus (current)
Silver
Whuragen
new goblins

Regault, Imperia (-HP) not in combat.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-10, 07:02 PM
Angus
(due to a lack of posting he is being temporarily made an NPC)

Angus takes a swing at the nearest goblin and takes a step (5 foot step) back

statblock

Angus

damage [roll1]

current initiative: Silver

Savior
2012-07-11, 10:20 AM
Silver

Groaning and almost puking, he turns to Regualt, only after closing the box.
"Anyway you could help me? I need these boxes tossed into that room. When i get my stomach settled, I'll open the door. All you have to do, is help me throw two in." Silver walks up to the door, letting the three boxes stand side by side by side.

Madcrafter
2012-07-11, 05:12 PM
Whuragen, seeing that Imperia is in no immediate danger, looks up again. Seeing the door ajar and no one else around he pulls out his warhammer and cautiously goes into the building.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-11, 07:55 PM
DM

To whuragen

As you cautiously enter the room and move to the hallway you hear sounds of battle coming from the hallway. It appears as if a large object has struck the floor

To Angus (whenever you turn back into a PC)

your sword misses the goblins entirely, hitting the floor.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-12, 09:23 PM
DM/goblins

OOC: sorry, thought that there was another space in the initiative order before the goblins.

To Regault

As you listen to the door you hear the sounds of combat coming from within, as well as a clank as something large hits the ground.

To Angus (whenever you get back)

Three goblins swing their swords at you, hoping to bring you down. The first attack is aimed at your leg, the second at your chest, and the third at your arm. The goblins also move to let one of their number pass to the room that presumably houses the front door.

goblin attacks

attack: [roll2]

attack: [roll4]
dmg: [roll5]

To Whuragen

You hear sounds of combat from down the hall.

OOC: srry about the lack of anything to do Imperia's player. We really need to get some healing.

MAP

The grey areas are what you know of but cannot see. I will not update these sections, so they may not match to reality (aka. they represent what it was like the last time you saw it. Enemies have probably moved since then.)

http://s19.postimage.org/rqxphnis1/V_and_H_005.png

meemaas
2012-07-12, 11:04 PM
Regault

"They are already fighting. Get the door quickly, and duck." He took one of them, and prepared himself for the door to open.

Ready an action to throw one of the increments of rotting food inside the door.

[roll0]

Fireheart
2012-07-16, 08:20 AM
Angus swings his greatsword again at the goblin directly facing him. He then takes a single step back.

"Come ye beasties..."

OOC:

attack goblin directly in front of him, then take 5 step back. (Forcing the goblins to come at him one by one.)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Savior
2012-07-22, 03:57 PM
Silver

Silver readied his ram, and then took practice swings, before nailing the door with a hard stroke.

Strength check to open the door with a ram:[roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-07-22, 05:05 PM
DM

As you smash the door with the ram it immediately flies open, having apparently been unlocked. Inside you see a large room, with a table inside. You notice that there are playing cards dropped on the table, appearing to have been discarded in a hurry. There is a goblin standing next to the doorway, probably hoping to ambush someone who charges in, clearly not foreseeing an attempt to use a ram to open the door.

Map

srry, forgot to move Angus back 5 feet.
http://s19.postimage.org/c606qbro1/V_and_H_006.png

Initiative

Goblin
Angus
Silver
Regault (current)
Whuragen
new goblins

meemaas
2012-07-22, 05:19 PM
Already attempted to throw one of the bundles of rotten food inside at them. Horrible roll, but its aimed at the goblin nonetheless

hydroplatypus
2012-07-22, 05:28 PM
DM

Although the thrown crate misses the goblin you are aiming for it smashes immediately in front of the goblin you are aiming for. The goblins appear to be having trouble breathing as the fumes from the rotting food spill out of the box.

Gob fort saves

DC 10 or nauseated for 1 round.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OK, so 1 nauseated, 1 not.

Madcrafter
2012-07-23, 03:49 PM
Whuragen runs around the corner, and sees Angus holding off the horde of Goblins. "Hold steady there lad!" He yells while placing a glowing hand against Angus's back. "And if you need a breather, I can hold the hall for a while."

Going around the corner and casting Protection from Evil on Angus. Will stand right behind him, so he can retreat through me if he chooses.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-23, 05:48 PM
DM/goblins

In hall (Angus/Whuragen)

You see some goblins moving dow to the hallway, and hear a loud sound coming from the passage on your left. It sounds like the impact of a large blunt object. You hear the sounds of someone throwing up from the same passage.

The goblin facing Angus makes a stab at his chest.
(protection from evil applies, so do not forget to add that to your AC)

Front Door (Silver/Regault)

Several other goblins move into the room, taking up positions around the door. Another goblin is kneeling in the hallway, throwing up from the stench.

Map
http://s19.postimage.org/y41ph8d01/V_and_H_007.png

Initiative

Goblin
Angus (current)
Silver
Regault
Whuragen
new goblins