PDA

View Full Version : Evil archer build?

Rausdower
2012-04-18, 01:19 AM
So I'm about to enter an evil game and I need help making a character. My theme is a pure chaotic evil manhunter to the extreme. He hangs out in the woods all day so he can hunt people walking through and track them down. Death from 100ft away, the perfect predator, all that.

I know I want good numbers in skills such as: spot, jump, hide, move silent. Mechanically, I'm kinda at a loss, I was thinking Craigtop Archer for more sniping but then rogue for better skills and sneak attack; provided I find a good way to sneak attack at range.

How can I be effective in battle?

Zilzmaer
2012-04-18, 01:23 AM
Have you considered a Swift Hunter? It's a multiclass Ranger/Scout using the feat of the same name from CAdv to stack Skirmish and Favored Enemy. There's a link to the handbook around somewhere.

shortround
2012-04-18, 01:37 AM
This one right? (http://dictummortuum.blogspot.ca/2011/09/swift-hunters-handbook.html)

Throwing in a vote for Swift Hunter, too. Skirmish damage is very similar to Sneak Attack, and with Swift Hunter, has the benefit of allowing you to Skirmish things normally immune to Skirmish damage. The Ranger chassis happens to have all the skills you listed. The build fluffs pretty well into a "perfect predator" sense with you as this archer that zips around behind trees just out of his prey's line of sight.

Rausdower
2012-04-18, 01:46 AM
Why hadn't I thought of the swift hunter first? Could have been the fact that I've been up for 14 hours.

Gnome Alone
2012-04-18, 02:11 AM
So... you want to stat out Ted Nugent?