PDA

View Full Version : [SR3] SINful Living

Oracle_Hunter
2012-04-18, 09:14 AM
I'm in the process of getting back into SR3 after a long hiatus which has got me thinking about a lot of things.

For one, SINs. So, apparently they didn't exist pre-SR3 (or did they?) but the SR3 Rulebook doesn't have a lot to say about how they should function in society.

Specifically:

- What sort of businesses would have Credstick Readers? What would their ratings be (important for forged credsitcks)

- Are there meaningful differences between a given Lifestyle if you have a SIN or if you don't? Medium Lifestyle gives you a First Class Tube Pass, but you can't ride the tube without a SIN, can you?

I'd prefer canon answers if available, but I'm also amenable to fanon. Just make sure you label which is which :smallsmile:

LibraryOgre
2012-04-18, 11:04 AM
SINs have been a part of SR since the beginning, but they weren't as commonly addressed prior to SR3; I attribute that mostly to RL increases in information technology and the way identity works.

I don't know of any canon sources (I suspect Neo-Anarchists Guide to Real Life), but I would go with a base of Rating 3 in establishments pointed towards Low lifestyle people (Walmarts and Stuffer Shacks), with a corresponding increase of 1 per additional climb up the Lifestyle ladder (Middle 4, High 5, Luxury 6).

Again, sources on this would probably be Neo-Anarchists Guide to Real Life, and perhaps some useful NERPS from Shadowbeat.