PDA

View Full Version : Edward Scissorhands

Scowling Dragon
2012-04-18, 03:11 PM
All throughout the movie I wanted Kim to die.

She is the worst , most horrible person in the movie.

Jim, is an ******* yes. But hes a general *******. He hates everybody.

But HER (From now on Im going to call her the she demon), the she demon LIVES with him, the demon KNOWS how he suffers, the she demon drags Edward down through the mud, drags her family through the mud.

She KNOWS how much edward loves her, she KNOWS how fragile he is, yet she doesn't admit. She could just tell, and then the blame would fall off this poor innocent guy.

Yet she doesn't. Her selfishness, and her evil evil evil HATE HATE HATE! Dooms everybody. **** her. Edward, you deserve more then this she bitch that takes advantage of you.

Diskhotep
2012-04-19, 08:39 PM
Wow. I'm sensing some subtext here.

While Kim makes some poor decisions, keep in mind she is a confused teenager, afraid of her feelings and afraid to admit her wrongdoings. She had no way of knowing how quickly events would spiral out of control. In the end she was at least able to save his life from an angry mob by faking his death.

If I were to pick one person to label the most horrible person in the film, I would have to choose Joyce, the seductive neighbor. When Edward snubs her advances, she casts him in the worst possible light, to the point that the neighborhood believes that he "practically raped" her. This is not a naive teenaged girl who has difficulty forseeing the consequences of her actions. Joyce is a grown woman who regularly cheats on her husband and knows precisely the best way to defame Edward's character.

The Boggs family is willing to give Edward the benefit of the doubt, as everyone makes mistakes, and it is not unreasonable to believe that in time the rest of the neighborhood would come to forgive him for his theft and property destruction. But with an assault accusation Edward moves from someone to be mistrusted to someone to be feared in the eyes of the neighbors. From such fears are mobs born.

Dr.Epic
2012-04-19, 09:37 PM
Keep in mind...

A) Edward is technically a homunculus (something you don't really encounter everyday unless you're name is Victor Frankenstien or Edward Elric)

B) She's a teenager girl.

C) There is a story arc with her. She does show growth and mature.

Honestly, I don't see how you could be that enraged with the girl. It's not like she's Bella from Twilight.

Triscuitable
2012-04-19, 11:30 PM
Keep in mind...

A) Edward is technically a homunculus (something you don't really encounter everyday unless you're name is Victor Frankenstien or Edward Elric)

B) She's a teenager girl.

C) There is a story arc with her. She does show growth and mature.

Honestly, I don't see how you could be that enraged with the girl. It's not like she's Bella from Twilight.

Bella-who? I only remember somebody without emotion that I wanted to see flayed by the fifth minute/chapter. :smalltongue:

Scowling Dragon
2012-04-20, 12:46 AM
Edward being a homunculus has no effect on the fact that he has emotions just like a person.

The reason I hate kim, is because she is CLOSE to edward. She LIVES with him and knows that he suffers. She knows he isn't a toy, that he isn't a entertaining fad. Hes a person.

Yet out of her selfish bitchy bitch bitch horrible terrible ugly mean self she doesn't do anything about it because she values herself more.

If she told the truth it was actually have had a REVERSE effect of the rape accusation. People would begin to question Joyce, wonder how a scissor-handed guy not leave a mark on her.

And that little girl she talks too better be her brothers daughter or such.

Because I would completely flip my **** if she loved Edward so much she found another guy.

Serpentine
2012-04-21, 05:52 AM
:confused:
Kim is stupid, selfish, narrow-minded, conscious of what others think of her and easily swayed by the opinions of her peers - in other words, she's a teenage frickin' girl. Her flaw is weakness - a failure to stand up properly, effectively, when faced with something wrong. She's a long, long way from being a "she demon", unless you think all scared little girls are one.

I agree with Diskhotep: Joyce is the real villain here. Even Kim's boyfriend (I forget his name) wouldn't have been able to do as much damage as he did if Joyce hadn't poisoned the community against him.

Scowling Dragon
2012-04-21, 06:10 AM
Yeah. I kind of overreacted there. :smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2012-04-21, 10:38 AM
Edward being a homunculus has no effect on the fact that he has emotions just like a person.

A) For the average person this would be difficult to understand. They're artificial, and it would be difficult for the average person to understand something artificial could have emotions.

B) I think they'd be too distracted that someone was able to create life in this manner to think about emotions.

C) The guy has sharp blades for fingers! That's intimidating.