PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get Earth Glide [3.5]

Aemoh87
2012-04-18, 06:50 PM
I am building a half minotaur cleric who is a Half Greathorn Minotaur [MM4]. I have found ways to emulate most of his abilities, but I cannot find a way to get earth glide, any one know of a way? I am willing to prestige to get it.

Earth Glide (Ex): An earth elemental can glide through
stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as
easily as a fish swims through water. Its burrowing leaves behind
no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other signs of
its presence. A move earth spell cast on an area containing a burrowing
earth elemental flings the elemental back 30 feet, stunning
the creature for 1 round unless it succeeds on a DC 15 Fortitude
save.

some guy
2012-04-18, 06:59 PM
The Underdark Knight paladin alternative class feature gets it (complete champion pg. 49). But you need 12 levels of paladin, so yeah.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-18, 07:02 PM
The spell Xorn Movement gives you Earth Glide for rounds/level, it's a 5th level Sorcerer/Wizard spell though.

You could take Extra Spell (Complete Arcane) to learn it but you would have to wait until you can cast 6th level spells. You could do that and then DMM persist it.

Greater Anyspell would also let you cast it, although that requires the spell domain and the ability to cast 6th level spells.

HunterOfJello
2012-04-18, 07:09 PM
Mineral Warrior +1 template gives a burrow speed of 1/2 the creature's normal speed. Burrow isn't Earth Glide, but it is close and works pretty much the same way iirc.

(Plus you get a bonus to AC, melee stat boosts, and a badass DR on top of it.)

Aemoh87
2012-04-18, 07:13 PM
Xorn Movement is nice, I can get it with anyspell (Cleric of Mystra).

Mineral Warrior is another template I may have to check out, it's questionable since I am already a feral Half-Minotaur...

Piggy Knowles
2012-04-18, 07:55 PM
Five levels of the Earth Dreamer PrC from Races of Stone? It fully progresses casting, so a cleric wouldn't lose anything. The other abilities are fun, too.

Also, it isn't Earth Glide, but if you take the feats Shape Soulmeld (Phase Cloak) and Open Lesser Chakra (Shoulders), you can turn ethereal when you move, allowing you to fake it. You can't remain underground that way, but it's otherwise pretty awesome.

Narsis
2012-04-18, 07:57 PM
Five levels of the Earth Dreamer PrC from Races of Stone? It fully progresses casting, so a cleric wouldn't lose anything. The other abilities are fun, too.

Also, it isn't Earth Glide, but if you take the feats Shape Soulmeld (Phase Cloak) and Open Lesser Chakra (Shoulders), you can turn ethereal when you move, allowing you to fake it. You can't remain underground that way, but it's otherwise pretty awesome.

Earth Dreamer PrC gets my vote as well.

Aemoh87
2012-04-18, 08:17 PM
Wow... Idk how I looked over earth dreamer but it's AMAZING fluff for this character. And really nice requirements. Overall this has been very helpful, now I just gotta get uncanny dodge and I will have fully mimic'ed the Greathorn Minotaur!

Piggy Knowles
2012-04-18, 08:24 PM
Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots) gives Uncanny Dodge, even without a chakra bind.

Talionis
2012-04-19, 10:51 AM
5 Levels of Spellthief. Use the steal spell-like ability to steal earthglide from an earth elemental. You can get an earth elemental either by the reserve feat the let's you cast an earth elemental or you could get a familiar that is an earth elemental.

Benly
2012-04-19, 11:32 AM
5 Levels of Spellthief. Use the steal spell-like ability to steal earthglide from an earth elemental. You can get an earth elemental either by the reserve feat the let's you cast an earth elemental or you could get a familiar that is an earth elemental.

Earth Glide isn't a spell-like ability. It's an extraordinary ability, hence the (Ex) next to its name.

Darrin
2012-04-19, 12:20 PM
Stone Flyer (FR Underdark) has it and gives it to it's mount. There's also a Figurine of Wondrous Power version, 1 hour per day.

Aemoh87
2012-04-19, 06:43 PM
Stone Flyer (FR Underdark) has it and gives it to it's mount. There's also a Figurine of Wondrous Power version, 1 hour per day.

Wow those are cool, plus they are located by one of my favorites, KoaTua Leviathan...