PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Servant of Pelor Meets Ilmater

Yuukale
2012-04-18, 09:19 PM
So guys, a friend of mine is playing a VoPov/VoPeace/VoPacifism Cleric1/Druid1 of Ilmater and fell in love with Radiant Servant of Pelor.

He wants it converted, but since neither him nor the DM knows enough of D&D mechanics to stat and balance it properly, and I myself wouldn't like to risk my hand at doing this alone, I come here in earnest seeking your help.

I know there's already a PrC of Ilmater, but he wants all the healing stuff RSoP gives and the full casting (or as close to 10/10 casting as possible).

So, any chance you could turn this Servant of Pelor into a Servant of Ilmater? thanks for the attention.

toapat
2012-04-18, 09:40 PM
This is probably where you want to be (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12044310&postcount=3), but changing Deity shouldnt be too hard

erikun
2012-04-18, 11:02 PM
Radiant Servant of Pelor into Ilmater wouldn't be too difficult. The sun domain would be the biggest problem, but just removing that requirement/benefit from the class entirely wouldn't hurt it any. You're still looking at full martial weapon proficiency, full spellcasting, healing benefits, and a free domain.

Granting Ilmater the sun domain wouldn't be that big of a problem either, if you prefer to do it that way.

There is also Sacred Fist, if they want a Monk/Cleric prestige class.

Yuukale
2012-04-18, 11:22 PM
What about the turn undead stuff? it should go away cuz definitely doesn't fit Ilmater's theme. What should then replace the undead stuff? Anything from the Martyr of Ilmater prc ?

toapat
2012-04-18, 11:39 PM
What about the turn undead stuff? it should go away cuz definitely doesn't fit Ilmater's theme. What should then replace the undead stuff? Anything from the Martyr of Ilmater prc ?

Turn Undead is the DnD equivalent of Cold Fusion, Clerics get it at lvl 1

besides ruining his casting capacity, Martyr is worse then a 3 splash of paladin

Change the requirements from Desciple of the Sun and Sun domain to Healing Domain, and if he wants radiant servant just make it so he can take it

and, to compare, while druids get a more fun spell list, clerics get to burn a resouce that is unusable without Radiant Servant to do things like Maximize Firestorm

hierophant
2012-04-18, 11:56 PM
Quick adaptation:

Compassionate Servant of Ilmater

Requires:
Heal 8, Know Religion 8
Access to Healing domain
Ilmater as patron deity
LG, NG or LN

d8 Hit Dice
1/2 BAB

Lose: Extra greater turning, turn undead improvements, positive energy burst
Gain:
1st level: Use Turn Undead attempt as a swift action to cast shield other
1st level: Class level stacks with cleric level for domain abilities
5th level: Bonus domain can be any granted by Ilmater
8th level: DR/evil equal to class level

Everything else stays the same. Not sold on my 8th level replacement. Kinda rough, but hope it helps.

Yuukale
2012-04-19, 01:27 PM
Turn Undead is the DnD equivalent of Cold Fusion, Clerics get it at lvl 1

besides ruining his casting capacity, Martyr is worse then a 3 splash of paladin

Change the requirements from Desciple of the Sun and Sun domain to Healing Domain, and if he wants radiant servant just make it so he can take it

and, to compare, while druids get a more fun spell list, clerics get to burn a resouce that is unusable without Radiant Servant to do things like Maximize Firestorm

I meant martyr's abilities instead of the turning undead stuff from RSoP.

Well, the player isn't familiar with DMM shenanigans, although I will teach him some.
He's still thinking if he's going for martyr or not, but really liked RSoP healing capacities.

I think Hierophant hit it bullseye. Does anyone have any input on hierophant's suggestion?