PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Is there a way to ready a full round action?

gomipile
2012-04-18, 09:56 PM
Is there any class feature, spell, or other way to ready a full round action?

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-18, 10:02 PM
Is there any class feature, spell, or other way to ready a full round action?

Greater Celerity, effectively. And the real benefit is that you don't actually have to say what you are reading against.

It's an immediate action full action spell from the PHB2.

gomipile
2012-04-18, 10:16 PM
Actually, for the synergies I'm looking to create, it specifically has to be a readied action.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-18, 10:32 PM
Hmm, none that I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. Sorry.

deuxhero
2012-04-18, 10:39 PM
You can reduce some full round actions to a standard action through various tricks, Boots of Charging from MIC (I think that was it) make charging a standard action (Pounce+Boots of Charging is one obvious abuse).

What is it you need to ready?

Boci
2012-04-18, 10:42 PM
What is the combo? There may be other ways. Actually, could a factotum use a readied action, then spend inspiration points on cunning surge to gain a bonus standard action, combining the two to make a full round?

gomipile
2012-04-18, 10:57 PM
The most important case I'd like to cover is a ranged full attack.

Boci
2012-04-18, 11:04 PM
The most important case I'd like to cover is a ranged full attack.

Many shot?

gomipile
2012-04-18, 11:33 PM
Since Manyshot is not a ranged full attack, it is outside the bounds of my question. I have, in fact, already considered it for the build I am contemplating, but the both the feat tax and the attack bonus penalty of Manyshot look to be too high.

Boci
2012-04-18, 11:39 PM
I repeat: what is the character, and what is the combo you are trying to achieve? We will be better able to help you with this knowledge.

gomipile
2012-04-18, 11:44 PM
I repeat: what is the character, and what is the combo you are trying to achieve? We will be better able to help you with this knowledge.

Specifically, I want to be able to apply Sneak Attack to a ranged full attack using the feat Deadeye Shot. The chassis would likely be Rogue / Swashbuckler with Daring Outlaw.

There are other things I''d like to be able to do, but if you'd like to back up your statement, then the character must be able to ready a ranged full attack.

mucco
2012-04-18, 11:49 PM
Ready a swift action to activate your Belt of Battle for three charges.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-18, 11:59 PM
Do you have to use Deadeye Shot or just get a ranged full attack sneak attack?

The second is significantly easier.

Quietus
2012-04-19, 12:17 AM
If you can deal with the attack bonus hit, try Greater Manyshot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#greaterManyshot). It's a standard action to use, as Manyshot, but allows individual attack rolls for each arrow, and explicitly allows sneak attack on each one. You could ready a Manyshot and get sneak attack on every hit this way.

Boci
2012-04-19, 12:17 AM
Specifically, I want to be able to apply Sneak Attack to a ranged full attack using the feat Deadeye Shot. The chassis would likely be Rogue / Swashbuckler with Daring Outlaw.

So deadeye is fixed?

There are other things I''d like to be able to do, but if you'd like to back up your statement, then the character must be able to ready a ranged full attack.

Factotum is out, but I think the the technique could still be valid. Find a way to get an extra move action. Extra move action from a marshal cohort/follower, that adrenaline boost injection that gives you a move equivilant action up to an hour later. Might wanna check on the RAW thread if this works however.