PDA

View Full Version : Marvel draft picks: Craig Hollis IS Mr. Irrelevant

chiasaur11
2012-04-18, 10:37 PM
As I sometimes do (often to my regret), I was browsing another forum I'm not a member of. As rarely happens, I found something neat.

Saw superhero draft picks going down. You know, getting a team together from the default Marvel and DC pools, and it looked like fun.

Worth a try around here anyway.

So, here's the ground rules. People sign up. Let's say... first ten get to draft, keep the pool from getting too crowded. RNG determines order, then it's a snaking system (First in one round goes last in the next, second second to last, and so on, with the last coming first).

When your round comes up, you pick a Marvel character for your team. If you want to shuffle them a little, or change some things about the nature of the universe to make them fit better with your merry gang, it's fair play. Want Flash Thompson to be the one bit by the spider?

Sure.

Think that Mjolnir'd be better going to Jen Walters? Hey, if it's your turn, it's your turn.

The important thing is to make sure your move only takes your choice off the board, if at all possible. No trying to roll a single into doubles, and intentionally wiping out another character just to keep them out of play isn't exactly sporting.

First round, it's 24 hours before the next guy can skip ahead. Every later one, 6 hours, unless there's objections.

7 picks and an antagonist.

Seems like a decent way to pass a few dull afternoons. Anyone wants in, it's first come first serve. Nobody wants in, no harm done.

(And if the mods think this should be moved to forum games, I'm more than fine with that. Just seemed here fit slightly better.)

EDIT:

TEAMS SO FAR
Raistlin1040:
Warpath
Jean Grey
Wiccan
Hank Pym

Devonix:
Nova (Rich Rider)
Bobby "Iceman" Drake
King T'Challa of Wakanda, the Black Panther
She Hulk
Aaron Stack

Mewthario:
Reed Richards
Steve Rogers
Peter Parker
Kitty Pryde
Thor

Bitter:
Mimic
Jamie Madrox, the multiple man!
Cable.
Dr. Stephen Strange
DOOM!

Man On Fire:
Special Agent Abigail Brand
Beta Ray Bill
Hank McCoy
Carol Danvers
Simon Williams
Jessica Drew

Hopeless:
Professor X
Mystique

Chiasaur11:

Mass Master
Taskmaster
Death's Head
Starshine
Mastermind Excello
M-11

Jallorn:
Iron Man
Nightcrawler
Storm
Psylocke
Forge
Copycat

DiscipleOfBob:
Cyclops
Rogue
Gambit
Hope
Colossus
Magneto

Devonix
2012-04-20, 06:39 AM
Hey I'm good for signing up. and if I get to pick first I take good ole

Nova prime, Richard Rider.

Hopeless
2012-04-20, 06:49 AM
Ooh an interesting idea!

Here goes;
Raven Darkholme is the headmistress of the New York Academy and with the help of her adopted brother Charles Xavier heads the New York Facility of Strike Force Valkyrie.
Originally a member of a team in the eighties taking over the headmistress role from her older brother who retired in the late nineties after his primary team was killed when the island they were investigating had an unexpected volcanic eruption.
The New York Facility has three teams, the Primary team currently consists of Bronze Maiden, Summer Knight, Diamond, Gaia and Captain Britain and function as the facilities main team when needed anywhere on the American Eastern seaboard.
The team:
Team Leader: Bronze Maiden (aka Sharon Walters (She Hulk))
Test pilot of a powered armour program formerly known as Iron Man, her mentor and former fiance is Tony Stark who is trying to rebuild his shattered relationship with his protégé after it came out he had been dating the Scarlet Widow prior to his “accident” that left him wheelchair bound.
Other members:
Summer Knight (aka Scott Summers)
Formerly known as Cyclops, Scott Summers survived the volcanic eruption that claimed the lives of the rest of Xavier’s primary team but as a result his power to absorb and convert sunlight was enhanced to such a point that he gained super strength, super speed and a measure of invulnerability but in return has to wear a full body suit to keep his power in check as even removing his facemask in daylight can cause an explosion that could level a few apartment blocks.
Officially he was declared dead and only Xavier and Darkholme know he’s still alive since his former fiancé has gotten engaged to James Logan who served as mentor to Xavier’s primary team and they serve as part of the Beta team.
Diamond (aka Emma Frost)
A former teacher like Scott Summers, Emma Frost’s ability to transform her body into solid diamond made her the Beta Team leader at the time Xavier’s Primary team set out for Krakatoa.
Unknown to Xavier, Emma possesses telepathic abilities but unlike Jane Grey’s who combines Telekinesis with her telepathy so she was able to counter almost any attack from a sentient source her ability was more empathy based so she could sense when her students needed help or more importantly when she was being lied to.
Whilst Jane Grey and her new fiancé became the new Beta team leaders she was transferred to the Primary team and learned it was at the behest of the mysterious new recruit Summer Knight who behaved as if he knew her well and whilst she has yet to realise who he is has come to realise both Darkholme and Xavier are treating the new hero as someone they know far too well…
Gaia (aka Ororo Munroe)
Formerly known as Storm she changed her hero identity following the Krakatoa incident that left her able to manipulate not just the weather but able to sense disturbances in the Earth’s geomagnetic field.
She was rescued by the Summer Knight and stayed in a coma for almost four months before awakening to discover she was the only known survivor of Xavier Primary team and her former headmaster had resigned and selected Raven Darkholme as his replacement.
Gradually recovering she has returned to the primary team and has started dating a fellow African who has returned to his homeland in hopes of persuading his family to agree to their engagement.
Meanwhile she is finding it strange as every time she meets her rescuer the Summer Knight she can’t help but feel she knows him but has no idea he’s her former team leader.
Captain Britain (aka Psylocke)
Her brother now too busy being Prime Minister of a restored United Kingdom to playing the hero she has assumed his mystically enhanced garb and become Britain’s ambassador to the United Nations of course the UN have no interest in a young girl acting as diplomat so she began looking for ways to improve her reputation and met Sharon Walters and the pair became friends even adventuring together before she was recruited as the leader of the Primary team and in return Sharon recruited her to join the team.
In addition to her mystically enhanced costume she was trained extensively in the martial and mystical arts as well as a number of medieval weapons that are actually mystical artefacts to back her up when necessary.
Unlike the others her mentor is actually Merlin who she is able to converse with via a mirror in her room and none of the others are aware she is a fully trained sorceress.

Sub plots:

1) Tony Stark is intent on restoring himself and is currently looking at turning himself into a cyborg unfortunately he is also still in lone with Sharon even though she has barely forgiven him for his affair and has no interest in restarting her relationship something Tony doesn't understand.

2) The Scarlet Widow (former the Black Widow) arranged Tony's accident when she realised he wasn't going to leave Sharon for her, she is now looking at attacking Sharon but is hesitant to harm her lover's ex-fiance unless it looks like she's going to marry the man she is stalking.

3) Summer Knight's true identity is a mystery and Jane Grey is obsessed with finding out why he was at Krakatoa, her fiance is getting jealous at the attention she is giving the rookie but has done nothing since Summer Knight has kept Jane at arm's length.

4) Emma is a double agent for the Hellfire Collective however she had also been in love with Scott Summers and as a result an enemy of Jane Grey. The Summer Knight is beginning to intrigue her as she is slowly beginning to figure who he actually is and this revelation might prove the turning point as her masters in the Collective are about to make their move to take over the Academny program and the facility she's based at.

5) Gaia is in love with the Black Panther but is unaware that the process has turned him into a panther hybrid and his family intend to make her think their relationship is over.
However Ororo Munroe isn't going to give up that easily... at all actually!

6) Captain Britain's presence in the US is causing quite the stir, its bad enough the Republicans are trying to use her to belittle President Obama but Merlin has warned her of another danger.
Her older brother intent on recovering his lost mantle that had previously been given to her brother Brian before he became Prime Minister and then passed the duties to her and to do that he has to force her to relinquish the mystical garb and equipment she holds in trust or to actually kill her so he can take them off her for himself.
Exactly what he'll do she doesn't know but Summer Knight and Diamond have noticed her distress and whilst Diamond is just curious Summer Knight isn't about to lose another team by playing it safe...

So any good?

Hopeless
2012-04-20, 10:22 AM
Okay a bit more detail is needed.

James Logan is now a lycanthrope who was captured and experimented upon by the man currently reviled as Mr Sinister.
Logan becomes obsessed with Sinister's wife Lady Jean Grey and upon release after Sinister's best friend Charles Xavier discovers his friend's obsession with genetic engineering and believing his friend has gone insane releases Sinister's guinea pigs who largely disappear into the populace of London although Xavier later believes Logan responsible for the Jack the Ripper killings these are the work of his friend who is desperately seeking a cure for his wife's illness which is actually due to Logan infecting her with lycanthropy and her own use of a belladonna potion that would have normally been harmless except being infected it reacts with her infection leading to her death.

Sinister seeks anonymity but has a hand in the Nazi regime's Aryan delusion and remains hidden whilst his pupils are hunted by Nazi Hunters and later Mossad for their crimes against humanity unaware of Sinister's existance.

The original Magneto escapes the concentration camps and begins his own personal crusade leading to the events of the X-Men First Class movie.

Charles Xavier meets Raven Darkholme and she becomes his adopted sister unaware their meeting was arranged by Mr Sinister who was responsible for Xavier's empowerment seeking to recreate his old friend and later his late wife through the unwitting help of Magneto.

Where this all changes is that Charles Xavier starts his mutant academy but realises the only way for mutants to be treated like everyone else is for him to open up his academy to anyone with special talents or capabilities especially otherwise normal people who show the potential for far more and this includes forwarding his attempt to for mutants to be accepted by the general public.

The first of many Academies is set up in New York and recruiting world wide he helps promote the building of academies in every developing or world power nation barring China, Korea and Burma.
Russia is initally resistant but capitulates when it realises they can always arrange for someone suitable to be in charge of the place as long as they recognise the Academy's right to freely train and allow them access to resources from other nations making them even more useful to their own country as well as facilitating a better means of diplomacy between the nations than the crumbling United Nations.

However Xavier builds on this by forming the first of many teams designed to promote their national pride as well as help ease tensions by building bridges between the nations' law enforcement and in many nations cases their political and military organisations.

Not that this eases tensions but when Tony Stark unveiled his Iron Man program and the US Army inadvertedly created the Hulk it was Xavier's Academy they went to for help.

One of the Academies chief rivals in the US is the formerly known Richards Foundation that was renamed the Future Foundation after the creation of its own super hero team known as the Fantastic Four.

There were squabbles between these rivals such as when the Foundation recruited Spiderman who turned out to be a high school student or their rivalry with a Latvian monarch which stemmed from a University rivalry that went badly wrong resulting in a three decade grudge between the respective parties until the son of the monarch agreed to a truce allowing him to study at the Foundation in return for aid to be supplied to his homeland.

In the eighties Xavier's team was led by his adopted sister who assumed the alias of Mystique after her affair with Magneto ended with the birth of her son Kurt.

She eventually replaced Xavier as head of the Academy after his primary team was all but slain in a volcanic eruption on the island of Krakatoa.
It took Xavier almost a decade to get over the loss even though by the time he returned to become mentor for his sister's own trio of teams it was to discover an old enemy had reappeared.

The Hellfire Collective formerly known as a club until the death of its leader during the X-Men:First Class movie had rebuilt itself with Sinister as its leader, the daughter of the original Emma Frost had joined Xavier's Academy as the heroine Diamond but was secretly a double agent planning for the day Sinister took control of Xavier's Academies and through them replaced the world leader's with clone doubles loyal to him.

However he has his own problems to deal with as rivals in his own organisation has more than once almost ruined his planned conquest forcing him to settle back and focus on purging his own organisation of its disloyal factions and work on seizing control of the Academies slowly but surely...

Hopeless
2012-04-20, 10:33 AM
Other subplots:
It was Sinister who caused the creation of the Hulk and when Bruce was forced to give Sharon a blood transfusion he unknowingly passed on his condition to her.

To recap: Powers

Charles Xavier: Has the telepathic ability to detect powered beings and believes this is restricted to mutants, he can also send and receive thoughts which allows him to decieve the minds of those lacking sufficient mental defences to alow him to implant suggestions in their minds other telepaths can resist this.

Mystique: Can assume the form of any humanoid however her natural form is considered demonic and many react badly to her natural state forcing her to retain a basic preferred form so she can walk around unmolested.

Magneto: Supposedly the master of magnetism actually a very powerful telekinetic whose early power manifestation led him to believe he is limited to manipulating metal when he can create force fields, fly and has even developed mental shields although the helmet he acquired has hidden the fact he has natural telepathic abilities resulting from amind link he shared with Xavier for a while whilst he was trying to help Magneto get over his obsession with his painful past.

Sinister: An immortal mad scientist whose particular specialty is genetic engineering and sees the world as his own personal laboratory.

More later.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-20, 10:40 AM
Sounds neat. Question, though: Are we going to have anything in place to keep things on the same power scale? I like Spider-Man, for instance, but if everyone else is picking Franklin Richards or, heck, the Living Tribunal, he starts to look a little irrelevant.

chiasaur11
2012-04-20, 12:11 PM
Sounds neat. Question, though: Are we going to have anything in place to keep things on the same power scale? I like Spider-Man, for instance, but if everyone else is picking Franklin Richards or, heck, the Living Tribunal, he starts to look a little irrelevant.

Figure hard and fast power scale limits would be overkill. I mean, the Avengers have THOR, GOD OF THUNDER and Hawkeye, trained carny.

Still, think it's only fair to try and stay within the Aunt May to Silver Surfer range. Good catch.

And Hopeless, noted, but if someone else snatches your team when the actual draft starts, you'll just have to adapt.

So, how many people we want to have before we get started?

Bitter
2012-04-20, 01:50 PM
Up for dis.

I have a super cunning plan. The cunningest.

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 02:36 PM
I'm in.

I pick Ares, God of War.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-20, 02:50 PM
Consider me in as well. As for the number of players, I think your initial suggestion of 10 sounds like a decent size.

Bitter
2012-04-20, 03:25 PM
People aren't reading the ruuuuuuules. RNG picks the order we do our picks in and we do picks one at a time.

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 04:00 PM
People aren't reading the ruuuuuuules. RNG picks the order we do our picks in and we do picks one at a time.

The guy who picked entire team got me confused.

chiasaur11
2012-04-20, 09:03 PM
The guy who picked entire team got me confused.

Well, he was confused first, so fair game all around.

Four more people show, we're ready to start. Ran the RNG for order already, and apparently I'd draw first if there's no objections. If there are, I can go last just as easy.

(Right now, my plans rely a bit more on obscurity than speed.)

Objections to me in overall, we need five.

chiasaur11
2012-04-23, 12:42 AM
Been 48 hours with no further response.

Unless there's an objection, we're going with what we got.

Devonix, you're at bat. Figure you still want Nova?

Then Mewthario, then Bitter, then Hopeless, then Man on Fire, then me.

Devonix
2012-04-23, 06:00 AM
Yep still want Nova as my first pick

High power rating, good standing in the galactic community, leadership experiece He's one of my go to guys.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-23, 10:40 AM
I'll take Reed Richards. Hopefully I'll be able to nab a decent moral compass for the team in later rounds...

Bitter
2012-04-23, 12:48 PM
Mimic from the Exiles. Copying powers of Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Northstar and Beast to start as he had those for most of the run.

Devonix
2012-04-23, 07:13 PM
if Man on fire is still in I'll wait if not I put in my vote for Captain America as team leader and moral compass.

chiasaur11
2012-04-23, 07:37 PM
if Man on fire is still in I'll wait if not I put in my vote for Captain America as team leader and moral compass.

Noted. But the initial plan was reverse after the first wave, and I was planning to drop in as well.

So, you got everyone at least once before you can grab Rogers.

And there's a lot of good ways to use Steve. Both as a whole and as constituent parts. Wouldn't bet money on surviving the next round, even if Man on Fire doesn't pick him.

Man on Fire
2012-04-23, 08:00 PM
I'm waiting for Hopeless to pick up.

Devonix
2012-04-23, 10:22 PM
So I pick last next round? is that what I'm to understand?

chiasaur11
2012-04-23, 10:58 PM
So I pick last next round? is that what I'm to understand?

That's about the size of it. But you'll get two picks in a row then.

Man on Fire
2012-04-24, 07:28 PM
Okay, I pick up Abigail Brand.

chiasaur11
2012-04-24, 11:41 PM
Well, that's two of my picks gone already.

Good. Forces me to think more.

And maybe explain more. Sorry if I go on a bit long, but I figured if I'm doing the whole messing with background thing, better if I lay down the details and make sure any damage I do is clear, rather than leave everything a mess.

Descriptions in spoiler block. Choices in bold below.

Jonathan Power was sure from a young age he was destined for heroics. It could be attributed to youthful enthusiasm. Early exposure to the adventures of Conan the Barbarian. Those awful mutants.

Admittedly, the largest factor was probably receiving superhuman abilities from a dying at the tender age of eight. He and his siblings spent years fighting in alien wars, saving New York from various threats, and creating elaborate networks of lies to prevent their parents from finding out about everything else.

Eventually, life interfered. The others shifted their focus to academics, relationships, and similar not-punching-criminals based activities.

Jack... did not.

He had a gift. He knew what he wanted to do. And for a while, that was more than enough.

Then, a few weeks after receiving an invitation to one of the top superteams working, he did something incredibly stupid.

In intention, it was no worse than any other teenage prank. But a gift for forgery and superpowers can make anything worse. Drunk driving is bad. Somehow crashing a quinjet into a flying car is much worse. It was a miracle no-one was hurt.

It was not the kind of thing the court system could ignore.

After family lectures and sobbing, everything seemed to be going in a very bad direction.

Then a man in a suit came in. He asked for confirmation on stories he should have had no way of knowing about, nodded, and made an offer.

The record cleared, in exchange for work in the service of humanity.

The results were mixed.

On one hand, Power had a high mission completion rate, ties with a number of galactic powers, and unique abilities that allowed him to handle situations no-one else could.

On the other, he's a bit of an insufferable loudmouth, with a history of authority problems and a torpedoed reputation on Earth. It hurts career advancement.

Jack Power, (probationary) Agent of SWORD!

He was the best they had.

An expert in all small arms and forms of hand to hand combat.

A spy without better, a soldier without peer.

It was why he was given his own unit. One only he could be trusted to keep in line.

Unfortunately, the difference between "Only man we can trust" and "Punishment detail" is minimal.

On the upside, at least Anthony Masters won't be bored at work.

Anthony Masters, the man who could be Taskmaster. Mission control.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-24, 11:47 PM
I'm a bit confused about how the rotation is working. Did you just go twice, so now Devonix gets to go?

chiasaur11
2012-04-25, 12:21 AM
I'm a bit confused about how the rotation is working. Did you just go twice, so now Devonix gets to go?

No. Reverse order. Man on fire would go again next. Then Hopeless if he shows. Then Bitter, then you, then Devonix, then Devonix again, then you, etc.

Bitter
2012-04-25, 01:25 AM
I say that we just use picks from Hopeless's big post while they're still available rather than waiting for him to post.

He seemed to want:

Raven Darkholme
Charles Xavier
Bronze Maiden (aka Sharon Walters (She Hulk)
Summer Knight (aka Scott Summers)
Diamond (aka Emma Frost)
Gaia (aka Ororo Munroe)
Captain Britain (aka Psylocke)

Man on Fire
2012-04-25, 05:40 AM
Me again? Okay, I pick up Beta Ray Bill.

Bitter
2012-04-25, 12:22 PM
Madrox, the Multiple Man

Mewtarthio
2012-04-25, 12:48 PM

Sorry, Dev, but...

So, you got everyone at least once before you can grab Rogers. [...] Wouldn't bet money on surviving the next round, even if Man on Fire doesn't pick him.

I really have to go with Steve Rogers. I just can't let him get away; you have to understand. I could tell you who I'm planning on taking next, if you want revenge...

Raistlin1040
2012-04-25, 11:11 PM
Yo dawgs, seems you've started but are not full on people yet. Can I get in on this?

chiasaur11
2012-04-25, 11:25 PM
Yo dawgs, seems you've started but are not full on people yet. Can I get in on this?

Definitely. Want bottom of the list, or second from?

Anything else, you'd have to work it out with someone else.

Raistlin1040
2012-04-25, 11:53 PM
I'll go last. Should I make three picks when it's my turn (two for round 1 and 2 and then one for being at the top of round 3)?

chiasaur11
2012-04-26, 12:23 AM
I'll go last. Should I make three picks when it's my turn (two for round 1 and 2 and then one for being at the top of round 3)?

That would work.

Bitter
2012-04-26, 07:07 AM
Devonix, you're up!

Devonix
2012-04-26, 07:17 AM
No problem Mew it's Steve after all.

Black Panther and Iceman are my next two choices

and no I'm not picking T'challa as a second rate Captain America, it's his mind I'm more interested in.

And Iceman because the group needs some funny, and I like his newly developing abilities.

Bitter
2012-04-26, 07:34 AM
Well Raistlin1040 has been added after you in Round 2, so he should get the chance to pick 3 guys (Round 1 which he missed, the last pick of round 2 and the first pick of round 3) before you get to choose Iceman, so he has the chance to steal him off you.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-26, 06:25 PM
Hey, chiasaur, any chance you could update the OP with the teams so far?

Raistlin1040
2012-04-26, 06:34 PM
Well Jean Grey is my first pick for sure. Handful of useful powers that have synergy, good attacking and defending potential, all around lots of utility. Plus transforming into Phoenix puts her into crazy god-tier. Nothing else to say. Definitely Jean Grey.

Next, I think I'm going to grab Warpath. He's got all the strength of Hulk (Okay, maybe not quite as much, but he has fought Juggernaut to a standstill) with more agility and flight. Ultimately, probably the team's best tank (at least so far), given that he shrugs off point blank bullets and mid-tier psychic attacks with no problem and has enhanced healing. Crazy senses, flight, and a strength level in the 25-50 ton category give him a lot of manueverability and power and he can do some real physical damage as well as soak it up.

And for my third pick, Wiccan. He's one of the most powerful mages on the planet and he's got a lot of utility. His lightning and force blasts are good offensive spells, and he can do force fields, teleportation, and illusions. Maybe not quite as powerful as Brother Voodoo (almost picked him), but has less specialized abilities and has time to grow. I figure he's somewhere around 18-22, so age him up to 30 and expect him to be the best magic user this side of Doctor Strange.

chiasaur11
2012-04-26, 07:47 PM
Hey, chiasaur, any chance you could update the OP with the teams so far?

Was planning on it later tonight.

Might add some commentary but the basic set ups are there.

Some interesting choices, wondering where some are going.

Man, I'm wishing I'd grabbed Bill sooner.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-26, 09:04 PM
Right, so assuming Dev sticks with Iceman, I'm adding Peter Parker to my team.

Devonix
2012-04-26, 09:43 PM
Yep I'm keeping Panther and Iceman. Let's hope no one else takes Firestar or else we'll have some trouble.

Man on Fire
2012-04-26, 09:45 PM
Whose turn it is now?

Jallorn
2012-04-26, 09:51 PM
Still got space? Can I jump in?

chiasaur11
2012-04-26, 10:25 PM
Still got space? Can I jump in?

Sure.

You can take the last spot, if you don't mind. Or the spot before me. Which would you prefer?

And Mewthario's turn is done, so it's Bitter.

Raistlin1040
2012-04-26, 10:40 PM
I'd be pretty interested in seeing your "commentary", chiasaur.

Also damn, I was going to grab Spiderman. Should have figured he'd get snatched up though.

Bitter
2012-04-27, 01:46 AM
Nathan Summers Dayspring Askani'son Cable Soldier X AKA Cable. This is the first time I'll alter a character by having him with his current history up to the latest comics but with his fully unlocked powers and healing factor that he had in Soldier X and Cable & Deadpool.

chiasaur11
2012-04-27, 02:07 AM
Ah, what the heck. I have some time. Might as well comment on selections for a few. Behind the spoiler for those who care.

In a dark room on an orbital platform far above the Earth, two men sit illuminated by a screen.

For a second, it has a strange majesty.

Then the hypothetical viewer would recognize powerpoint.

The first man is closer to the screen, in a blue SWORD uniform with a black outlined cloud on each shoulder. He is incredibly bored.

The second man has a cheap projector remote in his hand. He is merely irritated.

"Agent Power. I don't much like you. You don't much like me. But we're stuck with each other. That means you and me? We're doing the briefing."

Jack yawned.

The projector clicked. A woman in green.

"You already know our boss. Abigail Brand. She ain't too fond of us."

"Right. I know what I did. And I know what I said you did."

A click. A monster with a face like a horse's skull in a cape and a winged helmet.

"Which may be why she's getting another team together to replace us for the important work. Recognize this ugly mug?"

"Beta Ray Bill. Nice guy. Had thanksgiving dinner with him once."

"This another of those stories about stopping an alien invasion before you were allowed to drive? Because they got old weeks ago."

"No. Just was saying that he's a good guy and has some impressive stories. Nice to have him covering for the ones I can't."

"Of course. The greatest warrior in the whole damn burning galaxy's been hired to be your cleanup crew. Well, that covers her task force."

Another click. A man in a bullet helmet with a star in the center.

"Nova. Claims to be working for some interplanetary cops. Don't like him messing with our turf. He's being sponsored by T'challa. Big brained Wakanda bigshot. Got an Omega class mutant, too. Don't know what his game is."

"Okay. Got it. Lots of amateurs starting something scary."

"Amateurs?"

"I've been doing this since I was eight. Everybody else's an amateur, Tony."

"Surprised you ain't better at it, then."

"Can't improve on perfection. Which is why you're training all the time, and I'm not."

Another click. A scientist with grey streaks in his hair.

"Richards, you've heard of. Guy's got his hands on a lot of doctorates. Big brain. Recently, he hired Peter Parker. We've found the tests, and he's a brain too."

"Right. So, they're working on nerd things. I respect that. My dad is a nerd. My brother is a nerd. Nerds have done some real good for society. Not our problem until they start signaling aliens. Even then, it's Brand's problem."

Another click

Captain America.

"They're also trying to work with him. The living legend of WWII. Now, the way I see it, that ain't nerd work."

"Okay. What is it? Wait. You don't know."

"I ain't telling you. Snot nosed punk. There's a difference."

A click. A bald man in a wheelchair.

"Xavier's doing another class."

"My guess? 80% mortality. I was safer fighting an interplanetary war. Next!"

Click. Five identical men in trenchcoats. And another figure with massive arms and legs, glowing eyes, and wings.

"Jamie Madrox. The multiple man. And someone calling himself Mimic. Incredibly adaptable. Talk goin' round says they're going to offer their skills to the bidder, but it's a guess. So far we've found more than a couple Madroxes out there, places they shouldn't being, knowin' things they shouldn't."

"Again? Not our problem. "

Masters rolled his eyes for a second. Good agents are hard to find. No sense killing one if you don't have to.

"Is if some bug eyed freak grabbed one of them a while back. Or worse, a Wraith. AND they grabbed"

A click.

A heavily muscled man with a metal arm and several improbable guns.

"This guy. Cable. Known terrorist. From the future, infected with a nasty, highly virulent alien bioweapon. Figure that's worth paying attention to?"

Field agent Power merely sat silent.

Masters assumed that was as close to respect as he'd get, and continued.

Click. A redheaded woman, a large man in a grey and black uniform, and a small man in asgardian clothing.

"Finally, girl who used to be Phoenix is gathering some of the most powerful people on Earth. Not the obvious ones. Sideliners. She's maybe trying to keep quiet. But if things get out of control there, the Skrulls, Kree, everybody'll be breathing down our necks. Maybe blow up the planet."

"Which would be bad. Got it. Don't let the alien god entity make other aliens blow up the planet. Or just blow up the planet herself. Are we done?"

Agent Masters sighed.

"Yes. We're done. Pass the briefings along to the rest of the team. "

It wasn't exactly pleasant to work with Jack Power. The man was a professional pain in the ass. But he had a few virtues.

Mainly, he was a buffer between command and the rest of the team. They would have been much worse.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-27, 08:08 AM
I'd like to try this out as well, see if I can keep up with the rotation as well.

Put me wherever on the rotation you like, just let me know when it's my pick, please?

Jallorn
2012-04-27, 08:18 AM
Sure.

You can take the last spot, if you don't mind. Or the spot before me. Which would you prefer?

And Mewthario's turn is done, so it's Bitter.

I'll grab the bottom, seems fair.

Man on Fire
2012-04-27, 08:24 AM
My turn, right?

Hank McCoy a.k.a. Beast.

chiasaur11
2012-04-27, 11:15 AM
My turn, right?

Hank McCoy a.k.a. Beast.

You know how I said there were patterns?

Yours may be the most obvious one.

Which makes my choice easier.

Request for services: Bounty Freelance Peacekeeping Agent

Dear sir:

It has come to my attention that your services have become available recently for short term employment, with the possibility
of a longer term contract should conditions be acceptable. S.W.O.R.D. has not always been in the habit of engaging the services
of freelance employees. However, your exceptional record has forced us to reconsider, given the current galactic situation

Your payment, if you accept this contract, will be paid in Zn'rx local currency, as long as that is acceptable. Other methods are
available, but will be somewhat reduced in value and/or reliability.

Your estimated annual earnings (based on cross dimensional analysis) will be given on acceptance, with another payment of the same
size given every six months for the duration of your contract.

We will require a standard noncompete clause. (Past reports have suggested certain interesting ethical issues in your line of work. Issues we wish to avoid.)

If you choose to work with us, your duties will include:

1) Security on an Earth orbit station. You will be expected to disable or distroy any non-authorized visitors.

2) Occasional field assignments in Skrull, Kree, Zn'rx, and Wraith space with the intent of protecting human interests and galactic peace, while
exterminating destabilizing elements.

3) Advisery work. (You are the only available contact with experience in direct mental combat with an XK "Godkiller" entity)

Please respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely, REDACTED

RE: SWORD

Cash up front, yes?

Death's Head

Details to be edited in.

Jallorn, you're up.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-27, 11:24 AM
I'll assume I'm taking the spot after Jallorn then if there are no objections.

Since I'm coming in late and at the end of the list do I pick three or four characters (or does my tardiness screw me over to two characters?)

chiasaur11
2012-04-27, 11:28 AM
I'll assume I'm taking the spot after Jallorn then if there are no objections.

Since I'm coming in late and at the end of the list do I pick three or four characters (or does my tardiness screw me over to two characters?)

Four picks. Jallorn gets 3, then another one after you. Then me, then the order's as it was before you showed for a bit.

Jallorn
2012-04-27, 02:35 PM
My team was forged in the fires of Ragnarok (that is, they participated and changed the outcome and came together as a team in it, hope that's okay)

Tony Stark, aka Iron Man

Ororo Monroe, aka Storm, Goddess of Thunder - As the god Thor succumbed to Jormunder's poison, he passed his hammer, his powers, and his position on to Storm.

Kurt Wagner, aka Nightcrawler

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-27, 02:43 PM
Erg... Storm was going to be one of my picks... :smalltongue:

Well, there goes my choice for Famine...

I'll have better notes later, but for now just to get these down so that Jallorn can steal my next idea pick her next one...

Scott Summers AKA Cyclops (Only real change is that as a secondary mutation Scott develops an immunity to telepathy.)

Rogue

Remy LeBeau AKA Gambit

Hope Summers

Extended Notes (taking a few liberties with canon):
When Jean Grey came back from the dead (again), it was only a matter of time before the truth regarding her influence over Scott and Emma's relationship came to light. What might have been a love triangle and a difficult choice for Summers ended badly. He couldn't trust the former love of his life. He couldn't trust his own feelings for Emma either. How could he even trust that part of his mind wasn't shaped by Xavier to be the perfect team leader? Not only was the mental block on the control over his powers completely restored, but as a secondary mutation he developed a literal mental block. Suddenly he was immune to telepathy and all sorts of mental attacks. He couldn't even be mentally contacted by Jean or Emma if he wanted to. It would remain to be seen if Scott would continue to lead Utopia or if someone like Emma or Magneto would take the political reins, but either way Scott Summers needed to form a new X-Men team, one devoid of Emma or Jean. In fact, none of his old teammates were available. Hank was working with SWORD on extra-terrestrial matters, and Bobby was who knows where.

From the formation of the new team, Rogue was Scott's right hand woman, someone he had no romantic feelings for, which was what he needed right now: a true friend, not a lover. True, Rogue was asked by Jean and Emma to keep an eye on Scott due to their inability to check in on his mental state, but at least Scott knew her intentions from the get-go. And with her new control over her powers, Rogue could regularly absorb Scott's own mental block for herself, giving Scott a confidant he could be sure sure wasn't being influenced by outside telepathic forces. Her even temper and years of experience made her an easy choice for second-in-command.

Of course where Rogue went, Gambit was sure to follow. The Cajun kept things from getting too tense, and he was useful both on purely offensive missions and those that required a more delicate touch. As long as Rogue agreed with Summers, the Cajun did whatever needed to be done with a smile on his face. Unbeknownst to his compatriots and even Gambit himself, however, a darker persona lay dormant in his subconscious, remnants of when he was the horseman Death waiting for the right moment to surface with an unknown agenda in mind.

Then there was Hope. Scott wasn't a religious man, and didn't know if Hope was some sort of Messiah or not. Between Sinister and Apocalypse and the Phoenix force and the numerous things to have just gone to crap in his life, Scott didn't have much faith in religion. Sure there was the fact that she was the first mutant born since M-Day, an event which supposedly made new mutants an impossibility. Sure she had the ability to jump start or repress mutant powers which would make the survival of the mutant race possible, but none of that was important to Scott. She was a mutant. Some wanted her in captivity. Some wanted her dead. To Scott, she was someone to be protected, just like in the old days, even if in many cases she was fully capable of protecting herself.

Raistlin1040
2012-04-27, 02:49 PM
Well I was planning on grabbing Gambit so we're all squared up around here.

Bitter
2012-04-27, 03:10 PM
Bah, I was gonna grab Hope next. I could probably have grabbed Madrox later and got Hope earlier, but I really couldn't afford to lose him.

Jallorn
2012-04-27, 04:43 PM
Elizabeth Bradock, aka Psylocke

Devonix
2012-04-27, 08:37 PM
who's next btw

Bitter
2012-04-27, 08:38 PM
Chiasaur11

Order and fairly updated current picks are in the OP.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-27, 08:43 PM
Typo in the OP. I had Cyclops, not Psylocke.

chiasaur11
2012-04-27, 09:08 PM
Well, that's some secondary plans off the board.

At least I grabbed my replacement heavyweight. Guy who can tangle with the Hulk, Unicron, and the Doctor and make it to the other end?

That's a guy who earns his fees, yes?

As for my choice now?

Brandy Clark lost everything to the Dire Wraiths.

Her hometown. Her family and friends.

Even her humanity, grafted into an alien suit of armor as part of a plot against the Spaceknights.

This was probably a mistake.

She killed her guards. She killed the Wraiths that devoured her hometown. And she kept going. On a thousand worlds, she slaughtered Wraiths.

Unfortunately, completely annihilating the shape shifter posing as, say, the beloved son of a Badoon diplomat, or a Kree royal speaking for a popular new war with the Skrulls looks an awful lot like just murdering people. Before long, she was one of the galaxy's most wanted criminals.

SWORD had just enough information to guess at the truth, or little enough ethics not to care, depending on the account. They offered asylum.

And now she's Anthony Master's problem.

On the upside, Brandy "Starshine" Clark is a high powered combat cyborg capable of interstellar flight, with strength and durability competitive with Earth's greatest heroes. Top it all off with integrated laser weapon systems, and you have a dangerous combatant.

On the less positive side of things, she's a wanted criminal in half the galaxy, she's still suffering from massive mental trauma, and suffers from Dire Wraith based paranoia.

Considering what the current SWORD projections say is coming, it's more than a fair trade.

Brandy "Starshine" Clark, SPACEKNIGHT!

Man on Fire
2012-04-27, 09:19 PM
So now Rastilin and then me, right?

chiasaur11
2012-04-27, 09:29 PM
So now Rastilin and then me, right?

Now's your turn, as it happens.

Rastlin's moved to after Devonix.

TheLaughingMan
2012-04-28, 01:03 AM
I'm surprised none of you have picked Deadpool yet. The man's a functional meatshield, is a certified weapon of psychological warfare, and has katanas! Who cares if you can blow up planets with your mind when you've got large sharp stabby things?

chiasaur11
2012-04-28, 01:48 AM
I'm surprised none of you have picked Deadpool yet. The man's a functional meatshield, is a certified weapon of psychological warfare, and has katanas! Who cares if you can blow up planets with your mind when you've got large sharp stabby things?

Sorry.

I filled my wisecracking gun-for-hire who can heal from almost any wound and uses melee weapons niche already.

Can't have too many on a team. Throws off the dynamic.

And let's be honest. If you're looking for a guy to be in it strictly for the money, Death's Head is better at it than Deadpool. Basic fact of life.

Man on Fire
2012-04-28, 05:08 AM
Carol Darvens a.k.a. Captain Marvel

Devonix
2012-04-28, 06:12 AM
Dagnabit. ok hopefully none of you guys snags my pick If you really wanted them sure. but PLEASE don't take em just to rob my team of cohesion. Pwease.

Bitter
2012-04-28, 06:25 AM
Nope, my turn then Mewthario's turn and then your turn. Also if we are keeping Hopeless in with the picks he made all at once, he picked She-Hulk.

Opinion from you guys: Would Classic Dr Strange while he was still Sorceror Supreme count as too powerful?

Devonix
2012-04-28, 06:39 AM
And nope I don't think Strange's too powerful. He's got rules he has to follow that limits his opness

Also Hopeless hasn't posted in over a week and his choices went back up for grabs.

Bitter
2012-04-28, 07:09 AM
And nope I don't think Strange's too powerful. He's got rules he has to follow that limits his opness

Well that's the thing, he doesn't really. No writer has ever really laid down what he can and can't do. He's obviously got a load of core spells he uses all the time like the Crimson bands of Cytorrak and the Shield of the Seraphim, but time travel? Sure, he's time travelled in multiple different ways. Blowing up planets and moons? Yep. Making a sentinent sun go supernova and then shielding himself from the blast. Ahuh. Beating Moondragon, a powerful psychic while she had the Mind Gem in a psychic contest? Done it. Instantly nullify other's powers. Of course.

He is the exact opposite of having rules to follow, because he is basically Dr "Pull powers out of my butt as needed" and over the decades there are plenty of examples of crazy stuff he's pulled out of his butt.

It's just when he's not jobbing, Silver Surfer (The benchmark for this) is incredibly powerful as well. As in can search for someone over the entire world in a second or two. Ride through the heart of a start without even noticing. Expand the orbits of peoples electrons until they just fade of of reality. Create singularities inside of people.

I bring this up because I want to be upfront about it rather than surprise everyone. Also if Dr strange is unacceptable, Silver Surfer is my next pick :p

Devonix
2012-04-28, 07:22 AM
Well that's the thing, he doesn't really. No writer has ever really laid down what he can and can't do. He's obviously got a load of core spells he uses all the time like the Crimson bands of Cytorrak and the Shield of the Seraphim, but time travel? Sure, he's time travelled in multiple different ways. Blowing up planets and moons? Yep. Making a sentinent sun go supernova and then shielding himself from the blast. Ahuh. Beating Moondragon, a powerful psychic while she had the Mind Gem in a psychic contest? Done it. Instantly nullify other's powers. Of course.

He is the exact opposite of having rules to follow, because he is basically Dr "Pull powers out of my butt as needed" and over the decades there are plenty of examples of crazy stuff he's pulled out of his butt.

It's just when he's not jobbing, Silver Surfer (The benchmark for this) is incredibly powerful as well. As in can search for someone over the entire world in a second or two. Ride through the heart of a start without even noticing. Expand the orbits of peoples electrons until they just fade of of reality. Create singularities inside of people.

I bring this up because I want to be upfront about it rather than surprise everyone. Also if Dr strange is unacceptable, Silver Surfer is my next pick :p

Darnit you cannot just go and recreate te Defenders with extra members

Bitter
2012-04-28, 07:59 AM
Well I was going to go with a mutant themed team, but because someone stole Hope my plan doesn't really work so I'm readjusting. The current role being filled is that of Dues ex Machina guy who can do practically anything, hence Strange or Surfer.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 08:10 AM
Well I was going to go with a mutant themed team, but because someone stole Hope my plan doesn't really work so I'm readjusting. The current role being filled is that of Dues ex Machina guy who can do practically anything, hence Strange or Surfer.

and I'm just betting for you next "Mutant" you'll pick Namor

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-28, 08:11 AM

Thought about it, decided that my team was too serious for someone like him.

Besides, if Cyclops or Gambit had been taken before my turn, I would've changed themes entirely to an all-babe squad for the lolz (probably picked something like Rogue, Emma Frost, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk).

If I had gone the crazy Deadpool route, I'd probably do something like Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, and Rocket Raccoon. I don't mind suggesting those because unless something drastic happens I don't plan to choose any of those.

Dagnabit. ok hopefully none of you guys snags my pick If you really wanted them sure. but PLEASE don't take em just to rob my team of cohesion. Pwease.

Good news for you is I already have my next two picks chosen, provided they aren't snagged first (no, I'm not saying who they are).

Bitter
2012-04-28, 08:14 AM
and I'm just betting for you next "Mutant" you'll pick Namor

NO MORE MUTANTS!

*Rearranges reality*

Yeah, those are all the mutants I'm getting. I'm not sure exactly how the teams are compared to each other once we've finished picks, but if it's a hypothetical fight then putting any more mutants on my team would hinder me against whoever chose Hope.

Although Namor WOULD be a good choice, because his crazy strength and the like are just down to him being a human/atlantean hybrid and his only actual mutation is his flight.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-28, 08:15 AM
NO MORE MUTANTS!

*Rearranges reality*

Hope: "lolno."

Raistlin1040
2012-04-28, 09:05 AM
Whose turn is it?

Devonix
2012-04-28, 09:08 AM
Thought about it, decided that my team was too serious for someone like him.

Besides, if Cyclops or Gambit had been taken before my turn, I would've changed themes entirely to an all-babe squad for the lolz (probably picked something like Rogue, Emma Frost, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk).

If I had gone the crazy Deadpool route, I'd probably do something like Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, and Rocket Raccoon. I don't mind suggesting those because unless something drastic happens I don't plan to choose any of those.

Good news for you is I already have my next two picks chosen, provided they aren't snagged first (no, I'm not saying who they are).

Squirrel Girl really has little place on a realistic team as she makes everyone else redundant unless you use her like she is in New Avengers and not an official team member

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-28, 09:43 AM
Whose turn is it?

chiasaur took Spaceknight, Man on Fire took Carol Danvers (I think) as Captain Marvel, and Bitter took Strange.

So it'd be Mewtarthio, then Devonix, then Raistlin twice then we go back down the list.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-28, 10:39 AM
So Bitter is taking Strange this round? Just want to confirm that before I go.

My two cents is: Strange might or might not be more powerful than the Silver Surfer, but they're both at the tier where quibbling over details is insignificant. I read the Silver Surfer limit as basically allowing anyone who is not essentially omnipotent (Silver Surfer and Strange at least pretend to have limits). That is, no fair picking the Watcher or Thanatos with the Infinity Gauntlet, but everything else is fair game.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 10:55 AM
You know what cancel that post, I just realized it sounded condecending. Since no one's done it, and would be silly to worry about it. But I am wondering if this is a vs.

chiasaur11
2012-04-28, 03:49 PM
You know what cancel that post, I just realized it sounded condecending. Since no one's done it, and would be silly to worry about it. But I am wondering if this is a vs.

Nah.

If it was, I'd have put a lower cap. And grabbed Doctor Doom right off.

Having it be a vs just leads to a rush to guys like the Sentry and ignoring guys like Hawkeye and Deadpool. Can't see the point.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-28, 05:43 PM
I'm not even worrying about versus potential when it comes to my team.

Plus even if there was a version of Dr. Strange that was "too powerful," there are plenty of other versions that are more reasonable.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-28, 06:19 PM

Is that legal? I thought it was seven picks, then one antagonist.

Oh, and assuming Doctor Strange is legal, I'm going with Kitty Pryde as my next pick.

chiasaur11
2012-04-28, 06:40 PM
Is that legal? I thought it was seven picks, then one antagonist.

Oh, and assuming Doctor Strange is legal, I'm going with Kitty Pryde as my next pick.

Hey, Doom's been on the side of the angels more than once. Recently, even.

Yeah, he'd be a ticking time bomb, but every team could use one now and again.

Bitter
2012-04-28, 08:30 PM
Nah.

Having it be a vs just leads to a rush to guys like the Sentry and ignoring guys like Hawkeye and Deadpool. Can't see the point.

So what exactly I the endpoint if it isn't a vs between the teams? We pick our teams and then...

I had assumed it was a vs so if it isn't then that is kind of important as to which characters I pick.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 08:59 PM
Ok, back to my pick of She Hulk. am taking her in her full Magistrati abilities, authority, and resources as not just an earth laywer, but a representative of intergalactic law.

Also as my fourth wall breaking powerhouse.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 09:01 PM
So what exactly I the endpoint if it isn't a vs between the teams? We pick our teams and then...

I had assumed it was a vs so if it isn't then that is kind of important as to which characters I pick.

assumed it was more making your own dream team that is together for whatever purpose you wanted.

It isn't a vs match because you are also picking the villan your team is supposed to battle.

Raistlin1040
2012-04-28, 10:13 PM
So I'm up, right Chiasaur?

Man on Fire
2012-04-28, 10:54 PM
Just checking out, now's Bitter's turn, right?

Devonix
2012-04-28, 10:55 PM
Hey, Doom's been on the side of the angels more than once. Recently, even.

Yeah, he'd be a ticking time bomb, but every team could use one now and again.

Heck Magneto's got a bigger body count and he's allowed on the X-men.

Man on Fire
2012-04-28, 11:04 PM
Heck Magneto's got a bigger body count and he's allowed on the X-men.

You reminded me about this dialogue from one of recent X-Men comics:

Wolverine: Never thought I would see you guys throw in with a guy like Doom.
The Thing: Oh yeah? Was that Magneto I saw sitting at the conference table?
Wolverine: Okay, well, if you want to get technical...

Devonix
2012-04-28, 11:08 PM
Yeah I think Mags has been on the X men about 3 times, this will last a while and then he's a villan again. So Doom's ok being on a team as long as you accept that he's gonna betray them eventually.

chiasaur11
2012-04-28, 11:22 PM
So I'm up, right Chiasaur?

Yup. Then Devonix again, then Bitter and so on.

Man on Fire
2012-04-28, 11:23 PM
Yeah I think Mags has been on the X men about 3 times, this will last a while and then he's a villan again. So Doom's ok being on a team as long as you accept that he's gonna betray them eventually.

Magneto generally comes back to being a villan whenever X-Men have anniverssay or milestone issue so he can fight them. Like in X-Men #500 where they undo about everything Mike Carey was doing with him for few years just so he can have pretty lame battle.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 11:26 PM
Magneto generally comes back to being a villan whenever X-Men have anniverssay or milestone issue so he can fight them. Like in X-Men #500 where they undo about everything Mike Carey was doing with him for few years just so he can have pretty lame battle.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep having him MURDER people whenever he leaves the team.

I'd be fine with him just having differences of opinion and values.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 11:30 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep having him MURDER people whenever he leaves the team.

Devonix
2012-04-28, 11:47 PM

Devonix
2012-04-29, 05:04 AM

Man on Fire
2012-04-29, 09:30 AM

And later retcon him to be an imposter.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-29, 09:32 AM
So I had an idea to possibly prolong this little game.

What if instead of a single antagonist for our grossly overpowered superhero teams to fight, what if we each drafted a similar supervillain team after we're done with the seven heroes?

Could be interesting.

Raistlin1040
2012-04-29, 09:34 AM
I'm going to grab Henry Pym, also known as Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket and (in this instance) The Wasp. Intelligence that rivals Reed Richards', ability to shrink to tiny size and grow to 100 feet tall, plus changing the size of other things, flight, and his Bio-Sting. Useful in a combat situation due to his size and Bio-Sting, but mostly on the team as the resident genius.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 09:53 AM
And later retcon him to be an imposter.

let's not even get started on that.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 10:03 AM
Anyway I'm actually glad I didn't get Steve I think My team's looking a little better for the're actual purpose without him.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 10:15 AM
ok since Deaths Head is allowed I'm taking Omega Supreme as base and transportation. If he isn't allowed let me know and I've got another choice in mind.

Bitter
2012-04-29, 10:37 AM
I'm going to grab Henry Pym, also known as Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket and (in this instance) The Wasp. Intelligence that rivals Reed Richards', ability to shrink to tiny size and grow to 100 feet tall, plus changing the size of other things, flight, and his Bio-Sting. Useful in a combat situation due to his size and Bio-Sting, but mostly on the team as the resident genius.

Intelligence that rivals Reed Richards', ability to shrink to tiny size and grow to 100 feet tall, plus changing the size of other things, flight, and his Bio-Sting.

Intelligence that rivals Reed Richards'

No way.

http://i.imgur.com/ybtsA.jpg

The only thing Hank is good for is changing size, beating his wife and building genocidal robots and he's allllllllll out of pym particles.

Slott's whole man-crush scientist supreme thing doesn't count either.

Speaking of which, this reminds me I need to get a tech dude. As Reed is taken I will go for Dr Doom in his his current 'basically a hero' FF incarnation, seeing as recent posts have brought him to mind.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 10:47 AM
No way.

http://i.imgur.com/ybtsA.jpg

The only thing Hank is good for is changing size, beating his wife and building genocidal robots and he's allllllllll out of pym particles.

Slott's whole man-crush scientist supreme thing doesn't count either.

Speaking of which, this reminds me I need to get a tech dude. As Reed is taken I will go for Dr Doom in his his current 'basically a hero' FF incarnation, seeing as recent posts have brought him to mind.

That was Civil War characterization from that mess of a story doesn't count. Pym isn't Reed level but he is deffinetly one of the big brains of the MU.

Also Hank had a complete mental breakdown, was manipulated by enemies as well as Janet emotionaly abusing him.

We let Spiderman get away with hitting MJ and Hank slips up one time doesn't actually hurt her and never gets to live it down.

Man on Fire
2012-04-29, 10:51 AM
Pym is Top 7 Smartest People on Earth and that's not even from Slott's comics.

I pick Simon Williams, a.k.a. Wonder Man.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-29, 11:12 AM
You, um, kind of skipped over me.

Right, I need to get some muscle on my team. I'll go with Thor for that.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 11:13 AM

Lol you know I wondered when someone was gonna pick him. Seeing as Betaray Bill went so fast.

Well good for you. I almost picked him before my theme solidified.

Man on Fire
2012-04-29, 11:18 AM
Sorry Mewtarthio.
Still picking up Wonder Man.

Bitter
2012-04-29, 11:23 AM
Yeah, in my previous post about Pym I was exaggerating about how bad he is and how I feel about him, but I'm not a fan of him.

Also I completely forgot about creating Ragnarok and that wasn't what I meant. I was referring mainly to the creation of Ulton who went on to kill billions and also his creation of Salvation-1 specifically to attack the Avengers so he could defeat it and regain some credibility after Captain America had to court-martial Pym for attacking surrendered enemies.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 11:30 AM
Yeah, in my previous post about Pym I was exaggerating about how bad he is and how I feel about him, but I'm not a fan of him.

Also I completely forgot about creating Ragnarok and that wasn't what I meant. I was referring mainly to the creation of Ulton who went on to kill billions and also his creation of Salvation-1 specifically to attack the Avengers so he could defeat it and regain some credibility after Captain America had to court-martial Pym for attacking surrendered enemies.

Ok he made Ultron He didn't design Ultron to be a villan, but when you create an AI stuff can happen. The people who created Braniac are they to be blamed for its actions? Salvation was during said emotional breakdown where they should have been trying to get him some much needed therapy for problems the knew he was having. Also Ironman's attacked surrendered enemies, lots of avengers have.

Man on Fire
2012-04-29, 11:42 AM
I think that Hank's problem is that, deep inside he is really a supervilan who happened to be a superhero - he has serious mental issues, created dangerous things that goes out of control, wants to prove everybody how smart he is - he would make better vilan than hero.

Oh, and speaking of Mr. Fantastic

http://oi41.tinypic.com/mruzqf.jpg (http://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2012/04/mr-terrific-mr-fantastic-and-mr.html)

Bitter
2012-04-29, 11:43 AM
Ok he made Ultron He didn't design Ultron to be a villan, but when you create an AI stuff can happen.

When you are Hank Pym and you base an AIs mind off your own brainwaves, it turns out some of the stuff that can happen is genocide :smalltongue:

Jallorn
2012-04-29, 11:50 AM

hmmm... how does this work with Storm having Mjolnir? I'm not opposed to Thor being reborn after dying in Ragnarok, as it's happened before, but...

Bitter
2012-04-29, 12:06 PM
Just give Storm a hammer that isn't Mjolnir but does the same basic thing, like how Beta Ray Bill has Stormbreaker.

I think she got one of these anyway in a New Mutants book when they went to Asgard and Loki tried to brainwash her.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 12:07 PM
hmmm... how does this work with Storm having Mjolnir? I'm not opposed to Thor being reborn after dying in Ragnarok, as it's happened before, but...

That stuff doesn't count. It's been days since Hopeless posted and he listed off full teams instead of one at a time like we were supposed to.

Jallorn
2012-04-29, 12:26 PM
That stuff doesn't count. It's been days since Hopeless posted and he listed off full teams instead of one at a time like we were supposed to.

No, I meant my post...

Mewtarthio
2012-04-29, 12:29 PM
No, I meant my post...

...Right. Sorry about that. The OP just listed "Storm," and there are a lot of teams to keep track of.

I'll need some time to think, then. Could I just pick twice on my next turn?

Devonix
2012-04-29, 12:30 PM
Ahh I see that one now. got confused and thought it was one of that big block from before. I also don't see why not. Just have either this thor be from before Ragnarok. or that storm be from an alternate earth

Mewtarthio
2012-04-29, 12:36 PM
Just have either this thor be from before Ragnarok. or that storm be from an alternate earth

That opens the floodgates to all sorts of craziness. We could end up with Storm Thor versus my Thor versus Thor-from-five-seconds-in-the-future versus Green Thor (a Thor from an alternate universe that is exactly identical to 616 except that everyone has green hair).

Bitter
2012-04-29, 12:44 PM
Solution: Storm doesn't have Mjolnir and Thor didn't die. She has a hammer similar to Thor which grants basically the same powers, like the one she got from Loki in Uncanny X-men Annual 9.

http://i.imgur.com/1f97G.jpg

When you alter a character, you're supposed to do it so you don't write off another character. Jallorn saying that Thor (One of the biggest Marvel characters) is dead is a bit of a no-no, especially when he could have exactly the same character by saying "Storm kept the magic Thor-like hammer she got that one time" or "Thor owes Storm a massive favour so has an enchanted Uru hammer crafter for Storm equal to his own."

Devonix
2012-04-29, 01:09 PM
That opens the floodgates to all sorts of craziness. We could end up with Storm Thor versus my Thor versus Thor-from-five-seconds-in-the-future versus Green Thor (a Thor from an alternate universe that is exactly identical to 616 except that everyone has green hair).

Well since it isn't a vs why would that be a problem. We aren't fighting each other we're fighting the villans that we pick for our teams.

chiasaur11
2012-04-29, 02:05 PM
Devonix?

I think you'll have to go with your backup. Omega's not local to 616 at any point in Marvel's history.

Death's Head fought the Fantastic Four and was a major supporting player in SWORD. Sure, he's been on the grand multiversal tour, but he's a local when it counts.

Bitter and Raistlin both have a pick available. Probably should get those sorted before continuing.

Bitter
2012-04-29, 02:31 PM
Raistlin grabbed Hank Pym, I grabbed Dr Doom.

Devonix
2012-04-29, 02:33 PM
Devonix?

I think you'll have to go with your backup. Omega's not local to 616 at any point in Marvel's history.

Death's Head fought the Fantastic Four and was a major supporting player in SWORD. Sure, he's been on the grand multiversal tour, but he's a local when it counts.

Bitter and Raistlin both have a pick available. Probably should get those sorted before continuing.

Darn you're right he didn't show up till issue 16 where they stopped being part of the 616 universe... ok will skip ahead to Arron Stack aka Machine Man.

Mewtarthio
2012-04-29, 02:41 PM
Solution: Storm doesn't have Mjolnir and Thor didn't die. She has a hammer similar to Thor which grants basically the same powers, like the one she got from Loki in Uncanny X-men Annual 9.

[...]

When you alter a character, you're supposed to do it so you don't write off another character. Jallorn saying that Thor (One of the biggest Marvel characters) is dead is a bit of a no-no, especially when he could have exactly the same character by saying "Storm kept the magic Thor-like hammer she got that one time" or "Thor owes Storm a massive favour so has an enchanted Uru hammer crafter for Storm equal to his own."

If Jallorn is cool with that, then I am as well.

Jallorn
2012-04-29, 04:50 PM
If Jallorn is cool with that, then I am as well.

No, I don't have any particular problems with that change, and taht prior instance of Storm having Thor-like powers was why I had made the change here. Also, because I thought it made for a cool story.

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-30, 08:24 AM
So Bitter has Dr. Doom (didn't think we were supposed to pick those guys until the end but oh well) and Mewtarthio has Thor, so that means it's chiasaur's turn, then Jallorn, then me again, right?

Devonix
2012-04-30, 09:01 AM
So Bitter has Dr. Doom (didn't think we were supposed to pick those guys until the end but oh well) and Mewtarthio has Thor, so that means it's chiasaur's turn, then Jallorn, then me again, right?

Bitter is taking Doom as a member of the team, he's yet to pick a villan for them yet.

Bitter
2012-04-30, 09:54 AM
Dr Doom is a hero. Why would you think he is a villain? If anything it's that meddling Richards who is the villain, what with constantly stopping the universe from prospering under Doom's firm steadying hand!

But yeah, the last 18 issues or so of Fantastic Four/FF have seen him go from villain to anti-hero/hero. Hence the rad new white Fantastic Four outfit he has.

chiasaur11
2012-04-30, 11:28 AM

Yup.

As for my pick?

Might as well make a clean sweep of the known top ten geniuses.

I'm grabbing Mastermind Excello, AKA Amadeus Cho.

7th smartest in the world.

Jallorn
2012-04-30, 01:41 PM
Vanessa Carlysle, aka Copycat

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-30, 01:46 PM
Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin aka Colossus, still with the powers of the Juggernaut.

Erik Lehnsherr aka Magneto

Jallorn
2012-04-30, 02:17 PM
William Kaplan, aka Wiccan

DiscipleofBob
2012-04-30, 02:24 PM
William Kaplan, aka Wiccan

Raistlin already grabbed Wiccan. Better try again.

Jallorn
2012-04-30, 02:30 PM
Raistlin already grabbed Wiccan. Better try again.

Oh, whoops, I missed that. Doy, alright, looking for another then.

Jallorn
2012-04-30, 02:40 PM
Forge, aka... Forge

chiasaur11
2012-04-30, 07:49 PM
So, I'm up again.

Might put more details for the last two later, but they've both been a bit knee-jerk play it by ear.

So, for now I'm grabbing M-11, the Human Robot.

With the Ali fight tape installed.

Devonix
2012-05-01, 05:11 AM
my go I keep getting confused with new people coming in. and some people going twice to make up for it.

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-01, 08:22 AM
my go I keep getting confused with new people coming in. and some people going twice to make up for it.

Actually it's Raistlin's turn. Then Man on Fire, then Bitter, then Mewtarthio, then you twice, then Mewtarthio again and back down the list. We go in inverse order at the end of each list.

Mewtarthio
2012-05-01, 09:46 AM
Wasn't Raistlin adjacent to Devonix?

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-01, 11:04 AM
Wasn't Raistlin adjacent to Devonix?

Doh! Forgot Raistlin moved to the top of the list for some reason. Still not reflected in the OP. So it's Man on Fire, then Bitter, then Mewtarthio, then Devonix, then Raistlin twice, then Devonix again and back down the list?

Man on Fire
2012-05-01, 11:37 AM
I'm picking up Jessica Drew a.k.a. Spider-Woman.

chiasaur11
2012-05-01, 01:36 PM
Doh! Forgot Raistlin moved to the top of the list for some reason. Still not reflected in the OP. So it's Man on Fire, then Bitter, then Mewtarthio, then Devonix, then Raistlin twice, then Devonix again and back down the list?

Yup.

About the size. Editing the OP for clarity.

Bitter
2012-05-01, 05:23 PM
Namor. He is the funny guy on the team.

Mewtarthio
2012-05-01, 07:28 PM
I pick Daredevil.

Devonix
2012-05-01, 08:29 PM
Cosmo, no team is complete without a talking psionic russian cosmonaut dog.

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-02, 08:55 PM
So it's been 24 hours since the last pick. So is a skip involved?

chiasaur11
2012-05-02, 10:40 PM
So it's been 24 hours since the last pick. So is a skip involved?

Yup.

Next guy can go.

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-02, 11:44 PM
So Devonix then back down the list

Devonix
2012-05-03, 08:53 AM
Brother Voodoo

Raistlin1040
2012-05-03, 09:54 AM
I did not see that Devonix had made his picks. Damn. Alright, I pick Gilgamesh aka The Forgotten One and Angel Salvadore aka Tempest.

Bitter
2012-05-04, 02:20 AM
Mewthario is taking his time, so Silver Surfer.

Yes, I have reformed the Defenders.

Man on Fire
2012-05-04, 06:39 AM
Should I wait for Mewtario or just post my net pick?

Mewtarthio
2012-05-04, 09:20 AM

Will be quite busy with finals today. Please go ahead.

Mewtarthio
2012-05-04, 09:22 AM

Will be quite busy with finals today. Please go ahead.

Man on Fire
2012-05-04, 09:24 AM
Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross a.k.a. Red Hulk.

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-04, 09:56 AM
So chiasaur, Jallorn, then me since Raistlin's current abstaining.

chiasaur11
2012-05-05, 02:45 AM
Alright then. Sorry for the delay. Was watching Avengers.

On a related note: Everyone should watch The Avengers.

For my last pull, I'm going with...

GODZILLA.

Because he was still there for the seventh round. Hard to pass up.

Jallorn
2012-05-05, 10:53 AM
Alright then, finally, I shall grab Luke Cage.

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-05, 03:32 PM
For my final pick, X-23.

And for my antagonist:

Apacolypse

Jallorn
2012-05-05, 04:35 PM
Then my antagonist shall be: Mandarin

chiasaur11
2012-05-05, 07:01 PM
Dire Wraiths.

Nothing like soul stealing, brain eating, shape shifting space witches to ruin everyone's day.

Man on Fire
2012-05-05, 10:54 PM
Antagonist - Abbandon (galactic conqueror and old enemy of Hulk if you're asking).

Bitter
2012-05-06, 05:22 AM
The Phoenix Force

While the Avengers and the X-men are busy punching each other in the face, its up to the NEW DEFENDERS to go into space, take on the Phoenix Force head to head and save the world.

Cursed by Gaea into working together against problems of cosmic importance, this disparate group must come together and stop the greatest threats in the universe.

Devonix
2012-05-06, 08:47 AM
"The Intergalactic Warlords"

From Marvel Comics Presents issue 21

Black Panther detects shifts in the economies of various countries being manipulated by an extra terrestrial force attempting to drive the planet into an economic crisis and cause several wars to take advantage of the chaos.

Gathering together Space police, lawyers, one mutant accountant. and a mage and a security chief to help keep everything monitored and under control.

Mewtarthio
2012-05-06, 10:35 AM
Er, when I said I'd be busy with finals, I didn't mean I'd be busy with finals for the rest of eternity. I'm done now. I can take my turn.

So, what, do I get one hero and one antagonist?

DiscipleofBob
2012-05-08, 10:13 AM
I believe so, yes.

Mewtarthio
2012-05-09, 03:38 PM
Sorry for the delay; I had a bit of an urgent medical thing.

Back to the topic, I'm going with Johnny Storm as my last hero and Annihlus as the villain.

Raistlin1040
2012-05-09, 10:13 PM
I'm going with Moon Knight (fitted with mechanical wings created by Hank Pym) as my last hero and Thanos as the antagonist.