PDA

View Full Version : An Unchanging Reality, Take two OOC



Pages : [1] 2 3

meemaas
2012-04-19, 12:35 AM
This is the Out of character thread for the campaign titled An Unchanging Reality. Before we can start, i still need every player to choose a country from which their character hails.

The choices are,
Reynald, a mostly human nation, and also the capital of the worlds trade.
Gestorn, a mostly Elven nation, but highly tolerant to all races, of course.
Vesperia, a mixed bag, there is no dominant race, so to say, but Vesperia is the magic capital of the world.

Stanleyindraven, Dromet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=378772)

Emeraldemon, Naram (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=378810)

Rentaromon, Barz (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=28635)

Manonfire, Serp (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=379101)

Thattaman, Zarakuzet (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=24739)

Shugyosha, Eophyn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=376741)

Down Comforter Krin Babblebrook (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=918551)

Starbin Balrik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=865317)

Morbis Meh Dagan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=780837)

All that said, and so you all do know. This is the same world as i'm running in the other game. It is a sandbox world that is growing as the players play. What you do, sans major plot points, will effect the others world, and vice versa. What happens to them will not necessarily happen to you, even if you followed their lead. Once everyone has chosen their country, i'll start the IC.

shugyosha
2012-04-19, 01:07 AM
I choose purple again. I believe Eophyn will choose Vesperia.

Man on Fire
2012-04-19, 06:01 AM
Sepr will take Blue again and is also from Reynald.

Shugyosha, Stanleyindraven - we continue with our character knowing each other beforehand, of course?

stanleyindraven
2012-04-19, 06:47 AM
Dromet will be lime again and going Reynald.

Same alliances Serp and E? I would prefer, I think we make a strong team and the others seem to be able to add to that

shugyosha
2012-04-19, 09:19 AM
Of course the three of are together. It wouldn't be the same otherwise.

Rentaromon
2012-04-19, 09:56 AM
Barz would probably be from reynald, fits the story of him best.

emeraldemon
2012-04-19, 10:26 AM
Similarly, I assume Zarasuket and Naram still know each each other? I think Vesperia makes the most sense for our backgrounds, maybe the school was there?

Also, Sienna.

Thattaman
2012-04-19, 10:43 AM
I think It would be wrong to break up Zara from his only friend, Vesperia it is!
Colour is Dark Orchid

meemaas
2012-04-19, 07:54 PM
I apologize for taking so long, i forgot to subscribe to this thread and then wondered why nobody had posted...idiot move. Anyways, IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13099414#post13099414) is up, and i hope you enjoy the game. I'm bad at maps, so i've been using tables for them, at least until i really get the hang of google docs, which might take a very long time. Not a very patient guy when it comes to that stuff. That said, i incorporated your friendships into the capture, i think, i might have gotten it wrong, if i did, sorry.

Also, i might have a soft spot for monks. Any man who can beat a man to death with his bare fists deserves to be badass even if he doesn't get to play it out.

shugyosha
2012-04-20, 10:10 AM
I will be on vacation from the 25th to the 30th. My posting will be spotty. NPC if necessary, just try not to get me killed.

meemaas
2012-04-23, 11:24 AM
For those of you waiting for me to post...I'm waiting on you. Lol.

shugyosha
2012-04-23, 11:40 AM
Eophyn is watching the stairs, someone want to read what on the bulletin board?

Man on Fire
2012-04-23, 11:43 AM
I'm opening the doors until everybody's free.

Rentaromon
2012-04-24, 11:41 AM
could you put the links to the characters on the front page of the in character? I keep having to go back to this to look up people stats.

meemaas
2012-04-24, 01:22 PM
could you put the links to the characters on the front page of the in character? I keep having to go back to this to look up people stats.



I'd rather not. Personal preference. I'm sure you would understand.

Man on Fire
2012-04-24, 01:41 PM
Copypaste all links into this thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13123713#post13123713
And put a link in your signature.

Rentaromon
2012-04-24, 02:09 PM
I'd rather not. Personal preference. I'm sure you would understand.

no i dont understand, its just a single copy paste. but whatever, its not important.

meemaas
2012-04-24, 03:43 PM
no i dont understand, its just a single copy paste. but whatever, its not important.

It's not important. Its just the way I am. I don't want it in the IC. It is capable of messing me u when i check posts on my phone.

meemaas
2012-04-25, 11:18 AM
I apologize for the delay. I got home in a very foul mood yesterday, and after that short arguement, didn't want to end up taking anything out on you guys. That said, I really do wanna keep the out of character info out of the in character thread as much as possible. And don't see any necessary reason to put it in there. Also, i will warn you ahead of time. I have a very crappy job, and it really murders my good moods. So if i end up getting snippy at you guy during the day, or i straight up avoid posting in the late afternoons and evenings, its because i've had a bad day, and i don't wanna scare you guys away.

meemaas
2012-04-26, 10:21 PM
Since the parties split on a plan, i can't really do much, especially since nothings really gonna happen until the party makes a decision.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-27, 07:00 AM
understandable, crappy job here too

emeraldemon
2012-04-27, 07:37 PM
Just checking, when you said all our gear was taken, does that include armor?

meemaas
2012-04-27, 08:12 PM
Yes, that includes your armor.

shugyosha
2012-05-01, 09:34 AM
Back from vacation and will post today.

meemaas
2012-05-05, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know if Rentaromon is still in the game? Because it appears to me like he's dropped out without saying anything. Since it's likely my fault he's not posting, would one of you PC him and ask him about it?

shugyosha
2012-05-05, 09:11 AM
Yeah, good question. Eophyn's question was mostly directed to Barz as she's never met a half-giant so she doesn't know if he has low light vision. Speaking of which, gnomes have low light vision and should be able to see in the dark room right?

emeraldemon
2012-05-09, 08:48 PM
Just trying to make sure I understand: when we come up there stairs, there was a bedroom with all our gear in it, and then another door that Serph just opened? Are those the only two doors at the top of the staircase?

meemaas
2012-05-09, 09:02 PM
Up the stairs, behind the door at the end, there was a small room. Appears to have once been a bedroom, but was cleared out. There were two rooms out from there, one is a bedroom, in reality it was once a study, but that's a story that both doesn't matter, and you aren't supposed to know. The other door is the one you just opened, which i will be getting to shortly. If you haven't figured it out by now, whoever captured you isn't exactly very bright.

meemaas
2012-05-10, 09:29 AM
that chest, just as an fyi, was the one your gear was all in.

meemaas
2012-05-10, 09:52 AM
And Shugyosha. You just used two move actions and a standard action, or else you must have misread your spell. You need to have a currently active bardic performance, in your case, battle dance, to cast Chord of Shards. The battle dance requires a move action to initiate however, sooo....yea. Sorry, but please redo your action. If you would like to keep the damage roll for your spell for next round, if you use it, i don't mind that, however.

stanleyindraven
2012-05-11, 12:59 PM
as soon as shug posts ill go

meemaas
2012-05-11, 01:47 PM
I work with a loose initiative. Between the group there is no need to wait and do it in order. Since this is PBP it would take a lot longer to do that way.

stanleyindraven
2012-05-11, 02:02 PM
Crit Confirm [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

PS AC is 14 until next round.

stanleyindraven
2012-05-11, 02:04 PM
Didnt work

crit confirm [roll0]
damage [roll1]

emeraldemon
2012-05-20, 10:30 AM
Looking at the map you posted, It looks like there are two pairs of doors, at E1 and A5, plus the stairs we came in from. Now it sounds like we've barricaded one pair of doors and Serph wants to leave through the other, is that right? Does it matter which doors we barricaded? I guess the doors we came in through towards the stairs are still open?

Maybe it won't matter, but I'm easily confused, so I thought I'd double check.

meemaas
2012-05-20, 10:38 AM
It was my assumption that you guys barricaded the door closest to the enemies. Because they yelled down that way and all. If i am wrong, please let me know.

stanleyindraven
2012-05-21, 07:00 AM
thats the one i would have barricaded

meemaas
2012-05-21, 05:55 PM
I did just realize, and i never mentioned it to any of you, that my world contains Psionics, and not everyone likes them. If anyone has any problems with them, please let me know now, before you run into anything that involves them. I personally just like them, because they give even more variety for enemies to be built out of, at least, once you get high enough level to face 'not-mooks' XD

shugyosha
2012-05-31, 10:14 AM
with the numbers we are rolling things don't look so good.

meemaas
2012-06-05, 08:26 AM
I apologize for my delay in posting. Yes, the man was unarmed and would be unable to take am attack of opportunity, just like Dromet. Assuming he's still standing, he would provoke for his next try at attacking. Ill get a post in tonight, once my minds settled again. Been a bit braindead for the past week, and for that I apologize.

emeraldemon
2012-06-05, 09:34 AM
I'm in no hurry :)

meemaas
2012-06-08, 05:11 PM
The dice gods hate you guys. I swear.

Man on Fire
2012-06-08, 05:17 PM
The only way to propitiate them is to make a DM sacrifice :smallbiggrin:

meemaas
2012-06-08, 05:25 PM
Is that a volunteer? Alright then, i'll get Findo Gask to come by and sacrifice you to the ultimate lord of Angara. Then your rolls will get better.

emeraldemon
2012-06-08, 06:00 PM
Well I'm not exactly a sure thing with my +1 attack roll.

Thattaman
2012-06-09, 08:43 AM
I'm still here.

emeraldemon
2012-06-10, 12:30 PM
So maybe I don't understand how ranged combat works. I thought there was a rule somewhere about misses having a chance to hit allies, but looking through the PRD I didn't see anything. If I shoot at the bad guy and miss, is there any chance of hitting Dromet? Maybe I'm remembering some optional rule variant?

meemaas
2012-06-10, 02:13 PM
There are no rules for hitting an ally while trying to shoot into melee. However, shooting into melee forces you to take a -4 penalty to your shot to avoid hitting your ally, unless you have the precise shot feat. Frankly, the only way you have a chance of hitting dromet is if i decided to be a **** when you rolled a one. (no plans of doing that.)

stanleyindraven
2012-06-10, 09:20 PM
so long as it stays that way i am good. but there are option rules that allow for misses to hit allies, one of my RL DMs uses that rule, he is a real piece of work

meemaas
2012-06-10, 09:22 PM
CRITICAL FUMBLE

Naram misses his shot so badly that he shot through a rope holding a very convenient bucket of water that was hanging above Dromet, dumping water all over him. XD

emeraldemon
2012-06-10, 09:27 PM
That sounds more like a critical success to me :smallbiggrin:

Man on Fire
2012-06-10, 10:06 PM
Sorta in "I wasn't aiming at you" way, isn't it?

meemaas
2012-06-11, 11:07 AM
Played a zombie apocalypse game, can't remember the system, where someone actually joked about getting a critical fumble. He wiped the entire party because he actually rolled that badly. Damn near predicted the entire scenario too.

Man on Fire
2012-06-11, 11:16 AM
I start to understand why some people doesn't like critical fumbles.

stanleyindraven
2012-06-11, 11:31 AM
Meh, you recover from them or you dont.

shugyosha
2012-06-25, 04:51 PM
sorry guys, I think I might have just gotten us into a whole lot of trouble...

Man on Fire
2012-06-25, 05:33 PM
Don't worry, it's in character for her, just like it was in character for Serph to do what he thought would help them avoid trouble.

In case knight will try to talk himself out, I'll roll sense motive here [roll0]. Oh, and Serph draws his bow, just in case.

shugyosha
2012-06-26, 10:00 AM
[
Can I make sense motive on guy's last words? if so [roll0]


Can you roll above 5 on a d20 for sense motive?:smallsmile:

Man on Fire
2012-06-26, 10:33 AM
apparently no.

shugyosha
2012-06-26, 10:42 AM
haven't heard form our gnomes in a while.

shugyosha
2012-06-26, 12:24 PM
Looks like we met the boss monster at the end of the level.

meemaas
2012-06-27, 12:03 PM
Ah. Making players second guess their decisions. I think that's a fun part to being a DM. Are our oracle and summoner still in?

stanleyindraven
2012-06-28, 07:03 AM
havent seen them, hope not.

meemaas
2012-07-02, 08:42 AM
At this point, i'm going to assume they are gone, if they return, they can rejoin the party, but otherwise it'll just be the three of you, unless you want a fourth man. Your decision, not mine.

And sorry for the delay, i've been working a completely different shift, and the lack of sleep has completely addled my brain.

shugyosha
2012-07-02, 09:46 AM
Three against the world!

If we wanted more players I suggest we recruit from players we know are good and consistent players instead of an open call.

meemaas
2012-07-02, 09:48 AM
I have a buddy who had volunteered, before i even thought of recruiting, but i know a few on here that i know are reliable nonetheless. ultimately though, its your decision

Man on Fire
2012-07-02, 01:07 PM
Anyone tried PMing our gnomes about the game? Maybye they just forgot about it?

meemaas
2012-07-23, 11:04 PM
I apologize for the erratic posting in this game. I'd say its fixed, but its likely not, since i can be very forgetful. That said, I have two pieces of business i'd like to conduct with the three of you.

First of all. Are the three of you content being a three man team, or would you feel more comfortable with a fourth? Its up to you whether or not i recruit an extra person for you, and since we never hit a conclusion, since only shugyosha voiced his opinion, i'd figure i'd ask again.

Secondly, i'm sure you noticed i haven't awarded experience yet. I've been thinking a lot about simply awarding level ups as you reach certain milestones in your journey, instead of just crunching numbers. Again, want a decision from all three of you before i implement one or the other.

shugyosha
2012-07-23, 11:55 PM
I apologize for the erratic posting in this game. I'd say its fixed, but its likely not, since i can be very forgetful. That said, I have two pieces of business i'd like to conduct with the three of you.

First of all. Are the three of you content being a three man team, or would you feel more comfortable with a fourth? Its up to you whether or not i recruit an extra person for you, and since we never hit a conclusion, since only shugyosha voiced his opinion, i'd figure i'd ask again.

Secondly, i'm sure you noticed i haven't awarded experience yet. I've been thinking a lot about simply awarding level ups as you reach certain milestones in your journey, instead of just crunching numbers. Again, want a decision from all three of you before i implement one or the other.

Levels at mile stones are fine with me.

Man on Fire
2012-07-24, 04:31 AM
I apologize for the erratic posting in this game. I'd say its fixed, but its likely not, since i can be very forgetful. That said, I have two pieces of business i'd like to conduct with the three of you.

First of all. Are the three of you content being a three man team, or would you feel more comfortable with a fourth? Its up to you whether or not i recruit an extra person for you, and since we never hit a conclusion, since only shugyosha voiced his opinion, i'd figure i'd ask again.

Secondly, i'm sure you noticed i haven't awarded experience yet. I've been thinking a lot about simply awarding level ups as you reach certain milestones in your journey, instead of just crunching numbers. Again, want a decision from all three of you before i implement one or the other.

I'm okay with both

stanleyindraven
2012-07-24, 07:04 AM
milestones and a three man team is fine. in a game with one that has lasted almost a year on here so thats good it seems.

meemaas
2012-07-29, 08:45 AM
I'm gonna apologize right now. I wont be putting up an IC post for possibly a week. I'm in the middle of packing to move and put my paperwork with the information for this encounter away just yesterday. Ill have it out by this time next week, but until then ill have to put you guys on hold.

But, to answer the sense motive check, everything the man is saying seems to be true. Or at least he thinks it is. The new king is not a nice guy, as I'm sure you guys may have figured out.

shugyosha
2012-07-29, 10:16 AM
Thanks for telling us. Post to tell us when you've unpacked.

Man on Fire
2012-07-29, 11:38 AM
Good to know.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-30, 07:16 AM
no problem

meemaas
2012-08-05, 10:51 PM
Back, paperwork out, and post incoming shortly. Brace yourselves for combat.

meemaas
2012-08-08, 10:11 PM
Congratulations. You three have leveled up. The merchant even gave you guys some gifts to help you out on your journey ahead.

Shugyosha, as i thought Eophyn might be attached to her heirloom weapon, that cleaning rag will allow you to upgrade your Elven Curve Blade to masterwork.

Yes, i do realize that a lot of whats going on is being poorly told out, and i'm possibly giving you guys too much freedom. That said, here's the lowdown on the nearby locations.

From the Shrine of Angara, you guys can reach a border town in any of the three countries easily, both of the others similar to the one you've left. The Shrine is also neutral territory, and you can take your time to explore it as much as you want, because your bounties are considered null and void so long as you are within its small borders. The capitals of the Reynald and Vesperian kingdoms are both several days journey out from where you are right now. But are also destinations your characters would know of easily from where you are.

Enjoy your new level. It was slow going getting here, and i feel like you deserved it.

shugyosha
2012-08-08, 10:45 PM
Yea! Thank you oh so generous GM. This is the first time I've leveled a character on these forums.

Do we roll new hit points or take an average?

meemaas
2012-08-08, 10:46 PM
Roll, if less than average, take the average.

shugyosha
2012-08-08, 11:14 PM
[roll0]

In identifying the potions can I take 10 (which gives me 17)?
BTW I have 3 potions, the first from our first encounter and 2 from the 'bandits'.

meemaas
2012-08-08, 11:17 PM
Sure i'll let you. The first is one of Cure light wounds.

The other two are potions of Shield of Faith. If he had thought better, he'd have used one of them, even though you managed to shred him anyways.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-09, 07:12 AM
Ok, Dromet Levels in Fighter
+1 Fort Save
+1 BAB
Takes Pushing Assault feat
Bravery +1
Intimidate +1
Climb +1
Knowledge Dungeoneer +1
HP +[roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-08-09, 12:37 PM
Serph advancement:
+1 Ref save
+1 BAB
+1 to skills: Acrobatics, Apparise, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge Dungeoneering, Local and Nobility, Linguistics, Perception, Sense Motive, Sleight Of Hand and Stealth
+ Uncanny Dodge and Rogue Talent: Trap Spotter Class Features.

Rolling hp 1b8

Man on Fire
2012-08-09, 12:40 PM
okay, rolling again [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-08-09, 01:20 PM
Did Eophyn ever give Dromet a short bow? I thought I had her do that when they escaped that house.

anyway:
Ref + 1
Wil +1
BAB +1

Diplomacy (2), Intimidation, Perception, Performance (dance), Stealth, Spellcraft, Use Magic Item.

Versatile Dance
Well Versed

Detect Magic, Grease

stanleyindraven
2012-08-10, 07:10 AM
Dromet got the MW bow from the archer he just knocked off.

shugyosha
2012-08-10, 03:58 PM
I meant before he got the MW one.


Anyway I think we can bump to the morning.

meemaas
2012-08-10, 05:12 PM
I was too tired the end of yesterday to post for you guys. Expect a post tonight.

meemaas
2012-08-12, 06:06 PM
Alright, For references sake. Most children in the country of Angara are told this story. Its kinda a bedtime story, if you will. Of good triumphing over an evil that wished to destroy all they know and love.

This is the story that Dromet, Eophyn, and Serph will know, of the story i'm gonna post in the IC shortly.

500 years ago, there was an evil wizard who sought to destroy all of creation. The wizard hoped to use a powerful spell to destroy towns and people both, and the men of the kingdom were unable to organize themselves well enough to fight him when he tried. Then, a hero showed up. This hero traveled the world, collecting the purest of heart to aid him in his quest, and in turn he and the three he chose to accompany him stormed the wizards fortress, destroying his minions, outwitting his traps, and finally confronting the wizard himself. The man and his allies fought the wizard for two days and a night, neither side giving in, until the hero found the opening he looked for and cleaved the evildoer in two. With the wizard dead, the hero split the world into three sections, giving each of his allies one of them to rule fairly, the three were to work together in harmony, each leading their people in their own way. After he saw that his people were ready to survive eternity without him, he stepped into the Shrine of Angara, a temple he had built to commemorate his victory, and vanished, ascended into godhood for his good deeds.

Obviously, this story isn't very well written, and seems pretty corny, but then, as logic dictates, thats the kind of story that'll survive the test of time. Right? Post coming on the IC within the next hour.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-12, 08:32 PM
like 50 shades of Grey

meemaas
2012-08-12, 08:32 PM
I'll have you know i've never read the book.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-13, 06:45 AM
this story isn't very well written, and seems pretty corny, but then, as logic dictates, thats the kind of story that'll survive the test of time.

Thats what made me think of it. I dont have time to read, they will make a movie and i will watch that, maybe.

shugyosha
2012-08-28, 12:34 PM
stanleyindraven hasn't posted in a while. Should someone check on him?

meemaas
2012-08-28, 10:05 PM
Shooting him a PM right now.

shugyosha
2012-08-29, 09:54 AM
I just want to say that I think facing Findo is the right move, but Eophyn is just spooked by the guy.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-29, 10:38 AM
Facing him here is the safest way to do so.

meemaas
2012-08-29, 10:42 PM
I just want to say that I think facing Findo is the right move, but Eophyn is just spooked by the guy.

I guess i did a good job with his character design. Your characters are supposed to be afraid of him. That said, let me know when your conversation is over.

meemaas
2012-08-30, 06:16 AM
Also, as an unrelated subject. Are you three enjoying this game? It just occured to me last night that my other group has lost all interest and are basically forcing themselves to post for my sake. I'd just like to be clear that you three are still enjoying this.

Man on Fire
2012-08-30, 06:30 AM
I'm having fun wondering where the plot is going to, especially connection it has to those books. And recently I seen a chance for small bit of character development, so I'm happy.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-30, 06:54 AM
very intrigued. i enjoy this game and feel that we have the right size and combination of players. waiting to see where the story takes us.

shugyosha
2012-08-30, 09:25 AM
I'm having fun.

I think we can bump to the next scene.

meemaas
2012-09-05, 09:34 PM
Friendly aren't we Serph?

shugyosha
2012-09-05, 11:10 PM
Eophyn won't think of this but we need to set up an ambush for those who are coming after us. They will be much more level appropriate and possibly able to give us more information.

meemaas
2012-09-05, 11:23 PM
Plus they'll be more in the range of interesting enemies. All the while you were level one i was afraid to get the least bit interesting with my foes, unfortunately. After a charging orc downed one of my players in my other campaign.

shugyosha
2012-09-05, 11:30 PM
Just some notes:

Story had it the king was murdered in his castle. Although a number of suspects were divined, it is widely believed that the murderers were working for the King's secondborn son, Delroy Gestorn. Other than that he was the prince, there is little known about him.

We are accused of his murder.


What kingdom was he in?

meemaas
2012-09-06, 06:45 AM
The Gestorn kingdom you and your allies just fled.

meemaas
2012-09-10, 11:06 PM
You guys still around, or do i need to move something forward?

shugyosha
2012-09-10, 11:31 PM
RL has been a bit busy for me. I think we can move on... or atleast that's my vote.

Man on Fire
2012-09-11, 06:03 AM
Friendly aren't we Serph?

Well, after all that talk about how tired of running away he is, I hardly could think of more appriorate reaction to a guy who calls chasing him around fun.

Man on Fire
2012-09-14, 10:55 AM
I think the dice roller may be out of balance or something, I'm suddenly rolling suprisingly well.

shugyosha
2012-09-17, 09:56 PM
Okay there are some inconsistencies with this guys story. I'm not trying to trick the GM or anything. I just want to make sure that the story is what the GM is going for. The next question Eophyn is going to ask is how do they know he has two unusual swords if all he's done is shoot at them. No reason to draw a sword if you are only in bow distance.

meemaas
2012-09-17, 09:59 PM
Some men carry their swords visibly. Some are proud of their weaponry.

That said, the story is exactly as its meant to be. If you think there are inconsistencies, think about all the possibilities.

shugyosha
2012-09-17, 10:06 PM
Just wanted to hear you say that.

meemaas
2012-09-23, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna be surprised if you didn't actually expect to be ambushed from the point where you posted in the OOC last Shugyosha.

shugyosha
2012-09-23, 11:52 PM
I knew he was lying but why still remains a mystery... although Eophyn was unsure. She is a bit more trusting than I am.

meemaas
2012-09-25, 09:07 PM
Waiting on stanleyindraven's post. Unless you wanna opt out of the combat.

shugyosha
2012-09-25, 09:53 PM
I'm in no hurry.

meemaas
2012-09-25, 10:30 PM
I meant unless he wants to opt out of it. Seemed like Dromet was less than interested in dealing with the strangers.

meemaas
2012-10-27, 06:22 PM
Mildly worried, even though i know its the weekend, but if i don't get posts by tuesday i'm sending out PM's. I give that much time because i know weekends are slow for posting normally.

Man on Fire
2012-10-28, 04:00 AM
Oh right, I was going to ask you about the kingdoms, which is which, cause I forgot. But then I forgot to ask, sorry.

So, which kingdom put a bounty on us? Sorry, but names like that really escape me sometimes.

meemaas
2012-10-28, 04:44 PM
The bounty was placed from the Shrine of Angara and is recognized legitimately through all three kingdoms. However, the kingdom which is most interested in it would be the Gestorn kingdom, since your supposed crime was against their kind king.

meemaas
2012-11-02, 08:02 PM
Exactly the way Findo wants it. Everything is playing right into his hands....*Laughs evilly*

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 05:55 AM
Exactly the way Findo wants it. Everything is playing right into his hands....*Laughs evilly*

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/ayumimeegan/scared.jpg

meemaas
2012-11-08, 12:57 AM
I hope i didn't offend any players with that. I know killing woman and children is a bit of a no-no with most people.

Man on Fire
2012-11-08, 07:13 AM
I hope i didn't offend any players with that. I know killing woman and children is a bit of a no-no with most people.

Considering my general wiews about these things I should be offended, but considering some of the things I read and watch I'm not. As long as you won't serve us Zetman's Birthday Party, Berserk's Casual Troll Greeting or Counter Monkey's Chicago Way, I'm good.

meemaas
2012-11-08, 09:09 AM
I don't know what any of those are honestly.

shugyosha
2012-11-08, 12:01 PM
I'm an American. I don't gen offended by violence, sex on the other hand is different...:smallsmile:

Man on Fire
2012-11-08, 01:44 PM
I don't know what any of those are honestly.

Chicago (http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-1-poor-impulse-control/) Way (http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-2-the-chicago-way/) is refferenced in those videos.

Casual Troll Greeting - it's rape. It's scene from a manga Berserk, where Troll attacks a woman and immiediately starts raping her.

Birthday Party - yeah, I think that this one would require explanation on the levels that would give me problems with moderators.

meemaas
2012-11-08, 02:01 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about anything that severe. Our villains are out to destroy the world. Not commit petty crimes that cause the human mind to shudder in revulsion

shugyosha
2012-11-13, 02:58 PM
just a few question for clarification.

We entered a walled community. How many houses/buildings are there?
The place is littered with corpses, about how many (outside, not in the building we are in)?
We are in the biggest house now, right?

meemaas
2012-11-13, 05:50 PM
You are in the biggest house. There are about fifteen other than that. Most of them are much smaller than the one you are in. There were thirty five corpses outside, littering the area. Just for expedience, there is absolutely nothing of value on the corpses. The man who slaughtered them took their valuables. You'll find mundane weapons and armor, but thats it.

The guy who did this had no interest in the paperwork or anything else they owned. He simply took what he liked off their corpses.

shugyosha
2012-11-13, 05:56 PM
For expedience:

Bodies were cut down, bashed in, or shot with arrows (or all three)?

Are there fresh graves? The guy did say his friends were killed.

Are there stables and horses?

Are there tracks heading out?

meemaas
2012-11-13, 05:59 PM
Cut down. Every single person was cut down in one way or another with a sword.

There are no graves. No stables or horses. They were trying to keep themselves from being discovered by anyone they didn't kill and disposed of everything elsewhere.

Finally, yes. There are tracks leading out, and although you technically should need a survival check to know this in character, most of them are days old, with only a few that are recent.

shugyosha
2012-11-13, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I probably need to make a survival check:

[roll0] survival

Can I assume to know that there are tracks, but not the direction or age of them.

meemaas
2012-11-13, 06:27 PM
Yes, that much is obvious.

meemaas
2012-11-15, 11:28 PM
Paging Manonfire. Paging Manonfire.

meemaas
2012-11-17, 10:44 PM
Alright guys, let me know whenever you're done, and where you're going from there. Then i'll fast forward you that way.

shugyosha
2012-11-18, 10:44 AM
head back to town ask a few questions maybe go for some gnoll beating as well?

Man on Fire
2012-11-18, 04:54 PM
head back to town ask a few questions maybe go for some gnoll beating as well?

Agreed on that.

shugyosha
2012-11-21, 07:16 PM
I just want to say Meemaas, this is really a kick @$$ story so far. You have me guessing and usually ending up wrong.

meemaas
2012-11-21, 07:31 PM
Thanks. I've got a good deal of the overarching plot points planned out well in advance, although a lot of the day to day stuff you get into i make up on the spot. I appreciate that you like my story though.

shugyosha
2012-11-27, 10:51 AM
I'm guessing by stanleyindraven silence that Dromet agrees.

stanleyindraven
2012-11-27, 11:07 AM
sorry, didnt realize i hadnt posted.

Man on Fire
2012-11-28, 07:46 AM
If anything, Serph agrees on the deal, but will be waiting for Eophyn to do the talking.

shugyosha
2012-11-28, 10:21 AM
we'll have a little over 300 gp with the 250 reward. Is there anything anyone would like to get?

shugyosha
2012-11-28, 12:00 PM
I thought Eophyn grabbed those papers?

meemaas
2012-11-28, 12:10 PM
These papers were back in the mansion where you were captured. They are the ones for the guards who had you imprisoned. Can't recall when you read them though.

Wait, i don't think Serph ever opened that one. Eophyn does have the one for the so-called gestorn army men.

shugyosha
2012-11-28, 04:14 PM
we'll have a little over 300 gp with the 250 reward. Is there anything anyone would like to get?

My mistake we also have the 700 from the merchant. So with 1K gold should we get anything? A MW Greatsword for Dromet or a wand of Grease?

shugyosha
2012-11-29, 12:27 AM
I found the post where the note from the soldiers who were stopping the merchant (and us) is from Dendu. Actually the orders are from Dendu. I can't find anything from the house that mentioned him. Was the wanted posters of us supposed to have been ordered by him?

meemaas
2012-11-29, 12:28 AM
No, there was a sealed letter with the map. I thought Serph took it. When i mentioned it, i thought for some reason someone had ended up reading it.

stanleyindraven
2012-11-29, 07:47 AM
you are right, i remember now that it would have been from the soldiers

shugyosha
2012-11-30, 07:46 PM
here is some accounting:
700 from the merchant
250 reward
45 from the bandit camp
15 from the mansion that Eophyn found.
---
1010 total party gold.

Man on Fire
2012-12-01, 06:31 PM
So, is there anything we might want that assistant npc to do for us? I think we should stop ic for a moment and thing ooc about what we already know, how about it guys?

shugyosha
2012-12-01, 08:49 PM
Thats's what I've been (sort of) trying to do. We have some money we should think of what we need. We have horses and rations and a 5 day ride.

We could ask the assistant for info on Fisk.

meemaas
2012-12-01, 09:03 PM
Gask. Findo Gask. Not Fisk, there is no character named Fisk. That said, I'll save you the trouble. Findo Gask is not a very well known person. You won't hear about him very often.

shugyosha
2012-12-03, 12:20 PM
Ah... yes Fisk is the Kingpen... My bad

shugyosha
2012-12-04, 12:03 AM
We should get a map of the surrounding area and of the kingdom.

Any other ideas?

Man on Fire
2012-12-04, 12:08 PM
Nothing comes into mind.

shugyosha
2012-12-04, 12:46 PM
shall we go on then?

stanleyindraven
2012-12-04, 05:15 PM
sounds good to me too. my posting may be spotty this week as i am on holiday in the mountains.

meemaas
2012-12-05, 11:19 AM
Crap. I'm gonna have to work on a proper map now. I'll get one drawn up within the next couple of days. I promise, just don't let me forget about it.

meemaas
2012-12-09, 10:11 PM
Guys still alive? I'm sorry about the crappy post there, trying to sidetrack a little to get some more time to work on the map, which i keep forgetting to do, just wanted to make sure i didn't lose anyone because of it.

Man on Fire
2012-12-10, 06:02 AM
Oh sorry, I'm busy lately and I keep forgetting to post in this game because of it. I'll post in a moment.

stanleyindraven
2012-12-10, 09:00 AM
ok, im back now

shugyosha
2012-12-10, 10:43 AM
This time of year is really hectic for me. I'm still here.

meemaas
2012-12-11, 09:41 PM
Yes, you have passed that intersection i mentioned. The road you are traveling on simply branches off occasionally to other towns. Its a direct path to the capitol though.

shugyosha
2012-12-11, 09:42 PM
Was the merchant we helped heading to the capital?

meemaas
2012-12-11, 09:43 PM
Yes actually. He's a few days ahead of you though.

shugyosha
2012-12-28, 11:29 AM
"Agreed," Horbin says shortly.

Who is Horbin?

stanleyindraven
2012-12-28, 11:43 AM
lol, my bad, wrong name, plus the color needs fixing.

shugyosha
2013-01-02, 01:36 PM
Level 3!!!

So I was originally planning on playing with combat performance feats, but it might take too long before I can see the fruits of it. Is there any suggestions you guys might have as to the path Eophyn should take?

stanleyindraven
2013-01-02, 04:10 PM
HP [roll0]
Also adding Furious Focus to my feats and Armor Training 1 from 3rd level.

stanleyindraven
2013-01-16, 11:33 AM
has E been keeping track of our party funds?

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 11:53 AM
Yeah. Check my sheet. Do you want a MW Greatsword?

stanleyindraven
2013-01-16, 12:01 PM
if one can be found for a decent price

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 12:06 PM
decent price? I assume we will get the standard price of 350. Eophyn may try to bargain:

[roll0] diplomacy (wheeling and dealing)

meemaas
2013-01-16, 12:08 PM
Prices are book price minus ten percent. Not an amazing discount, but doable. I'd have the proper prices for you but I'm not on my computer right now, posting from my phone as it is.

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 10:41 PM
don't mean to sound greed but does that include trading in our old stuff?

meemaas
2013-01-16, 10:43 PM
No, it doesn't. You can get the normal sell price (1/2 the listed price) for trading in your old gear for new stuff. Feel free to deduct that from what you pay for the new stuff.

And no, you don't sound greedy. I didn't even think about the fact that you'd be getting rid of the old stuff.

shugyosha
2013-01-17, 01:15 AM
I bought Serp a MW studded leather. We have 440 gp left (after selling back our stuff).
So MW Greatsword for Dromet
MW chainshirt for Eophyn
MW studded leather for Serp

meemaas
2013-01-17, 01:19 AM
And i just remembered you guys are level 3. Wow i'm missing the WBL guidelines by a landslide.

stanleyindraven
2013-01-17, 08:28 AM
shug does that include selling my last sword?

wealth by level is one of those things that is subjective. whereas we have done things to earn xp, we havent done a whole lot to earn gold, ferrying messages mostly, plus what we take when we can.

shugyosha
2013-01-17, 10:48 AM
sold 1 great sword and 2 leather armor: Oh my mistake on the math we have 432.5 gp

In all the games I've played I've never come close to WBL. Although I actually like magic item poor games (not magic item empty games).

Oh yeah, just to make sure Eophyn does have a map of the kingdom, right?

stanleyindraven
2013-01-17, 11:48 AM
yeah, one of my IRL DMs is a monty haul kinda guy, but he also has super ramped up enemies and such. Like once we were like 9-10 lvl and we needed to defeat a powerful vampire that was also divine rank 0 or 1. we ended up making it out as victors, easier than he thought, but it was mostly planning and resourcefulness. of course he didnt remember we kept a true wish spell from a run in with an oracle.

Man on Fire
2013-01-17, 03:52 PM
My exams are starting this week, probably won't have time to post. Can you NPC my character untill I'm done with school?

meemaas
2013-01-27, 05:22 PM
Just to remind you. You are several days away from where the gnolls were making problems in the previous town. And those gnolls weren't nearly as forward as this.

shugyosha
2013-01-27, 06:33 PM
Are you trying to convince us there is no great gnoll conspiracy to take over to land?:smallbiggrin:

meemaas
2013-01-27, 06:42 PM
Nah, just pointing out to Dromet that if you guys had stayed and taken out the gnolls, it wouldn't have changed anything that happened here.

stanleyindraven
2013-01-28, 09:14 AM
Dromet is starting to think the gnolls are a hired mercenary force or part of a larger army.

shugyosha
2013-01-28, 10:34 PM
[roll0] will save

Not sure how long MoF's exams are. I hope he returns as Serp is the only one of us that speaks gnoll.

meemaas
2013-01-28, 10:38 PM
Ewww. Bad roll. Here i was figuring you'd both ace the save, and wreck this gnoll in record time.

stanleyindraven
2013-01-29, 08:11 AM
wow, that sucks, really sucks. can serp follow and roll?

meemaas
2013-01-29, 06:57 PM
Follow. yes. Roll? Nah. If he's following, he came last, and he'll be last and out of range of the spell. And i did forget i was supposed to NPC him for this. Go figure what work does to the brain. Expect a post before tonight, probably a few, just because you guys are both out for four rounds.

shugyosha
2013-02-01, 12:04 PM
is the gnoll armed.

meemaas
2013-02-01, 12:05 PM
Nope. And rather frail looking. Especially for a gnoll.

stanleyindraven
2013-02-01, 12:12 PM
my guess is sorcerer.

shugyosha
2013-02-01, 02:03 PM
not that I'm quibbling about 14 points of damage, but doesn't a greatsword do 2d6 not 1d10?

stanleyindraven
2013-02-01, 05:01 PM
indeed it does, i wrote the wrong thin on my sheet, i have been shorting us the potential damage.

meemaas
2013-02-01, 05:03 PM
Good thing you caught it. You'll need the extra damage for the hopefully much more challenging encounters i have in store for you.

shugyosha
2013-02-01, 07:39 PM
What? You didn't think a simple color spray with a DC of 12 was bad enough?

Lesson: Never underestimate the power if a bad set of rolls.

Man on Fire
2013-02-14, 08:19 AM
I'm back, but only tomorrow will have time to catch up with the plot and write a post, catching up to 4 games and al other thing is kinda hard.

meemaas
2013-02-14, 09:09 AM
Welcome back. It's nice to see you back. And no worries. We can hold the game up one day so you can catch up.

meemaas
2013-02-16, 02:31 PM
I really need to start making maps again, don't i?

stanleyindraven
2013-02-16, 11:24 PM
Dromet attacks the man again with the intent to knock him out Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

meemaas
2013-02-18, 07:16 PM
Ouch, that smarts. Since you didn't knock him out though, his action does go as intended, so take your move Dromet.

stanleyindraven
2013-02-18, 09:43 PM
Continue following.

meemaas
2013-02-18, 09:50 PM
Alright. Ill get you guys a post tomorrow.

meemaas
2013-02-20, 11:45 AM
You realize that you'll provoke an Attack of Opportunity for firing in melee, right?

meemaas
2013-02-20, 08:38 PM
Saving Throw [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2013-02-20, 09:04 PM
AoO [roll0] non-lethal damage [roll1]

meemaas
2013-02-20, 09:05 PM
Ouch. don't bother posting in game, you've got a post coming

meemaas
2013-02-21, 01:17 AM
Shugyosha. Just to clarify. Deladion was a Cryptic, who handles his Psionic Powers differently from the other psionic classes. Just in case this interaction confused you about him. I don't wanna blindside you next time you interact with a psionic character.

shugyosha
2013-02-21, 11:09 AM
I just wanted an in-game reason for her to recognize psionics. Is psionics rare in this world?

A Cryptic still pays for his power with power points? How is it different from other psychers?

meemaas
2013-02-21, 11:15 AM
Magic is still the primary source in the world. But psionics have been showing up more in the recent years.

A Cryptic does pay for his powers just like any other psionic character does. He just has a specific caveat on them that doesn't allow him to suppress his displays. He can suppress all displays of his powers except for the ones from his tattoos, and all powers known by a Cryptic show as tattoos on his body. Now that you know what to look for, Eophyn can try spellcraft checks to recognize any tattoos as such ahead of time.

Other psionic characters have basic displays from their powers that'll allow you to recognize them in the same manner, but at the cost of a concentration check they can suppress them and make their manifesting invisible. In the interest of fairness to you three, i don't plan on using that rule very often, unless its necessary, of course. Trying to keep you guys on your toes, and i think i did a good job with this encounter.

Man on Fire
2013-02-22, 09:04 PM
Serph will follow the rest of the rgroup.
Sorry, kinda hasty week.

meemaas
2013-02-27, 01:12 PM
Just because it might look unfair, since you had a good roll on stealth and all, Deladion was waiting for someone to open the door the entire time. Under normal circumstances, he probably wouldn't have seen you, but since he wasn't watching for you, but the door to open, its a different story.

Just figured i'd clear that up, in case you thought otherwise.

meemaas
2013-03-01, 09:24 PM
My apologies Shugyosha, i missed that post. I'll get to posting in the game before i go to bed tonight, but my post rate is going down because of real life, even more so than it usually is.

Anyways, you didn't see any noticeable traps anyways.

shugyosha
2013-03-01, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Slow is better than a stop.

meemaas
2013-03-01, 10:22 PM
Actually, no post tonight. And sometime in the next month, there will be a one week lapse in posts. Cross country drive from Vegas to Ohio, you get the idea. No real ability to post on the go reliably.

stanleyindraven
2013-03-02, 09:04 AM
going to buy a dog? i have noticed many breeders live in ohio

meemaas
2013-03-02, 09:06 AM
My grandmother probably will. But we're moving there. With a Chihuahua. Lucky me.

stanleyindraven
2013-03-04, 02:19 PM
So you are leaving the warm sands of Nevada to go to Ohio? Suckage.

meemaas
2013-03-04, 06:13 PM
Are you kidding me? I can't stand the heat of Vegas if my life depended on it. I'm gonna love being somewhere where the heat doesn't break 100 every day for three months, every year. Hell, ninety percent of the time i don't have a daily post on the days i work its because the heat from the work is too much for me, and i'm mostly passed out. Where i'm going is going to be so much better.

shugyosha
2013-03-04, 06:56 PM
Heat from the work? What do you do? Do you work out side?

meemaas
2013-03-04, 06:58 PM
I work at McDonalds. In the Kitchen. Next to the oil vats, and the heated cabinets, and the grills. And i have absolutely no tolerance for heat. Heck, yesterday i sweated more than i drank while working. Ah the hells of having a crappy job.

stanleyindraven
2013-03-04, 07:11 PM
Yeah, living in the southeast is either super humid hot or frozen wasteland with no snow, it is horribly unpredictable, as those two extremes can be in the same week.

shugyosha
2013-03-04, 08:49 PM
Yeah, that would be hot. Good luck to you in Ohio. You have a job there lined up?

BTW I hope our bad guy is being distracted enough for Eophyn to get close.

meemaas
2013-03-04, 08:51 PM
Not yet. Anything will be better than fast food though.

Also, since i'm posting here now, i'll answer your perception check.

You notice that there are five barrels of what appear to be oil in the room, along with some string leading from each of them as though it were a fuse.

shugyosha
2013-03-06, 10:27 PM
of course there would be a second set of barrels...
I hope a DC 14 grease can hold him.

meemaas
2013-03-06, 10:36 PM
He had planned to blow the whole place from the beginning. The trap that Serp disarmed, was supposed to pull corks from two of the barrels, which do not happen to have fuses, so that oil would be on the ground to distract his pursuers. All in all, you guys have already won this encounter, its just a matter of time.

stanleyindraven
2013-03-08, 02:23 PM
Should I classify that as a bull rush or what?

meemaas
2013-03-11, 06:45 PM
Because i misplaced my dice while packing.

Reflex save [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-03-11, 08:01 PM
re roll to hit
[roll0]

meemaas
2013-03-18, 03:40 PM
For some reason, i forgot you unbuckled the saddle, but alright, the horse still runs off, but the saddle and the bag attached to it remain.

shugyosha
2013-03-19, 10:50 PM
must remember to have Eophyn check for magic items.

meemaas
2013-03-19, 10:51 PM
I'll get you guys a post when i'm not feeling like ****. Hopefully that'll be tomorrow.

meemaas
2013-03-23, 05:54 PM
My internet goes out on Monday. I probably won't be posting in the IC until around the third, give or take, because that'll be around when we expect to make it into Ohio. Sorry for the holdup.

shugyosha
2013-03-23, 08:28 PM
thanks for the warning. good luck with the move.

meemaas
2013-03-31, 09:03 PM
Let me know if you guys are ready to move on. I don't quite have my notes out, but i'll be able to improvise what i need to to keep you guys going.

Yes, i'm back, i got internet earlier than i expected, but i'll only be able to guarantee posts at night.

stanleyindraven
2013-03-31, 09:55 PM
that works for me. i think we have a plan of action for where we want things to go.

Man on Fire
2013-04-01, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I'm okay with the plan too.

meemaas
2013-04-01, 09:03 AM
I might be a bit blind, but what exactly did you settle on?

stanleyindraven
2013-04-01, 09:11 AM
i think to notify the queen, then disperse the gnolls, then whatever the queen wishes next.

shugyosha
2013-04-01, 11:27 AM
oh really I thought we want to hit the gnolls but will ask the queen what to do next.

stanleyindraven
2013-04-01, 11:53 AM
i thought we were going to let her know what we found with Dendu's henchman, then disperse gnolls, but we can do it the other way around.

shugyosha
2013-04-02, 10:56 AM
As you sneak up to the bag, you rifle through it, having not noticed anyone but the horse, which appears to be very well trained. Going through it, you find the basic traveling supplies, a few days worth of rations, some seemingly valuable jewelry, a few sealed letters, one of which is labeled to Dendu Vigorn, and an unsealed letter, labeled to Deladion Inch. There's also a very nice looking ring in the bag, at the very bottom.
[/SPOILER]

I would like to know what was in the other letter, the approximate value of the jewelry and a description of the ring.

meemaas
2013-04-02, 11:33 AM
Appraise check for the jewelry please.

shugyosha
2013-04-02, 11:39 AM
Appraise check for the jewelry please.

passing the buck to Serp

shugyosha
2013-04-02, 09:26 PM
fine fine...
[roll0] spellcraft

meemaas
2013-04-02, 09:32 PM
Ah well. You'll learn one day. Or you can always ask someone to identify them for you.