PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cleric of Shauntea Prestige Class help.

Krazzman
2012-04-19, 09:52 AM
Hello again Playgrounders,

I might have asked a few days ago in the thread about my Warlock already, but nobody answered on this part of the thread.

So we have a Cleric of Chauntea in our Party with the Domains: Earth and Healing.
Her Stats that I remember are 16 Str, 14 Dex, 17 Wis and 12 Cha.
So far we are level 3 with about 5000/6000 Exp. And she took the role of our Main Melee Tank thing and Healer. Atm, due to a bit bad luck on the treasure table she wears a Masterworked Banded Mail and a Masterworked Heavy Steel Shield and wields a Masterworked Heavy Mace (although we found a probably talosian magic heavy mace).
Now the point of this thread is, what prestige classes she should take and what further feats she should look for with her goal in mind. Her goal is: to be the main healer (she took augment healing and touch of healing) be a competent melee fighter and to survive long enough.
We thought about War Priest (although we don't really get the spell prereq) or Divine Disciple (the +7 BaB, Weaponfocus of goddess) ones but +7 Bab is a long way to go.

Additionally she wanted to add a Ranger dip into her build to be the main tracker and because she thought it fits the character.

Allowed Books: PHB I&II, DMG I&II, Completes (except Mage since that book is still at another place), Faerunian books. Don't know about Races of Stone, Destiny and Wild.

Hope you can help us.

Namfuak
2012-04-19, 03:50 PM
Since you have Complete Divine, you have access to Divine Metamagic. Generally, the advice for healing is focus on preventing rather than healing damage. Give out energy resistance, shields of faith, and such, and then when absolutely necessary use healing spells. As for melee, use divine metamagic to persist divine power on yourself to give full BAB and some extra strength, and as you get more uses of turn undead burn them to persist more spells. The way to get more uses of divine metamagic is to use prestige classes that give alternative pools, and take advantage of the fact that extra turning adds a flat bonus to all pools. You can look up stuff like clericzilla for exact builds of this nature that can put together a divine metamagic pool of around 50 uses a day and take advantage of the fact that extend spell stacks with persist spell for 48 hours of each spell (so you can alternate which one you put on yourself each day, so you can use metamagic on more spells per day).

Flickerdart
2012-04-19, 03:58 PM
If she wants a Ranger dip, she would be better off with the Prestige Ranger from Unearthed Arcana, which would let her cast Ranger spells from her Cleric slots. UA is part of the SRD, which may or may not make it count for an allowed book.

If she wants a PrC that helps her fight, there are a couple of choices that grant full BAB and mostly full spellcasting, if she doesn't want to go Clericzilla. Since you don't have the Tome of Battle (for Ruby Knight) or Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (for Knight of the Raven) that leaves you the Hospitaler PrC in Complete Divine. 8/10 casting, full BAB, a couple of bonus combat feats and a smattering of Paladin-like abilities, but some of the prerequisites and benefits only help a mounted character.

Krazzman
2012-04-20, 01:47 AM
The main problem are the requirements for Prestige Ranger (Two Weapon Fighting).

Ruby Knight WINdicator is an option, as we try to get our hands on a Book that doesn't cost us 3 digits....

So far I thought her build to look like this:
Cleric 3/Ranger 1(maybe 2)/Cleric 1/(Sacred Exorcist) 2/Divine Delegade 1+

I already advised her to go for DMM Persist, but that won't come off until level 9. So far she only uses healing in combat to resque us, since the Ninja is squishy and I'm not flying, invisible...yet.