PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Dungeon PF IC

Thattaman
2012-04-19, 10:52 AM
You start in a dungeon with no way of getting out, as the foor has closed and locked behind you, there is another door in the room but it appears locked and has a barricade infront of it.

For new people, the rules are simple at first, barricades don't have a skill check so you would need an ablilty check, for the ability check roll [ roll ]1d20+x[ /roll ] The lock is simmilar but it needs a skill check, it rolls the same but you will use a disable device instead of strength check.

SirDalyus
2012-04-19, 11:18 AM
Aed looks at the doors carefully.

[roll0]

Where are the hinges of the door? Does It have Handles? What's It made from? What's In the room?

He puts his ransuer on his back, and pulls out a throwing axe.

hydroplatypus
2012-04-19, 12:35 PM
Amarath looks around and seeing that the door they came in has shut she says Well this doesn't bode well. A door locking behind you is almost always a bad sign.

Looking around she sees the barricaded door. Getting slightly annoyed, she attempts to move one of the barricades

Strength check
[roll0]

SirDalyus
2012-04-19, 12:40 PM
Aed puts his hand on Amarath's shoulder.

"In my experiance, doors don't lock themselves. Make sure your prepared for whatever could be behind that barricade."

Aed quickly checks to see If there is any pebbles on the floor.

hydroplatypus
2012-04-19, 04:42 PM
Amarath stops tugging at the barricade, feeling somewhat embarrassed that she didn't think about the consequences of opening the door.

You're right, I wasn't thinking. So how should we prepare should something come through the door?

Mikhailangelo
2012-04-20, 01:51 AM
"Well, I don't want to sound paranoid, and I do always prefer the diplomatic approach wherever possible, but perhaps we should draw our weapons now."
Francois' states, drawing his rapier.
"I mean, from what I gather, these dungeons are filled to the brim with creatures who cannot be reasoned with at all. It'll no doubt be impossible to totally avoid combat. Might as well be ready for it. If I'm jumping the gun and the next room is filled with sentient beings however, I'd prefer if we tried to take a diplomatic approach first."

DeRerumNatura
2012-04-20, 04:14 AM
Lea scratches her nose and pulls on her ear lobe.
"How about, we place ourselves in a semicircle around the door?
With Amarath in the second line?"
She turns to Aed.
"Do you think you are strong enough to pull the barricade away on your own?"

What are the dimensions of the room?

hydroplatypus
2012-04-20, 07:04 AM
That seems to be a good plansays Amarath as she edges away from the probable combat zone. Standing behind the more melee party members she draws her bow, ntches an arrow and points it at the door.

Thattaman
2012-04-20, 10:08 AM
As Aramath pulls on the barricades, they splinter and break in his hands. On the other side of the door you can haer grunts of boredom of a less than intelligent creature.

Mikhailangelo
2012-04-20, 12:13 PM
Having heard the noise of the creature in question, Francois took a slight step back away from the door and readied his weapon.
"Should we try to draw it out, whatever it is? I'm pretty sure we could gain some kind of tactical advantage if we forced it to break down the door, rather than barging in ourselves. If we fight on the defensive we'll hold the advantage. That'll work in conjunction with your semicircle idea Lea."

hydroplatypus
2012-04-20, 01:06 PM
Well I suppose that we could insult it a bit, but what if it goes to get friends. If someone were to unlock the door everyone who has a bow could immediately shoot it. I doubt it will survive the arrows that will follow. If so the close in fighters can finish it off. As Amarath says this she aims her bow towards the door, and gets ready in case the creature should hear them talking.

Mikhailangelo
2012-04-20, 01:14 PM
"Gods damn it! If we knew what it was I could disguise myself as one of its kind and distract it so that Grel could perform a sneak attack and you ranged combatants could perforate it..."
Francois whispered before inhaling slowly.

DeRerumNatura
2012-04-20, 05:19 PM
Mhm let me listen.
Lea walks up to the barricade and strain her ears trying to identify what kind of thing does make the noise before returning to her place in the semicircle.

Perception:
[roll0]
In the hope that Knowledge(Nature) is appropriate:
[roll1]

Leonardo
2012-04-20, 05:36 PM
"If there are many of them, I can unleash my power upon them to the most effect if they are close together. Half circle is a sound formation. I'd suggest that you stand next to the door, Grel, so that if something charges through, you can strike its back by surprise. If there are no objections, I will take the center so that if many foes meet us, I can blast many of them at once. Shall we take our positions?"
Allanon then moves to face the door.

To Lea:"What was it that you could sense beyond the door?"

IanTheDragon
2012-04-20, 06:25 PM
Grel had been watching, and sort've watching the taller folks interact. Shiny orange eyes flicking about in the dim light, he shrugged, pulling his masterwork thieves tools from his belt, and laying them out on the floor, as he approached the door. Going to attempt to pick the lock.

[roll0]

"..Gimme a sec..." Spoke the Kval..tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth as he plied his trade.

Thattaman
2012-04-21, 02:19 AM
When Lea aproached the door she heard a familiar growl, which she could instantly tell what it was, a goblinoid, a four of five of them by the sounds of it.

When Grel opens the door there is four frustrated goblins sitting at a table playing cards and shouting at each other.

Thus begins a surprise round.

DeRerumNatura
2012-04-21, 05:17 AM
Grel, stop ... damit

Leonardo
2012-04-21, 09:44 AM
"I thought sneaky types understood strategy."
To the group:"I may be able to parley with them."
To the Goblins(in goblin):Can I play?

hydroplatypus
2012-04-21, 11:11 AM
Not expecting Grel to open the door Amarath is shocked when it swings open. Completely surprised by this lowers her bow slightly and lets Grel talk, although she doesn't expect success.

IanTheDragon
2012-04-21, 12:01 PM
Grel quickly moved behind the door, attempting to hide himself from view, waiting for the goblins to charge through the door...obviously picking up his thieves tools as he moved away.
Stealth: [roll0]

Mikhailangelo
2012-04-23, 12:04 PM
With a slight frown, Francois summons his arcane power and casts Haunted Fey Aspect, surrounding himself in screaming, swirling images and changing his appearance to that of a wild, enraged fey. With a animalistic howl, he raises his sword and screams at the goblins in Common;

"If you value your wretched lives goblinoid scum you shall not take a step further towards this door! We possess and can harness power far beyond the comprehension of your pathetic minds!"

Beginning an intimidate check

Leonardo
2012-04-23, 02:49 PM
"I guess I am the only one who understands the word parley.":smallannoyed:

DeRerumNatura
2012-04-23, 03:49 PM
Lea readies her great axe placing herself such that she threatens the path of any goblin trying to get to Amarath.

SirDalyus
2012-04-23, 04:23 PM
"I undertand parley alright. I'm not so much a fool to think they understand the concept though."

In Goblin: "I'll give you one warning. Throw down your weapons and run away. Otherwise I'll unleash this fey on you, and not one of you will be able to survive his onslaught!"

Aid another:[roll0]

hydroplatypus
2012-04-28, 09:43 AM
Amarath readies a shot from her bow, to hit any of the goblins that make a move to attack. She doesn't want to be the one to start hostilities though.

If one of the goblins triggers readied action

attack: [roll0]

damage: [roll1]