PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this uber Str gestalt?

danzibr
2012-04-19, 10:59 AM
Inspired by another thread, I've been thinking of a gestalt that would go like this (would Goliath affect both sides? And can you use the BAB from one side to quality for PrC's on the other?):

Some mix of Barb and Warblade 20//Goliath 1/Half-Dragon 3/Half-Minotaur 1/War Hulk 10/Were-something 5.

Now that's beefy (admittedly, I have no idea if it works, and no sane DM would let it work). A dragon and minotaur decided to have a baby, and that baby was somehow a Goliath, then later in life got bitten by another big beefy were-creature. Ultimately this dude oughta be large with powerful build and something like at least +40 strength. That's pretty cool.

How can this bad boy (or girl, never know) be improved without throwing in any casting or items?

Mooch
2012-04-19, 11:25 AM
Drop half dragon its not that grea, and its were balen whale for uber strength

Add in some hulking hurler and some barbarian and frenzied beserker for extra strength

I think orc gives a better strength mod than goliath (afb atm)

Chronos
2012-04-19, 12:05 PM
I don't think half-minotaur can be applied to monstrous humanoids.

And you're going to be really strong, but you need some way of using that strength. By the time you get to the minimum playable level for this character, you're going to be having a lot of encounters outside of melee range.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-04-19, 01:22 PM
You're dumping too much into just Str, getting it higher isn't really going to make that big of a difference. I've already got something that you may be interested in:

Half-Orc, plus Half-Minotuar. Use (Water) Orc plus Half-Minotaur if you can be counted as a Half-Orc for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes and feats.

Get the feat Menacing Demeanor via a visit to the Otyugh Hole detailed in Complete Scoundrel.

Use Fighter with the Zhentarim Soldier (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060327a) substitution levels, the Dungeoncrasher ACF in Dungeonscape, and Physical Prowess (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20061013a) entirely in Applied Force. You need at least ten Fighter levels in the build, along with ten War Hulk, some Half-Orc Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm#halfOrcParagon), maybe Orc Paragon, and fill the rest in with Warblade. I'd use two flaws, just to get all the necessary feats early on.

At War Hulk 4 you can use Mighty Swing to hit multiple opponents on each attack, including AoO's, and at War Hulk 10 you can use Massive Swing to hit every opponent in reach on every attack you make. Combine that with Knock-Back from Races of Stone plus Dungeoncrasher, and you can sweep your foes into a corner and Dungeoncrash them all against the wall every time one of them tries to escape. Throw in Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) and every time you hit someone you get a trip check, which thanks to Improved Trip gives you another attack which can Massive Swing into every opponent. Basically with Improved Trip and Knock-Down, every time you make an attack you get to hit every opponent in reach a number of times equal to the number of (trippable) opponents in reach plus one. That's a bit abusive, but just being able to knock everyone prone and sweep them into a corner so you can Dungeoncrash everyone against the wall if just one tries to stand up is plenty.

I'd even throw in Double Hit from the Miniatures Handbook, probably gaining Improved TWF via Gloves of the Balanced Hand in MIC. You can dual-wield Kusari-Gamas from the DMG (p 144-145), and even get some Exotic Weapon Master for the Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting and Trip Attack tricks. That way you can Dungeoncrash everyone twice whenever someone provokes an AoO. I'd even put the Wrathful Healing enchant from Enemies and Allies (p 20) on each of your weapons, it costs a +3 and heals you for an amount equal to the damage you deal with every attack.

As long as you have a level of Fighter or Warblade at every character level, you'll be able to take Weapon Supremacy (PH2) at 20th level. Be sure you get an even-numbered Fighter level at 20 to be able to do that, I'd probably make it Fighter 9/ Warblade 10/ Fighter 1, though you may want more Fighter levels in the build if you're short on feats. Get Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark at 9th level, and take the Never Outnumbered skill trick in CS. Dreadful Wrath in PGtF is also extremely useful, especially if you find room to take Ability Focus for it. Throw on Robilar's Gambit from PH2 for good measure.

That's extremely complicated, but it's extremely powerful in melee and its power only increases as your number of opponents increases.

danzibr
2012-04-20, 07:50 AM
That's quite the elaborate build (at least to me), but very cool, thanks! I may not be trying it out for a while, but if I ever play in a gestalt campaign (or run one), this will have to appear.