PDA

View Full Version : Warblade Build

White_Drake
2012-04-19, 01:08 PM
Doubtless you have all heard this umpteen times before, but I would appreciate a hand on this build. SRD only. I want a Dex based fighter type. I was thinking Warblade 15, Swordsage 2, Swashbuckler 3. Maybe specializing in dual wielding elvish light blades, although I'm open to alternatives. The upside of that is that he can use weapon finesse with them, cunning strike or whatever from swashbucker, and likely shadow blade to gain Dex on damage, because for many feats Lightblades are functionally shortswords. Abilities are as follows:
Str 15
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 16
Wis 14
Cha 9

So...?

Malachei
2012-04-19, 01:17 PM
Your favorite search engine will deliver an incredible amount of builds. There's even a build compendium.

stack
2012-04-19, 01:28 PM
None of your base classes are on the SRD, so you may have an issue with an SRD only build. Do you want SRD only feats?

Keld Denar
2012-04-19, 07:31 PM
While for certain things, lightblades benefit from things that affect shortswords, they aren't shortswords. Weapon Focus: Shortsword would work with a lightblade, but Shadow Blade would not, since a lightblade is not a Shadow Hand weapon.

You're best off looking for Warblade maneuvers in Tiger Claw, with a spattering of Iron Heart and White Raven. Those are the maneuvers that synergize best with TWFing from the schools that Warblades have available.

Do a little leg work on your own. Suggest a build stub, plan out a maneuver progression (hint, use a table, it helps), and we'll help you refine it. Just asking us to build you something is kinda...lazy. There are lots of guides around to help you get to where you want to be.

SRD only is going to be a little rough on you, though. Warblade is nearly completely online, but Swordsage and Swashbuckler are not. Neither are the majority of the feats you'll want to take, like Double Hit.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-19, 09:06 PM
I really don't understand why you would want to even focus on Dex in the first place, at lvl 4 you can bring your str even with dex. You can wear a breastplate without losing any dex, and save yourself some feats (and remove the need swashbuckler entirely). You have enough dexterity to get the first two twf feats, if that's part of what you're after. 16 dex is more than enough for almost any application that you might need aside from finesse and shadow blade. Dexterity based fighting is shaving a round peg to fit in a square hole, but you have the makings of a decent square already. And I still have to ask why you are asking for SRD only advice when none of the info you've given us is SRD content. You obviously have access to ToB and complete warrior, and both of which are loaded to the gills with good options for warrior types. Light blades are a waste of time, energy, and the paper they are printed on, but you can usually tell that by the fact that it's elven, and elves suck, a lot, and their crappiness infects every thing they make. Go with a longsword, and a short sword, or longsword and dagger, two kukris (the strongest choice most of the time), or my personal favorite rapier and dagger, even two short swords is a better load out.

gallagher
2012-04-19, 09:21 PM
any time you think about doing TWF without a source of extra damage (like sneak attack), look at the jack b quick build. while observing it, think to yourself "how much of this can i fit into my build without sacrificing my initiator level for fighter dips? then act accordingly