PDA

View Full Version : 10-foot step

Valdor
2012-04-19, 04:42 PM
So search function is failing me right now but I was wondering if there is any way to acquire getting a 10-foot step? I know there is an Elocator(sp?) ability but that is not only the 7th level ability for the class but the feats to qualify for the class are a bit out of my way. So is there anything like this in the books? No dragon magazines or 3rd party.

Gorfnod
2012-04-19, 04:46 PM
The source is eluding my mind at the moment (maybe Arms and Equipment Guide) but I remember a Training Dummy of sorts that once you trained with it you gained a 10 ft. step instead of the usual 5 ft. step.

Google-Fu: Sparring Dummy of the Master - Changes 5 ft. step to 10 ft. step but requires atleast 1 level in monk, and it is from Arms and Equipment Guide.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-19, 04:51 PM
I believe, in Oriental Adventures I think, that it's listed as something achievable with a DC 40 Tumble Check.

Deox
2012-04-19, 04:53 PM
Boots of Sidestepping (I think MIC) grants an additional 5ft step a few times per day, also White Raven Stance: Press Advantage.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-19, 04:54 PM
You get the whole party to pitch in to buy a Sparring Dummy of the Master, each use UMD to fake a monk level to use it, and then sell it. Per character it ends up being dirt cheap.

Valdor
2012-04-19, 04:58 PM
Boots of Sidestepping (I think MIC) grants an additional 5ft step a few times per da

Sweet. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I really suck with the calculations for making magic item so if there is anyone that is good at this and has a little extra free time, what would the price be for having these boots work 5 times a day or even unlimited uses:smalleek:?

You get the whole party to pitch in to buy a Sparring Dummy of the Master, each use UMD to fake a monk level to use it, and then sell it. Per character it ends up being dirt cheap.

What is the source for the Sparring Dummy?

hydraa
2012-04-19, 05:02 PM
Would gravity allow you to take a 10 foot step?

5 ft step off a 8.66 ft cliff (xtra 3.66 ft to account for Pythagoras)

Jump 10 ft up the previous round and fall in the next.

hydraa
2012-04-19, 05:06 PM
What is the source for the Sparring Dummy?

Arms and Equipment guide pg.137

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-19, 05:15 PM
^
What he said. It costs 30,000 GP and needs to be used 8 hours a day for 4 weeks straight to gain the benefit. That means three people can use it in the same period (rotate through).

Valdor
2012-04-19, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I knew I could rely on the knowledge of the Playground :smallsmile:

Rubik
2012-04-19, 07:42 PM
Sweet. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I really suck with the calculations for making magic item so if there is anyone that is good at this and has a little extra free time, what would the price be for having these boots work 5 times a day or even unlimited uses:smalleek:?If the item works 3/day, divide by 3 and multiply by 5 for unlimited uses per day OR continuous.

If it works 2 times per day, divide by 2 before multiplying by 5, and so on.

If it works 5 times per day then it is the exact same price to make it unlimited use or continuous.

Tr011
2012-04-19, 08:01 PM
Just to complete the list...

Tumble DC 40 OA 58 Move 10 feet as a "5-foot step"
Sparring Dummy of the Master (Item) A&EG 137 Make 10-foot adjustment whenever normally 5 foot adjustment
Capricious Step (Elocater 7) XPH 144 additional 5-foot step every round

other great movements
Dervish dance CW 26 move full speed while melee full attacking
Cunning Evasion (hide 9, evasion) PHB 2 Whenever dodging AoE damage, make step+hide
Evasive Reflexes (dex 13) ToB 30 5-ft. step instead of AoO
Shifting Defense (setting sun 5) ToB 73 5-ft. step whenever attacked as AoO
Press the Advantage (white raven 5) ToB 93 second 5-ft. step after first