PDA

View Full Version : Retooled Knacks [7th Sea]

bryn0528
2012-04-19, 04:45 PM
I don't see much 7th Sea stuff on these forums, but I know a few of you guys and gals are familiar with it. I'd just like some feedback and thoughts on the new versions of these knacks.

Beat,
TABBeat is now a passive ability. When you make an attack, you may call a number of Raises equal to or less than the number of ranks you have in Beat. You must specify that these Raises are for the purposes of Beat before making your roll. These Raises do not count for purposes of determining extra damage or making Called Shots. When you call Raises for a Beat, your target must also call the same number of Raises in order to Actively Defend. Your target may not call more Raises than she has Brawn.

Cheating,
TABCheating allows you to Gamble easier. Roll Cheat + Wits, and for every ten you receive on this roll, your TN to Gamble is reduced by 5. The TN for someone to notice you Cheating is the same as what you rolled. If you fail your Gamble Check, then you are caught Cheating.

Disarm,
TABYou may choose to Disarm an opponent as an Attack Action. You roll Finesse + Disarm against his TN to be hit. If you succeed, you do not deal damage but your opponent is Disarmed. If you call two Raises, you may end up with the weapon in your hand (you must have a free off-hand to do so). Your opponent may choose to Actively Defend with his Brawn + Parry, but must have an action to do so.

Beat,
TABFeint is now a passive ability. When you make an attack, you may call a number of Raises equal to or less than the number of ranks you have in Feint. You must specify that these Raises are for the purposes of Feint before making your roll. These Raises do not count for purposes of determining extra damage or making Called Shots. When you call Raises for a Feint, your target must also call the same number of Raises in order to Actively Defend. Your target may not call more Raises than she has Wits.

Lunge,
TABLunge is a passive ability. When attacking, you may choose to declare a Lunge and lower your TN to be hit to 5 until your next action or the end of the Round, whichever comes first. If your attack is successful, you deal an extra 2 points of damage per rank you have in Lunge.

Rolling,
TABRolling is a passive ability that grants you the ability to Actively Defend with an action a number of phases earlier than the current phase by the number of ranks you have in Rolling. You may not choose to Parry or Stop Thrust when actively defending in this manner (you must Dodge). You must call a Raise when defending in this manner, or else be knocked prone. If you fail to successfully defend, you are knocked prone.

Set Defense,
TABSet Defense is a passive ability that grants you extra damage on your attack rolls. For each rank you have in Set Defense, you may add the value of one of your opponent’s action die to the total damage, by calling a Raise when attacking (adding one die per Raise).

My goal was to try and remove excess "Attack" abilities, such as Lunge, and replace them with passive effects. That way there is no awkward discrepancy between Attack (Weapon) and Lunge (Same Weapon). Also, because I think it would be cool to stack certain effects. Such as a Disarm attempt with some Raises for Beat (I'm going to hit your weapon so hard that you drop it), or Feint with some Lunge (Just because I'm literally jumping at you to attack doesn't mean I can't do so with awesome precision).

No feedback yet? Lame.

bryn0528
2012-04-24, 12:56 PM
Come on, I know some of you out there have to know the system. Anyone? Bueller?