PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Large-Scale Combat Preparations

rmg22893
2012-04-19, 09:02 PM
So for our finale session this semester, we are having an all-out war, Heroes of Battle style. I've decided that I want to bring some Colossal animated trees into the mix via Mass Awaken (I am currently a level 16 Druid). Is this a good idea, or would they just be a hindrance? Would a smaller size be better? If they are a good idea, what could I do to increase their effectiveness? I was considering applying ironwood to them to prevent them from being burnt to a crisp/to increase their hardness, but ironwood is fairly limited in scale. Are there any good buffs that I could cast on Colossal animated trees?

gallagher
2012-04-19, 09:17 PM
So for our finale session this semester, we are having an all-out war, Heroes of Battle style. I've decided that I want to bring some Colossal animated trees into the mix via Mass Awaken (I am currently a level 16 Druid). Is this a good idea, or would they just be a hindrance? Would a smaller size be better? If they are a good idea, what could I do to increase their effectiveness? I was considering applying ironwood to them to prevent them from being burnt to a crisp/to increase their hardness, but ironwood is fairly limited in scale. Are there any good buffs that I could cast on Colossal animated trees?

nothing is a hindrance if you utilize it properly. have the animated trees pretend to be fake trees on the outer boundaries of wherever you plan on having them take best effect (preferably open field, as it would be natural to have trees there and they can take advantage of superb reach.

the main thing you need to keep in mind for them is that in order to not be in the way of your troops and allies, they need to be used as herding mechanisms. if they get too close you force enemies to try and run away

and dont worry about buffs outside of prot from fire. you are in a giant battle, you will want to use your spells most effectively, aka bring in more troops. summon several weaker creatures instead of one heavy guy too, because in large battles it just becomes a numbers game

rmg22893
2012-04-19, 09:18 PM
nothing is a hindrance if you utilize it properly. have the animated trees pretend to be fake trees on the outer boundaries of wherever you plan on having them take best effect (preferably open field, as it would be natural to have trees there and they can take advantage of superb reach.

the main thing you need to keep in mind for them is that in order to not be in the way of your troops and allies, they need to be used as herding mechanisms. if they get too close you force enemies to try and run away

and dont worry about buffs outside of prot from fire. you are in a giant battle, you will want to use your spells most effectively, aka bring in more troops. summon several weaker creatures instead of one heavy guy too, because in large battles it just becomes a numbers game

Yeah, I'm also using Cry of Ysgard to bring in some Bariaur rangers, which should help.